Religion/ A crutch created by man

My bad, I thought you were one of the posters who jumps on the "Christians are big dummies" bandwagon whenever possible.

Nope. I only focus on the theists/atheist individuals who are big dummies.

Last edited:
Atheism is a crutch for those who wont try to understand things of the Spirit. Rather than put in the work to educate oneself, they choose to pretend that the spiritual side of life is non-existant.

If there was a god I'd thank him for not giving me your brain. :lol:

You are grateful to remain in ignorance and be unable to reason?

For sure Christians, just like all other people, get it wrong sometimes. But I am secure enough in my faith to believe Atheists get it a lot more wrong that do Christians however varied in their beliefs Christians might be. I am also convinced that none of us know more than a tiny fraction of all there is to know. As the Apostle Paul put it, "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known."

I think a lot of us are going to have a good laugh when we are able to know the truth about a lot of things and find out how wrong we were. But I'm just conceited enough to believe us Christians are going to be way less surprised than the Atheists. :)

For sure Christians, just like all other people, get it wrong sometimes. But I am secure enough in my faith to believe Atheists get it a lot more wrong that do Christians however varied in their beliefs Christians might be.

Get what wrong?

For sure Christians, just like all other people, get it wrong sometimes. But I am secure enough in my faith to believe Atheists get it a lot more wrong that do Christians however varied in their beliefs Christians might be.

Get what wrong?

Figure of speech, my friend. Christians are as likely to get science, environment, nutrition, economics, or gardening tips etc. as wrong as anybody else is likely to get it wrong. And Christians may accept a flawed interpretation of scripture as quickly as those who want to discredit everything in the Bible. Perhaps there are Christians who agree with the anti-religionists who try to discredit everything in the Bible.

Belief in the Bible is NOT necessary to be a Christian as Christianity is not a religion but is rather a relationship. (The processes some use to practice Christianity do create a religion.)

Also I am not dismissing the Bible as important. I, as a Christian have been instructed and informed and blessed through comprehensive Bible study and I recommend it for all who can approach it with an open mind to find truth instead of what will support their personal beliefs whatever those are.

But because there are so many different opinions on how the various scriptural passages should be interpreted, by Christians and non Christians alike, I leave open the possibility that in some cases, two people can disagree on that without either necessarily being wrong. I also am realistic to know that we all do get it totally wrong sometimes and I am pretty sure every now and then we probably have it right.

Atheism is a crutch for those who wont try to understand things of the Spirit. Rather than put in the work to educate oneself, they choose to pretend that the spiritual side of life is non-existant.

Yes, you sure are safely without a brain at all. What a lucky pirate you are!

Yes, you sure are safely without a brain at all. What a lucky pirate you are!

OK....OK....I'll add another chapter on my "The Pilot" thread... Jeeesh!!

Nice to see you too... :lol:

Anti-Christians think that they are superior because they "accept" and "understand" that we're animals and have no intrinsic value.

They think that belief, in and of itself, makes THEM superior to those who think that humans do have value, and function according to the belief that we have a purposeful and loving God who wants us to worship him, and do good to the world.

That's mighty presumptuous. How do you know? Got Link?

Anti-Christians think that they are superior because they "accept" and "understand" that we're animals and have no intrinsic value.

They think that belief, in and of itself, makes THEM superior to those who think that humans do have value, and function according to the belief that we have a purposeful and loving God who wants us to worship him, and do good to the world.

Why do Anti-Atheists believe that they are superior because they "accepted" and "believe" something that has no actual "value" in their lifetimes?

Furthermore why do Anti-Atheists believe that Atheists don't see humans as "having value" purely on their own merits?

Why do Anti-Atheists believe that they are superior because they "accepted" and "believe" something that has no actual "value" in their lifetimes?

Furthermore why do Anti-Atheists believe that Atheists don't see humans as "having value" purely on their own merits?

KG can speak for herself quite capably, but I took her post to be a 'throw back' to all those who are accusing Christians or other believers of being delusional, stupid, brainwashed, ignorant, etc. etc. etc. It is difficult to not bristle a bit and take offense at such judgments just as I'm sure the Atheists resent being told they are going to hell or some such as that.

Comprehensive Bible study, that naturally has to include other available information of those times, has strengthened my faith and has been encouraging to me in addition to being intensely interesting to me. I have worshiped with folks from the most primitive, fundamentalist country churches to the most high church cathedrals and everything in between, and I have enjoyed it all because I don't have to necessarily buy into their doctrines in order to appreciate their efforts to understand, get closer to, or please God.

Personally I don't think God probably cares much about our theology or what we do or do not believe about the Bible or how we do church unless we do it destructively and/or hypocritically. (Example: Westboro Baptists. I can't find it in my heart to believe God approves of THEIR activitiesl) I think God is much more interested in the charity and openness of our hearts and our relationship with Him. How we get there isn't of a great deal of importance.

Last edited:
Oh look, another religion bashing troll thread, in the religion forum.

That's great. You loons are really elevating the discussion with this stupid crap.

It's neither bashing nor trolling. It's an opinion. Don't be so close minded

I'm not close minded. But there are about 1500 threads in this forum of the same crap...personal opinions about why religion is just a rumor of a supreme being made up by a couple of guys who for some reason wanted to be killed in gruesome ways....and how everybody who believes is just not quite as smart as the ones who don't....

It's juvenile, repetitive, and old. You guys have taken over the religion forum with your shallow opinion that religion sucks. Okay, we get it. You don't believe in God. Whoopie. So if you don't believe, why are you compelled to say so..over, and over, and over, and over? And do you really think you're smarter than every single Christian that has ever walked the planet?

Really?????

And why are you compelled to defend religion and try to convert others for the good of their souls?

A very realistic view is that none of us have the neccessary information as to whether a 'Diety' exists or does not exist. And those that state that they are speaking for that "Diety" are all either insane, charatans, or both.

It's neither bashing nor trolling. It's an opinion. Don't be so close minded

I'm not close minded. But there are about 1500 threads in this forum of the same crap...personal opinions about why religion is just a rumor of a supreme being made up by a couple of guys who for some reason wanted to be killed in gruesome ways....and how everybody who believes is just not quite as smart as the ones who don't....

It's juvenile, repetitive, and old. You guys have taken over the religion forum with your shallow opinion that religion sucks. Okay, we get it. You don't believe in God. Whoopie. So if you don't believe, why are you compelled to say so..over, and over, and over, and over? And do you really think you're smarter than every single Christian that has ever walked the planet?

Really?????

And why are you compelled to defend religion and try to convert others for the good of their souls?

A very realistic view is that none of us have the neccessary information as to whether a 'Diety' exists or does not exist. And those that state that they are speaking for that "Diety" are all either insane, charatans, or both.

Link please for your justification for your statement here.

I don't need to calm down, but may I suggest you might want to.

Answer the question, if you please...do you REALLY think you are that much more knowledgeable than all the Christians since Christ? You really think your simplistic view blows the possibility of God out of the water?

Think again. And then peruse the religion forum, where you will see thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, of inflammatory, insulting, and offensive posts about how stupid and clueless Christians are...threads detailing (in broadbrush fashion and with a liberal dose of historical and scientific ignorance) how misled Christians are, while the naysayers, jeerers and anti-Christian scum are the zenith of sophistication, education and by golly just straight up superiority.

Anti-Christian scum. That pretty much sums up why people like you are held in contempt by non-Christians, and, in fact, by many Christians.

Many Christians make known their belief that anyone that does not believe and practice religion as they do are damned. In spite of the fact that many of those they consider damned have led exemplary lives compared to those Christians.

I believe that Ghandi said something like " I like your Christ, it is you Christians that I detest". In other words, all too many claim the mantle of Christ, but live in a manner that Christ would soundly damn. Christ gave one commandment, "Do unto others........". Christians that live by that creed are respected by those around them. As for the other kind of Christian, they are just using the concept for insurance against inevitable death, or social standing. And non-Christians quite justly have little respect for them.

Really?????

Link please for your justification for your statement here.

The statements can easily stand on their own. From Mormon missionaries to the Catholic Church, Christianity is a prosetalyzing religion.

All one has to do to see the insanity of those that know the 'mind of God' is look at the bloodshed they have unleashed throughout history in the name of God or Allah, or whatever they choose to name their Diety.

As for the knowledge about the existance of a Diety, how can we state that when we cannot even provide math that agrees with itself on the physical being of the universe we inhabit? And, while comforting to some, faith does not answer real questions.

Answer the question, if you please...do you REALLY think you are that much more knowledgeable than all the Christians since Christ? You really think your simplistic view blows the possibility of God out of the water?

Think again. And then peruse the religion forum, where you will see thread, after thread, after thread, after thread, of inflammatory, insulting, and offensive posts about how stupid and clueless Christians are...threads detailing (in broadbrush fashion and with a liberal dose of historical and scientific ignorance) how misled Christians are, while the naysayers, jeerers and anti-Christian scum are the zenith of sophistication, education and by golly just straight up superiority.

Anti-Christian scum. That pretty much sums up why people like you are held in contempt by non-Christians, and, in fact, by many Christians.

Many Christians make known their belief that anyone that does not believe and practice religion as they do are damned. In spite of the fact that many of those they consider damned have led exemplary lives compared to those Christians.

I believe that Ghandi said something like " I like your Christ, it is you Christians that I detest". In other words, all too many claim the mantle of Christ, but live in a manner that Christ would soundly damn. Christ gave one commandment, "Do unto others........". Christians that live by that creed are respected by those around them. As for the other kind of Christian, they are just using the concept for insurance against inevitable death, or social standing. And non-Christians quite justly have little respect for them.

Now waiting to see if Avg-Joe and Derideo_Te will get onto Old Rocks for being 'presumptious'. :) (You know, holding everybody to the same standard and all.)

Now waiting to see if Avg-Joe and Derideo_Te will get onto Old Rocks for being 'presumptious'. :) (You know, holding everybody to the same standard and all.)

Must be missing something here, Foxy. Old Rocks made it perfectly clear that there is a distinct difference between those who live their lives in accordance with the teachings in the bible and those who are CINOs (Christians In Name Only) who are doing it purely for the benefit of the "Get-Out-Of-Hell-Free" card that it offers to anyone with a pulse irrespective of what kind of person they are.

Forum List

Back