Quotes to Ponder ....

“Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral. ”
Paulo Freire

The-supreme-art-of-war-1.jpg

"Children and lunatics cut the Gordian knot that poets spend a lifetime trying to untie." - Christopher Morley -

Ever since the going forward of who is now my newest favorite singer, Billy Joe Royal that is, "Absence makes the heart grow fonder." couldn't be a better summarizing of my life.

God bless you and his family always!!!

Holly

P.S. If only I had officially discovered him sooner.

“I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein’s brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.”
- Stephen Jay Gould -

"If I have seen further than others, it is by standing upon the shoulders of giants." - Isaac Newton -

Intelligence...the speed and accuracy one can get from Point A to Point C, without the benefit of knowledge of Point B.

Though its origin is disputed I still like this...

"To forgive terrorists is up to God, to send them to Him is up to me."

Reminds me of the line in the movie Man On Fire with Denzel Washington:

"Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting"

Well you're damned if you do, and you're damned if you don't..Bart Simpson(episode 7G02) Bart the Genius..14Jan1990

Did I ever mention I can do a spot on voice of Marge Simpson? I don't sound anything like Julie Kavner though.....

tumblr_mesux7jpgI1qh59n0o1_500.png

Forum List

Back