Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?

I believe that a sale tax system would work better. The wealthy buy a lot of expensive homes, cars, yachts, jewelry, planes, cloths, paintings, race horses, eat at expensive restaurants, take expensive vacations, and spoil their children

The ultra wealthy pretty much control the tax code with their campaign brib, I mean contributions.

SO why would the ultra wealthy support the tax code as you just defined it? They have worked hard and spent plenty to have the tax code that we currently use. Why would they support a big change like you propose?
They wouldn't, under any circumstance.

Then why do people like you constantly trot out this fantasy taxation dream? Just the idea that us middle class folk are going to be able to bring about a major, drastic tax system change that the ultra wealthy do not support is quite simply, laughable.

Raise taxes on the rich, tax college savings, raise gasoline taxes, and cut social programs? Or, cut the enormous waste that we all know should be cut? Or, should we do a combination of both? If your answer is to cut waste, what are the most obvious areas of waste that you would cut? If your answer is to raise taxes, what taxes would you increase? Or, what new taxes would you add? If your answer is to raise taxes, where would you use the new revenue? If your answer is to cut waste, where would you use the savings?

Why not both? Would we even have our wars on Crime, Drugs, Poverty, and Terror, if the wealthiest had to pay wartime tax rates for them.
Yes, we would still have them. Taxes doesn't stop alcoholics, drug addicts, criminals, terrorists, poverty, nor homelessness. Our laws, policies, and actions by those we entrust with our security and economic well-being, can stop those things. But, greed, power, self-service, and egos prevent all of the above from being corrected. Also, time is a big factor. None of it can be corrected over-night. It takes determination, will, resources, and everyone being on the same page of the playbook for it to happen.

I believe that a sale tax system would work better. The wealthy buy a lot of expensive homes, cars, yachts, jewelry, planes, cloths, paintings, race horses, eat at expensive restaurants, take expensive vacations, and spoil their children

The ultra wealthy pretty much control the tax code with their campaign brib, I mean contributions.

SO why would the ultra wealthy support the tax code as you just defined it? They have worked hard and spent plenty to have the tax code that we currently use. Why would they support a big change like you propose?
They wouldn't, under any circumstance.

Then why do people like you constantly trot out this fantasy taxation dream? Just the idea that us middle class folk are going to be able to bring about a major, drastic tax system change that the ultra wealthy do not support is quite simply, laughable.
It takes voters that want fairness, equality, and economic justice for it to happen. The purpose we preach the sermon is to plant seeds of thought in as many as we can, hoping those seeds take root and grow into positive actions. An honest effort is better than no effort at all.

I think spending cuts are in order.

They need to cut taxes on utilities, they are obscene. My parents have a $9.99 cell phone plan it runs them $15.43 a month, my cell phone plan is $30 in taxes on a $180 plan.

Take a look at your cable bill, take a look at your water, your sewer, electric, gas and you will find about 20% of your utility bills taxes. At least in my area.

Cut spending

They need to cut taxes on utilities, they are obscene. My parents have a $9.99 cell phone plan it runs them $15.43 a month, my cell phone plan is $30 in taxes on a $180 plan.

Take a look at your cable bill, take a look at your water, your sewer, electric, gas and you will find about 20% of your utility bills taxes. At least in my area.

Cut spending

Sure why not "starve the beast" until we cut the "fat" of our "wars" on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

We have a Commerce Clause not a general warfare clause.

Raise taxes on the rich, tax college savings, raise gasoline taxes, and cut social programs? Or, cut the enormous waste that we all know should be cut? Or, should we do a combination of both? If your answer is to cut waste, what are the most obvious areas of waste that you would cut? If your answer is to raise taxes, what taxes would you increase? Or, what new taxes would you add? If your answer is to raise taxes, where would you use the new revenue? If your answer is to cut waste, where would you use the savings?

Why not both? Would we even have our wars on Crime, Drugs, Poverty, and Terror, if the wealthiest had to pay wartime tax rates for them.
Yes, we would still have them. Taxes doesn't stop alcoholics, drug addicts, criminals, terrorists, poverty, nor homelessness. Our laws, policies, and actions by those we entrust with our security and economic well-being, can stop those things. But, greed, power, self-service, and egos prevent all of the above from being corrected. Also, time is a big factor. None of it can be corrected over-night. It takes determination, will, resources, and everyone being on the same page of the playbook for it to happen.

The only way for everyone to be on the same page of the playbook is to kill every human being until you are down to one.

The only way for everyone to be on the same page of the playbook is to kill every human being until you are down to one.
That's one option.

How does that work with our Fifth Amendment, in the US?

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a grand jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the militia, when in actual service in time of war or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offense to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.

Really? What a thought. I don't suppose that the socioeconomic survival of this once great nation would bring a few together to solve some of our problems. Nah, never happen, right? So, we just stand-by and together watch the collapse take place? What an interesting thought. I'll have to ponder that for a bit.

It takes voters that want fairness, equality, and economic justice for it to happen.

No, it would take politicians not beholding to the ultra wealthy to even CONSIDER what you propose.

The purpose we preach the sermon is to plant seeds of thought in as many as we can, hoping those seeds take root and grow into positive actions. An honest effort is better than no effort at all.

Here is the problem with "sermons". Only the converts believe them. And from what I read, the idea of lowering the taxes on the ultra wealthy (which is what you are proposing) does not have many converts.

But an "honest effort" on a matter that has absolutely no chance of ever moving into the real world is what?
A waste of time.

Of course, so is posting on a message board.

Cut spending

Sure why not "starve the beast" until we cut the "fat" of our "wars" on crime, drugs, poverty, and terror.

We need to get spending under control. What is your solution continue on the course that isn't working?

I don't suppose that the socioeconomic survival of this once great nation would bring a few together to solve some of our problems. Nah, never happen, right? So, we just stand-by and together watch the collapse take place? What an interesting thought. I'll have to ponder that for a bit.

Nothing lasts forever. Many societies that lasted hundreds of years longer than we've been a country all eventually fell. What goes up doesn't go up forever.

The ultra wealthy have never had it so good in this country. I bet they have an entirely different perspective of how the country is doing. Don't you think?

It's plutocrats vs. the rest of us. And the rest of us has a strong component who work FOR the plutocrats. Why they do that I don't know. But they do. But the plutocrats are kicking ass. The rest of us are getting our asses kicked. But I don't think there will be a "collapse". Just a steadily declining standard of living for many. And a real good standard of living for some. I am in the "some" category.

Where you are I don't know. But it is definitely every man/woman for himself. We ain't all in this together no more.
To much hate, jealousy, greed and laziness going around.

It takes voters that want fairness, equality, and economic justice for it to happen.

No, it would take politicians not beholding to the ultra wealthy to even CONSIDER what you propose.

The purpose we preach the sermon is to plant seeds of thought in as many as we can, hoping those seeds take root and grow into positive actions. An honest effort is better than no effort at all.

Here is the problem with "sermons". Only the converts believe them. And from what I read, the idea of lowering the taxes on the ultra wealthy (which is what you are proposing) does not have many converts.

But an "honest effort" on a matter that has absolutely no chance of ever moving into the real world is what?
A waste of time.

Of course, so is posting on a message board.
Well, the politicians that would consider such matters can be elected by the voters. Also, I did not say anything about lowering taxes on the wealthy, not a single word. And, sometimes those sermons find their way to the ears of those with the power and resources to make changes. Sometimes, the voice of the public is heard regardless of wealth and social status. It's only a waste of time if no one hears the sermon. Otherwise, those that do hear may repeat the sermon enough that eventually the right ears will likewise hear and act on it.

Giving up is not an option, and should never be an option. We have to try to correct wrongs, even if we are a small voice with an audience of one. Many great things have come about that started with a thought, then became a whisper, then became a loud voice, and then became reality. Our responsibility to each other, and to this once great nation, is to help make things better for the good of all. And, sometimes, our voice is all we have. Silence is a demon, and can only produce oppression and fear. When a thundering shout leaps the walls that encamp the band of thieves and the corrupt, heads turn, they take notice, and are alerted to possible danger. But, silence ensures their peace, and leaves them to continue their robbery and corruption without protest.

Cut spending

We need to get spending under control. What is your solution continue on the course that isn't working?
What spending? Oh right, you don't know and you don't how much that would save.

Raise Taxes or Cut Waste?
Why does this question even have to be asked? Why would anyone have to ask to cut waste?
If all government waste were to be eliminated there would never be any reason to raise taxes on anyone.

Government has spent over $30 trillion dollars in the last 10 years alone, that's over $100,000 for every man, woman, and child in the country, maxing out credit cards pushing the debt to over $18 trillion with no plan to pay it off. So you libs are saying the answer is to give them even more money?

Forum List

Back