Private Miami school refuses to employ anyone who has been vaccinated for COVID

This is what happens when educators listen to misinformation on FOX news. Idiots like Hannity and Carlson spread lies on a daily basis.

Apparently, the school wants to get sued.
Sued for what?

This is what happens when educators listen to misinformation on FOX news. Idiots like Hannity and Carlson spread lies on a daily basis.

Sued for what?

Several things.

For one thing, if someone catches the virus in the school from being in close quarters with teachers, staff, and students. the person (a teacher perhaps) could argue that his/her life was in jeopardy due to school policy.

Secondly, I don't think a business or a school can legally prohibit vaccinations for their employees when it's the stated goal of the gov't to get people vaccinated to end the pandemic.

Sued for what?

Several things.

For one thing, if someone catches the virus in the school from being in close quarters with teachers, staff, and students. the person (a teacher perhaps) could argue that his/her life was in jeopardy due to school policy.

Secondly, I don't think a business or a school can legally prohibit vaccinations for their employees when it's the stated goal of the gov't to get people vaccinated to end the pandemic.
Can an Employer Not Let You Work if You Have a Prescription for Xanax? (chron.com)

The school follows bad science, but that is the directors' right.
It’s bad science to not want to subject yourself to an experimental vaccination made by a globalist corporation that has already been fined millions of dollars for ethics violations? Especially if you are young and healthy and have nothing to fear from WuFlu?

Huh.
But that is not so, my friend. Huh.
So did you let a multinational corporation inject their juice into your body?

Of course you did, because you’re a good little sheep.

The school follows bad science, but that is the directors' right.
It’s bad science to not want to subject yourself to an experimental vaccination made by a globalist corporation that has already been fined millions of dollars for ethics violations? Especially if you are young and healthy and have nothing to fear from WuFlu?

Huh.
But that is not so, my friend. Huh.
So did you let a multinational corporation inject their juice into your body?

Of course you did, because you’re a good little sheep.

If he did, he's smart. If you didn't, you're stupid.

As for me, I got my vaccination as soon as I could.

You see, I'm old enough to remember the fear surrounding small pox and polio. They were invisible enemies that could kill you or cripple you or the people you loved. People were so glad to get their vaccinations back then so they could live relatively free from fear from that point onward.

Here's my view, and I mean exactly what I'm about to say. If conservatives didn't want the vaccination, and the end result was that only they could get sick and die, I wouldn't give a tinker's damn if they ended up dying by the hundreds of thousands. I would never shed a metaphoric tear for even one of them. Unfortunately, people who are intentionally unvaccinated can catch the virus and pass it on to people who are still waiting for their chance at getting their shots. That's unacceptable to me and a whole hell of a lot of other people. In other words, if you want to play Russian roulette with your own life, go for it, but you don't have the right to point the damn gun at someone else's head and pull the trigger.

Last edited:
I think it's pretty clear that you can't be fired for refusing the vaccination.

But a state could not allow children enrolled in public schools and colleges without proof of vaccination. Some private schools require it too. That's how we elminating small pox and polio, and nearly did so with MMR. And you really don't want mumps as an adult to say nothing as while a child.

Sued for what?

Several things.

That makes sense.

Why not? What law forbids it?

Sued for what?

Several things.

That makes sense.

I don't think any employer can penalize you for getting a vaccination which might very well save your life or prevent an expensive hospitalization.

Sued for what?

Several things.

That makes sense.

I don't think any employer can penalize you for getting a vaccination which might very well save your life or prevent an expensive hospitalization.

I know of no law that would prohibit it. Vaccination status isn't a protected class.

How is that clear?
Your employer can require you get a COVID-19 vaccine: Here's what to know - CNET

But while that may seem to some draconian even with the exceptions, mandating people in a work place be vaccinated is not the same as mandating people in a work place NOT be vaccinated. And an employer may not discriminate against a person who uses a generally approved medicine that does not have unusual side effects

Sued for what?

Several things.

That makes sense.

I know of no law that would prohibit it. Vaccination status isn't a protected class.
Can You Be Denied Employment Based on Prescribed Medication? (bizfluent.com)

How is that clear?
Your employer can require you get a COVID-19 vaccine: Here's what to know - CNET

That's what I thought. You CAN be fired for refusing the vaccination.

But while that may seem to some draconian even with the exceptions, mandating people in a work place be vaccinated is not the same as mandating people in a work place NOT be vaccinated. And an employer may not discriminate against a person who uses a generally approved medicine that does not have unusual side effects

I don't think that's established in the case of vaccines. Regardless, its dumb, and hypocritical. If a company can fire you for NOT getting a vaccine, why not the reverse?

I think a lot of people think that discrimination laws amount to a general requirement that you can't be discriminated against unless it's for a "good reason" (according to the state). That's not how these laws works, and frankly it's a bizarre expectation.

How is that clear?

That's what I thought. You CAN be fired for refusing the vaccination.

I don't think that's established in the case of vaccines. Regardless, its dumb, and hypocritical. If a company can fire you for NOT getting a vaccine, why not the reverse?

I think a lot of people think that discrimination laws amount to a general requirement that you can't be discriminated against unless it's for a "good reason" (according to the state). That's not how these laws works, and frankly it's a bizarre expectation.
A person can be fired if they don't have a good reason. I think the "good reason" reasoning comes from the 1905 Supreme Court case approving of a state mandate to get vaccinated for small pox. Jacobson v. Massachusetts :: 197 U.S. 11 (1905) :: Justia US Supreme Court Center

Of course it's discrimination. It might not fall under the "protected classes" horseshit, but I'm not really interested in the legal status. The fact remains, it IS discrimination against people who aren't vaccinated. Denying that is just silly.
Call it what you want. The bottom line is that it is reasonable and appropriate to protect yourself and your place of business from those who might spread disease.
Those morons are trying to penalise people for taking a step to protect their health and the health of those around them. The anti vaxers are quick to wimper about "my body, my choice" but have no problem trying to dictate to others what they can and cannot do with their bodies
The question remains. If companies are allowed discriminate against people who aren't vaccinated, should they also be allowed discriminate against people who are? That's the point this school is trying to make. It's the question they're raising. What's your answer?
The answer is no for the reasons that I stated. It's a false equivalency logical fallacy

So, you think it should be illegal? Or do you think it IS illegal? I don't know of any laws that currently prohibit it. Do you?

And where did you come up with this "reasonable and appropriate" stipulation?
I did not address the legality of it here as that would be a moot point in a private school. My point is that it is wrong, irrational, and stupid.

Last edited:

can you provide any statement from Hamburg and Carlson spreading this sort of misinformation? if not your post is fake news

We do know Harris during the campaign repeatedly spread distrust about the vaccine...this could simply be from that
Sean Hannity Questions If Any Science Involved In Vaccination, Rips Fauci (yahoo.com)
do your homework and make the choice for yourself? he took it

where did he say anything the school is doing?

I did not address the legality of it herer. My point is that it is wrong and stupid.

Sure. I agree. But that's a subjective evaluation. The question posed by the school's publicity stunt is whether that kind of discrimination should be allowed. I think it should. But it's hypocritical, and not legally consistent, to have it one way. ie if they can discriminate against people who don't have a vaccine, they should be allowed to discriminate against those who do.

But it's hypocritical, and not legally consistent, to have it one way. ie if they can discriminate against people who don't have a vaccine, they should be allowed to discriminate against those who do.
Nonsense.

...it's not hard to get a teaching job....

When was the last time you got one?

There's a nationwide shortage of teachers. If you are one, you can now get a job in practically any district across the country.
You didn't answer my question.

I'm not a teacher.
My point is, if you are a teacher, it's not hard to get a job these days, there are openings virtually everywhere. Why work for someone who's a fucking idiot, when you have so many choices?
It's not that simple. If you are thinking about moving to a new location with a distinctly different culture, you have to consider the prospect of picking up your family and relocating pretty far away. Even if you are thinking about trying to move to the next district over, you face the prospect of establishing your seniority from scratch all over again. Also, you may be involved in a number of aspects of the local community that you have to consider severing ties with as part of such a move. Consider if your spouse has a job in the local area. Consider uprooting your kids from their friends and a local community that is part of their childhood. None of which are deal-breakers on their own, but things to be considered as opposed to trying to affect the culture of your current location in various ways.

Ok, fair enough.

Forum List

Back