Protests for $15-an-hour wages set to expand Wednesday

Ha ha! You think you're winning because there are more protests? Dumbass, it isn't going to happen. It's a stupid idea that any first year economics student could tell you won't do what you want it to.

Jesus you people are really fucking stupid.
We are winning because A LOT of major companies are raising wages to try and head this off...won't work.

How about a list of those companies? I call your bluff dude. I think that there is that one company and that's all you have.

Adjusted for inflation of what? Since when?

"The minimum wage should have reached $21.72 an hour in 2012 if it kept up with increases in worker productivity, according to a March study by the Center for Economic and Policy Research. While advancements in technology have increased the amount of goods and services that can be produced in a set amount of time, wages have remained relatively flat, the study points out.

Even if the minimum wage kept up with inflation since it peaked in real value in the late 1960s, low-wage workers should be earning a minimum of $10.52 an hour, according to the study."
Minimum Wage Would Be 21.72 If It Kept Pace With Increases In Productivity Study

Are those on fixed retirement incomes and/or Social Security going to get a raise to cover the increases cost of goods and services as well?

So what you are saying is that this is yet another half baked idiot liberal idea they haven't thought through?
Nothing would rise in price....still haven't gotten an answer that if high wages equals high prices for products how come with CEO's making MILLIONS prices are still fairly low? Hmmm aka Just another republican excuse/lie to try and derail human rights.

You probably already got the answer but ignored it.

Here it is again: In companies where the CEO makes millions, the employees usually make more than minimum wage already and the price of the product is already covering the current pay rate. If you doubled the salary of all it's employees, the price of the product would increase. The fact that you used this example shows me that you aren't capable of thinking on your own and heard this stupid talking point somewhere. It's a bad example, you lose moron.
McDonalds,Wal Mart.....I can go on and on...those places pay low and min wages....

Again if they can pay a CEO millions they can pay ALL workers a fraction of that and they still make a decent living.No matter how much you republicans fight this its coming.

Ha ha! You think you're winning because there are more protests? Dumbass, it isn't going to happen. It's a stupid idea that any first year economics student could tell you won't do what you want it to.

Jesus you people are really fucking stupid.
We are winning because A LOT of major companies are raising wages to try and head this off...won't work.

How about a list of those companies? I call your bluff dude. I think that there is that one company and that's all you have.
I posted them early in the thread pretty sure...I know
Wal Mart
McDonalds
TJ Maxx
Marshalls
Starbucks
IKEA
GAP Inc
COSTCO
IN-N-OUT-Burger
10 Companies That Aren t Waiting For Congress To Raise The Minimum Wage

This just in......

Wal-Mart suddenly closed 5 stores and laid off thousands of workers and no one knows why

But at least one of them was in an area where protesters had previously boycotted Walmart

Odium

Hey, dude....

You've already admitted you don't want a fraction. In the case of Wal-Mart, you want all of their profits for the last 50 years!

Profits other employees earned for the company.

Just go back and check your post I saved where you outlined your scheme.

Now take your little thieving ass on. You've already exposed your nasty little plan enough for everybody to see through it.

The six Waltons on Forbes' list of wealthiest Americans have a net worth of $144.7 billion.

That's NOT including This fiscal year three Waltons—Rob, Jim, and Alice (and the various entities that they control)—will receive an estimated $3.1 billion in Walmart dividends from their majority stake in the company.

Divide the 144 billion up between the 2 milllion wal mart workers that's 72k per person. Works for me! :) 6 scum "worth" what 2 million people could EASILY live off of. 6 scumbags who have stolen the labor of 2 million workers and who in my view are worthy of nothing more than a jail cell. :)

This just in......

Wal-Mart suddenly closed 5 stores and laid off thousands of workers and no one knows why

But at least one of them was in an area where protesters had previously boycotted Walmart
Plumbing issues...or maybe we have finally run the son of a bitches out of business and mom and pop stores can make a comeback.

Odium

Hey, dude....

You've already admitted you don't want a fraction. In the case of Wal-Mart, you want all of their profits for the last 50 years!

Now take your little thieving ass on. You've already exposed your nasty little plan enough for everybody to see through it.
Whines about me wanting all the profits but has no problem with Wal Mart taking 99% of the profits from workers. Irony.

They should just make it illegal to be poor. That's the core logic of minimum wage laws.

Odium,

So you admit this isn't about fair wages.

It's about ripping a company off for 50 years of profits!

Odium

Hey, dude....

Whines about me wanting all the profits but has no problem with Wal Mart taking 99% of the profits from workers. Irony.

Odium,

It WAS about fair wages and allowing workers to unionize. Now FOR ME its about revenge.For others I dunno.

Odium,

It WAS about fair wages and allowing workers to unionize. Now FOR ME its about revenge.For others I dunno.
Gee, it's too bad you couldn't cut it and Wal-Mart fired you.....

But thanks for exposing your motivation for stealing Wal-Mart's money.

Hey, Odium

Since I saved your posts where you can't delete them, do you mind if I send them to Wal-Mart's attorney, where he'll know how mad you are?

Odium,

Gee, it's too bad you couldn't cut it and Wal-Mart fired you.....

But thanks for exposing your motivation for stealing Wal-Mart's money.
You couldn't pay me enough to work at Wal Mart.
Hey, Odium

Since I saved your posts where you can't delete them, do you mind if I send them to Wal-Mart's attorney, where he'll know how mad you are?
Will you? AWESOME! FBI as well! LOL...dude I don't care...just makes my name bigger and helps bring more people into the fold against corporate greed and theft.

i realize everyone wants more money but don't they realize they can get the money then the company can cut their hours and hire more people and they will still be where they are now.

i realize everyone wants more money but don't they realize they can get the money then the company can cut their hours and hire more people and they will still be where they are now.
Actually, a lot of companies have already cut hours to get around Obamacare, so the idea isn't new.

Just think about the money companies could save by cutting people back to part-time and eliminating insurance, vacation time, and any other benefits.

Who knows? Giving companies an excuse to do that may be something they wouldn't object to so much.

Forum List

Back