Rapture anyday now!

"CAUGHT UP" is the rapture!!===1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

That is what you call it, it is not a word Jesus ever uses, nor do I. My responsibility is to follow Jesus, not you, or whatever passing theologian has to say as they twist or distort or distract or add to what Jesus says.

"CAUGHT UP" is the rapture!!===1Th 4:16 For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first.

1Th 4:17 Then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the Lord.

that is what you call it, it is not a word jesus ever uses, nor do i. My responsibility is to follow jesus, not you, or whatever passing theologian has to say as they twist or distort or distract or add to what jesus says.

"caught up" is the rapture!!===1th 4:16 for the lord himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet of god, and the dead in christ will rise first.

1th 4:17 then we who are alive and remain will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the lord in the air, and so we shall always be with the lord.

think!!!! Caught up ""is"" the rapture!!! The rapture is believers being caught up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Duh!!!!

I am in no need of adding to the words of Jesus, I take them as they are, perfect in every way just as He spoke them and as they are recorded in The Gospels. Jesus has His own words to say about His return. Matthew 24:36-44

I am in no need of adding to the words of Jesus, I take them as they are, perfect in every way just as He spoke them and as they are recorded in The Gospels. Jesus has His own words to say about His return. Matthew 24:36-44

so you deny the truth of God's Holy I nspired Word??????? =not smart!!!

They might not, but you apparently do.

Sorry, but cherry picking the words of the Bible that you want, don't really illustrate the points we should follow, just the one that you hope we would.

Dogma sucks, because it tends to put God in a box.

God is bigger than your box of dogma, and He's a lot larger than that.

THE RAPTURE is not a phrase from The Bible. How can I deny what is not written? What I read in the verse you address is confirmation Jesus will return for me, Jesus addresses that Himself in The Gospels.

THE RAPTURE is not a phrase written of in The Bible.

They might not, but you apparently do.

Sorry, but cherry picking the words of the Bible that you want, don't really illustrate the points we should follow, just the one that you hope we would.

Dogma sucks, because it tends to put God in a box.

God is bigger than your box of dogma, and He's a lot larger than that.

Acts 1:9-11
9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven,*will so come in like manner*as you saw Him go into heaven."*

Jesus left in the clouds and will return for us in the clouds.

9 Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. 10 And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, 11 who also said, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven,*will so come in like manner*as you saw Him go into heaven."*

Why would the men in white ask the disciples why they were looking up into the sky and then say that Jesus will return in the same way they saw him go unless he did not float up into the sky?

What was the manner in which he was taken up into heaven?

He was lifted up, singled out, and they lost sight of him in the clouds before he was "taken up into heaven', a euphemism for his death, clouds being a known metaphor for crowds of people and controversy.

He disappeared in the clouds of controversy, he is a good man, he is a glutton and a drunk, he is the Messiah, he is possessed, he is the Prophet, he is leading people astray, he is the righteous one, we know this man is a sinner, he is insane, no insane person could speak that way, etc., etc,....he will return in these same clouds.

Last edited:

Why would the men in white ask the disciples why they were looking up into the sky and then say that Jesus will return in the same way they saw him go unless he did not float up into the sky?

He was lifted up, singled out, and they lost sight of him in the clouds, clouds being a known metaphor for crowds of people and controversy.

He disappeared in the clouds of controversy, he is a good man, he is a glutton and a drunk, he is the Messiah, he is possessed, he is the Prophet, he is leading people astray, he is the righteous one, we know this man is a sinner, he is insane, no insane person could speak that way, etc., etc,....he will return in these same clouds.

Those poor blinded lost souls that try to deny the Eternal Truth OF GOD'S WORD are left with nothing but man's silly,ignorant ideas and satan's lies!!! and you???

That is what you call it, it is not a word Jesus ever uses, nor do I. My responsibility is to follow Jesus, not you, or whatever passing theologian has to say as they twist or distort or distract or add to what Jesus says.

Sher, aside from the fact that everything attributed to Jesus was hearsay, shouldn't you be over on the other thread attacking Israel? Something I'm sure jesus would have approved of.

He was lifted up, singled out, and they lost sight of him in the clouds before he was "taken up into heaven', a euphemism for his death, clouds being a known metaphor for crowds of people and controversy.

easy big fella far too much astute observation for this crowd!

After living almost 61 years, I have yet to meet someone worthy of being raptured. Unless God is far more forgiving than any "so called" Christian on this forum, heaven is going to be totally empty. When Jesus said that, "there are none good but the Father" he was including himself. And Jesus said that anyone who condemns someone else, condemns themselves. Matthew 7:1-2

Ephesians 2:8 ►
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith--and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--

After rapture day and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to god! Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your lord and savior though after the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not wise up and be saved now????

It has been 375 days since you posted this. I guess your version of "Anyday now" is pretty much open ended? Could be tomorrow and it could be 100 years from now?

I think I will use the accuracy of this prediction as the yardstick by which I measure your other statements.

After rapture day and you are left behind will you believe then??? Will you remember this post on that day??? Millions of believers will have vanished,what will you think??? What will you say??? What will you do???? Your only chance is to call out to god! Repent and confess your sins,accept jesus as your lord and savior though after the rapture the anti-christ will try to hunt you down and kill you!!! Why not wise up and be saved now???? ANYDAY = FROM TODAY TO THE END OF 2015. IMHO.

Yo..............GISMYS......................don't you think that if we were left behind, we'd already know it?

Oh..................wait.....................we may have been left, you're still here posting your same bullshit.

So.....................do we get extra points in the Rapture (or the Revelation) if we listen to the same crap that has been spewing for centuries?

I mean......................you just posted, (and I'm sure you're going to post again)..............did the Rapture really pick you up?

Yo..............GISMYS......................don't you think that if we were left behind, we'd already know it?

Oh..................wait.....................we may have been left, you're still here posting your same bullshit.

So.....................do we get extra points in the Rapture (or the Revelation) if we listen to the same crap that has been spewing for centuries?

I mean......................you just posted, (and I'm sure you're going to post again)..............did the Rapture really pick you up?

Can't you just see the look on GISMY's face, when realizes that the REAL Christians got taken, and he's still here? He'll be saying, "But didn't I cast out demons in your name, and didn't prophecy in your name?"

Can't you just see the look on GISMY's face, when realizes that the REAL Christians got taken, and he's still here? He'll be saying, "But didn't I cast out demons in your name, and didn't prophecy in your name?"

Scoffers will come in the last days, walking according to their own lusts, 4 and saying, “Where is the promise of His coming? For since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of creation.” 5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

8 But, beloved, do not forget this one thing, that with the Lord one day is as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day. 9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some count slackness, but is longsuffering toward us, not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance. AND YOU??
2 peter 3:3-9

Forum List

Back