Question about Noah.

Btw, where do you situated the flood in time?
??....still having short term memory problems?......approximately the same time as the origin of mitochondrial Eve.....I believe science currently pegs that around 90-120k years ago.....
There's no archeological data to support your baseless claim.

Getting your science from christian creationist ministries will always make you the Village Idiot.

You should try to get a little education from some source yourself. Any source at all would be an improvement for you.
The fact is, there is no archeological data to support the biblical flood tale.

It's been pointed out repeatedly that cultures existing at the time of the alleged flood have no record of the event.

To insist that the biblical flood took place in spite of a total lack of evidence for the event suggests you're simply a slave to dogma.

??....still having short term memory problems?......approximately the same time as the origin of mitochondrial Eve.....I believe science currently pegs that around 90-120k years ago.....
Any archeological proof of said worldwide flood?

Come on Taz. You know perfectly well there is plenty of proof for a global flood. You know they have discovered seashells on top of Mount Everest and that marine skeletons and seashells are found buried in mud sediment all over the world. If you really are not aware of such findings, you really should look it up on the internet just for your own education and satisfaction. The flood actually happened. It formed the Grand Canyon.
Complete nonsense.

what world wide flood....the one I'm referring to was localized and just killed those folks alive at the time.....

The bible doesn't place the world that old
the bible doesn't place the date of the flood anywhere.......some guy name Usscher tried, but he made several significant mistakes.....
How strange. An event that allegedly involved your serial mass murderer gawds wiping all of humanity from the planet except for Noah and his immediate family, yet no one marked their desktop calendar.
actually, nearly every continent has indigenous peoples who've passed down the stories from their ancestors desktop calendars.....

the bible doesn't place the date of the flood anywhere.......some guy name Usscher tried, but he made several significant mistakes.....
How strange. An event that allegedly involved your serial mass murderer gawds wiping all of humanity from the planet except for Noah and his immediate family, yet no one marked their desktop calendar.
actually, nearly every continent has indigenous peoples who've passed down the stories from their ancestors desktop calendars.....
That is correct which is from the data I gave you. None of which has anything to do with the Noah fable which is unsupportable with respect to archeological and historical data.

About a worldwide flood that murdered everyone except a few white folks? Ya, sure they do.

what world wide flood....the one I'm referring to was localized and just killed those folks alive at the time.....
OK, so you don't believe in the bible. From Genesis: “I will wipe from the face of the earth the human race I have created—and with them the animals, the birds and the creatures that move along the ground—for I regret that I have made them.”

Come on Taz. You know perfectly well there is plenty of proof for a global flood. You know they have discovered seashells on top of Mount Everest and that marine skeletons and seashells are found buried in mud sediment all over the world. If you really are not aware of such findings, you really should look it up on the internet just for your own education and satisfaction. The flood actually happened. It formed the Grand Canyon.
HOLY CRAP!!!!!! That's a lot of dumb shit for such a short post! You never heard of plate techtonics pushing up Everest and that it moves a little each year? Noah's flood formed the Grand Canyon? Ever heard of erosion? And just curious, where did all the water go?

HOLY CRAP!!!!!! That's a lot of dumb shit for such a short post! You never heard of plate techtonics pushing up Everest and that it moves a little each year? Noah's flood formed the Grand Canyon? Ever heard of erosion? And just curious, where did all the water go?

Indeed I have heard of erosion. Erosion does not necessarily require your millions of years. Erosion can happen very suddenly. Ever see the results of a flash flood?

The top of the Grand Canyon is over 4,000 feet higher than it is where it enters the canyon. That means the river would have had to flow UPHILL for millions of years to support your claim. That doesn't happen in the real world. In contrast to all other rivers, we find the Colorado has no delta ( a place where washed out mud is deposited.) Had it washed out all this earth over millions of years, there would of necessity the requirement of a rather large delta.

Today we see two large beach lines at the top of the canyon. This means that before the flood there were two large lakes at the top of the canyon. These lakes overfilled and spilled very fast in a VERTICAL down-flow, not in a horizontal direction. This resulted in the steep sharp edges and high vertical cliffs of the canyon instead of the rounded gradual slopes normally found as result of a horizontal flow. The Grand Canyon was actually formed in a very short period of time caused by a tremendous quantity of water spilling over the broken walls of two lakes.

You shifting plates do not address the discovery of seashells on top of Everest. Do you realize Everest is quite some distance from an ocean? My father-in-law used to operate a front-end loader for the county. He was loading dump trucks with red clay from a huge clay quarry when he cut into the quarry bank and found oyster shells embedded in the red clay bank. That quarry is some 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

Where did all the water go? A lot of it is still with us. They call them oceans, seas, gulf, lakes, etc. Most of the earth is still covered with water. Some of the ocean is quite deep, from seven to twelve miles deep in places. The world before the flood had very little seas if any. At present it is very dry in Pensacola where I live. I have to add water to my swimming pool a couple of times a week. This is called evaporation. The water from my pool may be deposited upon New York City by the way of rain or snow fall one day.

Why marvel that people all over the world had their "flood stories"? The reason should be quite obvious.

Many peoples have stories about their warrior heroes that they sat around the camp fires and recounted until the stories and feats of their heroes grew in proportion to the imagination boundaries of the story teller. The American Indians passed their tales on to generation after generation by word of mouth.
Stories of a flood are found among different peoples from South America to the South Sea Islands to Australia to Paupa, New Guinea, to Japan, china, India, the Middle East, Europe to Africa. Those stories closest to the area of the dispersal (Babel) are also the closest in detail to the Biblical account, especially the Epic of Gilgamesh.

The world was populated by the three sons of Noah following the flood. All these people pretty much banded together at Babel until the Lord finally divided the earth in the days of Peleg and scattered the people and caused them to speak different languages. Since all peoples of the earth are directly descended from Noah's three sons, why marvel at all that all of them had heard the flood story?

Why marvel that people all over the world had their "flood stories"? The reason should be quite obvious.

Many peoples have stories about their warrior heroes that they sat around the camp fires and recounted until the stories and feats of their heroes grew in proportion to the imagination boundaries of the story teller. The American Indians passed their tales on to generation after generation by word of mouth.
Stories of a flood are found among different peoples from South America to the South Sea Islands to Australia to Paupa, New Guinea, to Japan, china, India, the Middle East, Europe to Africa. Those stories closest to the area of the dispersal (Babel) are also the closest in detail to the Biblical account, especially the Epic of Gilgamesh.

The world was populated by the three sons of Noah following the flood. All these people pretty much banded together at Babel until the Lord finally divided the earth in the days of Peleg and scattered the people and caused them to speak different languages. Since all peoples of the earth are directly descended from Noah's three sons, why marvel at all that all of them had heard the flood story?
Now please tell us about the one with goldie locks and the three bears? :popcorn:

Indeed I have heard of erosion. Erosion does not necessarily require your millions of years. Erosion can happen very suddenly. Ever see the results of a flash flood?

The top of the Grand Canyon is over 4,000 feet higher than it is where it enters the canyon. That means the river would have had to flow UPHILL for millions of years to support your claim. That doesn't happen in the real world. In contrast to all other rivers, we find the Colorado has no delta ( a place where washed out mud is deposited.) Had it washed out all this earth over millions of years, there would of necessity the requirement of a rather large delta.

Today we see two large beach lines at the top of the canyon. This means that before the flood there were two large lakes at the top of the canyon. These lakes overfilled and spilled very fast in a VERTICAL down-flow, not in a horizontal direction. This resulted in the steep sharp edges and high vertical cliffs of the canyon instead of the rounded gradual slopes normally found as result of a horizontal flow. The Grand Canyon was actually formed in a very short period of time caused by a tremendous quantity of water spilling over the broken walls of two lakes.

You shifting plates do not address the discovery of seashells on top of Everest. Do you realize Everest is quite some distance from an ocean? My father-in-law used to operate a front-end loader for the county. He was loading dump trucks with red clay from a huge clay quarry when he cut into the quarry bank and found oyster shells embedded in the red clay bank. That quarry is some 50 miles from the Gulf of Mexico.

Where did all the water go? A lot of it is still with us. They call them oceans, seas, gulf, lakes, etc. Most of the earth is still covered with water. Some of the ocean is quite deep, from seven to twelve miles deep in places. The world before the flood had very little seas if any. At present it is very dry in Pensacola where I live. I have to add water to my swimming pool a couple of times a week. This is called evaporation. The water from my pool may be deposited upon New York City by the way of rain or snow fall one day.
The plate that Mt Everest sits on was once at the bottom of an ocean, but the plate with India on it crashed into that plate, pushing it into mountains.
Your Grand canyon story is not supported by archeological fact.
Where did all the water drain to?
When do YOU date the flood to?

The plate that Mt Everest sits on was once at the bottom of an ocean, but the plate with India on it crashed into that plate, pushing it into mountains.

What ocean? Give me some argument. I have no argument that at the time of the flood Everest wasn't nearly as high as it is now. I totally agree. Even though it was not as high it still had a top to it. That same top has only gotten pushed upward. Show me something that says Everest was once at the bottom of some ocean and please name that ocean.

If the earth had a flat surface now with the depths of the ocean being only a few feet deep, then the water in the oceans would cover the earth. That is a scientific fact.

My Grand Canyon story is supported not only by fact but by common sense. That river never flowed uphill.

Actually, the Bible somewhat supports the idea that this earth has endured two global floods in its history.

Last edited:

Now please tell us about the one with goldie locks and the three bears? :popcorn:

No real answers just going juvenile again.

What ocean? Give me some argument. I have no argument that at the time of the flood Everest wasn't nearly as high as it is now. I totally agree. Even though it was not as high it still had a top to it. That same top has only gotten pushed upward. Show me something that says Everest was once at the bottom of some ocean and please name that ocean.

If the earth had a flat surface now with the depths of the ocean being only a few feet deep, then the water in the oceans would cover the earth. That is a scientific fact.

My Grand Canyon story is supported not only by fact but by common sense. That river never flowed uphill.

Actually, the Bible somewhat supports the idea that this earth has endured two global floods in its history.
What "facts" support your Grand Canyon theory?

Why don't you simply read the post? Ever hear of common sense? Some folks have it. Do rivers flow uphill? Does slow erosion produce sharp cliffs? Where is the Colorado River delta? These are common sense items that must be answered.

Show me your argument. I've shown you mine.

Why don't you simply read the post? Ever hear of common sense? Some folks have it. Do rivers flow uphill? Does slow erosion produce sharp cliffs? Where is the Colorado River delta? These are common sense items that must be answered.

Show me your argument. I've shown you mine.

You claimed "facts" supported your Grand Canyon theory. I still see no facts being presented.

That is correct which is from the data I gave you. None of which has anything to do with the Noah fable which is unsupportable with respect to archeological and historical data.
???....actually, I suspect I had that data before you were even born......

Forum List

Back