President Trump BOLDLY walked up St. John's Church with a Bible in his hand.

I don't get it.

Dear Blackrook
(1) First, the left attacks the Christians for political reasons
to discredit opposition to abortion and LGBT agenda.
So anything to divide, demean and discredit becomes a strategic target
(2) To divide and dissuade Trump supporters, they
campaign to paint him as NONCHRISTIAN and a hypocrite.
They feel this gives them power to attack others
as they feel Christian and Conservative Republicans attack them and their causes.

Attacking Trump for this serves these two goals
(1) attacking the Christian base for supporting him
unless they join in attacking him
(if you notice, the left only uses Christians when it helps
them with their political LGBT, immigration or anti death penalty agenda.)
(2) spreading as much negative publicity about him
to weaken the support and faith that he can win re-election
so they can push their agenda as what America wants
and get more people to jump on that bandwagon with confidence
they are jealous that Trump has.

Anything to destroy that leadership
and relationship with Trump's support base.

In general, because Trump represents their fear of corporate buyouts
and favor/pandering in Govt, they blame him and Republicans for that,
and believe voting him out represents defeating that.

What they fail to take into account is the same corporate dealings
of their own Democratic Party elitists and leaders
ABUSING them for their own political gain.
They were able to forgive Obama, Bill Clinton or anyone
else on their side for doing worse things than Trump.
In general because the left does not use the Constitutional
laws to give people authority, they rely on Party
to get leaders elected they hope will represent them.

Unlike the Right, which relies on church and Christian leadership,
the Left relies on GOVT to serve as their church and Pope.
So their beliefs DEPENDS on getting their Party into Govt.

I just no longer have words for this, so I'll ask three very serious questions:

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Second, what was the point of that, what was his goal?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Sounds like he got caught using a Bible as a prop, and blew off the question.

Why are you acting like that is a big deal?

I believe we're allowed to start threads that are not a "big deal" if we choose.

But I've gotten pretty much what I was expecting, so it's been a good thread.

Good thing I don't need anyone's approval.

Of course you are allowed to do it. I asked WHY. And you shockingly, did not answer.

Do you remember when I pointed out to you, that the end of talking left only violence as a way of addressing conflict?

The reason for starting the thread is obvious. To see If and how Trump supporters defend actions that OP deemed inappropriate. The real question is why people enter the thread and avoid answering simple questions.

1. am I the only one that answered the question?

2. The obvious answer is that they don't expect their answers to be treated seriously or honestly. Especially as Mac1958 admitted that he does not pay attention to what people say,when they "talk".

You are one of the better more on topic trump supporters to converse with. Read through the thread and 90% completely avoid the topic. So why even join the conversation? To distract? I believe that’s called trolling. I agree with some
Of what you said. Trump used the church and bible as a prop. I don’t think he is sincere or cares about Christian values more than the fact that he has political support from the group so he will pander to them.

I don’t agree that he was trying to calm the nation. Somebody from his admin probably proposed the photo op and he thought it would make him look good. But on the other side he is perpetuating the Conflict through what everybody knows is divisive Partisan rhetoric and extreme actions to flex his muscles and appear to be a tough guy

"Pander" is just spin. He has no political enmity with the Religious Right, that way liberals like Hillary, or Biden does.

He is willing to work with them, and they are wiling to work with him. Nothing wrong with that. If it seems wrong to you, you need to check your assumptions.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

Pander is an accurate description. Donald Trump in his own accord with no incentive would never stand in front of a church with a Bible. It’s unnatural and phony. But he did it because he thought it would play well politically. Yes all politicians do that. But to tear gas a peaceful protest to get this photo op and politicize they church and religion is a new low beyond normal political pandering

Nope. It's negative spin based on your feelings, not anything real about the facts of the situation.

What is the most extreme thing he has supposedly done to " perpetuate" the conflict?

You calling my comment spin is just as much emotional as me calling trumps bible photo pandering. So let’s stop with the petty belittling and stay on topic.

The worst thing Trump has done? That’s easy in my eyes... he pours gas on the fire. Blames and attacks and belittles and plays tough guy instead of acting with understanding compassion and trying to draw a sense of unity. A good leader would work towards the latter. But Trump is Trump and he’s got a campaign to win so he’ll stay in that mode

1. My pointing out that your "pandering" is spin, is not emotion based. It is an observation that your word choice is about putting a negative spin on completely normal political activity.

2. Trump is not the one pouring gas on the fire. THe anti-Trumpers, like yourself, pretending that he is a super villain or a nazi, are the ones who have been radicalizing the masses for the last 3 years.

“When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross Bible.”

And this observation appeared in John Thomas Flynn’s As We Go Marching, published in 1944:

But when fascism comes it will not be in the form of an anti-American movement or pro-Hitler bund, practicing disloyalty. Nor will it come in the form of a crusade against war. It will appear rather in the luminous robes of flaming patriotism; it will take some genuinely indigenous shape and color, and it will spread only because its leaders, who are not yet visible, will know how to locate the great springs of public opinion and desire and the streams of thought that flow from them and will know how to attract to their banners leaders who can command the support of the controlling minorities in American public life. The danger lies not so much in the would-be Fuhrers who may arise, but in the presence in our midst of certainly deeply running currents of hope and appetite and opinion. The war upon fascism must be begun there.

So, using that logic, if I post pictures of Biden with a flag and/or going to church, you will disavow him as a possible fascist?

LOL!! Just kidding. I know you didn't mean anything by your words.
I know you're smart enough to understand what that quote said. Playing dumb isn't going to further an argument with me.

My point was not about pretending to misunderstand your point, but to point out that your point is not limited. You make no distinction between any religion or patriotism and the religion and patriotism that would be "Fascism".

Why, based on your previous post, are you not concerned about the use of religion and patriotism by Dem candidates as you are when Republicans do it?
I don't recall saying anything about religion, and neither does the quote I put up.

I've already said I can see "tribes" forming on both extreme ends, people who want only their way and who have forgotten how to listen, throwing around ridiculous terms about one another. Fascism has not been accomplished in our country yet, but proximity warnings are beeping. And usually it begins by singling out a group that is scape goated for all the country's ills. Nothing like a good scapegoat to purge all those angry feelings, eh? That don't fly in the America I was raised to believe in.

1. The previous and more commonly used quote specifically mentioned a cross and a bible.

2. You say that a warning bell is "scapegoating a group". You offer no ideas of insight as to how we are to discuss problems or issues that are caused by or even more prevalent in one group, without being smeared by people like you, as "fascist".

3. That was my point. Obviously. I mean, I was completely clear about it before, and even more so now. Are you going to address it now, or pretend to not get it again, for a third time (and counting)?

Trump will pay for this brazen and empty posturing. Even many white Evangelical Christians can see his impiety. Just as the head of that Church — who also leads other Congregations in the area — denounced him in no uncertain terms, many others now see Trump for the posturing bully and phony that he is.

Trump’s fanatic supporters here defend his colossal hypocrisy, and of course his using police to clear the way with smoke bombs, as well as his not bothering even to consult with Church leaders or meet with its Congregation. They act cute (“What book should he have brought to a Church?”) or else they act stupid, because they know this was a stupendous PR flub. And also because their own souls are empty and craven.

Of course not all Trump supporters are craven and immoral, just as not all Democrats are “libtards” or “traitors.” But for those who critically support Trump, it is getting more and more difficult to overlook his profound flaws in character and judgement.
You make a good point

It shows how clueless Trump is in trying desperately to show his leadership. He somehow thought it was a good idea.

He is paying a political price
Trump is much better when he insults and bullies and gets down and dirty. He couldn’t do that here with a Bible in his hand. So he just looked stupid. At the Evangelical mass meetings he reads a prepared script.

Maybe Trump will get better at this religious stuff. He could always study some “fire and brimstone” preachers and start denouncing Democrats as ... “Satanists.” :eek:
For some reason, Trump doesn’t look comfortable holding a bible.

I don't get it.

Dear Blackrook
as they feel Christian and Conservative Republicans attack them and their causes.

What in Trumps actions make you believe he is a Christian?

I disagree. Before COVID-19 I thought he might have a chance of winning. After COVID-19. No way. Now? Fuck, he'll be lucky if he's going to be their nomination. Once it has all calmed down and COVID has too (I'm guessing two months) we're already in August. Election is in three months after that. He will get a few states thanks to his Deplorable base, but he is fucking toast. I would go so far as to say a lot of people, maybe not him, will go to jail.

Did I say Trump will win in November?

I didn't. All I say is, Trump will create distraction after benighted distraction from issues on which he cannot win. Obamagate, Antifa, the Russia hoax, whatever comes along, he'll run with it. It's been reported he was hiding from protesters in a bunker. One could have predicted he'll counter it with a strongman spectacle, running through Lafayette Park with his armed entourage, having pepper sprayed and teargassed protesters out of the way. There's been criticism of the police because of systemic racism - Trump will stand behind the police no matter what because that's where his "base" is. Opening up the economy too early was predicted to cause a resurgence of COVID-19 - he'll, for the rest of the year, blame the coming resurgence on protesters. Whether or not that and similar suffices to eke out a victory in November, I do not know. It's a political eternity away. I'd say, though, he and his minions have read his "base" better than anybody else.

That said... in a reasonable, rational universe, with a track record as catastrophic as Trump's, his winning that election would be completely impossible. Folks more knowledgeable than I am have assured me of same in 2016. Stands to reason, the universe we inhabit doesn't have the aforementioned qualities.

First, would someone like to explain what this man did yesterday, holding up Bible and saying "It's a Bible"?

Third, do you believe we were witnessing a devout Christian there, holding up a religion's holy book in humble reverence?

Thanks in advance.

Was it a Bible he was holding or was it Elbib?

I don't get it.

Dear Blackrook

And you think Trump represents the church and Christian leadership? If that's true, you've got a fucked up religion, that is nothing like what Jesus taught. According to your depiction, modern Christianity is nothing more than a disgusting cult.

Liberals don't understand the Bible verses on authority, or any other verses for that matter. You won't get any answers from them that make any sense.
You’re completely dense if you think Trump gives a shit about anything in Bible.
Much like you leftist couldn’t care less about the death of George Floy’d.

Outside of the fact that it gives you free reign by leftist loon governors to steal shit.

Thanks in advance.

Was it a Bible he was holding or was it Elbib?

The funniest part was, when asked "is that YOUR Bible?", he responded "it's A Bible".

Well, maybe "funny" isn't the right word. But sometimes it's better to laugh right now.

Trump is much better when he insults and bullies and gets down and dirty. He couldn’t do that here with a Bible in his hand. So he just looked stupid. At the Evangelical mass meetings he reads a prepared script.

Maybe Trump will get better at this religious stuff. He could always study some “fire and brimstone” preachers and start denouncing Democrats as ... “Satanists.” :eek:

The real Tom Paine was an atheist.

The Pol Pot that you actually model yourself after was also an atheist.

So how does an atheist like you get off judging the spirituality of others?

Oh, that's right, you're a fucking hypocrite - as you liberty hating Marxists tend to be.

You've never read "Common Sense," and while it's a bit beyond your "see spot run" reading level, it is a mere pamphlet. See if Aunt Mommy might read it to you? It could enlighten your benighted commie mind.

I don't get it.
1) He’s a fake Christian and you embarrassingly believe he is one.

2) He pushed for heavy force to clear the way to the church.

3) He posed for the cameras like a fucking idiot with a book he’s never read more than a page of.
Your problem is you care too much about stuff that doesn't matter.
You’re the one that brought this shit up. I’m just laying it down for you how ridiculous it was.
I don't understand.

I've got lots of books at home.

Next time I go to church, which book should I bring?

In your case, it wouldn't matter. You don't understand what the Bible represents anyway.

And you do, comrade traitor?

"And the LORD sayith, go forth and breaketh the windows of the white muthafuckas and stealith the TV's "

Proverbs 15 King James Version (KJV)
15 A soft answer turneth away wrath: but grievous words stir up anger.

2 The tongue of the wise useth knowledge aright: but the mouth of fools poureth out foolishness.

And?

What does this have to do with your slander against the president?

Exodus 23:1-2

“You shall not bear a false report; do not join your hand with a wicked man to be a malicious witness. You shall not follow the masses in doing evil, nor shall you testify in a dispute so as to turn aside after a multitude in order to pervert justice;

Scumbag.

You don't want to get into Trump bearing a false report do you? I didn't think even you would be that dumb.

We're talking about you, you lying fuck.

Why do you think it's okay to lie about Trump? The "cause?"

There are thousands of demonstrable lies that that obese orange fool has told. Nothing you can say to change that, dumb ass.

So, Why do you think it's okay to lie about Trump? The "cause?"

Nobody lied about that fat fool, but that fat fool.

All you do is lie. Virtually none of the slander and libel you vomit out is ever true. You're a pathological liar and think you are justified because Orange Man Bad.

Here you are attacking him for having a Bible at a church your terrorist party had set on fire. I mean, what kind of fucking sleaze are you? You're a communist, fighting a war to destroy America. St. John's is a national monument, so you seek to destroy it, along with the Lincoln Memorial. You vermin had a plan to pull down the Washington monument.

{
Professor Tweets How to Pull Down What Some Think Is the Washington Monument, Twitter Isn’t Bothered

}

You're not just waging war to destroy our government and our constitution, you are waging war to erase America from history.

• Funny
Reactions: cnm
I don't get it.
1) He’s a fake Christian and you embarrassingly believe he is one.

2) He pushed for heavy force to clear the way to the church.

3) He posed for the cameras like a fucking idiot with a book he’s never read more than a page of.
Are you appointed by Jesus to decide who is and who isn’t a Christian?
No I’m just telling you he is lying. That’s it. It’s that simple. He makes up fake Bible verses when asked lol

But you're a pathological liar, a Marxist, and an Atheist. It would be stupid to listen to you.
Funny, that’s a pretty accurate description of how I see you... sub Marxist with douche bag but the rest is spot on

Comrade traitor, if I were a pathological liar, I'd be you're best bud. You scumbag Stalinists love lying.

So fuckwad, what are these fake verses that you vermin are lying about? Oh, and I'm not an atheist, I don't have enough faith for that shit.
I haven’t lied about a thing. I’d challenge you to quote me and show where I lied but I know you wont do it. I on the other hand will back up my claims and point to the easy and obviously lies you just told by calling me a Stalinist and a liar. Neither of which is true and neither of which you can prove.

it’s too easy to own you. Thank you thank you. I do accept tips.

I'd say the same to you, fuckwad. Show where I have lied? Ever?

Still, where are these fake verses from Trump that you jumped in on? Isn't that a lie? Aren't you bearing false witness because you have such hatred that you seek to damage the president regardless of all else?
I literally just showed two of your lies. Try and keep up sonnyboy.

I don’t know anything about verses. I Haven’t said anything about them.

You literally did not, fucking liar. Every indication is you are a Stalinist. Nothing on this forum disputes that you are Marxist totalitarian dedicated to the utter and complete destruction of basic human dignity and civil liberties.

You're an evil pile of shit, you know it, I know it, the board knows it.
Oops you just lied again. All you have to do is scroll up and see where I literally pointed out two of your lies 1. You called me a liar (post one of my lies to prove me wrong, you can’t) 2. You called me a Stalinist. Not true

your on a roll. Got any more lies you wanna fling out there. They are very easy to point out

Whoops, you're lying again. You slandered me, that isn't showing any lies.

Hey, you're a fucking evil pile of shit, a pathological liar - a democrat.
Don’t get mad because I’m owning you. I’d think you’d be used to it by now. I did call you a douche bag, thats my opinion as I had stated. You still have failed to call out anything I’ve lied about, while I’ve called out three of yours in this conversation alone.

Slade 3 - Douchebag 0

Oh, izatrite? :lmao:

And tell me sploogy, just exactly how you are "pwning" me?

You're a moron utterly devoid of fact and without a shred of integrity, but hey - Orange Man Bad, amirite?
Well I’m calling out specific lie after lie and you respond with empty insults that you can’t back up. That’s you getting owned.

More lies little vermin. You don't seem to grasp the meaning of basic words, such as "specific."

You really think vomiting out { I’d challenge you to quote me and show where I lied but I know you wont do it.} is listing a specific lie by me? Really? You are as stupid as you are dishonest.

Let's see if we can find common ground to communicate, something we agree on.

You're a fucking traitor waging civil war against the United States in an attempt to destroy the constitutional republic, individual rights, and establish a brutal Marxist totalitarian dictatorship.

Can we both agree that is a factual description?

Forum List

Back