Question about Shanksville crash

Huggy was partially correct about the wood frame as that was how it was first built. The terrorists however, used careful planning to avoid hitting any of the 4 original walls and went straight for the only newly completed remodeled wall.

Http://www.greatbuildings.com/buildings/The_Pentagon.html

Most people never get a good close up look at a 757. From afar the wings and engines appear small and flimsy. They are not. Terral has hundreds of pictures of the pentagon attack ...I suggest you petition him for photos. If you want easy access from just memory ...think back to the towers and visualize the holes made in the sides of the buildings. Those exterior walls had huge vertical collums yet the holes made were the entire width of the airplanes.

Huggy was partially correct about the wood frame as that was how it was first built. The terrorists however, used careful planning to avoid hitting any of the 4 original walls and went straight for the only newly completed remodeled wall.

Most people never get a good close up look at a 757. From afar the wings and engines appear small and flimsy. They are not. Terral has hundreds of pictures of the pentagon attack ...I suggest you petition him for photos. If you want easy access from just memory ...think back to the towers and visualize the holes made in the sides of the buildings. Those exterior walls had huge vertical collums yet the holes made were the entire width of the airplanes.

I'm somewhat familiar with their size and weight so I know they aren't the paper napkins they get sold as regarding 9E. One of the weird technical aspects is wind shear pulled out light poles but left the lawn fully in tact. From what I've read about the decoded flight data, the plane would have been too high to hit the first floors of the pentagon which coincides with the physical evidence of the unblemished lawn. (aside from the explosion of course). Having driven by the pent many times I do understand how difficult it would have been to maneuver a 757 with such precision that fast that low to the ground.

As for wind shear, how close would a 757 have to be to knock down light poles? I've never seen any evidence there was physical contact between the plane and the poles.

HAHAHAHAhahahahaha!!!!!!

you have proof the terrorists carefully planned to hit that particular wall?!! :lol:

That was a joke dumfuk. It was a sarcastic way of pointing out the irony of this big plan by the terrorists....then hitting the part of the pentagon that would cause the least amount of damage and loss of life.

HAHAHAHAhahahahaha!!!!!!

you have proof the terrorists carefully planned to hit that particular wall?!! :lol:

That was a joke dumfuk. It was a sarcastic way of pointing out the irony of this big plan by the terrorists....then hitting the part of the pentagon that would cause the least amount of damage and loss of life.

You kid! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sjneEsI3M]YouTube - Goodfellass[/ame]

HAHAHAHAhahahahaha!!!!!!

You kid! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z3sjneEsI3M]YouTube - Goodfellass[/ame]

Great movie.

:lol::lol: Why the mean sprit counselor? I'm just a humble soul tryin to figure out where 100,000 lbs of aluminum went?:cuckoo:...silly me:eek:

THAT's what you were trying to say?

Part of the problem, then, is that you have major problems posting a coherent thought.

You are asking (I'll go ahead and read a bit between the lines since you are a bit too incoherent to frame your questions intelligibly) "what happened" to the aluminum skin of the downed jet liner?

PART of it was on display in some of the images posted, of course.

Much of it fragmented upon impact into tiny pieces. Some of it probably did vaporize.

It appears that a good deal of the recovered wreckage got returned to United Airlines.

Why does it matter? (I believe I know what you suspect, and that's fine; but maybe you could stop playing silly games and just go ahead and state your claim.)

See... That's what I am talking about. Words like "vaporized"....

You do know I have been a liscenced pilot for almost 33 years... I wonder how many of you "experts" have at least that much background in fllight?

I'll just jump in...late as you point out but maybe I can raise a legitimate question or two.

You have stated the plane was going 500 plus MPHs...How do you know this? If I recall..there was this passenger take over that was unsuccessful..but to what degree? If they breached the cockpit and kiled the terrorist then they surely pulled back on the throttles. Doing so would change the speed dramatically wether they pulled out of a stall or not...with power cut back or off there is a basic law of physics ..a terminal velocity.. of approximately 120 mph maximum. You do know this...Right?

An aircraft does not maintain momentum like an automobile doing fifty and you take your foot off the gas pedal. If the power was reduced the drag would act immediately on the airplane.

I know that one of "the" black boxes was recovered. Is there any reliable information of the speed of impact? Or are you just assuming that the passengers broke into the cockpit and made no attempt to reduce power?

I conceed that the plane was going at least 120 mph. I seriously doubt it was going much faster and certainly as it was likely someone could get thier hands on the throttles the aircraft was not going as fast as it possibly could in level controlled flight. You may not appreciate me chiming in but as smart as you have shown to be what say you on my points?

You are a pilot of significant experience (assuming, as I am willing to do for now that you are being honest). Your experience as a pilot does not qualify you as a physicist.

I wasn't in Shanksville, PA on 9/11/2001. I have no personal first hand information as to the speed of the craft.

The fact that the passengers fought back does not mean that they reclaimed control of the plane's cockpit. It is at least equally likely that the craft was still under thrust as it went down which would make the speed greater than that of free fall.

Show me evidence to support your mere belief that anybody other than one of the terrorist pieces of shit had control of the craft at or just before impact.

The information I have as to the speed is based on estimates I have read. The basis for those estimates? I am not privy to the information. But I see little reason to doubt it in light of the physical wreckage at the crash site.

Finally, as to your quibble about the word "vaporized," I am content that aluminum and aluminum alloys do burn, melt and do, in part become vaporized in the process. For although I am not a pilot, nor a physicist nor a scientist of any kind, I (like you) know how to look some things up. Here's an entry in a web-site you might find of some interest, for example:
Aluminum is actually a very reactive and flammable metal,
but it is normally protected by an inert coating of aluminum oxide.
Dissolving the oxide, though, exposes a fresh aluminum surface, which reacts
vigorously with air and water.
Aluminum Combustion </head>

Just spit-balling (really) but it occurs to me as a layman in this realm of science that a crash that breaks the plane (and it's aluminum alloy "skin" into maybe a billion pieces COULD (in theory) "expose the fresh aluminum surface" of the "skin" sufficiently to permit the aluminum to react exothermically with the air.

At 500 mph, a military jet hitting solid concrete wall (akin to those protecting nuclear power plants) "atomizes."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--_RGM4Abv8]YouTube - F4 Phantom Vs. Wall[/ame]

So why should we believe that a passenger jet, quite probably under full throttle, crashing into the reclaimed mining surface at the Shanksville PA crash site not have a likelihood of breaking the craft up into very small pieces?

At 500 mph, a military jet hitting solid concrete wall (akin to those protecting nuclear power plants) "atomizes."

YouTube - F4 Phantom Vs. Wall

So why should we believe that a passenger jet, quite probably under full throttle, crashing into the reclaimed mining surface at the Shanksville PA crash site not have a likelihood of breaking the craft up into very small pieces?

Rotfl......comparing an f4 to a 757......shit Snitch Bitch....that ranks up there with candyass claiming nasa is the only way we know africa exists.

Rotfl......comparing an f4 to a 757......shit Snitch Bitch....that ranks up there with candyass claiming nasa is the only way we know africa exists.

Don't fret, PussyPuddle

Nobody expected a retard like you to get the point or a liar like you to acknowledge it even if you were smart enough to get it.

Get back to biting your toenails, asshole.

yeah, you would expect a military plane to be built to withstand a certain degree of damage in a conflict. on the other hand you wouldnt expect a 757 to be able to withstand any of that type of damage.

you are right, the comparison of an over engineered F4 where survivability is an importance to a 757 where light weight is an importance isnt exactly valid. one would expect the F4 to withstand damage much better than a 757. :eusa_whistle:

yeah, you would expect a military plane to be built to withstand a certain degree of damage in a conflict. on the other hand you wouldnt expect a 757 to be able to withstand any of that type of damage.

you are right, the comparison of an over engineered F4 where survivability is an importance to a 757 where light weight is an importance isnt exactly valid. one would expect the F4 to withstand damage much better than a 757. :eusa_whistle:

It's just too fuxxing funny you dumbasses are so desperate you're trying to make the comparison. Post the dimensions of each next to each other fukwads. Do you think the f4 is made out of kevlar and reinforced steel? Lol!

Don't fret, PussyPuddle

Nobody expected a retard like you to get the point or a liar like you to acknowledge it even if you were smart enough to get it.

Rotfl! Go ahead Snitch Bitch.....keep whining and reaching.....you're the Rosie O'Donnell of the OCTAs.

THAT's what you were trying to say?

Part of the problem, then, is that you have major problems posting a coherent thought.

You are asking (I'll go ahead and read a bit between the lines since you are a bit too incoherent to frame your questions intelligibly) "what happened" to the aluminum skin of the downed jet liner?

PART of it was on display in some of the images posted, of course.

Much of it fragmented upon impact into tiny pieces. Some of it probably did vaporize.

It appears that a good deal of the recovered wreckage got returned to United Airlines.

Why does it matter? (I believe I know what you suspect, and that's fine; but maybe you could stop playing silly games and just go ahead and state your claim.)

See... That's what I am talking about. Words like "vaporized"....

You do know I have been a liscenced pilot for almost 33 years... I wonder how many of you "experts" have at least that much background in fllight?

I'll just jump in...late as you point out but maybe I can raise a legitimate question or two.

You have stated the plane was going 500 plus MPHs...How do you know this? If I recall..there was this passenger take over that was unsuccessful..but to what degree? If they breached the cockpit and kiled the terrorist then they surely pulled back on the throttles. Doing so would change the speed dramatically wether they pulled out of a stall or not...with power cut back or off there is a basic law of physics ..a terminal velocity.. of approximately 120 mph maximum. You do know this...Right?

An aircraft does not maintain momentum like an automobile doing fifty and you take your foot off the gas pedal. If the power was reduced the drag would act immediately on the airplane.

I know that one of "the" black boxes was recovered. Is there any reliable information of the speed of impact? Or are you just assuming that the passengers broke into the cockpit and made no attempt to reduce power?

I conceed that the plane was going at least 120 mph. I seriously doubt it was going much faster and certainly as it was likely someone could get thier hands on the throttles the aircraft was not going as fast as it possibly could in level controlled flight. You may not appreciate me chiming in but as smart as you have shown to be what say you on my points?

You are a pilot of significant experience (assuming, as I am willing to do for now that you are being honest). Your experience as a pilot does not qualify you as a physicist.

I wasn't in Shanksville, PA on 9/11/2001. I have no personal first hand information as to the speed of the craft.

The fact that the passengers fought back does not mean that they reclaimed control of the plane's cockpit. It is at least equally likely that the craft was still under thrust as it went down which would make the speed greater than that of free fall.

Show me evidence to support your mere belief that anybody other than one of the terrorist pieces of shit had control of the craft at or just before impact.

The information I have as to the speed is based on estimates I have read. The basis for those estimates? I am not privy to the information. But I see little reason to doubt it in light of the physical wreckage at the crash site.

Finally, as to your quibble about the word "vaporized," I am content that aluminum and aluminum alloys do burn, melt and do, in part become vaporized in the process. For although I am not a pilot, nor a physicist nor a scientist of any kind, I (like you) know how to look some things up. Here's an entry in a web-site you might find of some interest, for example:
Aluminum is actually a very reactive and flammable metal,
but it is normally protected by an inert coating of aluminum oxide.
Dissolving the oxide, though, exposes a fresh aluminum surface, which reacts
vigorously with air and water.
Aluminum Combustion </head>

Just spit-balling (really) but it occurs to me as a layman in this realm of science that a crash that breaks the plane (and it's aluminum alloy "skin" into maybe a billion pieces COULD (in theory) "expose the fresh aluminum surface" of the "skin" sufficiently to permit the aluminum to react exothermically with the air.

See there you go again counselor...the doubting Thomas..:lol::lol: This thread just begs some sense of sensibility. Take the airport in Bimini.... There is a huge pile of planes just off the runway...maybe a couple of dozen aircraft.. "unfortunate smugglers that freaked out...or who knows what.. They all crashed.. No evidence of vaporization. Seeing those plane wreakages doesn't make me a physisit..true. Some glimpse of what happens to planes that aquire accute toxic concrete poisening...Uh...Ya ... I think so..

It's just too fuxxing funny you dumbasses are so desperate you're trying to make the comparison. Post the dimensions of each next to each other fukwads. Do you think the f4 is made out of kevlar and reinforced steel? Lol!

and the outside dimensions will have what effect on the experiment, mr physicist?? :lol:

and the outside dimensions will have what effect on the experiment, mr physicist?? :lol:

I didn't say anything about "outside" dimensions you dishonest bitch. Keep dancing....

Don't fret, PussyPuddle

Rotfl! Go ahead Snitch Bitch.....keep whining and reaching.....you're the Rosie O'Donnell of the OCTAs.

MenstrualMess already holds the title of fully dishonest and tragically retarded. Now to that litany of accomplishments, we can add the most irrational slinger of irrelevant ad hominem efforts. LOL!

There's not a speck of sense in the "whining" comment, since (again) exposing that PussyPuddle's dishonesty and stupidity isn't whining. It's just amusing. There was no "reaching." The fact that MenstrualMess is too stupid to grasp the analogy is entirely on it.

The Rosie O'Donnell reference is even dumber yet. No coherence in that one at all. :cuckoo:

And of course, resort to the always meaningless acronyms only underscores that the lying needle dick fly fucker is a full fledged idiot scumbag Troofer, not some random moronic asshole merely "asking questions."

:lol:

Don't fret, PussyPuddle

MenstrualMess already holds the title of fully dishonest and tragically retarded. Now to that litany of accomplishments, we can add the most irrational slinger of irrelevant ad hominem efforts. LOL!

There's not a speck of sense in the "whining" comment, since (again) exposing that PussyPuddle's dishonesty and stupidity isn't whining. It's just amusing. There was no "reaching." The fact that MenstrualMess is too stupid to grasp the analogy is entirely on it.

The Rosie O'Donnell reference is even dumber yet. No coherence in that one at all. :cuckoo:

And of course, resort to the always meaningless acronyms only underscores that the lying needle dick fly fucker is a full fledged idiot scumbag Troofer, not some random moronic asshole merely "asking questions.

:lol:

Your "analogy" Snitch Bitch is as stoopid as Rosie saying fire can't melt steel.

Why don't you explain how this is a valid analogy? We all know you can't so you'll keep on whining......

Forum List

Back