Regret Your Vote Yet?

I voted for Jill Stein hoping the Green Party would get the 5% needed for federally distributed public funding in the next election. I'll do the same in 2016 because the Democrats are pretty much diet Republicans at this point in time.

I have to give you credit when you can't dispute the facts you go straight for the strawman arguement .....

The facts seem to be that Obama campaigned to withdraw the troops by August 2010. Instead withdrawl wasn't completed until Dec 18 2011 in agreement with the SOFA Bush put in place in 2008.

That means that Obama followed Bush's timeline for troop withdrawl over his own.

If there are different FACTS I can't dispute, please point them out.
You ignore facts and go back to the lefts favorite pacifier blame Bush. Here are the facts. Fact one Bush negotiated a SOFA with the Iraqi government before he left office fact two when that agreement was coming to an end Obama failed to negotiate an extension of it fact three the failure to extend that agreement played a major role in the resurgence ISIS formerly known as Al-Qaeda in Iraq which has led to the current mess in the region. To paraphrase Joe Friday those are the facts sir. I can only give them to you what you choose to do with them is up to you my work here is done.

You ignore facts and go back to the lefts favorite pacifier blame Bush. Here are the facts.

...fact two when that agreement was coming to an end Obama failed to negotiate an extension of it ....

You do realize Bush's SOFA was like a divorce between Iraq and America. (total combat troop withdrawl by Dec 2011)

You claim Obama failed to save the Marriage after Bush finalized the Divorce.

Barack Obama wasn't vetted.

The media didn't do it's job.

The unfolding of events since his election have proven the truth of the warnings that the rightwing gave early on.

Remember this warning?
"The Oval Office is no place for on the job training!"

Not only was he lacking in any executive experience....but he has proven to be an ideologue with no real moral compass, as the following story reveals:

1. "Obama regrets golfing after Foley death

2. Washington (AFP) - US President Barack Obama now admits that his decision to play a vacation round of golf immediately after addressing the murder of US journalist James Foley by Islamic State, was a mistake.

3. ...he also admitted that sometimes his own performance in some of the more public rituals of the presidency was lacking.

4. "It's not something that always comes naturally to me."
Obama regrets golfing after Foley death - Yahoo News

Not the first such view of the empty suit....

5. "Obama Campaign: Vegas Fundraiser on Day After Benghazi Massacre was "Appropriate"

6. Once you have a grasp of this president's priorities, his team's responses to challenges like these are entirely predictable and expected.

7. GREGORY: “Was it inappropriate for him to go to a fundraiser the day after this attack now in retrospect knowing that it was a terrorist attack, inappropriate for him to engage in politics as usual?”
Obama Campaign Vegas Fundraiser on Day After Benghazi Massacre was Appropriate - Guy Benson

No I'm not sorry for voting for Obama twice. In fact I didn't just vote for him twice, I was a delegate for him at my state's democratic convention in both 2008 and 2012. I'm proud of that vote.

There is one vote I would change if I could. It was 1980 and the first presidential election I had ever voted. I voted for John Anderson that year. If I could go back and change it to Jimmy Carter I would.

Meanwhile while you're whining about golf and other garbage, you might want to read the article at the following link.

Obama Outperforms Reagan On Jobs, Growth And Investing

Those who deny that Reagan was a Great President were prolly not of age when he was president or are just liberal progressive loons. I was of voting age when that shithead Cater was President and saw the awesome turn around that came with the election of RR in 1980.

I was alive and adult during reagan's 8 years.

The man is a traitor to our nation. He committed treason when he sold the terrorists weapons, spare parts and technology. He violated the Boland Amendment by diverting the money down to the contras.

reagan then proceeded to protect the terrorists by trying to lie about it and cover it up.

It's treason to give weapons, spare parts and technology to our enemy who was holding our citizens as hostage.

reagan taught the terrorists that it does pay to take our citizens as hostage as long as we have a republican president.

reagan put all Americans who traveled to that area of the world at that time in great risk and danger. More hostages were taken throughout the 80s.

You can post all the rationalizations for his treason all you want. It won't make any difference. reagan was a traitor to our nation.

That's on top of nearly destroying our economy in his first couple years as president, raising taxes many times on all those who weren't rich, raided social security to the point of putting it in jeopardy, taking the national debt from around 800 billion to nearly 3 trillion dollars and exploding the budget deficit. When reagan took office America was the largest creditor nation in the world. When reagan left office America was the largest debtor nation in the world.

About the only thing that I can have any sort of respect for while reagan was president is that he signed the international torture agreement. Which the bush boy and cheney violated.

:rofl:
"Lucifer" -- the ultimate strawman. Too funny.

An attempt at face saving????

You said "...The point sailing blissfully over your pointy little head is that dredging up some obscure writer from decades ago and unilaterally declaring it to be the messiah of your opponent is a juvenile bullshit strawman and an utter failure of logic....

Yet I showed that, as usual, I am absolutely correct.

And it reveals that you've been skewered!

Uh nnnnnoooo... it reveals that you're addicted to strawmen. You've got one strawman using his book to invoke another. Hot strawman-on-strawman action.

I'll pass.

Strawman?

Nah.

Fish.

I hooked you, and reeled you in.

I showed how intimately wedded Alinsky, Obama and Hillary are.

You: "no,no, no......"
Hey, @PoliticalChic !

Pogo's MO includes hasty, unfounded retreats by claiming strawman.

Ummmm.... I already put her in her place, dood. Try to keep up.

1. "As in most prior studies, the three presidents ranked as "Great" are George Washington, Abraham Lincoln, and Franklin Roosevelt. In this survey, Ronald Reagan joins the group of "Near Great" presidents with Thomas Jefferson, Teddy Roosevelt, Andrew Jackson, Harry Truman, Dwight Eisenhower, James Polk, and Woodrow Wilson."

Rating the Presidents of the United States 1789-2000 A Survey of Scholars in History Political Science and Law Publications The Federalist Society

And what defines a great president? Sometimes it's a lot easier to find what makes a bad president. A lot of it is based on perception. When dealing with presidents from an era where everyone's dead you're dealing with History, ie, what has been written, how it's been written and so on, rather than how people based their views at the time.

So while the Bushes Obama, Clinton, Reagan etc have to deal with how people remember them, others have to deal with how historians write about them.

Reagan managed to come out of his presidency with an average to good approval rating, yet has seen his stock rise, probably because of what happened at the end of the Cold War more than anything else.

However what he is being praised for is kind of ridiculous. The Cold War was perfect for the right in America, it provided them everything they needed, the common enemy that needed to be fought that allowed for draconian measures, higher military spending and just the general "we need to be tough on this" sort of attitude that wins Republicans bums on seats. Then it became no more, Clinton had an easy ride. If anything Reagan gave Clinton a great opportunity for a higher approval rating. So why isn't Clinton "great"?
Simpy said he didn't do anything positive that will live in the memory, and isn't this what it's all about? You become a great president not because of all that you did, but because of perhaps one or two things that you did, that people remember.

2. "What did he achieve apart from the highest unemployment rate since the depression (and this still stands)?"

Are you nuts?

Beside saving the world from the Soviet Communists....The benefits from Reaganomics:

1. The economy grew at a 3.4% average rate…compared with 2.9% for the previous eight years, and 2.7% for the next eight.(Table B-4)
    2. Inflation rate dropped from 12.5% to 4.4%. (Table B-63)
    3. Unemployment fell to 5.5% from 7.1% (Table B-35)
    4. Prime interest rate fell by one-third.(Table B-73)
    5. The S & P 500 jumped 124% (Table B-95) FDsys - Browse ERP
    6. Charitable contributions rose 57% faster than inflation. Dinesh D’Souza, “Ronald Reagan: How an Ordinary May Became an Extraordinary Leader,” p. 116
No, not nuts.

The fact that he “saved the world from Communism” isn’t actually a fact, it’s a story. It’s what people say it is, rather than what it was. One man couldn’t possibly hope to take down Communism. He played a part in the downfall, that’s true, but so too did so many other people. Without Gorbachev it simply wouldn’t have happened. Also it was such a long term thing that even Gorbachev can’t be credited with totally.

And again, I point to the fact that for his own party, the end of the Cold War was not a great thing, it was a bad thing. The fact that Bush, in 2001, jumped on the chance to make a common enemy out of Islam and al Qaeda, rather than China who he’d been prodding and poking for a while, and then proceeded to make the US a far more dangerous place, and to invade and do all sorts of things, is a direct action coming from the end of the USSR.

I’m not saying it’s Reagan’s fault that Bush went down such a disastrous path, but he helped.

Yeah, the economy increased. Not hard seeing as it wasn’t in such a great place. Was this because of Reagan or was it because of many other factors that must have played a part? How much of it was due to Carter, say?

Unemployment rate fell, well, not before rising massively to the point where he has the highest unemployment rate post depression. I’m not saying this necessarily because I believe either of them did anything great, just that the impact a policy has on the economy can take a long time to have an impact.

Within a couple of years of him leaving the economy had a downturn, his fault or just the natural rise and fall of capitalism? Did his fall just happen to coincide with a natural fall? Questions that clearly need to be asked because I doubt Reagan had any clue about how the economy worked, certain not enough to be taking credit. Yes, he can be the guy who appoints people and tells them to get on with things.

It’s not abnormal for people to look at presidents in the wrong way, and to ignore a lot of the impact of polices outside of their term of office. Everything here is purely what happened when he was in charge. It’s too simple for me.

And...

3. "During this seven-year recovery, the economy grew by almost one-third, the equivalent of adding the entire economy of West Germany, the third-largest in the world at the time, to the U.S. economy. In 1984 alone real economic growth boomed by 6.8%, the highest in 50 years. Nearly 20 million new jobs were created during the recovery, increasing U.S. civilian employment by almost 20%. Unemployment fell to 5.3% by 1989.

Real per-capita disposable income increased by 18% from 1982 to 1989, meaning the American standard of living increased by almost 20% in just seven years. The poverty rate declined every year from 1984 to 1989, dropping by one-sixth from its peak. The stock market more than tripled in value from 1980 to 1990, a larger increase than in any previous decade."

Reaganomics Vs. Obamanomics Facts And Figures - Forbes

Yes, the economy grew, how much of that was what happened before? How much of it was because of what happened that Reagan didn’t have anything to do with?

You’ve used a site which compared Obama, from a 2011 perspective and Reagan. Is it so easy to compare? If Reagan had been thrown into an economic crisis as big as Obama was thrown into, and right from the start, what would have happened? Reagan came into an economy that had seen a worsening of the economy but was kind of stable, then by the end of his first year the sheet hit the fan.

Obama was thrown in straight away, he didn’t have a 9 month grace period. After 2 years Reagan was having massive problems with unemployment, far worse than Obama was having even though the economic situation was worse for Obama. However was this anything to do with either of them? Why a higher rise in unemployment for Reagan than Obama? That’s not something I can answer, it’s something I can only speculate on.

If you want to play the “in their term” game then…

Reagan started on 7.5% unemployment and finished on 5.4%, a drop of 2.1%

Obama started on 7.8% unemployment and is currently (as of August) on 6.1%, a drop of 1.7%.

Is it a fair comparison? Well we’ll have to see what happens in January, but at the same time I don’t think it even matters, things are different, the impact of Obama’s policies will not fully be seen for a while.

Reagan, most of all, was probably seen as a great President because he had the charisma to make people like him, but also he got lucky with certain things happening that he might have touched on, and they made him look good. Had they not happened then what?

Worthy thoughts. Well done. :thup:

The myth that Reagan "destroyed Communism" (as if communism had been what the soviets were doing) is basically analogous to the other myth that he "freed he Iran hostages". In both cases being in the right position while the proverbial cameras rolled. Credit by association.

When was the last time any politician you voted for lived up to your expectations?
Rudy Giuliani

The guy who, after the first World Trade Center bombing, decided to move the NYPD Command & Control . . . TO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER?????

Memo Details Objections to Command Center Site

Published: January 26, 2008

The New York Police Department produced a detailed analysis in 1998 opposing plans by the city to locate its emergency command center at the World Trade Center, but the Giuliani administration overrode those objections. The command center later collapsed from damage in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack.

“Seven World Trade Center is a poor choice for the site of a crucial command center for the top leadership of the City of New York,” a panel of police experts, which was aided by the Secret Service, concluded in a confidential Police Department memorandum.

The memorandum, which has not been previously disclosed, cited a number of “significant points of vulnerability.” Those included: the building’s public access, the center’s location on the 23rd floor, a 1,200-gallon diesel fuel supply for its generator, a large garage and delivery bays, the building’s history as a terrorist target, and its placement above and adjacent to a Consolidated Edison substation that provided much of the power for Lower Manhattan.​

I'm saying that all the wingnuts care about is optics. Not what he actually does, just how he looks doing it.

You have to be joking or clueless.

The opposition to Obama's immigration policy and the opposition to Obamacare is all about substance.
No, that's policy disagreement.

What substance was lacking because Obama played golf while on vacation?

Empathy.
Why? Because he didn't stage a photo-op?

While Obama was giving the order to kill bin Laden, he was at the Correspondents Dinner delivering a better monologue than Seth Myers, by Myers' own account.

Right after pardoning Richard Nixon - a solemn and difficult event for the country - Gerald Ford (R) went golfing with Melvin Laird.

Did Ford lack empathy?

male-tears.jpg
Very proud of my vote for Obama in both General Elections. Would do so again in a heartbeat.
Oh brother!

No, I don't regret my vote. I regret her vote and the rest of her ilk

To get a real grasp into the mindset of the far left liberal, ( some say anarchist ) watch Megyn Kelly in tonight's interview with Ward Churchill. Part two will air tomorrow night, Tuesday, same time.....9 pm Eastern. This interview is supposed to be more riveting than the one with Bill Ayers. :ack-1:
I hope she has the studio disinfected after he slithers out.
I'm setting my DVR for the next two nights. I want to study the mind of an anarchist.

Great!
Then we can note the similarities to the Lefties on the board who still support the failure in the White House!
The failure who presided over an 11,000 point increase in the DOW?

Or the failure who killed America's #1 enemy?

Or was it the failure who killed those pirates who hijacked Captain Phillip's boat?

Or was it the failure who:

• Provided $12.2 Billion in new funding for Individuals With Disabilities Education Act.
  • Extended Benefits to same-sex partners of federal employees
  • Created more private sector jobs in 2010 than during entire Bush years
  • Voluntary disclosure of White House visitors for the first time in US history
  • Appointed first Latina to the US Supreme Court
  • Signed New START Treaty - nuclear arms reduction pact with Russia
  • First president to endorse same-sex marriage equality
  • Signed the Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act, restoring basic protections against pay discrimination for women and other workers
  • Provided travel expenses to families of fallen soldiers to be on hand when the body arrives at Dover AFB
  • Reversed the policy of barring media coverage during the return of fallen soldiers to Dover Air Force Base
  • Launched recovery.gov to track spending from the Recovery Act, providing transparency and allowing the public to report fraud, waste, or abuse
  • Signed the Children's Health Insurance Reauthorization Act, which provides health care to 11 million kids -- 4 million of whom were previously uninsured
  • Issued executive order to repeal Bush era restrictions on federal funding for embryonic stem cell research
  • Developed stimulus package, which includes approx. $18 billion for nondefense scientific research and development
  • Signed the Weapons Systems Acquisition Reform Act to stop fraud and wasteful spending in the defense procurement and contracting system
  • Ended Bush administration's CIA program of 'enhanced interrogation methods' by requiring that the Army field manual be used as the guide for terrorism interrogations
  • Signed the Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, giving the FDA the authority to regulate the manufacturing, marketing, and sale of tobacco for the first time

Right after pardoning Richard Nixon - a solemn and difficult event for the country - Gerald Ford (R) went golfing with Melvin Laird.

Did Ford lack empathy?
Give it a rest, even Obama has said that playing golf after was a mistake.

A mistake in which way? A mistake because it was a PR disaster, probably more so than anything else.

Did Ford lack empathy?
Give it a rest, even Obama has said that playing golf after was a mistake.

A mistake in which way? A mistake because it was a PR disaster, probably more so than anything else.

Of course that's what I meant. And at least half of being President is LOOKING Presidential. Obama failed, yet again.

Right-Wingers care much more about style than substance. Ronald Reagan & George W. Bush are proof.
Project much?
iu
BF194231-550x597.jpg

But your side is the one with the holier than Obama attitude.

So why are you mouthing off when Bush and Reagan were as bad or worse with their photo ops?

My side? What exactly do you imagine my side is son?

When was the last time any politician you voted for lived up to your expectations?
Rudy Giuliani

The guy who, after the first World Trade Center bombing, decided to move the NYPD Command & Control . . . TO THE WORLD TRADE CENTER?????

Memo Details Objections to Command Center Site

Published: January 26, 2008

The New York Police Department produced a detailed analysis in 1998 opposing plans by the city to locate its emergency command center at the World Trade Center, but the Giuliani administration overrode those objections. The command center later collapsed from damage in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack.

“Seven World Trade Center is a poor choice for the site of a crucial command center for the top leadership of the City of New York,” a panel of police experts, which was aided by the Secret Service, concluded in a confidential Police Department memorandum.

The memorandum, which has not been previously disclosed, cited a number of “significant points of vulnerability.” Those included: the building’s public access, the center’s location on the 23rd floor, a 1,200-gallon diesel fuel supply for its generator, a large garage and delivery bays, the building’s history as a terrorist target, and its placement above and adjacent to a Consolidated Edison substation that provided much of the power for Lower Manhattan.​

actually it was the emergency command center, but okay...

^^^ This is all you've got?
4i6Ckte.gif

Once again:

The New York Police Department produced a detailed analysis in 1998 opposing plans by the city to locate its emergency command center at the World Trade Center, but the Giuliani administration overrode those objections. The command center later collapsed from damage in the Sept. 11 terrorist attack.​

Of course that's what I meant. And at least half of being President is LOOKING Presidential. Obama failed, yet again.

He failed because he's black and presidents e't black? Or he failed because the right don't like him?

I was talking about this ONE specific incident and he failed because it doesn't look very damned Presidential to go play a round of golf , high fiving our buddies with a big shit eating grin on your face 30 minutes after telling US citizens that you're sorry their son had his fucking head chopped off by a bunch of thugs.

Forum List

Back