Re: Trump & Muslims -- Democrats, what SHOULD we be doing?

I'm not a Democrat...but I've got some thoughts on this one.

First, we ought to stop giving ISIS what it wants. ISIS wants Americans to fear them....and that is exactly what many have done. I suggest that we stop doing that and recognize that American citizens have never been safer in our entire history.

A natural side product of losing the fear of ISIS will be that we will stop treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. That will help prevent some from becoming radicalized in the future and make groups like ISIS less of a threat.

Remain vigilant. Fighting terrorism is a police matter. Intelligence and police work....in cooperation with our Muslim allies will win the day.

I have no problem with adding some security measures to our various waiver visa programs. Seems reasonable.

Earmuffs, bitch.

I'll bump this so that Mac isn't just seeing what RWers post. He's got most "lefties" on ignore.
Either that....or he chooses not to respond to them anymore.

I understand completely.
The creepy thing is how often I make points and then they jump in to make things nasty and personal.

Sure, it illustrates to me how effective my posts are, but damn, is that really necessary?

:laugh:
The problem with many of them is they have so many sources to access that are full of half-truths and outright lies.....and they're all official government approved sources.
So you're basically pissing on their fantasy.

First, we ought to stop giving ISIS what it wants. ISIS wants Americans to fear them....and that is exactly what many have done. I suggest that we stop doing that and recognize that American citizens have never been safer in our entire history.

A natural side product of losing the fear of ISIS will be that we will stop treating all Muslims like they are violent extremists. That will help prevent some from becoming radicalized in the future and make groups like ISIS less of a threat.

Remain vigilant. Fighting terrorism is a police matter. Intelligence and police work....in cooperation with our Muslim allies will win the day.

I have no problem with adding some security measures to our various waiver visa programs. Seems reasonable.

Earmuffs, bitch.

I'll bump this so that Mac isn't just seeing what RWers post. He's got most "lefties" on ignore.

I understand completely.
The creepy thing is how often I make points and then they jump in to make things nasty and personal.

Sure, it illustrates to me how effective my posts are, but damn, is that really necessary?

The problem with many of them is they have so many sources to access that are full of half-truths and outright lies.....and they're all official government approved sources.
What's just as fascinating is the way they manage to "not see" all the positions I have with which they agree. Which is more than half, I'd guess.

I've so effectively gored their theology, their precious PC sacred cow, that they just can't get past it.

Always interesting to observe.

If you were President, what exactly would you do to address the possibility of domestic terrorism by (insert your name for domestic jihadists here)?

I understand what you would NOT do, and the arguments I've seen are reasonable and valid.

But what would you do?

1) Add people on the "Terror Watch LIst" to the prohibited from buying guns list.

2) Use CIA resources to disrupt and disable Jihadist websites. Clearly, Farook was able to meet his wife and get radicalized by reading Jihadist websites that got him fired up.

3) Stop listening to the Zionists on Syria. Join with the Russians in backing the Assad Regime to Crush ISIS and Al-Nusra. Maybe get some kind of amnesty for the Free Syrian Army, but basically, we've thrown other useful idiots under the bus and these guys weren't even useful. The sooner ISIS is crushed, the quicker

4) Let Iran have a Free Hand in IRaq in fighting ISIS on that front.

5) Start in a long range plan to disengage from the Middle East. The reason why we come under attack is because we are seen as taking sides.

Earmuffs, bitch.

I understand completely.

What's just as fascinating is the way they manage to "not see" all the positions I have with which they agree. Which is more than half, I'd guess.

I've so effectively gored their theology, their precious PC sacred cow, that they just can't get past it.

Not true. I see the areas where we agree. It is probably more like 60-70% of the issues. You aren't a hopeless idiot. You've got a degree of intellect and can find your way to the correct side of many issues.

Therefore.....there must be some other reason why we fail to get along.

What do you think that is?

Hint: It's your very lame and passive aggressive nature. Your personality is shit.

Earmuffs!

I understand completely.

Not true. I see the areas where we agree. It is probably more like 60-70% of the issues. You aren't a hopeless idiot. You've got a degree of intellect and can find your way to the correct side of many issues.

Therefore.....there must be some other reason why we fail to get along.

What do you think that is?

Hint: It's your very lame and passive aggressive nature. Your personality is shit.

Earmuffs!

He really would be well served not to have you on ignore...

We should be doing exactly what we are doing now because it's working.
The Islamic terrorist scare is so overblown. The chance of dying at the hands of an Islamic terrorist is less than 1 in 10 million in the US. People like Trump have got millions of Americans willing to destroy the principals on which this country was created in the name of security. The greatest danger we face is not from terrorists but from ourselves.
Yep....thousands of people have died on American soil at the hands of terrorists. As long as the odds of your selfish ass dying never go up too much, you're content.
It's some consolation that you feel you can hide from the problem......because you feel your number will never be picked.

The people that are needlessly slaughtered?

Fuck them, right?

Oh,.....just fyi, these assholes were planning on taking down a school, but the hothead little shits decided to give in to their anger and shoot up a government building instead because they couldn't wait.
The fact is and I'm sure you know it, the number of deaths at the hands of Islamic terrorist in the US since 911 is incredibly small. The numbers don't justify Trump's proposals. Even if there were a thousand times as many deaths due to Islamic terrorist attacks, it would still not justify punishing the many for the crimes of the few.
2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
What punishment are you talking about?
Trump's proposed ban on Muslims entering the country.
A ban isn't a punishment.....and he didn't propose a ban. Just a shutdown of the process until serious problems in the process can be addressed.
You're playing word games, a ban or shutting down the process, all equates to punishing people who have done nothing wrong. And how is he going to determine if a person is a Muslim?
He's going to ask them at the boarder crossing. :cuckoo:

If you were President, what exactly would you do to address the possibility of domestic terrorism by (insert your name for domestic jihadists here)?

I understand what you would NOT do, and the arguments I've seen are reasonable and valid.

But what would you do?

1) Add people on the "Terror Watch LIst" to the prohibited from buying guns list.

2) Use CIA resources to disrupt and disable Jihadist websites. Clearly, Farook was able to meet his wife and get radicalized by reading Jihadist websites that got him fired up.

3) Stop listening to the Zionists on Syria. Join with the Russians in backing the Assad Regime to Crush ISIS and Al-Nusra. Maybe get some kind of amnesty for the Free Syrian Army, but basically, we've thrown other useful idiots under the bus and these guys weren't even useful. The sooner ISIS is crushed, the quicker

4) Let Iran have a Free Hand in IRaq in fighting ISIS on that front.

5) Start in a long range plan to disengage from the Middle East. The reason why we come under attack is because we are seen as taking sides.
I agree with most of your points but I'm not sure what you mean by "Let Iran have a Free Hand in Iraq in fighting ISIS on that front".

Yep....thousands of people have died on American soil at the hands of terrorists. As long as the odds of your selfish ass dying never go up too much, you're content.
It's some consolation that you feel you can hide from the problem......because you feel your number will never be picked.

The people that are needlessly slaughtered?

Fuck them, right?

Oh,.....just fyi, these assholes were planning on taking down a school, but the hothead little shits decided to give in to their anger and shoot up a government building instead because they couldn't wait.
The fact is and I'm sure you know it, the number of deaths at the hands of Islamic terrorist in the US since 911 is incredibly small. The numbers don't justify Trump's proposals. Even if there were a thousand times as many deaths due to Islamic terrorist attacks, it would still not justify punishing the many for the crimes of the few.
2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
A ban isn't a punishment.....and he didn't propose a ban. Just a shutdown of the process until serious problems in the process can be addressed.
You're playing word games, a ban or shutting down the process, all equates to punishing people who have done nothing wrong. And how is he going to determine if a person is a Muslim?
It can be assumed by their country of origin. If they claim they're Christian, ask them to wipe their ass with the Quran.

2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
It can be assumed by their country of origin. If they claim they're Christian, ask them to wipe their ass with the Quran.
Yes, you could use country of origin but Trump said just ask them if they are Muslim at the boarder. If they are Muslim, they don't get in, simple and easy and crazy like most Trump ideas.
The problem with using country of Origin is that there are large numbers of Muslims in many countries like India, 178 million and Indonesia, 208 million. You could block all Middle Eastern countries but they constitute only about 25% of the world population of Muslims.

What no one seems to have noticed is that Trump's plan would have little impact on the Islamic terrorist attacks in the US because most of these attacks have been perpetrated by US citizens or permanent residents which would be excluded from his ban.

Last edited:
I agree with most of your points but I'm not sure what you mean by "Let Iran have a Free Hand in Iraq in fighting ISIS on that front".

I mean exactly that. We accept the fact that Iran will dominate Iraq, or at least the Shi'ite parts of it.
I agree with your other points but not Iran charging into Iraq. Iran is providing technical advisers to Iraq and weapons to the Kurds but there is no way Iraq would open it's boarder to the Iranian military. That would just start another bloody war that would probably pull in the US.

2002 17
2003 1
2004 1
2005 0
2006 3
2007 0
2008 3
2009 19
2010 5
2011 4
2012 2
2013 5
2014 7
2014 19
Thats a dumb suggestion. I dont believe in any religion but I wouldnt wipe my ass with any holy book.

Yes, you could use country of origin but Trump said just ask them if they are Muslim at the boarder. If they are Muslim, they don't get in, simple and easy and crazy like most Trump ideas.
The problem with using country of Origin is that there are large numbers of Muslims in many countries like India, 178 million and Indonesia, 208 million. You could block all Middle Eastern countries but they constitute only about 25% of the world population of Muslims.

What no one seems to have noticed is that Trump's plan would have little impact on the Islamic terrorist attacks in the US because most of these attacks have been perpetrated by US citizens or permanent residents which would be excluded from his ban.
He said don't let Muslims back in....citizens or not.

He said don't let Muslims back in....citizens or not.
His first statements banned all Muslim entry. They he said the ban would not include American citizens, diplomats, service men, and some other group. Then he seem to reverse himself by saying all Muslims would be banned. Like most of his crazy statement he hasn't thought it thru. Not that any of this is of any importance. No one is going remember what he said, not even Trump. Since he doesn't publish his stand on his web, he changes it with every interview.

Trump Camp Contradicts Itself On Whether Muslim Ban Covers US Citizens

"Trump Camp Contradicts Itself On Whether Muslim Ban Covers US Citizens"

The notion of excluding Muslims in any capacity predicated solely on who they are is unmitigated ignorance and bigotry; it’s as idiotic as disallowing Christians from entering the country because of Charleston and Colorado Springs.

I mean exactly that. We accept the fact that Iran will dominate Iraq, or at least the Shi'ite parts of it.
This is what started this bloody mess in the first place. None of the other actors in the region are willing to accept the Shia expansion that was set in motion by the neocon's war in Iraq.

I would add to your earlier list that we need to rethink our alignment with the Saudis and begin sanctions on them. We can start by adding Yasin al-Qadi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia back to whatever terrorist list will freeze his assets. This guy has been tied to Erdogan of Turkey and implicated in funding ISIS terrorist training camps in Turkey, and has a very long history of funding Al Qaeda.

Americans need to wake up to the realities that the US government supports terrorism, it has for a very long time, and is a huge factor in promoting the dangers we face here at home. We are arming and training the ideology that so many here in the US fear. The understanding of this simple reality would go a long way to addressing the OP.

Last edited:
Discern the difference between radical muslims and peaceful muslims. Do you read your own posts?

Even the peaceful Muslims knows the difference and they call them radical Muslims.

In a line-up, could they or you pick the one who plans Jihad?

Q. How can we identify the next mass shooter?
A. A white male

[for the record I'm a white male]

Oh Brother !!!!!!!!!!!!
Use some common sense.
We are not talking about guessing.

What are you talking about? If you're not guessing, how do you know who is a Jihadist and who is a peaceful member of Islam?

When the evidence comes in to prove it.

PM Erdogan:
The Term ‘Moderate Islam’ Is Ugly And Offensive; There Is No Moderate Islam; Islam Is Islam.

Lol, you define what Mac is right about by how much he agrees with YOU.

roflmao

I remember a time when liberals were very open minded people and could respect an opponent even while disagreeing with them on 100% of the issues. The old William F Buckley and John Kenneth Galbraith discussions come to mind as the epitome of such.

But there are few liberals around any more, and all we have left are these Marxist dregs like yourself that are so fucking stupid and closed minded that you cant even catch a clue if it crawled up your ass.

You are not liberals, you are Marxists in libtard drag.

This is what started this bloody mess in the first place. None of the other actors in the region are willing to accept the Shia expansion that was set in motion by the neocon's war in Iraq.

I would add to your earlier list that we need to rethink our alignment with the Saudis and begin sanctions on them.

You cant do that or the Saudis will crash the US dollar.

The primary reason that there is so much demand for the US dollar and that no matter what our government does it retains value is that it is the WORLD RESERVE CURRENCY. It has that status primarily because everyone buys oil and to buy oil you have to use US dollars in the vast majority of oil producing countries. This is because of the influence the Saudis have in making the US dollar the only acceptable currency for purchasing oil.

The Saudis have recently been setting up the Chinese Yuan as an alternative to the US dollar, so if we get out of line it would be a smooth transition for the Saudis to switch the markets over to the Yuan.

Then all these countries that have been US dollars in cash in exchange for trade and buying US treasuries with them all dump all their dollar holdings on to the global markets and the US dollar collapses. They may do it slowly over time or do a fire sale; either way within two years after the Saudis do this our budget is fucked with worthless currency at high interest rates. And in all likelihood the US then goes bankrupt.

Forum List

Back