Real Racism: A History of the Democratic Party

It's shocking any african americans vote dimocrat. You'd think they'd be tripping over themselves to get to the gop.

Why?

He's either being sarcastic or stupid.

The former. It's a pretty failed thread.

I don't know if I'd say blacks were "better off" back then either. Pot was around, but narcotics were not cheap or plentiful. Perhaps some blacks were better off in a socioecon sense. Of course all unskilled labor was better off. Still, Moynihan was obviouskt correct in his concern of what welfare requirements for single family homes would do to black males being responsible for their kids. If I'm a black lawyer or doctor, I wouldn't be agreeing with the "better off" comment though.

Read the Dixiecrat Platform, with an eye to how much of it sounds like the Tea Party, and the Rand Paul crowd:

Platform of the States Rights Democratic Party
August 14, 1948

Unanimously Adopted at Oklahoma City, August 14, 1948

- 1 -

We believe that the Constitution of the United States is the greatest charter of human liberty ever conceived by the mind of man.

- 2 -

We oppose all efforts to invade or destroy the rights guaranteed by it to every citizen of this republic.

- 3 -

We stand for social and economic justice, which, we believe can be guaranteed to all citizens only by a strict adherence to our Constitution and the avoidance of any invasion or destruction of the constitutional rights of the states and individuals. We oppose the totalitarian, centralized bureaucratic government and the police nation called for by the platforms adopted by the Democratic and Republican Conventions.

- 4 -

We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race; the constitutional right to choose one's associates; to accept private employment without governmental interference, and to earn one's living in any lawful way. We oppose the elimination of segregation, the repeal of miscegenation statutes, the control of private employment by Federal bureaucrats called for by the misnamed civil rights program. We favor home-rule, local self-government and a minimum interference with individual rights.

- 5 -

We oppose and condemn the action of the Democratic Convention in sponsoring a civil rights program calling for the elimination of segregation, social equality by Federal fiat, regulations of private employment practices, voting, and local law enforcement.

- 6 -

We affirm that the effective enforcement of such a program would be utterly destructive of the social, economic and political life of the Southern people, and of other localities in which there may be differences in race, creed or national origin in appreciable numbers.

- 7 -

We stand for the check and balances provided by the three departments of our government. We oppose the usurpation of legislative functions by the executive and judicial departments. We unreservedly condemn the effort to establish in the United States a police nation that would destroy the last vestige of liberty enjoyed by a citizen.

- 8 -

We demand that there be returned to the people to whom of right they belong, those powers needed for the preservation of human rights and the discharge of our responsibility as democrats for human welfare. We oppose a denial of those by political parties, a barter or sale of those rights by a political convention, as well as any invasion or violation of those rights by the Federal Government. We call upon all Democrats and upon all other loyal Americans who are opposed to totalitarianism at home and abroad to unite with us in ignominiously defeating Harry S. Truman, Thomas E. Dewey and every other candidate for public office who would establish a Police Nation in the United States of America.

- 9 -

We, therefore, urge that this Convention endorse the candidacies of J. Strom Thurmond and Fielding H. Wright for the President

That's crazy! I literally posted the same thing one minute later! LOL

Well we can each now commend each other for being so brilliant.

Read the Dixiecrat Platform, with an eye to how much of it sounds like the Tea Party, and the Rand Paul crowd:

Platform of the States Rights Democratic Party
August 14, 1948

Unanimously Adopted at Oklahoma City, August 14, 1948

- 1 -

We believe that the Constitution of the United States is the greatest charter of human liberty ever conceived by the mind of man.

- 2 -

We oppose all efforts to invade or destroy the rights guaranteed by it to every citizen of this republic.

- 3 -

We stand for social and economic justice, which, we believe can be guaranteed to all citizens only by a strict adherence to our Constitution and the avoidance of any invasion or destruction of the constitutional rights of the states and individuals. We oppose the totalitarian, centralized bureaucratic government and the police nation called for by the platforms adopted by the Democratic and Republican Conventions.

- 4 -

We stand for the segregation of the races and the racial integrity of each race; the constitutional right to choose one's associates; to accept private employment without governmental interference, and to earn one's living in any lawful way. We oppose the elimination of segregation, the repeal of miscegenation statutes, the control of private employment by Federal bureaucrats called for by the misnamed civil rights program. We favor home-rule, local self-government and a minimum interference with individual rights.

- 5 -

We oppose and condemn the action of the Democratic Convention in sponsoring a civil rights program calling for the elimination of segregation, social equality by Federal fiat, regulations of private employment practices, voting, and local law enforcement.

- 6 -

We affirm that the effective enforcement of such a program would be utterly destructive of the social, economic and political life of the Southern people, and of other localities in which there may be differences in race, creed or national origin in appreciable numbers.

- 7 -

We stand for the check and balances provided by the three departments of our government. We oppose the usurpation of legislative functions by the executive and judicial departments. We unreservedly condemn the effort to establish in the United States a police nation that would destroy the last vestige of liberty enjoyed by a citizen.

- 8 -

We demand that there be returned to the people to whom of right they belong, those powers needed for the preservation of human rights and the discharge of our responsibility as democrats for human welfare. We oppose a denial of those by political parties, a barter or sale of those rights by a political convention, as well as any invasion or violation of those rights by the Federal Government. We call upon all Democrats and upon all other loyal Americans who are opposed to totalitarianism at home and abroad to unite with us in ignominiously defeating Harry S. Truman, Thomas E. Dewey and every other candidate for public office who would establish a Police Nation in the United States of America.

- 9 -

We, therefore, urge that this Convention endorse the candidacies of J. Strom Thurmond and Fielding H. Wright for the President

LOL, no doubt!

You seem to agree with the stereotypes they place on whites, and on blacks. So first you need to consider how they aren't racist to begin with.

You can start with Mia Love, when liberals referred to her as a "house ******."

“You cannot go to a 7-11 or Dunkin Donuts unless you have a slight Indian Accent.” –Senator Joe Biden

“You’d find these potentates from down in Africa, you know, rather than eating each other, they’d just come up and get a good square meal in Geneva.” – Fritz Hollings (D-SC)

White Supremacist David Duke endorses candidate Barron in New York's Democratic primaries:

David Duke endorses leading New York Democrat | The Daily Caller

California Teacher's Union endorses a known racist Ron Gochez for City Council

LA?s Largest Teachers? Union Endorses Racist Anti-Semite for City Council | FrontPage Magazine

• Cornel West and Janeane Garafalo – Herman Cain is a Racist, Uncle Tom
• Michael Moore – If you are over 29 and voted against Obama, you are racist.
• Charles Schumer – Republicans have “20 ways” to stop the minority vote
• Jimmy Carter – Gingrich is Racist
• James Clyburn – Gingrich Wants Poor People To Be Servants (Listen closely to the last line of the clip where he changes it from poor to African-Americans.)
• Chris Matthews – Gingrich Pronounced Juan Williams’ Name Racist (Makes the entire GOP field look like they are a bunch of racists.)
• NBC News – Romney Giving $50 To An Unemployed Woman Is Racist.

I think I just about covered it.

So setting aside the simple fact that half of your examples aren't even racism, my question to you is,

do you believe that you have provided enough examples to prove that the modern Democratic Party is in fact racist?

Do you believe you logically generalize about the entire national party based on that many examples?

If only you lived by your own set of standards you may be credible. This thread has simply turned into a hate fest. The history if the Democrat party speaks for itself. The party hasn't closed down then reopened as something else, it's the same party that has continued since its founding. The Republican party was founded as anti-slavery party, and has fought for civil rights for most of its history out of principal, not for political advantage as the Democrats sudden so-called conversion. Liberal policies have surely been a detriment to minorities in that they create a dependency on government that will eventually end up with the destruction of our country as we know it. Slavery to the federal government for all should be the liberal slogan, and Republicans aren’t much better these days. Liberal know it all’s have screwed up the natural order of things now look at us

Frederick Douglass

"Everybody has asked the question. . ."What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!"

BS. Racist dribble. And blatant lies and misrepresentations.

LOL, no doubt!

Not that I am going to do it but you two who think yourself so brilliant are just posting BS then patting each other on the back. Rather pathetic. I'll bet if you posted the platforms of the Democrat party or even the Republican party there would be similarities but with fundamental differences. There is no plank of the Tea Party that says a word about segregation it is a lie to imply there is.

Just because you two geniuses think you have invented a new way to lie doesn't make it any more brilliant.

Poet gets pwnd, seriously pwnd.

TemplarKormac seems to become a bit more aware.

buckeyes is in it for racist points, nothing else.

And we all realize that when the left and the reactionaries and the racists stay with generalities and ignore particulars, they can say the silliest things.

My job is done here.

LOL. Delusional. Do you even have a job? Jack N The Box, perhaps?

LOL, no doubt!

Not that I am going to do it but you two who think yourself so brilliant are just posting BS then patting each other on the back. Rather pathetic. I'll bet if you posted the platforms of the Democrat party or even the Republican party there would be similarities but with fundamental differences. There is no plank of the Tea Party that says a word about segregation it is a lie to imply there is.

Just because you two geniuses think you have invented a new way to lie doesn't make it any more brilliant.

Now actual facts are "BS" according to you? Who mentioned a "Tea Party plank"? The truth and facts are now a "new way to lie" according to you? Thanks for the comic relief!!!!

Last edited:
Today TR and IKE would each be a RINO and Strom Thurmond (before 1964) a leader of the Republican Party. This thread makes anyone who has read American History smile. Only a complete ignoramus would take this thread seriously,

Your only argument is to flame me. That's pretty.. unintelligent.

I didn't post an argument, I pointed out facts. TR was a Progressive, IKE a pragmatist and Thurmond a racist and a hypocrite.

And Thurmond either raped or forced sex onto the black maid in his household , as a late teen or young man, and fathered a daughter, that he not only kept a secret, but failed to acknowledge her, until late in his life, knowing the knowledge of would have wrecked his political career, built on racism and bigotry. Can everyone say "hypocrite scumbag"?

[MENTION][/MENTION]
A Democrat is a Democrat, buddy. Sorry to break that to ya!

As a Republican is a Republican, thus you and me, ol buddy, inherit Barry Goldwater and the Southern Strategy as the Dems have to inherit their racist past into the 1960s.

JAkle fuck off...you Goldwater wasnt racist, you're an ass and dishonest and you're not a republican, you dont agree with anything the republicans stand for, you wont even name one thing.

And answer these question, Jake, they're not going away
When was the last time a democrat was more conservative in a presidential election?
Name the people who switched to republican in the 60s-70s?
why did the south vote for democrats, except in landslides until 2000?
Why did the democrats keep state and local seats until the 90s?

Uh, yeah, he was.
A little information and background on HRC's *racist* hero, Barry Goldwater. - Democratic Underground

He is not the father of modern conservatism, Edmund Burke is. Must I repeat myself?

You can be wrong as many times as you like.

I'll repeat the question:

Where are the Rockefeller Republicans today?

Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, but who gives a shit, CONSERVATIUVE REPUBLICANS voted FOR CIVIL RIGHTS.......GOLDWATER VOTED FOR MORE CIVIL RIGHTS THAn LIBERALS like Fullbright, and old nword LBJ (he liked to use it)
Uh, no, he didn't.
A little information and background on HRC's *racist* hero, Barry Goldwater. - Democratic Underground

Sorry luv,

"The strategy of the State’s Rights Democratic Party failed. Truman was elected and civil rights moved forward with support from both Republicans and Democrats. This begs an answer to the question: So where did the Dixiecrats go? Contrary to legend, it makes no sense for them to join with the Republican Party whose history is replete with civil rights achievements. The answer is, they returned to the Democrat party and rejoined others such as George Wallace, Orval Faubus, Lester Maddox, and Ross Barnett. Interestingly, of the 26 known Dixiecrats (5 governors and 21 senators) only three ever became republicans: Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms and Mills E. Godwind, Jr. The segregationists in the Senate, on the other hand, would return to their party and fight against the Civil Rights acts of 1957, 1960 and 1964. Republican President Dwight Eisenhower proffered the first two Acts."

Urban Legends: The Dixiecrats and The GOP « Freedoms Journal

Do all of you know what the real party name of the Dixiecrats was?

The States' Rights Democratic Party.

They were CONSERVATIVES. The Dixiecrats came into being as a direct result of Truman's integration of the military and other civil rights measures being pushed by the LIBERAL wing of the Democratic Party.

The CONSERVATIVE Dixiecrat Democrats were trying to keep the liberal wing of the Democratic party from asserting its agenda,

the civil rights agenda, that had more or less been dormant under Roosevelt.

The Red States in the modern day South were Blue States in 1948.

True. And if you need the documentation, just say so. I have it.

Sorry luv,

"The strategy of the State’s Rights Democratic Party failed. Truman was elected and civil rights moved forward with support from both Republicans and Democrats. This begs an answer to the question: So where did the Dixiecrats go? Contrary to legend, it makes no sense for them to join with the Republican Party whose history is replete with civil rights achievements. The answer is, they returned to the Democrat party and rejoined others such as George Wallace, Orval Faubus, Lester Maddox, and Ross Barnett. Interestingly, of the 26 known Dixiecrats (5 governors and 21 senators) only three ever became republicans: Strom Thurmond, Jesse Helms and Mills E. Godwind, Jr. The segregationists in the Senate, on the other hand, would return to their party and fight against the Civil Rights acts of 1957, 1960 and 1964. Republican President Dwight Eisenhower proffered the first two Acts."

Urban Legends: The Dixiecrats and The GOP « Freedoms Journal

The Red States in the modern day South were Blue States in 1948.

Wow what indepth analysis......please dont bog us down with data or facts...just keep to talking points

You want facts? Here: When Republicans Were Blue and Democrats Were Red | History & Archaeology | Smithsonian Magazine

You guys as re as o funny and oblivious......you never question your leaders......youre as obidient as nazis......so libtards give us a coherent summay of your position......I doubt you can say more than one or two sentances

So setting aside the simple fact that half of your examples aren't even racism, my question to you is,

do you believe that you have provided enough examples to prove that the modern Democratic Party is in fact racist?

Do you believe you logically generalize about the entire national party based on that many examples?

If only you lived by your own set of standards you may be credible. This thread has simply turned into a hate fest. The history if the Democrat party speaks for itself. The party hasn't closed down then reopened as something else, it's the same party that has continued since its founding. The Republican party was founded as anti-slavery party, and has fought for civil rights for most of its history out of principal, not for political advantage as the Democrats sudden so-called conversion. Liberal policies have surely been a detriment to minorities in that they create a dependency on government that will eventually end up with the destruction of our country as we know it. Slavery to the federal government for all should be the liberal slogan, and Republicans aren’t much better these days. Liberal know it all’s have screwed up the natural order of things now look at us

Frederick Douglass

"Everybody has asked the question. . ."What shall we do with the Negro?" I have had but one answer from the beginning. Do nothing with us! Your doing with us has already played the mischief with us. Do nothing with us! If the apples will not remain on the tree of their own strength, if they are wormeaten at the core, if they are early ripe and disposed to fall, let them fall! I am not for tying or fastening them on the tree in any way, except by nature's plan, and if they will not stay there, let them fall. And if the Negro cannot stand on his own legs, let him fall also. All I ask is, give him a chance to stand on his own legs! Let him alone!"

BS. Racist dribble. And blatant lies and misrepresentations.

I am going to be honest with you Poet...I don't wish to live around gangs, thugs and people that cause their own problems like many within our inner-cities. So if I don't want that I don't have a right to bitch or I am evil? Many of our leaders and teachers point out how it is the destruction of the black family that is to blame for your problems, but when I point it out I am evil.

Why can't you do something or be a roll model for better? What do you want whites to do about it if you think we're the bad guys???

You can be wrong as many times as you like.

I'll repeat the question:

Where are the Rockefeller Republicans today?

Susan Collins, Olympia Snowe, but who gives a shit, CONSERVATIUVE REPUBLICANS voted FOR CIVIL RIGHTS.......GOLDWATER VOTED FOR MORE CIVIL RIGHTS THAn LIBERALS like Fullbright, and old nword LBJ (he liked to use it)
Uh, no, he didn't.

Before the civil rights it was socially acceptable for whites to be racist. So who are you to judge all whites based on it.

You guys as re as o funny and oblivious......you never question your leaders......youre as obidient as nazis......so libtards give us a coherent summay of your position......I doubt you can say more than one or two sentances

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself. You're in need of a remedial English course. It appears you didn't finish the 5th grade.

Yeah, I'll bet you booed and hissed at whitey while the King riots went down didn't you?

Or did like thinking, rational americans just shake your head at black stupidity as they burned their own neighborhoods down?

This is one topic I'll stay out of...lol

Blacks were better off as a people when they had their own community that worked. We fucked it up with integration as we want the victimhood root instead of the equal root.

Now we got a mess.

and then the white ppl burned it all to hell...

You are not a liberal on civil rights for minorities if you oppose civil rights for minorities. Fulbright might have been a liberal on a million and one issues but he was not a liberal on race.
Look at him change the subject...first it was party...next con/lib......NOW he defining people on one issue.......conservatives in the republican party voted for civil rights dumbass...doed that make them liberal?

It makes them liberal on the race issue.

Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act because he believed (wrongly) that it was unconstitutional.

States Rights was one of the main cards the segregationists played. When have Liberals ever been the standard bearers for States Rights?
Just because racists adopted it for different reasons.... it does not make the issue..inherrently racist.....pro civil rights conservatives were republicans loooooooong before1968 and continue to be to this day

Seriously, you're embarrassing yourself. You're in need of a remedial English course. It appears you didn't finish the 5th grade.

Fuck you...im typing from a phone....so go stick a dick in your ass.....did I spell that correct

Look at him change the subject...first it was party...next con/lib......NOW he defining people on one issue.......conservatives in the republican party voted for civil rights dumbass...doed that make them liberal?

It makes them liberal on the race issue.

Goldwater voted against the Civil Rights Act because he believed (wrongly) that it was unconstitutional.

States Rights was one of the main cards the segregationists played. When have Liberals ever been the standard bearers for States Rights?
Just because racists adopted it for different reasons.... it does not make the issue..inherrently racist.....pro civil rights conservatives were republicans loooooooong before1968 and continue to be to this day

Who were those allegedly "pro civil rights conservatives", William F. Buckley and George Wallace?

Forum List

Back