Putting Black Kids In White Schools Solves Nothing

It gives Black kids much needed education on black accomplishments left out in general education.

Such as? Blacks invented the dunk shot.

Seriously, there should be no separate classes for blacks. If it's worth learning it's worth everybody learning. If you want to have a course only on black studies then it should be in college and it should be open to everyone.

In l950, American schools were among the best in the world. However, vocal elements within our society demanded that the public schools take on a social engineering role as well as an educational one. Violent disruptions of American education were ordered by the Supreme Court for the purpose of breaking down racial barriers. For 30 years, American schools have diverted enormous resources into forced integration, quotas, and bussing operations. (Few people realize how expensive bussing is. Annual cost may run into tens of billions of dollars. In l990 California alone was spending $500 million per year on integration. Many school districts spend a quarter or more of their budgets on transportation. In Milwaukee alone and in a single school year, 30,000 staff hours were diverted into calculating the race of students to attend the various schools.) The results? Today’s students rank at the very bottom worldwide in science and math, some 40% of American adults are functionally illiterate, and standardized test scores have declined steadily for both Whites and Blacks. Today the average White still scores 200 points higher on the combined SAT than the average Black. Americans spend more on education than any other country in the world and have the worst results. Massive White flight to escape racial zoning has reduced the tax base of every major American city. In l983, after nearly two generations of racial experimentation to promote equality, the research arm of the Dept. of Education could not produce a single study that showed Black children were learning appreciably better after desegregation.

No one wants to go to a school following GOP ideology. No serious person teaches the earth is only a few thousand years old.

No one wants to go to a school following GOP ideology. No serious person teaches the earth is only a few thousand years old.

Lefties believe the earth is only 134 years old. Their AGW agenda relies completely and draws it's conclusions about the current state, past and future of the planet based on info that only goes back to 1880.

It gives Black kids much needed education on black accomplishments left out in general education.

I never heard Little Walter mentioned even once when I was in high school. In fact, I have to educate most of my black musician friends on blues music. Under sixty and it's no part of their segregated culture.

Whats important about Little Walter?

Without him and his musical scene you have no Beatles, Rolling Stones and most contemporary American music.

What they ought to do is bus white kids into the black schools.

Then maybe those schools will get fixed.

Just sayin'.
They applied that in our county back when the busing began in 1973. The whites bused into black schools were often bullied and beaten up. The schools did not improve academically.

And the result, of course, was a mass-exodus from the cities!

why have separate unions? what does it accomplish except to further segregate us?

I never heard Little Walter mentioned even once when I was in high school. In fact, I have to educate most of my black musician friends on blues music. Under sixty and it's no part of their segregated culture.

I listened to his namesake: Boston DJ Little Walter DeVenne's early rock-n-roll shows. :) He also was one of the people getting early recordings cleaned up & remastered.

Sadly, he retired in 2005 after being diagnosed with cancer. :( Though cancer-free since 2006, he did not go back on the air.

Whats important about Little Walter?

Without him and his musical scene you have no Beatles, Rolling Stones and most contemporary American music.

Who cares.? Music is just silly entertainment. When will blacks take their place as scientists and engineers and businessmen - the people who create wealth and make things? Answer is never. Blacks are mentally inferior and can only sing and dance and play sports.

Seriously, there should be no separate classes for blacks. If it's worth learning it's worth everybody learning. If you want to have a course only on black studies then it should be in college and it should be open to everyone.

I disagree. As a Black youth growing up I did not see me reflected in the classes I had in K-12. I did hear all about how whites did this and did that but never heard anything about Black people until a brief chapter on slavery that was in most cases glossed over. If I had known Africans were the ones that invented advanced math and the first to show proof of advanced calculations I would have definitely been more interested in school. If I would have been aware of the rich history and foundation that people that looked like me provided this world I would not have thought going to school was such a drag. Unitl this is rectified the best thing would be to either home school our children or start separate schools geared toward Black children.

Last edited:
So black people used to be smart?

What happened?

I disagree. As a Black youth growing up I did not see me reflected in the classes I had in K-12. I did hear all about how whites did this and did that but never heard anything about Black people until a brief chapter on slavery that was in most cases glossed over. If I had known Africans were the ones that invented advanced math and the first to show proof of advanced calculations I would have definitely been more interested in school. If I would have been aware of the rich history and foundation that people that looked like me provided this world I would not have thought going to school was such a drag. Unitl this is rectified the best thing would be to either home school our children or start separate schools geared toward Black children.
That's because blacks had very little input into the advances of western culture. That's part of why it's called western culture. Apparently you are so blinded by the institutional racism you were indoctrinated into that you'd prefer race-based revisionist history over the truth.
Ironically, the most important cultural interests for me (sports and music) growing up as a 20th century American have been heavily influenced by people who 'don't look like me' and it never stopped me from emulating them or giving credence to their accomplishments.

Forum List

Back