Putting the Catholic Church in my rear view window...

But Jesus died for our sins, didn't he? So that bill should be paid already.
What bill? Adam's way pointed to one direction for living life. Jesus' way pointed to another direction of living life. Neither Adam nor Jesus is living our life, we are. Just like Adam and Jesus we need to choose a direction.
Did Jesus die on the cross for our sins, yes or no.

Seems to me that a being that could create the entire universe and everything in it would come up with a better solution to dealing with humanity’s sins.
Seems to me that a being that could create the entire universe and everything in it would come up with a better solution to dealing with humanity’s sins.
that is just the awful christian bible -

the actual religion is choice to eventually triumph over sin for admission to the Everlasting - at a minimum there is no intermediary messiah to live in dream land.

again relating to the o p and in general that is their choice not their perceived affiliation as the answer they do not understand.

So Jesus died for our sins, so now we can sin all we want because that bill is paid.
No. With Jesus we have the second model. Paul spoke of Adam being the first model of how mankind might live, choosing disobedience over obedience. Jesus is the second, choosing obedience over disobedience. "Sinning all we want" takes us back to Adam, not forward with Jesus.
Actually he died because of our sins.

What bill? Adam's way pointed to one direction for living life. Jesus' way pointed to another direction of living life. Neither Adam nor Jesus is living our life, we are. Just like Adam and Jesus we need to choose a direction.
No. He died because of our sins.

That being the case, did God not let all the sinners off the hook?

I believe the sanctity of marriage is predicated on the splitting of spirit into it's male and female halves. That there is only spirit. That spirit contains the essence of femininity and masculinity. And that male and female halves only exist apart in the material world. That marriage is the joining of the two halves that were split apart. Maybe if more people understood this there would be less bad marriages in the first place.

I agree - but nevertheless grey are all theories. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". To leave my first wife was necessary, the divorce unevitable - and to find my second wife was a wonder. She had been in a very similiar situation than I had been and so we did not need many words to understand each other, although we are both chatterboxes.
I make no judgments either way.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

I don't know what kind of answer this is - but the "discussion" within the Catholic Church about "remarriage" is anyway one of the most stupid irreal discussions the world ever had seen. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". And what anyone in the world thinks about me or anyone else, who is remarried, is for me personally without any relevance for anything. Everything what Catholics and others discuss in this direction is in my eyes only a stupid nonsense, which helps no one. Sure is it good to be married "forever" = until the partner dies. But philosophically is for example to die and to live the same. Within life we are surrounded from death. And in general exists by the way no one, who is really a "remarried Catholic", because the Catholic Church marries no one, who was once married. "Remarriage" exists only because people think it's the same to be politically married for a community of people (accepted to be married from other people) and to be spiritually married in the eyes of god (accepted to be married from our father in heaven). You can see this difference by the way very clear in the father of the Lord Joseph, who decided with the help of god to marry Mary and not to take care that Mary was pregnant from someone else - what was not compatible with the rules in his time and place of history.

Did you remarry with a guy this time?

No problems, Nazi? What about to live the next two weeks without alcohol and drugs?

I believe the sanctity of marriage is predicated on the splitting of spirit into it's male and female halves. That there is only spirit. That spirit contains the essence of femininity and masculinity. And that male and female halves only exist apart in the material world. That marriage is the joining of the two halves that were split apart. Maybe if more people understood this there would be less bad marriages in the first place.

I agree - but nevertheless grey are all theories. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". To leave my first wife was necessary, the divorce unevitable - and to find my second wife was a wonder. She had been in a very similiar situation than I had been and so we did not need many words to understand each other, although we are both chatterboxes.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

I don't know what kind of answer this is - but the "discussion" within the Catholic Church about "remarriage" is anyway one of the most stupid irreal discussions the world ever had seen. I am a so called "remarried Catholic". And what anyone in the world thinks about me or anyone else, who is remarried, is for me personally without any relevance for anything. Everything what Catholics and others discuss in this direction is in my eyes only a stupid nonsense, which helps no one. Sure is it good to be married "forever" = until the partner dies. But philosophically is for example to die and to live the same. Within life we are surrounded from death. And in general exists by the way no one, who is really a "remarried Catholic", because the Catholic Church marries no one, who was once married. "Remarriage" exists only because people think it's the same to be politically married for a community of people (accepted to be married from other people) and to be spiritually married in the eyes of god (accepted to be married from our father in heaven). You can see this difference by the way very clear in the father of the Lord Joseph, who decided with the help of god to marry Mary and not to take care that Mary was pregnant from someone else - what was not compatible with the rules in his time and place of history.

In not judging you.

What for heavens sake do you try to say with this sentence?

Which part didn’t you understand?

Good grief. US-Americans are really strange. What motivated you to say "I make no judgments ..." or "In [=I'm] not judging you." What for heavens sake do you speak about?

So Jesus died for our sins, so now we can sin all we want because that bill is paid.
No. With Jesus we have the second model. Paul spoke of Adam being the first model of how mankind might live, choosing disobedience over obedience. Jesus is the second, choosing obedience over disobedience. "Sinning all we want" takes us back to Adam, not forward with Jesus.
We hadn't been born yet to sin.

¿Judgement?
Yes.

Did you remarry with a guy this time?

No problems, Nazi? What about to live the next two weeks without alcohol and drugs?

I don't drink or do drugs, that shit is for kikes.

the messages should be consistent.
The etymology of meek is patience and long-suffering. Meekness is not weakness. In other words, those who work at their goal will attain it. The Prayer of Jabez (Old Testament) comes to mind. Therefore, the teaching is indeed consistent and works for both rich and poor alike.

yeah all those rich Catholics are "long suffering" If a priest tells rich people they need to suffer the hilarity will ensue

The pope says birth control is a sin yet how many catholic women use birth control?
Take a look at God's Commandments. Yet how many people break them? What both Commandments and Church point to is the ideal. What we see (or do not see) are those who reach that ideal.

Yeah OK

I know atheists who do a better job of following the 10 commandments than most of the religious people I have ever met

I know atheists who do a better job of following the 10 commandments than most of the religious people I have ever met
As it should be. Jesus said he came for sinners, that those who are well have no need of a physician.

As it should be. Jesus said he came for sinners, that those who are well have no need of a physician.

so those who don't believe in JC can actually sin less than those who do.

So why do they need JC at all?

Seems to me that churchgoers sin quite a bit even thought they believe in a god

I find it interesting that a man can choose to live a good life and not believe in god and expects no heavenly reward for his good acts can be called a sinner by religious people who believe and do their good deeds out of fear of punishment or for want of an eternal reward.

I decided long ago that the unbeliever who lived a good life was the better person

Last edited:

¿Judgement?
Yes.

In not judging you.

What for heavens sake do you try to say with this sentence?

Which part didn’t you understand?

Good grief. US-Americans are really strange. What motivated you to say "I make no judgments ..." or "In [=I'm] not judging you." What for heavens sake do you speak about?

I’m sure if you try really hard you can figure it out.

We hadn't been born yet to sin.
What difference does that make?

Everyone who has ever sinned or will ever sin orchestrated the death of Christ. While it may be convenient to believe Christ died for your sins, the correct way of looking at it is that Christ died because of your sins.

That being the case, did God not let all the sinners off the hook?
How so? Is it possible to be forgiven if you don’t acknowledge what was done that needs to be forgiven?

the actual religion is choice to eventually triumph over sin for admission to the Everlasting - at a minimum there is no intermediary messiah to live in dream land.

again relating to the o p and in general that is their choice not their perceived affiliation as the answer they do not understand.
SO, you never sinned against anyone nor GOD? You never lied (ever), stole (took anything that wasn't yours), never cheated, never used the LORD's name in vain? And there are other sins; however, if you committed even one sin, you are going to hell. Without a redeemer you are not worthy of being in the presence of GOD. You can call the Bible awful all you want, but you are not a good person if you ever sinned, and that make you awful.

SO, you never sinned against anyone nor GOD? You never lied (ever), stole (took anything that wasn't yours), never cheated, never used the LORD's name in vain? And there are other sins; however, if you committed even one sin, you are going to hell. Without a redeemer you are not worthy of being in the presence of GOD. You can call the Bible awful all you want, but you are not a good person if you ever sinned, and that make you awful.
so go to church give god money and you can have a get out of hell card

Forum List

Back