Pro abortionists chant "Hail satan" in response to pro lifer singing Amazing Grace

According to you, which means jack squat.

So an argument based on "because I think so based on my own ideas" is different than an argument based on "Because I think so based on a religion"?

what you're asking people to do when you rely on your god to make your argument is believe in that deity as you do. if they don't believe in the same higher power, or in that deity in the same ways, you won't be able to make your argument.

however, science, logic, evidence, real tangible things, these are things you can argue.

but again, if your argument rests on how an unspeaking invisible deity that may or may not exist may or may not feel on a subject then your argument is inherently weak.

Logic, science and evidence all tell you that a fetus is a living thing. That argument doesn't convince murderers either.

logically though you would never prosecute a woman for unintentionally miscarrying. that said, why should intentionally miscarrying be cause for contention?

but again, if you want to base an argument on logic and science that's fine, i don't have any issues with that at all. don't expect everyone to weigh those factors equally, but that is at least something that can be argued

Actually it makes the people hurt by it look small. They know what is going to get them all butthurt, then it worked. Then Avatar picked up the butthurt baton

If one of the main goals in life for people is to make others upset via thier actions, I propose those people are sad little shits, who need to get a life.

Unfortunately, that is exactly who many of these leftists are... sad, petty, miserable people who get their rocks off hurting others.
May God have mercy on their troubled souls.

Ergo the thread OP......:eusa_whistle:

This issue may set a record for the number of strawmen created.
It's about women who want to have sex but don't want babies. They have choices galore--they just make the wrong ones and want a free ticket out of pregnancy.

They would need to sacrifice a live chicken to really get to the feather ruffling (literally) level.

Still things like this don't exactly make the protesters look good.

Maybe they will get thier salaries docked due to it.

Actually it makes the people hurt by it look small. They know what is going to get them all butthurt, then it worked. Then Avatar picked up the butthurt baton

If one of the main goals in life for people is to make others upset via thier actions, I propose those people are sad little shits, who need to get a life.

True, but so are the people that are so easily upset

it shouldn't. if you can't make your argument without reliance on an invisible deity you can't make your argument.

So an argument based on "because I think so based on my own ideas" is different than an argument based on "Because I think so based on a religion"?

what you're asking people to do when you rely on your god to make your argument is believe in that deity as you do. if they don't believe in the same higher power, or in that deity in the same ways, you won't be able to make your argument.

however, science, logic, evidence, real tangible things, these are things you can argue.

but again, if your argument rests on how an unspeaking invisible deity that may or may not exist may or may not feel on a subject then your argument is inherently weak.

Again, according to you. People may get the basis for a given belief from religion, but it still thier moral compass that takes that beleif and makes it thiers.

By your logic the prohibition of murder based on the commandments and a prohibition on murder based on the logic that murder hurts society are either valid or invalid based on the source of said belief.

Silly if you ask me.

I'm assuming somone chanting "Hail AIDS" at an event that has something to do with gay rights would upset some people, people from your side of the aisle.

Again, according to you. People may get the basis for a given belief from religion, but it still thier moral compass that takes that beleif and makes it thiers.

By your logic the prohibition of murder based on the commandments and a prohibition on murder based on the logic that murder hurts society are either valid or invalid based on the source of said belief.

Silly if you ask me.

what i'm saying is if you want to convince others your personal religious beliefs are unimportant - in the sense that if they aren't shared by your opponents they have absolutely no weight.

Silly if you ask me.

what i'm saying is if you want to convince others your personal religious beliefs are unimportant - in the sense that if they aren't shared by your opponents they have absolutely no weight.

And from what authoritative source does the pro choice belief come from ?

Silly if you ask me.

Uhm, you do realize that a lot of our laws are deeply rooted in religion, right? I know you probably find this uncomfortable, but still, it is what it is.

Silly if you ask me.

And from what authoritative source does the pro choice belief come from ?

Hedonism.

I'm assuming somone chanting "Hail AIDS" at an event that has something to do with gay rights would upset some people, people from your side of the aisle.

and they too would be in need of a life...stop being pussies

Silly if you ask me.

Uhm, you do realize that a lot of our laws are deeply rooted in religion, right? I know you probably find this uncomfortable, but still, it is what it is.

And where are abortionists beliefs rooted ? We want sex with no bad unintended consequences.

Silly if you ask me.

What makes a moral position from a religous belief different from one from a non religous beleif?

The end result is the same. People oppose the death penalty on religous grounds and also on grounds of not trusting the state. The source of said belief is inconsequential to the end result of the person opposing the death penalty.

What is different is you have a bias against people who base thier moral and political positions on religous tenets. The issue isnt with them, its with you.

What has happened is the medical science has advanced to the point where those who used to rely on religion were proven right all along. Religion is no longer necessary to make the point that late term abortion is child-murder. We know that it is.

And where are abortionists beliefs rooted ? We want sex with no bad unintended consequences.

See post #31

Forum List

Back