🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Preventing the spread of Fake News and Misinformation

Yeah, I wear briefs and they contain my farts about as well as cloth masks contain covid

You are the one who is terrified--You stay home. I don't care who wears what. I don't hide from political hoaxes.
I have no reason to be afraid and no reason to stay home. I've been vaccinated wear a mask where required and use common sense in where I go.

We've all seen it on USMB and elsewhere, fake news and misinformation on just about every major topic of public interest, global warming, elections, covid-19, foreign policy, domestic policy, legislation, crime, etc..... When we see posts that are filled with false information that is contrary to, trusted news services, science, trusted leaders, and often just plain common sense, we feel obliged to prove the poster is wrong. Generally speaking this not the best way to stop the spread of misinformation. It actually increases it. It is exactly what the poster wants, an invitation to provide more misinformation in support of his augment. When we play this game with the poster we become part of the problem, not the solution.

Fake news is bad for democracy — and in a pandemic, it may be a matter of life or death.
The term "Fake News" is simply perspective, and has been weaponized, as has "misinformation".

We've seen truthful, verifiable data be labeled "misinformation" by the mainstream media because it doesn't fit their narrative, such as with COVID numbers.

Our media currently spews out false information and narratives daily. They put tons of weight on things they believe, and don't don't address things they don't. They try to sway public opinion, they aren't journalists, they're just people with an opinion.

I understand what you're saying and agreed with it most of my life.

I want to agree with it now but the lies are getting people killed. It's keeping a virus alive to mutate into new and more lethal variants. It's causing people to ingest chemicals that harm and in some cases, kill them.

I think there should be a limit to the ability of people to be able to lie through their teeth.

You mean like the LIE that HCQ, Zinc and Ivermectin aren't an effective treatment in the early stage. That kind of lying through their teeth. And what's sad it that LIE is still being perpetuated, even though it's been proven as effective as the vaccine for keeping people out of the hospital and they are a lot less expensive than the vaccine.

You can't stop them but you can reason with them. Most people do not want to spread false information and lies. One way social media could reduce the problem is require the identification of all users. Anonymous users are an invitation to false information.

I doubt that.

Humans are emotional people. Most humans follow emotional lines. You can reason with emotion.

Just take a look at 90% of the crap on this site, people actually interested enough about politics to come on here, and most of it is just emotions.

"I like Trump so [emotion crap about Trump]" or "I hate Trump so [emotional crap about Trump"..... how many people on here can actually be bothered with reality?

I believe the best form of censorship is individual censorship; that is shutting one's eyes and ears to what one believes is false. Another form of censorship that I believe is right and proper is agreed upon censorship such as in a moderated discussion forum.
Allow me to summarize. You believe anyone who criticizes the vaccines should be censored. Do you work for Google or the NSA or Big Pharma?

We’re told to believe people who are making enormous profits off the vaccines and ignore critics of vaccines, yet the critics have no profit motive and face certain ruin by the establishment, you lovingly support.

Somehow the above fails to penetrate your brain cells.

Masking and Social Distancing are preventive measures that have been used in epidemics for centuries. It is basically common sense. putting distance between you and other who may be carrying an airborne virus and putting a barrier (a mask) between you and others. It's not rocket science. It's just common sense. If you can't do that, stay home which is even better. The greatest value of vaccinations is that allows society to operate normally.
You are wrong....Have Pox Parties where everyone gets it, is the way it was to stop an epidemic. Yeah, everyone got sick, but within 2 weeks the herd immunity kicked in, and then everyone was over it, and back to normalcy. We couldnt do that, because then the Democrats wouldnt of been able to steal the 2020 election...

I doubt that.

Humans are emotional people. Most humans follow emotional lines. You can reason with emotion.

Just take a look at 90% of the crap on this site, people actually interested enough about politics to come on here, and most of it is just emotions.

"I like Trump so [emotion crap about Trump]" or "I hate Trump so [emotional crap about Trump"..... how many people on here can actually be bothered with reality?
The worst thing that happened with the advent of hundreds of TV stations and social media is that it became political and most of it slanted that way. Perhaps when talk radio had a political slant that was more to the right of center it caused the Progs who controlled much of the entertainment in movies and TV, broadcasting, newspapers, magazines in all ways in that nation to diversify in that manner. Anything we see as so called conservative is nothing but a pressure relief valve allowed by our masters.

We've all seen it on USMB and elsewhere, fake news and misinformation on just about every major topic of public interest, global warming, elections, covid-19, foreign policy, domestic policy, legislation, crime, etc..... When we see posts that are filled with false information that is contrary to, trusted news services, science, trusted leaders, and often just plain common sense, we feel obliged to prove the poster is wrong. Generally speaking this not the best way to stop the spread of misinformation. It actually increases it. It is exactly what the poster wants, an invitation to provide more misinformation in support of his augment. When we play this game with the poster we become part of the problem, not the solution.

Fake news is bad for democracy — and in a pandemic, it may be a matter of life or death.
Define trusted news services, science, trusted leaders,?
Yor definition might bewat differen than mine so who will chose?

The worst thing that happened with the advent of hundreds of TV stations and social media is that it became political and most of it slanted that way. Perhaps when talk radio had a political slant that was more to the right of center it caused the Progs who controlled much of the entertainment in movies and TV, broadcasting, newspapers, magazines in all ways in that nation to diversify in that manner. Anything we see as so called conservative is nothing but a pressure relief valve allowed by our masters.

Because people enjoy politics, especially when it's full of drama. People want instant entertainment and politics is providing it for them.

Look at Trump. He's literally the perfect president for this modern world, loud, brash and doesn't care about reality.

Because people enjoy politics, especially when it's full of drama. People want instant entertainment and politics is providing it for them.

Look at Trump. He's literally the perfect president for this modern world, loud, brash and doesn't care about reality.
To me it was never about his personality. Many people did not or do not like it. It was his agendas. His agendas were of a populist nature. Most of the lifetime politicians on both sides over the last 20 years and more have backed what he promoted. This was not going to destroy the Progs. But you Progs will not like the endgame when it arrives here by your views.

To me it was never about his personality. Many people did not or do not like it. It was his agendas. His agendas were of a populist nature. Most of the lifetime politicians on both sides over the last 20 years and more have backed what he promoted. This was not going to destroy the Progs. But you Progs will not like the endgame when it arrives here by your views.

Because he went onto the internet, found out what people liked, and he parroted that. He entertained them, he understood them.

Israel, the most vaccinated country, cannot seem to control the virus and says it's gonna run with a 4th vaccine. lolol.

“This is our life from now on, in waves,” Zarka said.

Israel, a world leader in the vaccination against the virus, is nevertheless struggling to contain the fourth wave of morbidity in the country, driven by the delta variant."

And green passes will be required in order to participate in the market. Green passes that expire in synergy with your booster, btw. Ahem...

The people who created this virus should be subjected to Nuremberg trials.

Rand Paul - “You take an animal virus and you increase its transmissibility to humans, and you’re saying that’s not gain-of-function?” :26:

Anthony Fauci - “That is correct, and Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially”:yapyapyapf:

Last edited:
Because he went onto the internet, found out what people liked, and he parroted that. He entertained them, he understood them.
What you may believe is change that is permanent will not endure. Everything is based on pure comforts for all. And that does not exist. The world is becoming more militaristic. The West is still in its total inclusion mode that has to hire a direct percentage of any ethnic, cultural, racial, gender and new genders era. Even though we have peaked out along time ago. Trump actually picked up a lot of his agendas from a conservative radio host who was very logical even though he self promoted himself..

Israel, the most vaccinated country, cannot seem to control the virus and says it's gonna run with a 4th vaccine. lolol.

“This is our life from now on, in waves,” Zarka said.

Israel, a world leader in the vaccination against the virus, is nevertheless struggling to contain the fourth wave of morbidity in the country, driven by the delta variant."

And green passes will be required in order to participate in the market. Green passes that expire in synergy with your booster, btw. Ahem...

The people who created this virus should be subjected to Nuremberg trials.

Rand Paul - “You take an animal virus and you increase its transmissibility to humans, and you’re saying that’s not gain-of-function?” :26:

Anthony Fauci - “That is correct, and Senator Paul, you do not know what you are talking about, quite frankly, and I want to say that officially”:yapyapyapf:
I wonder, have any of the corporate media outlets reported on the failure of the vaccines to protect Israelis? I’ll have to look into that.

I wonder, have any of the corporate media outlets reported on the failure of the vaccines to protect Israelis? I’ll have to look into that.
Jeopardy1000.jpg

These sources are not the same for everyone. What you believe to be true, may not be what someone else to believes to be true. Absent concrete proof, who is to say what source should be trusted. The trouble is no one is providing proof anymore, from the WHO, CDC, governments and media--NOTHING can be trusted. Everything is fake news, including your assertion.

And that is by design...Think about it...Recently the Media Research Center (MRC) in one of its articles was deemed "false" by Politifact...Problem is that MRC was using direct numbers from the CDC....

None of the so called News we get is true anymore....

Forum List

Back