Question for Iraq war supporters

The BBC just recently was found in COURT to be biased, you moron. They've admitted, over and over, to being biased in their hiring practices AND their stories.

"BBC executives have been forced to admit what critics have known for years - that the corporation is institutionally biased. The revelation came after details of an ‘impartiality’ summit called by its chairman, Michael Grade, were leaked. Senior figures admitted that the BBC is guilty of promoting Left-wing views and an anti-Christian sentiment. They also said that as an organisation it was disproportionately over-represented by gays and ethnic minorities. It was also suggested that the Beeb is guilty of political correctness, the overt promotion of multiculturalism and of being anti-American and against the countryside.

During the meeting, hosted by Sue Lawley, executives admitted they would happily broadcast the image of a Bible being thrown away - but would not do the same for the Koran."

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=7695

BBC bias complaint upheld
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2005/nov/26/bbc.radio

BBC admits bias against Christianity
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/45336.aspx

BBC admits: We are biased on religion and politics
Internal corporation memo on ‘impartiality’ summit leaked to British media exposes truth on BBC bias
Hagit Klaiman Published: 10.23.06, 16:10 / Israel News
LONDON – The British Broadcasting Corporation has been struggling for several years against criticisms and claims of biased reporting concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and distorted coverage of the global fight against terror. (This is the one they went to court on)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3318582,00.html

Want more?

And most of your fellow Americans can't?

Look, we've found a pocket of really smart people co-existing with the retarded Americans! And it consists of this guy and his buddies!

Elitist piece of shit.
http://www.malaysiakini.com/news/10705
Gov't 'satisfied' with apology from Time magazine
Mar 14, 02 2:36am
......Time's Feb 11 issue carried reports claiming that Malaysia was a regional financial and planning hub linked to the al-Qaeda terrorist network.

http://www.anca.org/press_releases/press_releases.php?prid=826
WASHINGTON, DC – Responding to months of protests organized by Armenian National Committee branches around the world, TIME Magazine's European edition published, in its October 17th issue, a brief apology to the Armenian community and all its readers for its dissemination earlier this year of a 70-minute DVD advertisement denying the Armenian Genocide.

TIME's apology was printed alongside an extensive letter to editors of TIME-Europe by leading Armenian, Jewish and human rights organizations....

Here's a funny one, it's a real mistake, but it's super funny:

CNN Apologizes for Mistaken Headline

Jan 2 02:42 PM US/Eastern
NEW YORK (AP) - CNN apologized Tuesday for mistakenly promoting a story on the search for Osama bin Laden with the headline "Where's Obama?"
A spokesman for Illinois Sen. Barack Obama said the apology was accepted.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/cnnapologize
"CNN’s lack of professionalism has raised the ire of Web sites all over the country. The following are recent quotes taken from web journalists across the nation:

“I don’t see how a respected news organization such as CNN – or any responsible journalist, for that matter – could omit Cena’s initial response to the question, which was a clear and direct denial to having ever taken steroids.” – Kevin Eck, Baltimore Sun, November 12, 2007

“I have to agree with the WWE here. The way the interview was edited was unfair, taking out the part where Cena states clearly that he hasn't used steroids and leaving in an ambiguous, out-of-context statement.” – Michael David Smith, aol.com, November 12, 2007

It's a case of "he said -- but you didn't get to hear it." – TMZ.com, November 12, 2007

“This past week, CNN did their part to inaccurately portray the wrestling industry." – Patrick Imig, JoeSportsFan.com, November 12, 2007

John Cena is still waiting for a public apology from CNN. An exclusive interview with Cena will take place tonight and will be posted on wwe.com immediately following WWE’s presentation of ECW on Sci Fi on the Sci Fi Network from 10 to 11 pm ET....

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/matthe...ic-bishops-view-highlights-liberal-dissenters
CNN Misleads on Catholic Bishops’ Abortion Views, Quotes Only Liberal Dissenters
By Matthew Balan | November 16, 2007 - 11:38 ET
CNN, during a report on Thursday’s "The Situation Room," mislead its viewers by reporting that a new document issued by the Catholic bishops on voting stated that "the candidate who supports abortion rights shouldn't necessarily be counted out for your vote." Besides this misrepresentation, the report also highlighted the issue of denying pro-abortion politicians Communion. CNN correspondent Mary Snow reported that some "critics" state that "the Communion question was created by extremists, and they hope they're shut out of this election cycle." Speaking of "shutting out," conservative and faithful Catholics were not featured at all in the report. Instead, Snow played two sound bites from prominent liberal Catholics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5Z1A03AGMM
CNN misrepresents Spelman College Students on Don Imus

You want more? These are just the initial hits. I imagine I could find meatier stuff.

Like this from wikipedia:

Operation Tailwind
In 1998, CNN, in partnership with corporate sister Time magazine, ran a report that Operation Tailwind in 1970 in Indochina included use of Sarin gas to kill a group of defectors from the United States military. The Pentagon denied the story. Skeptics deemed it improbable that such an extraordinary and risky atrocity could have gone unnoticed at the height of the Vietnam War's unpopularity. CNN, after a two-week inquiry, issued a retraction.[7].

Ooooh...or this!
Eason Jordan

[edit] Admits lobbying and minimizing atrocities
In April 2003, Eason Jordan, CNN's chief news executive, wrote an op-ed in the New York Times stating that he had lobbied the Iraqi government for 12 years in order to maintain a CNN presence in Iraq. He also admitted to withholding what would be considered newsworthy information of the government's atrocities, citing fears that releasing news would potentially endanger the lives of Iraqis working for CNN in Baghdad, some of whom had already been subject to beatings and torture. [8]

[edit] Resignation after accusations by blogger
In February 2005, Jordan resigned from CNN. The resignation came in response to controversy sparked after bloggers wrote that, at the recent World Economic Forum, Jordan had seemed to accuse the U.S. military of having purposely killed journalists. While Jordan acknowledged his remarks were not sufficiently clear, he denied that this was what he had meant to imply, saying that he had "great admiration and respect for the men and women of the U.S. armed forces."[16]

[edit] Rick Kaplan
Rick Kaplan served as president of CNN from 1997 to 2000. He is a personal friend, since 1977, of Bill Clinton, who was President of the United States during Kaplan's tenure. According to the Media Research Center, Kaplan's friendship, and political affinity, with Clinton affected the way the network covered the Monica Lewinsky scandal: "As the Lewinsky scandal broke, Kaplan leapt into action at CNN with two-hour specials attacking any and all Clinton critics. The programs included 'Media Madness,' which asked 'what the hell are you people doing' probing Bill Clinton’s sex life?; and 'Investigating the Investigator,' which described Ken Starr as 'suspect' over his 'religious and Republican roots.'"[17] Conservative commentator John Fund wrote that "During Mr. Kaplan's CNN tenure, there were no obvious examples of his coming to Mr. Clinton's aid," but that CNN's "executives create a perception problem when they hobnob with politicians."[18]

So is it entirely outside the realm of possibility that the Bush Administration has put pressure on news media outlets to tow the party line?

We're talking about media bias, not whether or not politicians will take advantage of it.

But if you have evidence of some media group that is routinely producing conservatively biased stories and trying to pass them off as neutral, feel free.

The BBC just recently was found in COURT to be biased, you moron. They've admitted, over and over, to being biased in their hiring practices AND their stories.

"BBC executives have been forced to admit what critics have known for years - that the corporation is institutionally biased. The revelation came after details of an ‘impartiality’ summit called by its chairman, Michael Grade, were leaked. Senior figures admitted that the BBC is guilty of promoting Left-wing views and an anti-Christian sentiment. They also said that as an organisation it was disproportionately over-represented by gays and ethnic minorities. It was also suggested that the Beeb is guilty of political correctness, the overt promotion of multiculturalism and of being anti-American and against the countryside.

During the meeting, hosted by Sue Lawley, executives admitted they would happily broadcast the image of a Bible being thrown away - but would not do the same for the Koran."

http://www.dvorak.org/blog/?p=7695

BBC bias complaint upheld
http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2005/nov/26/bbc.radio

BBC admits bias against Christianity
http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/45336.aspx

BBC admits: We are biased on religion and politics
Internal corporation memo on ‘impartiality’ summit leaked to British media exposes truth on BBC bias
Hagit Klaiman Published: 10.23.06, 16:10 / Israel News
LONDON – The British Broadcasting Corporation has been struggling for several years against criticisms and claims of biased reporting concerning the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and distorted coverage of the global fight against terror. (This is the one they went to court on)
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3318582,00.html

Want more?

So basically anyone who does not agree with Bush or FoxNews

Er..genius (Larkinn's gone, so you have inherited his title) the BBC admitted repeatedly to bias.

That's not just me saying they aren't reporting "nice". It's them stating they INTENTIONALLY slant the news.

Er..genius (Larkinn's gone, so you have inherited his title) the BBC admitted repeatedly to bias.

That's not just me saying they aren't reporting "nice". It's them stating they INTENTIONALLY slant the news.

so you are denying the substance of the link from the national geographic survey of 18-24 year old americans because it was reported by the BBC? Are you using that as your reason to deny that I proved to you that americans can't find Iraq on a map?

pretty fuckin' weak.

You mean it's pretty weak support for your allegation that Americans are stupid.

A national geographic/bbc survey. I wonder who they polled, and what they asked?

Baboons? Residents of nursing home facilities? Children in the special class of an innercity school????

You mean it's pretty weak support for your allegation that Americans are stupid.

A national geographic/bbc survey. I wonder who they polled, and what they asked?

Baboons? Residents of nursing home facilities? Children in the special class of an innercity school????

so... a survey about geography from the world's most respected organization concerning geography is "weak"? Did you even READ the article, which, or course, answers your lameass questions?

give it up. You asked for a source other than CNN and I gave it to you. Sit on it.

and I said several, not two. And if you are asking me about my FRIENDS, I hang out with much smarter folks than the average American who is completely clueless about the world.

Now thats funny.....:clap2:
Do these smart friends of yours also believe Clinton was never charged with perjury, ..... and never acquitted, as you do????
You're a joke!

Oh...and you "look into things on your own", do you? How, pray tell, do you go about "looking into things on your own" concerning Iraq? Have you been over to Iraq and driven around the countryside and looked into things on your own, or do you, like everyone else in this country and in the world, rely primarily on the reports of journalists in the field?

And are you actually suggesting that CNN and TIME would concoct fake polling data and then publish it?

But I suppose YOUR favorite media outlet would NEVER do such a thing?

Do you really think that your shit doesn't stink???:rofl:
------

To suggest that the impeachment proceedings are synonymous with our criminal justice system is ridiculous.

I have said that Clinton was never found guilty of the crime of perjury. Do you want to argue that or not?

So can I, idiot. Being able to find Iraq on a map doesn't make you smarter.

That's just what the libs want you to believe, and like a complete sap, you do. That's the way they get you to go along with legislation that erodes the rights of Americans. By telling you OTHER Americans are too stupid to make their own decisions.

So who's the stupid one, I wonder?

To suggest that the impeachment proceedings are synonymous with our criminal justice system is ridiculous.

Synonymous with our criminal justice system???

I never said that....of course Impeachement proceedings are much more serious that common everyday court house trials.

I have said that Clinton was never found guilty of the crime of perjury. Do you want to argue that or not?

Did you not say this ????
Are you not right on both counts?
Did you read the Articles of Impeachment?
Are you not an asshole?

he may have lied under oath, but, as I said, he was never found guilty of the CRIME of perjury... nor was he acquited. He was never even brought to court on that charge where a finding of guilt or acquital could have been rendered.

Do you consider the impeachment by House and trial by the Senate, presided over by the CJ of the SC, not the "court"?

Now really....didn't you really mean your friends are much, much smarter than you....or would they make this kind of nutty claim too....

Did you not say this ????
Are you not right on both counts?
Did you read the Articles of Impeachment?
Are you not an asshole?

Do you consider the impeachment by House and trial by the Senate, presided over by the CJ of the SC, not the "court"?

Now really....didn't you really mean your friends are much, much smarter than you....or would they make this kind of nutty claim too....

no. I do not consider the impeachment trial to be a criminal justice matter at all, but a constitutional one. The senate is not a court. it is a legislative body charged, in that instance with affirming or denying the impeachment by the other legislative body. Clinton was never acquited of the crime of perjury, nor was he ever found guilty.

no. I do not consider the impeachment trial to be a criminal justice matter at all, but a constitutional one. The senate is not a court. it is a legislative body charged, in that instance with affirming or denying the impeachment by the other legislative body. Clinton was never acquited of the crime of perjury, nor was he ever found guilty.

Thats clever, but I said nothing about criminal justice....and you are right to claim Judge Judy didn't get to hear Clintons case.....

Your claim was Clinton was never brought to court on a perjury charge....
You said:
"nor was he acquited. He was never even brought to court on that charge where a finding of guilt or acquital could have been rendered."

Sorry dimbulb.... The Senate impeachment hearing was a court and the judge was the Chief Justice....and the jury was the Senators.....and the charges included perjury and the verdict was acquittal..and that makes you a clown...

He was acquitted. Half thought he should be ousted but you need 2/3.

The supreme court was fairly convinced he'd committed perjury and obstructed justice, otherwise they wouldn't have disbarred him. I'd say it's easier to be convicted of a crime than to get disbarred.

Forum List

Back