Re: Trump & Muslims -- Democrats, what SHOULD we be doing?

I'm not a Democrat...but I've got some thoughts on this one.

First, we ought to stop giving ISIS what it wants. ISIS wants Americans to fear them....and that is exactly what many have done. I suggest that we stop doing that and recognize that American citizens have never been safer in our entire history.

A natural side product of losing the fear of ISIS will be that we will stop treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. That will help prevent some from becoming radicalized in the future and make groups like ISIS less of a threat.

Remain vigilant. Fighting terrorism is a police matter. Intelligence and police work....in cooperation with our Muslim allies will win the day.

I have no problem with adding some security measures to our various waiver visa programs. Seems reasonable.

Earmuffs, bitch.

No one is treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. If they are it is a very small few.
There is more hatred of Jews in this country than Muslims.
That is political rhetoric from the left and media.
This is about all Americans being safe not anti Muslim.
People are sick to death of being treated like children who can't discern the difference between radical Muslims and peaceful Muslims.
Trump is one of those that cannot.

Cannot what?
He wants to do what most of the European countries are starting to do.
It is about safety not anti Muslim.
Discern the difference between radical muslims and peaceful muslims. Do you read your own posts?

We currently have a vetting system of more than 20 levels and it takes 2 years.

Drumpf actually said what he would do is ask if you're Muslim. If you answer yes, you don't get in.

So, of course, the RWNJs agree with Drumpf's "plan".

:uhoh3:
So just stay the course with what we're doing now?

That would decrease the threat of terrorism here?
Obama is busy removing safeguards and increasing the threat.
Any more attacks and everyone will be coming over to Trumps way of thinking.....except terrorists and their support base here in America.
Any more attacks and what worries me is that we'll then see attacks on innocent Muslims and mosques.

Cooler heads had better prevail here pretty soon.
I don't think that's a problem because Islamic terrorism is political as well as religious in nature. They would create too many enemies instead of winning support. Part of the reason ISIS is effective in Iraq is because they have Sunni support.

Last edited:
One would imagine an independent would post his plan....seeing as how he (allegedly) has no allegiance to either major party...

Strange that the supposed "independents" on this thread are hesitant to tip their hand while asking others to do the same.

One would imagine an independent would post his plan....seeing as how he (allegedly) has no allegiance to either major party...

Strange that the supposed "independents" on this thread are hesitant to tip their hand while asking others to do the same.
He linked to it. The main point was to stop being PC. If no one is PC, the terrorists will fold up their tents and go home.

He linked to it. The main point was to stop being PC. If no one is PC, the terrorists will fold up their tents and go home.

Hilarious.

I remain amazed how far up in your heads I exist.

Happy to do it again, Post 191: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No doubt, since it's not simplistic and one-sided, you won't like it.

No one on this board posts more independent, original thought and ideas than ol' Mac.

Not even close.

Drumpf actually said what he would do is ask if you're Muslim. If you answer yes, you don't get in.

Any more attacks and everyone will be coming over to Trumps way of thinking.....except terrorists and their support base here in America.
Any more attacks and what worries me is that we'll then see attacks on innocent Muslims and mosques.

Your fears are unfounded. If after 9/11 there were few attacks, then I believe few would occur after future attacks.

The much bigger problem is the elites are flooding the nation with Muslims and other third worlders, in the hope that violence occurs, so they can make government bigger and more oppressive.

We are already seeing that. Pull your passive aggressive head out from your ass.

Happy to do it again, Post 191: Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

No one on this board posts more independent, original thought and ideas than ol' Mac.

Not even close.

Yeah, I read it....

It reminds me of those who offer "thoughts and prayers" for shooting victims.

Unless you address weapons, nothing matters. We have just as many (I'm trying not to use a PC word) honkies and pasties wasting people as we have rag heads and turban cowboys (there happy). Turning insane people loose in the world's biggest candy store--the 2nd Amendment Gun Shop on every street corner in the USA--is a recipe for continued multiple and mass shootings.

Not even close.

If he doesn't say so himself. What a fucking joke.

Not even close.

MAC is more independent than most. He's a caveman who left the GOP cave by a few meters. But, yeah, he's nowhere near the beacon of purity he gives himself credit for. That he criticizes "partisans" when he so clearly is one is especially delicious.

I'm not a Democrat...but I've got some thoughts on this one.

First, we ought to stop giving ISIS what it wants. ISIS wants Americans to fear them....and that is exactly what many have done. I suggest that we stop doing that and recognize that American citizens have never been safer in our entire history.

A natural side product of losing the fear of ISIS will be that we will stop treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. That will help prevent some from becoming radicalized in the future and make groups like ISIS less of a threat.

Remain vigilant. Fighting terrorism is a police matter. Intelligence and police work....in cooperation with our Muslim allies will win the day.

I have no problem with adding some security measures to our various waiver visa programs. Seems reasonable.

Earmuffs, bitch.

No one is treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. If they are it is a very small few.
There is more hatred of Jews in this country than Muslims.
That is political rhetoric from the left and media.
This is about all Americans being safe not anti Muslim.
People are sick to death of being treated like children who can't discern the difference between radical Muslims and peaceful Muslims.
Trump is one of those that cannot.

Cannot what?
He wants to do what most of the European countries are starting to do.
It is about safety not anti Muslim.
Discern the difference between radical muslims and peaceful muslims. Do you read your own posts?

A better question would be to tell us the difference between radical muslims and radical white christians.

Not even close.

MAC is more independent than most. He's a caveman who left the GOP cave by a few meters. But, yeah, he's nowhere near the beacon of purity he gives himself credit for. That he criticizes "partisans" when he so clearly is one is especially delicious.
Yes, the binary thought of hardcore partisan ideologues. No matter what the facts show, if he's not on "my side" completely, he must be against me.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy is not a partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy is someone who chooses to think for themselves.

Nope.....they'll just move on to easier targets. Wherever they're welcomed they will make their home....and eventually murder or displace it's current occupants.

Nope.....they'll just move on to easier targets. Wherever they're welcomed they will make their home....and eventually murder or displace it's current occupants.

Gee, kind of like the Europeans did to the Native Americans...right?

Radical homegrown Islamofacist terrorists are apprehended every fucking day for plotting to commit terrorist attacks within the US. That's right. Every day.
The MSM will not cover the arrests for obvious reasons. There are thousands of agents working 24/7 to prevent more mass murders.
Ya. The fucking sky IS falling! It's raining jihadists.

Not even close.

Yes, the binary thought of hardcore partisan ideologues. No matter what the facts show, if he's not on "my side" completely, he must be against me.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy is not a partisan ideologue from the "other side". They're easy.

A partisan ideologue's biggest enemy is someone who chooses to think for themselves.

If you could point to a single case of me ignoring a verifiable fact, you'd have done so already. Thus far... you have not.

I am more of an independent thinker than you Mac. Not even close.

Earmuffs, bitch.

We are already seeing that. Pull your passive aggressive head out from your ass.
Nothing to fear from Muslims.

A lot to fear from those crazed right wing Christian Americans.

Leftist think.

Forum List

Back