Re: Trump & Muslims -- Democrats, what SHOULD we be doing?

No one is treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. If they are it is a very small few.
There is more hatred of Jews in this country than Muslims.
That is political rhetoric from the left and media.
This is about all Americans being safe not anti Muslim.
People are sick to death of being treated like children who can't discern the difference between radical Muslims and peaceful Muslims.
Trump is one of those that cannot.

Cannot what?
He wants to do what most of the European countries are starting to do.
It is about safety not anti Muslim.
Discern the difference between radical muslims and peaceful muslims. Do you read your own posts?

Even the peaceful Muslims knows the difference and they call them radical Muslims.
And yet Trump cannot discern the difference.

Sure he can.

How does one discern who is radical and who is peaceful?.
Well, outside of the obvious - when they act - there's no way to know.

So we have to change hearts & minds, and that includes both ends of our political spectrum and (probably most importantly) what is preached within the religion itself. That would require their cooperation.

Good point, one which goes over the head of those who blindly applaud Trump. Peace loving American citizens who happen to be Muslims have reportedly notified authorities of potential attacks in our Country.

The more Trump and the fools who support him parrot hate and fear of the entire Muslim Community, the more insular they will become, and the less willing to come forward as the bond of trust is destroyed.

Discern the difference between radical muslims and peaceful muslims. Do you read your own posts?

Even the peaceful Muslims knows the difference and they call them radical Muslims.

In a line-up, could they or you pick the one who plans Jihad?

Q. How can we identify the next mass shooter?
A. A white male

[for the record I'm a white male]

Oh Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!
Use some common sense.
We are not talking about guessing.

What are you talking about? If you're not guessing, how do you know who is a Jihadist and who is a peaceful member of Islam?

When the evidence comes in to prove it.

So you believe in all followers of Islam are innoncent until proven guilty? I doubt that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

Who knows what Trump's recent comments about Muslims will do to his campaign. He's said so many inflammatory things at this point, and been forgiven for them, that the damage caused is impossible to predict.

Many of his "inflammatory" remarks reflect what many Americans are thinking, and thus far have increased his lead.

I believe were he not in the race, his GOP opponents would be agreeing with him. Since the establishment is trying to take him out, they give lip service to opposition.
Ted Cruz ‘Disagrees’ With Trump Muslim Ban, But Won’t Criticize Him For It
Part of that reason is because Cruz is in a precarious position....he will NEED those Trump supporters to win the the National election and to win the primary if for some reason Trump drops out or goes to a third party or whatever.... he can NOT alienate the Trump supporters so he can not come down hard on Trump.... there is a little more than 1/3 of republicans supporting Trump, then there is, 2/3's who are not....once the race dwindles down to a few candidates, it could be any of those less than a handful, that will win....

A. A white male

Oh Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!
Use some common sense.

What are you talking about? If you're not guessing, how do you know who is a Jihadist and who is a peaceful member of Islam?

So you believe in all followers of Islam are innoncent until proven guilty? I doubt that, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt.

I believe what our own State Dept. and FBI say that Jihadists can and will hide among refugees.
Most are peaceful but we need to vet out the bad apples.
You have some that want Jihad, some who want sharia and some who want to marry western women and make lots of kids who will be raised Muslim. The goal for all of them with that mind set, is to make the whole world Muslim.
We need to fix some of our visa's because the woman on that marriage visa sure slipped though the cracks.
Like Trump said, put it on hold till we find out what the hell is going on.

Who knows what Trump's recent comments about Muslims will do to his campaign. He's said so many inflammatory things at this point, and been forgiven for them, that the damage caused is impossible to predict.

So, a question for lefties:

If you were President, what exactly would you do to address the possibility of domestic terrorism by (insert your name for domestic jihadists here)?

I understand what you would NOT do, and the arguments I've seen are reasonable and valid.

But what would you do?
We should be doing exactly what we are doing now because it's working.
The Islamic terrorist scare is so overblown. The chance of dying at the hands of an Islamic terrorist is less than 1 in 10 million in the US. People like Trump have got millions of Americans willing to destroy the principals on which this country was created in the name of security. The greatest danger we face is not from terrorists but from ourselves.
I've gotten this answer a few times now, so I'll assume this is pretty much the consensus. I think it's possible that you're right, that the threat is overblown somewhat. And not just by the predictable folks in the conservative media, but by the general media as well. Ratings, ratings, ratings.

What concerns me right now, though, is the wild card, and that's the influence of ISIS. It "feels" (who knows how accurate that is) like the threat is intensifying because of them and their resources. That does concern me and I do think the threat in general has increased because of them.

I think we can do more, a more comprehensive approach, and without any changes in immigration. My long and painfully tedious idea is here, at Post 191: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

Thanks for the civil response!
Excluding all the Trump nonsense, I really have no idea what can be done. You know Homeland Security doesn't share much with the public as to the details of their operations which is probably a good thing.

I saw on facebook a mention of 25,000 US operatives at home and abroad working for the CIA and the FBI, exclusively on terrorism. I haven't found anything that confirms that number, however I do know both the FBI and CIA are both vigorously trying to recruit Muslims.

If you were President, what exactly would you do to address the possibility of domestic terrorism by (insert your name for domestic jihadists here)?

I understand what you would NOT do, and the arguments I've seen are reasonable and valid.

But what would you do?
The Islamic terrorist scare is so overblown. The chance of dying at the hands of an Islamic terrorist is less than 1 in 10 million in the US. People like Trump have got millions of Americans willing to destroy the principals on which this country was created in the name of security. The greatest danger we face is not from terrorists but from ourselves.
Yep....thousands of people have died on American soil at the hands of terrorists. As long as the odds of your selfish ass dying never go up too much, you're content.
It's some consolation that you feel you can hide from the problem......because you feel your number will never be picked.

The people that are needlessly slaughtered?

Fuck them, right?

Oh,.....just fyi, these assholes were planning on taking down a school, but the hothead little shits decided to give in to their anger and shoot up a government building instead because they couldn't wait.
The fact is and I'm sure you know it, the number of deaths at the hands of Islamic terrorist in the US since 911 is incredibly small. The numbers don't justify Trump's proposals. Even if there were a thousand times as many deaths due to Islamic terrorist attacks, it would still not justify punishing the many for the crimes of the few.
2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19

How does one discern who is radical and who is peaceful?.
Well, outside of the obvious - when they act - there's no way to know.

So we have to change hearts & minds, and that includes both ends of our political spectrum and (probably most importantly) what is preached within the religion itself. That would require their cooperation.

Good point, one which goes over the head of those who blindly applaud Trump. Peace loving American citizens who happen to be Muslims have reportedly notified authorities of potential attacks in our Country.

The more Trump and the fools who support him parrot hate and fear of the entire Muslim Community, the more insular they will become, and the less willing to come forward as the bond of trust is destroyed.
Seems like they would realize that dynamic already exists in the Black community because of destroyed trust in the system.

A. A white male

Oh Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!
Use some common sense.

I believe what our own State Dept. and FBI say that Jihadists can and will hide among refugees.
Most are peaceful but we need to vet out the bad apples.
You have some that want Jihad, some who want sharia and some who want to marry western women and make lots of kids who will be raised Muslim. The goal for all of them with that mind set, is to make the whole world Muslim.
We need to fix some of our visa's because the woman on that marriage visa sure slipped though the cracks.
Like Trump said, put it on hold till we find out what the hell is going on.

I have no doubt some Jihadists will attempt to infiltrate with refuges, and that some native born Americans want to harm other Americans too.

We need to tighten the rules on gun sales, and sales of explosives materials and their precursors. The first hurdle is the Second A. and those who put the rights of gun owners over the security of the entire nation.

But what would you do?
Yep....thousands of people have died on American soil at the hands of terrorists. As long as the odds of your selfish ass dying never go up too much, you're content.
It's some consolation that you feel you can hide from the problem......because you feel your number will never be picked.

Fuck them, right?

Oh,.....just fyi, these assholes were planning on taking down a school, but the hothead little shits decided to give in to their anger and shoot up a government building instead because they couldn't wait.
The fact is and I'm sure you know it, the number of deaths at the hands of Islamic terrorist in the US since 911 is incredibly small. The numbers don't justify Trump's proposals. Even if there were a thousand times as many deaths due to Islamic terrorist attacks, it would still not justify punishing the many for the crimes of the few.
2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
What punishment are you talking about?

But what would you do?

Fuck them, right?

2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
Trump's proposed ban on Muslims entering the country.

But what would you do?

Fuck them, right?

2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
A ban isn't a punishment.....and he didn't propose a ban. Just a shutdown of the process until serious problems in the process can be addressed.

Fuck them, right?

2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
A ban isn't a punishment.....and he didn't propose a ban. Just a shutdown of the process until serious problems in the process can be addressed.
Trump's comments opened the door for the usual suspects to run with the "they think all Muslims are terrorists" lie/deflection.

Watch the media. The meme is to infer that all Republicans want to ban all Muslims forever.

It's impossible to have an honest conversation in this climate.

Fuck them, right?

2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
Obama suggested punishing everyone just because two assholes decided to kill a bunch of people over a Christmas party. He wants to take away our guns. He also made everyone remove Christmas from the Christmas party announcements in the federal government. We have to call them Holiday Parties now.

I figure that inconveniencing a few Muslims is a small price to pay for preventing Jihadists freedom of movement.

One would imagine an independent would post his plan....seeing as how he (allegedly) has no allegiance to either major party...

Strange that the supposed "independents" on this thread are hesitant to tip their hand while asking others to do the same.
I remain amazed how far up in your heads I exist.

Happy to do it again, Post 191: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No doubt, since it's not simplistic and one-sided, you won't like it.

No one on this board posts more independent, original thought and ideas than ol' Mac.

Not even close.

amazing. you are only slightly less redundant than the muppet who only posts "says the far left drone"...

I'm not a Democrat...but I've got some thoughts on this one.

First, we ought to stop giving ISIS what it wants. ISIS wants Americans to fear them....and that is exactly what many have done. I suggest that we stop doing that and recognize that American citizens have never been safer in our entire history.

A natural side product of losing the fear of ISIS will be that we will stop treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. That will help prevent some from becoming radicalized in the future and make groups like ISIS less of a threat.

Remain vigilant. Fighting terrorism is a police matter. Intelligence and police work....in cooperation with our Muslim allies will win the day.

I have no problem with adding some security measures to our various waiver visa programs. Seems reasonable.

Earmuffs, bitch.

I'll bump this so that Mac isn't just seeing what RWers post. He's got most "lefties" on ignore.

One would imagine an independent would post his plan....seeing as how he (allegedly) has no allegiance to either major party...

Strange that the supposed "independents" on this thread are hesitant to tip their hand while asking others to do the same.
I remain amazed how far up in your heads I exist.

Happy to do it again, Post 191: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No doubt, since it's not simplistic and one-sided, you won't like it.

No one on this board posts more independent, original thought and ideas than ol' Mac.

Not even close.

amazing. you are only slightly less redundant than the muppet who only posts "says the far left drone"...

First, we ought to stop giving ISIS what it wants. ISIS wants Americans to fear them....and that is exactly what many have done. I suggest that we stop doing that and recognize that American citizens have never been safer in our entire history.

A natural side product of losing the fear of ISIS will be that we will stop treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. That will help prevent some from becoming radicalized in the future and make groups like ISIS less of a threat.

Remain vigilant. Fighting terrorism is a police matter. Intelligence and police work....in cooperation with our Muslim allies will win the day.

I have no problem with adding some security measures to our various waiver visa programs. Seems reasonable.

Earmuffs, bitch.

I'll bump this so that Mac isn't just seeing what RWers post. He's got most "lefties" on ignore.
Five, I think.

Is that "most"?

Why can't you folks just be honest?

Your head would not explode, I swear.

Last edited:
Man, I'm really in their heads.

This was never my intent, I swear.

Earmuffs, bitch.

Either that....or he chooses not to respond to them anymore.

I understand completely.

Earmuffs, bitch.

Either that....or he chooses not to respond to them anymore.

I understand completely.
The creepy thing is how often I make points and then they jump in to make things nasty and personal.

Sure, it illustrates to me how effective my posts are, but damn, is that really necessary?

:laugh:

Forum List

Back