🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

religion is just brainwashing

... Making kids religious is a form of child abuse.

What you say here shows to me that there's indeed not a big distance between intentional ignorance and a criminal behavior. Buy a good book about developmental psychology and take a look what's written there for example about "magic age". You would be a child abuser on your own, if you would try to force children to make idiotic decisions about the own gender - what's completely unimportant for children - while you would the same time try to eliminate the normal human development. Or let me say it in a way so very child is able to understand it: Santa Claus (=Saint Nicholas, born much more than 1500 years ago in Myra) still exists - and presents will come. We (= all children under 120 years) will find ways - whether you try to steal the Christmas presents of all children or not.

You will find a way to brainwash the kids, no matter what? That's what we thought.

I don't know why some people of the english speaking world are not able to read my German. I will repeat for you what I said:

(1) Every human being was always religious since human beings are existing (except perhaps on reasons of brain defects)
(2) Atheism is a belief

And what I did not say until now: If the USA should need body guards for Santa, we have some ...

I'm agnostic, and no, people aren't born religious, it's a man-made concept.

I think the reason that it is so common, is because our sentience and fear cause us to rationalize death as best we can.

Luckily, humans kind of understand that it's just a rationalization ~ so instead of simply accepting death as it comes, we continue to study biology and extend life expectancy and comfort......and will continue to do so right up until we are half human and half computer, living for as long as our power source and luck in avoiding natural disasters will allow

What you say here shows to me that there's indeed not a big distance between intentional ignorance and a criminal behavior. Buy a good book about developmental psychology and take a look what's written there for example about "magic age". You would be a child abuser on your own, if you would try to force children to make idiotic decisions about the own gender - what's completely unimportant for children - while you would the same time try to eliminate the normal human development. Or let me say it in a way so very child is able to understand it: Santa Claus (=Saint Nicholas, born much more than 1500 years ago in Myra) still exists - and presents will come. We (= all children under 120 years) will find ways - whether you try to steal the Christmas presents of all children or not.

You will find a way to brainwash the kids, no matter what? That's what we thought.

I don't know why some people of the english speaking world are not able to read my German. I will repeat for you what I said:

(1) Every human being was always religious since human beings are existing (except perhaps on reasons of brain defects)
(2) Atheism is a belief

And what I did not say until now: If the USA should need body guards for Santa, we have some ...

If you follow the philosophy agnosticism then you know that atheism is belief. And it's completely clear that every human being is religious. The first human cultures started with religion. And never existed a culture without religion including atheism.Your problem is perhaps that you are a brainwashed brainwasher on your own.

Last edited:

(2) Atheism is a belief

If you follow the philosophy agnosticism then you know that atheism is belief. And it's completely clear that every human being is religious. Thr fiets human cultures started with religion. Your problem is perhaps that you are a brainwashed brainwasher on your own, who is not able to change the own concepts on reason of the weakness of power of the own spirit.

That's just nuts. Atheists have no religious beliefs.

(2) Atheism is a belief

If you follow the philosophy agnosticism then you know that atheism is belief. And it's completely clear that every human being is religious. The first human cultures started with religion. And never existed a culture without religion including atheism.Your problem is perhaps that you are a brainwashed brainwasher on your own.

Cultures being religious doesnt speak to the Truth of said Religions. Its poor evidence for....anything, except that Superstitions were always a part of human culture.

& here we've a full moon.

....all the Catholics I know, including my father's family, grew up Catholic
since they were babies, their parents took them to church and school where they were taught, from their earliest childhood--about Catholicism
...this is like brainwashing kids to believe in ''something''
..sure, they ask them if they want to ''renounce satan, follow jesus, etc--later!--but even this is ''forced'' on them
isn't this the way most religions are?

if I were born in Indonesia, chances are very, very great I would not be Catholic--but Islamic---

What is wrong with being Muslim? Jewish? Protestant? Mormon? Catholic? If I were born in Indonesia, I wouldn't be speaking English, but possibly Bahasa or another native dialect. Was I brainwashed into speaking English, or was I taught to communicate? In the same way, the purpose of religion is to help one draw closer to God. Catholicism did that very well for me, and I am thankful. There are people here who are thankful that Islam drew them closer to God.

No doubt, but scientists create dogmas that others eventually broke with to eventualy lead to the breakthroughs.

Yes, but that is because scientists are human beings. And the tool for showing the dogma is incorrect? Science, of course. That's one thing that separates science from religion: It has a method for weeding out things that are false.

Amazing how leftists have been confidently asserting that their "science" - which is really just a code word for "excuses to behave however I like" - proves religion incorrect for pretty much the entire 20th century and up until now, and they still haven't ever actually done it. I guess that's what happens when you think declaring, "I don't like it, and therefore it is wrong" constitutes "disproving".

FYI, what you're espousing is a lot more materialism than it is science. Maybe that's where you went wrong.

I do find it interesting that those espousing science are the least likely to understand it.

Take Matthew for example

... That's just nuts. Atheists have no religious beliefs.

Only if they are not atheists. Or how do you know that not god created the world?

msyugioh123-image-msyugioh123-36231883-500-320.jpg

(2) Atheism is a belief

Cultures being religious doesnt speak to the Truth of said Religions.

What? Every culture without any exception was religious since more then 10000 years. Was you never astonished about the grave of the Pharao Lenin, for example? A very clear belief in materialistic structures.

Its poor evidence for....anything, except that Superstitions were always a part of human culture.

I don't discuss with you now about the superstition that everyone has a superstition, who says something, what you don't like to hear and do not like to understand too. You are the super being now - I'm only an idiot like all others since decades of thousands of years.

Last edited:

(2) Atheism is a belief

What? Every culture without any exception was religious since more then 10000 years.

Its poor evidence for....anything, except that Superstitions were always a part of human culture.

I don't discuss with you now about the superstition that everyone has a superstition who says something what you don't like to hear and not to understand but to attack.

I dont understand what this broken english is trying to say, sorry.

(2) Atheism is a belief

What? Every culture without any exception was religious since more then 10000 years.

I don't discuss with you now about the superstition that everyone has a superstition who says something what you don't like to hear and not to understand but to attack.

Yea - super beings - specially English speaking super beings - have often this problem. Idiots ask just simple, if they like to know something. You answered here by the way before I finished my text.

Yea - super beings have often this problem. Idiots ask just simple, if they like to know something.
The point I was making wasnt addressed.

Cultures having Religion

Doesnt make the Religion true.

Its a meaningless fact, when it comes to the truth of each Religion's epistemology.

(2) Atheism is a belief

Man has used religion to explain that which he did not understand. Nobody is born religious and you can't prove it either. But go ahead and try, we'll wait. :popcorn:

Only if they are not atheists. Or how do you know that not god created the world?

If you can present some credible evidence that God created the earth, I will happily believe it. So far no one has been able to do that. Care to give it a shot?

I know what I believe. You don't know what I believe. Anyway I have now not the patience any longer to hang in the line. So bye bye.

If you can present some credible evidence that God created the earth, I will happily believe it. So far no one has been able to do that. Care to give it a shot?

I know what I believe. You don't know what I believe. Anyway I have now not the patience any longer to hang in the line. So bye bye.

Coward.

(2) Atheism is a belief

Man has used religion to explain that which he did not understand. Nobody is born religious and you can't prove it either. But go ahead and try, we'll wait. :popcorn:

Interesting creed. But the questions behind this creed are not spiritual and I don't share any creed in case of questions of philosophy and science. You deny facts by using empty phrases - that's all.

How does it matter, how does it affect anyone's life, whether or not God created the earth?

Coward.

Idiot.

Your turn.

(2) Atheism is a belief

Interesting creed. But the questions behind this creed are not spiritual and I don't share any creed in case of questions of philosophy and science. You deny facts by using empty phrases - that's all.

What "facts" am I denying?

So because you think your friends and family never thought for themselves in following a religion, you're going to not think for yourself in reject religion. And everyone clearly does things the same

That doesn't seem to be a winning plan
if they were born in Indonesia, they would MOST probably be Islamic--because that is what their family would've been
do you understand this concept? from when they are babies, they are taught their religion...sure, some reject it---but as you can see, it is 88% Muslim/Islamic....
they are not taught/brought up in 2 religions when they grow up
look at the huge controversies in the media now--Islams'/Muslims' religion is a religion of hate/murder people say

''In God We Trust''--the motto of the US
''So help me God''
it's deeply embedded in the culture

Forum List

Back