Pro abortion and Nazism

PS..you don't save a species by killing it off. In case you didn't know. To preserve a species with a high mortality rate you need a HIGHER birth rate, not a lower one.

So the whole Nazi concept of "death to preserve life" is no more viable today than it was when the deathcamp docs were spouting it.

No, what you need is a sustainable environment.

The real problem is that we've already messed with the system. Any species that sustains itself does so because it maintains a steady repelacement rate, not an expanding one.

For most of human history, when the life span was only about 40 years and infant mortality was north of 50%, this wasn't an issue. The human species spread across the planet but largely had sustainable numbers.

Then we invented agriculture and medicine and vastly increased our numbers to the point where they aren't sustainable in the long run.

There are regions that are deserts today that were once thriving agricultural centers. But they were stripped bare by farming. Given enough time, even with improvements in agriculture, the whole world is going to look like that, but not before we've wiped out every forest and jungle and swamp trying to maximize foodproduction to feed 7 billion hungry mouths.

Prior to agriculture mortality was expected to be around age 21-25 for humans. It remained close to that number for thousands of years until scientific application in medicine.

Just friendly fact correction. :D

I'm sure you mean that the lifespan is theorized to be around 21-25 for humans, prior to agriculture.

But we really don't know much about that period. In fact, close to nothing.

Yeah, you point me to the vast quantities of human fossils we have that predate AGRICULTURE.

I'll wait.

Pro abortion and Nazism

This is clearly an example of ignorance and demagoguery, to compare the Constitutional right to privacy with Nazism.

Abortion was practiced in the Nazi regime as sanctioned state policy, which is not the case in the United States, where abortion is determined a private matter unsuitable for state interference per the right to privacy.

Those opposed to abortion would better serve their cause by seeking solutions in the venue of medical science as opposed to law and public policy, as they are comprehensively ignorant of the latter.

I'm sure you mean that the lifespan is theorized to be around 21-25 for humans, prior to agriculture.

We know quite a bit, including their diet, interaction with animals, general psychology, infant mortality rate, etc.

Hunter-gatherer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lol.

Do you get all of your information from wiki?

And I see no evidence of their lifespan. I see an article that says "we know this" and "we know that" with almost zero evidence referenced.

Pro abortion and Nazism

This is clearly an example of ignorance and demagoguery, to compare the Constitutional right to privacy with Nazism.

Abortion was practiced in the Nazi regime as sanctioned state policy, which is not the case in the United States, where abortion is determined a private matter unsuitable for state interference per the right to privacy.

Those opposed to abortion would better serve their cause by seeking solutions in the venue of medical science as opposed to law and public policy, as they are comprehensively ignorant of the latter.

Please point out where in the Constitution abortion is mentioned.

Whack job.

PS, I see nothing that makes an estimate of lifespan.

So tell me, is it your MO just to spout nonsense and try to pass it off as "science" or is this a special occasion?

We know quite a bit, including their diet, interaction with animals, general psychology, infant mortality rate, etc.

Hunter-gatherer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lol.

Do you get all of your information from wiki?

And I see no evidence of their lifespan. I see an article that says "we know this" and "we know that" with almost zero evidence referenced.

Do you get all your information out of your own internal reality?

Here ya go Kosher.

^ Marlowe, F. W. (2005). "Hunter-gatherers and human evolution". Evolutionary Anthropology: Issues, News, and Reviews 14 (2): 54–67. doi:10.1002/evan.20046. edit
^ The Last Rain Forests: A World Conservation Atlas by David Attenborough, Mark Collins
^ Fagan, B: People of the Earth, pages 169-181. Scott, Foresman, 1989.
^ Diamond, Jared. (1998). Guns, Germs and Steel. London: Vintage. ISBN 0-09-930278-0.
^ "Atlas of the Human Journey-The Genographic Project". National Geographic Society.. 1996-2008. Retrieved 2009-10-06.
^ "The peopling of the Americas: Genetic ancestry influences health". Scientific American. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
^ "Alternate Migration Corridors for Early Man in North America". American Antiquity, Vol. 44, No. 1 (Jan., 1979), p2. JSTOR 279189.
^ ""Mitochondrial DNA Studies of Native Americans: Conceptions and Misconceptions of the Population Prehistory of the Americas", Evolutionary Anthropology" (pdf). University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. 2003. p. 12:7–18. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
^ Jacobs, James Q. (2001). "The Paleoamericans: Issues and Evidence Relating to the Peopling of the New World". Anthropology and Archaeology Pages. jqjacobs.net. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
^ Broster, John (2002). "Paleoindians in Tennessee". Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation. Tennessee Historical Society. Online Edition provided by:The University of Tennessee Press. Retrieved 2009-11-21.
^ "Blame North America Megafauna Extinction On Climate Change, Not Human Ancestors". ScienceDaily. 2001. Retrieved 2010-04-10.
^ Fiedel, Stuart J (1992) (Digitised online by Google books). Prehistory of the Americas. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521425445. Retrieved 2009-11-18.
^ Stuart B. Schwartz, Frank Salomon (1999-12-28) (Digitised online by Google books). The Cambridge History of the Native Peoples of the Americas. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 9780521630757. Retrieved 2009-11-17.
^ African Bushmen Tour U.S. to Fund Fight for Land
^ a b John Gowdy (1998). Limited Wants, Unlimited Means: A reader on Hunter-Gatherer Economics and the Environment. St Louis: Island Press. pp. 342. ISBN 155963555X.
^ a b Dahlberg, Frances. (1975). Woman the Gatherer. London: Yale university press. ISBN 0-30-02989-6.
^ Erdal, D. & Whiten, A. (1996) "Egalitarianism and Machiavellian Intelligence in Human Evolution" in Mellars, P. & Gibson, K. (eds) Modelling the Early Human Mind. Cambridge MacDonald Monograph Series
^ a b c Thomas M. Kiefer (Spring 2002). "Anthropology E-20". Lecture 8 Subsistence, Ecology and Food production. Harvard University. Retrieved 2008-03-11.
^ Biesele, Megan; Barclay, Steve (March 2001). "Ju/'Hoan Women's Tracking Knowledge And Its Contribution To Their Husbands' Hunting Success". African Study Monographs Suppl.26: 67–84
^ Stefan Lovgren. "Sex-Based Roles Gave Modern Humans an Edge, Study Says". National Geographic News. Retrieved 2008-02-03.
^ Sahlins, M. (1968). "Notes on the Original Affluent Society", Man the Hunter. R.B. Lee and I. DeVore (New York: Aldine Publishing Company) pp. 85-89. ISBN 020233032X
^ Kelly, Robert L. (1995). The Foraging Spectrum: Diversity in Hunter-Gatherer Life ways. Washington: Smithsonian Institution. ISBN 1-56098-465-1.
^ Portera, Claire C.; Marlowe, Frank W. (January 2007). "How marginal are forager habitats?" (PDF). Journal of Archaeological Science 34 (1): 59–68. doi:10.1016/j.jas.2006.03.014.
^ Lee, Richard B. & Daly, Richard, eds., ed (1999). The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Hunters and Gatherers. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-60919-4.
^ Kelly, Raymond (October 2005). "The evolution of lethal intergroup violence". PNAS 102 (43): 15294–15298. doi:10.1073/pnas.0505955102. PMC 1266108. PMID 16129826.
^ Wilmsen, Edwin (1989). Land Filled With Flies: A Political Economy of the Kalahari. University Of Chicago Press. ISBN 0-226-90015-0.
^ Lee, Richard B.; Guenther, Mathias (1995). "Errors Corrected or Compounded? A Reply to Wilmsen". Current Anthropology (36): 298–305.
^ Lee, Richard B. (1992). "Art, Science, or Politics? The Crisis in Hunter-Gatherer Studies". American Anthropologist (94): 31–54.
^ Nicolas Peterson; John Taylor (1998). "Demographic transition in a hunter-gatherer population: the Tiwi case, 1929-1996". Australian Aboriginal Studies (Australian Institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies) 1998.
[edit]Further reading

Barnard, A. J., ed. (2004). Hunter-gatherers in history, archaeology and anthropology. Berg. ISBN 1-85973-825-7.
Bettinger, R. L. (1991). Hunter-gatherers: archaeological and evolutionary theory. Plenum Press. ISBN 0-306-43650-7.
Brody, Hugh (2001). The Other Side Of Eden: hunter-gatherers, farmers and the shaping of the world. North Point Press. ISBN 0-571-20502-X.
Lee, Richard B. and Irven DeVore, eds. (1968). Man the hunter. Aldine de Gruyter. ISBN 0-202-33032-X.
Meltzer, David J (2009). First peoples in a new world: colonizing ice age America. University of California, Berkeley. ISBN 0-5202-5052-4.
Morrison, K. D. and L. L. Junker, eds. (2002). Forager-traders in South and Southeast Asia: long term histories. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-01636-3.
Panter-Brick, C., R. H. Layton and P. Rowley-Conwy, eds. (2001). Hunter-gatherers: an interdisciplinary perspective. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 0-521-77672-4.
Turnbull, Colin (1987). The Forest People. Touchstone. ISBN 978-0671640996.
[edit]External links

Nature's Secret Larder - Wild Foods & Hunting Tools.
A wiki dedicated to the scientific study of the diversity of foraging societies without recreating myths
Balmer, Yves (2003–2009). "Ethnological videos clips. Living or recently extinct traditional tribal groups and their origins". Andaman Association.

There are some sources, as per the article.

Your sources for your stance on this are...?

I've given up trying to interject reason into this discussion, I'm just trying to figure out where all these conclusions based on misinformation are coming from.

Last edited:
Poor Neo. Sadness for the reactionary wack. Pwnd earlier by me. Pwnd by JoeB (JoeB! of all people!!) Supported by koshergirl!!!

The far right wacks so amuse me. :lol:

I'll drink to most of that.

I disagree that Sanger was the monster you guys try to make her out to be. Or really trying to tie her into the abortion thing, because she didn't advocate abortion, she advocated contraception, which today, everyone accepts as a sensible practice.

Fair enough
we agree to disagree

But I do hold you responsible for getting Jake so excited about
your oneupmanship on me with the photo

Now he is going to be sending me email all day
and posting on my wall
(it is tough having such a "devoted" flunky)

I just hope he didn't ruin a good pair of pants
:eusa_angel:

i feel kind of bad for him. I don't think the man has any friends. I'm close to putting him on ignore so I don't have to read his drivel.

I find Jake sort of amusing
though his constant stalking, emailing and spamming of me is kind
of bizarre.

To be fair, some of his ideas are so extreme, it must go with the "territory"

Last edited:

well, hon, perhaps people who try to show there's some "link" between naziism and reproductive choice don't know much, but scientists do. and there's a lot of very good information available.

the only problem is you have to be willing to avail yourself of it.

PS, I see nothing that makes an estimate of lifespan.

So tell me, is it your MO just to spout nonsense and try to pass it off as "science" or is this a special occasion?

Your statement was that there were few ancient humans. (and, yes, I count species other than Homo Sapiens. I've discovered this new species called Homo Funditardus" It justifies its hate using crappy old books of bullshit.) That article shows that there are plenty.

We know a lot about ancient man, including that he didn't have a long lifespan.

Forum List

Back