Religion and the greatest story ever told..

Who was Jesus Christ?

• A lunatic/madman

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A healer/teacher, but not divine

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Son of God, performed real miracles etc

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • He didn't exist

Votes: 1 5.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
And there we have the ignorant religion of science talking. Science and religion are in fact NOT incompatible at all. As a hell of a lot of scientist know since they also BELIEVE in God or Gods.

It's absurd to refer to science as a "religion". They aren't identical and I'm happy to show that's the case if called upon.

It's perfectly possible for a scientist to be religious, there's no incompatability between what a person does as a scientist and what they believe as a human being.

Wrong! Common misconception. Who is to say that my posts are not also inspired by the Holy Spirit? I am willing to bet that God is sick of his name being used for ill gotten gains.

An examination of the word "inspire" is instructive, especially since we now know a lot more about how the brain works.

Got to make this quick: Lunch break is over: Its back to work for me:

Unlike the many theories of science, which are constantly changing the error of their ways. The Word of God has never changed its purpose. In that I mean to show mankind that he is rebellious and sinful and his ways will lead him to death and eternal damnation. Only by the Mercy and Grace of God will a man be redeemed. And only through Jesus Christ "The Lamb of God" is that possible.

Some will say that after death there is no after life and this so called God is a figment of the imagination. Do you really want to bet your soul on that premise?

There you go RGS - the differences between science and religion.

Sure they will, just like they have changed their irrational stance on man made global warming. If we are to believe it as much as 42 percent of the relevent scientists believe man is causing it even though none of the claims they have made as to how or why even work.

What's the religious explanation for global climate change?

You are pretty much wrong about all that. christianity itself was a cult in the eyes of the Romans. Lutheranism was a cult in the eyes of catholics. Pentecostalism is only barely passed the cult mark. Mormonism and Jahovas witness is no different.

.... you're saying I'm right. I don't deny the fact that Christianity is a cult... as well as any of that other stuff. I was merely establishing that mainstream Christians believe Jehovahs to be a cult. That's all.

Sure they will, just like they have changed their irrational stance on man made global warming. If we are to believe it as much as 42 percent of the relevent scientists believe man is causing it even though none of the claims they have made as to how or why even work.

I think you can't handle the truth about global warming.. I don't think you could handle the responsibility that comes with knowing you are part of the PROBLEM. If you're one of these jokers still trucking around in a big ass SUV, I think you need to show a little sense..

In anticipation for the "earth heating cooling cycle" response, I realize this but global temperature isn't supposed to happen so fast you jokers. Look at the evidence, scientists believe we have accelerated the process massively.

Oh please not the "H" word! One can say that all of science is hypothetical.

How long did people believe the Earth was flat? One only had to read the Bible to know that it was spherical in design. Grammar edit. Yea its working.

So you believe gravity is hypothetical? You think medicine is hypothetical? Where do you draw the line between your delusional religious fantasies and reality?

It is interesting that the Catholic Church condemned science in it's day and forbid teachings that stated that the sun was the center of the universe and that the world was a sphere.

It is equally interesting that a majority of Evangelicals and re-born Christians all denounce the science behind global warming and denounce it at all costs.

It is interesting that the Catholic Church condemned science in it's day and forbid teachings that stated that the sun was the center of the universe and that the world was a sphere.

It is equally interesting that a majority of Evangelicals and re-born Christians all denounce the science behind global warming and denounce it at all costs.

The term cui bono? comes to mind. The Catholic Church did indeed condemn science and it did so because science was seen as a threat to its interests. But Vatican II under Blessed John XXIII, mended the fences.

The same applies to those who benefit by the outrage of Evangelicals and born-again Christians in their denial of global climate change. We know what's causing it and those who are causing it can see their interests under threat (see "Catholic Church" above). They have been able to mobilise the Evangelicals and born-agains to vote for their interests. Those oilmen in the White House didn't get there from the votes of the secular progressives.

The term cui bono? comes to mind. The Catholic Church did indeed condemn science and it did so because science was seen as a threat to its interests. But Vatican II under Blessed John XXIII, mended the fences.

The same applies to those who benefit by the outrage of Evangelicals and born-again Christians in their denial of global climate change. We know what's causing it and those who are causing it can see their interests under threat (see "Catholic Church" above). They have been able to mobilise the Evangelicals and born-agains to vote for their interests. Those oilmen in the White House didn't get there from the votes of the secular progressives.
I am not so sure they got there by legitimate votes at all.

Forum List

Back