Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

And who is stopping any of those people from making more money if they want to?
That makes plenty of sense, but I'm afraid that ship has sailed.

Look at where we are now: All success is suspect and attacked. Crowds cheer when a President (shockingly) tells business owners, "you didn't build that, somebody ELSE made that happen". We're awarding "participation medals" just for showing up. We hire people based on skin color instead of qualifications. We have kids graduating from high school who can barely communicate in the English language.

Our culture has decayed to the point where seeing a person literally shit on television is considered entertainment. We spend as much time worrying about "self esteem" as accomplishment: Confident Idiots American Students Growing More Confident Less Capable

We have created an underclass of essentially helpless people who not only have their hand out, they're expecting it.

It is what it is. We have failed them. Now we either force businesses to bite the bullet without cause or we put these people on the government dole, making a terrible situation even worse. At least they'd be working.

Ha ha! You think you're winning because there are more protests? Dumbass, it isn't going to happen. It's a stupid idea that any first year economics student could tell you won't do what you want it to.

Jesus you people are really fucking stupid.

It's April ... time for the Occupy Movements to break out the tents.

Compared to wages adjusted for inflation, or what they are in Europe, $15/hour is a gift.

Adjusted for inflation of what? Since when?

"The minimum wage should have reached $21.72 an hour in 2012 if it kept up with increases in worker productivity, according to a March study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research. While advancements in technology have increased the amount of goods and services that can be produced in a set amount of time, wages have remained relatively flat, the study points out.

Even if the minimum wage kept up with inflation since it peaked in real value in the late 1960s, low-wage workers should be earning a minimum of $10.52 an hour, according to the study."
Minimum Wage Would Be 21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity Study

Are those on fixed retirement incomes and/or Social Security going to get a raise to cover the increases cost of goods and services as well?

So what you are saying is that this is yet another half baked idiot liberal idea they haven't thought through?
Nothing would rise in price....still haven't gotten an answer that if high wages equals high prices for products how come with CEO's making MILLIONS prices are still fairly low? Hmmm aka Just another republican excuse/lie to try and derail human rights.

Ha ha! You think you're winning because there are more protests? Dumbass, it isn't going to happen. It's a stupid idea that any first year economics student could tell you won't do what you want it to.

Jesus you people are really fucking stupid.
We are winning because A LOT of major companies are raising wages to try and head this off...won't work.

Compared to wages adjusted for inflation, or what they are in Europe, $15/hour is a gift.

"The minimum wage should have reached $21.72 an hour in 2012 if it kept up with increases in worker productivity, according to a March study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research. While advancements in technology have increased the amount of goods and services that can be produced in a set amount of time, wages have remained relatively flat, the study points out.

Even if the minimum wage kept up with inflation since it peaked in real value in the late 1960s, low-wage workers should be earning a minimum of $10.52 an hour, according to the study."
Minimum Wage Would Be 21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity Study

Are those on fixed retirement incomes and/or Social Security going to get a raise to cover the increases cost of goods and services as well?

So what you are saying is that this is yet another half baked idiot liberal idea they haven't thought through?
Nothing would rise in price....still haven't gotten an answer that if high wages equals high prices for products how come with CEO's making MILLIONS prices are still fairly low? Hmmm aka Just another republican excuse/lie to try and derail human rights.

I have hated liberals for a while, now I see why they are idiots. ^^^

Odium

So you want a bite of that $72K? How long did it take the company to make that money for the Waltons? Damn near 50 years?

And how long have you been at Wally-World?

Do you see the error in your math yet? You aren't only wanting the company to give you all the profits from the present, you are trying to steal what others have earned for around 50 years before you came along.

Thank you for allowing me to expose you for the kind of thieving scum you are.

Class dismissed.

The six Waltons on Forbes' list of wealthiest Americans have a net worth of $144.7 billion.

That's NOT including This fiscal year three Waltons—Rob, Jim, and Alice (and the various entities that they control)—will receive an estimated $3.1 billion in Walmart dividends from their majority stake in the company.

Divide the 144 billion up between the 2 milllion wal mart workers that's 72k per person. Works for me! :) 6 scum "worth" what 2 million people could EASILY live off of. 6 scumbags who have stolen the labor of 2 million workers and who in my view are worthy of nothing more than a jail cell. :)

I have hated liberals for a while, now I see why they are idiots. ^^^
Ignore,Deflect,Call name. Still no answer to my question

Odium

So you want a bite of that $72K? How long did it take the company to make that money for the Waltons? Damn near 50 years?

And how long have you been at Wally-World?

Do you see the error in your math yet? You aren't only wanting the company to give you all the profits from the present, you are trying to steal what others have earned for around 50 years before you came along.

Thank you for allowing me to expose you for the kind of thieving scum you are.

Class dismissed.
LOL THEY didn't make shit! THEY were given that company when daddy died. Their underpaid workers MADE,SOLD,TRANSPORTED the goods therefore THEY should get the wages.

The answer is yes.

You can't be taken seriously if you think that when labor costs go up prices don't have to go up for a small business to keep the doors open..

Odium

I saved your test for you. Look at your answer again..

You want the employees that are there now to get everything the owners have made for the past 50 years. You want it all, and the family that built the company has nothing.

And you even want all the profits that the employees that came before you earned during that 50 years.

That makes you a thief.

And it means that you made an F on your test.

You can't be taken seriously if you think that when labor costs go up prices don't have to go up for a small business to keep the doors open..
Still no answer.

I don't consider myself evil or Scrooge-like, I just think it's best not to try and raise a family if the only job you're qualified to do is toss another basket of fries into the fryer. Call me simple. :neutral:
(BTW, if I were evil and/or Scrooge-like, I would have no compunction about saying it proudly :D)

Still no answer.

Gawd you are stupid holy shit.

Forum List

Back