Report: Level of poverty growing

if you are willing to sacrifice and not think you have to buy every last thing you simply want

Most working poor spend the bulk of their money on food, housing and transportation. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Sigh. I just explained it to you. It is what it is and you just don't want to admit it. I guess it's true that you can't argue with stupid (or brainwashed) - can't tell which you are really. I did NOT assert that the government solely takes from the poor to give to the rich. I asserted that wealth redistribution is going on RIGHT NOW from the bottom to the top. Yes, our government is HELPING private industry and the wealthy to do this by ENACTING LEGISLATION that is pro-wealthy. Whether you want to admit it or not, it is true.

It is not pro wealthy....it is pro EMPLOYER.
Get that through your stubborn skull.

Umm who is the wealthy? The burger joint owner or the burger slingers working for him/her?

Expected you to take it out of context.

It is pro EMPLOYER....so the EMPLOYER can expand....seeing as expansion means new job openings...and expanion of economy.

Pretty simple concept.

Infrastructure is freely usable by anyone.... you can use the same roads, rails, shipping lanes, etc as any company

You should be able to profit from your investments, efforts, risks, labors, etc the same as anyone else... whether you be a shareholder of WalMart, Joe the pizze delivery guy, Geoff the tech worker, or Jim the janitor

Funny.. companies pay for the land or the use of the land held by others.... and if they are able to harvest a tree in forrest X, you are able to as well... unless it is land held by them or unless you do not get the same permission that they do

You're right, but I don't own a fleet of trucks that's ripping apart my local highway. Nor do I own an Oil tanker that's spilling oil onto my local beach.

And the poor generally don't own stock in WalMart, they're spending too much money trying to put the next meal on the table to invest in 100 shares of Exxon.

Also, you'll notice that poor neighborhoods have less availability to Police, Fire Departments, Schools, etc.

And the poor certainly don't own any mineral rights to any of the nation's natural resources.

if you are willing to sacrifice and not think you have to buy every last thing you simply want

Most working poor spend the bulk of their money on food, housing and transportation. You have no idea what you are talking about.

You only live hand to mouth if you opt to live at your means and not within your means.

I lived in a basement apartment for two years as I took the little I made and slowly built up the capital to branch out.

Personal decisions Peepers......you will get it one day.

It is not pro wealthy....it is pro EMPLOYER.
Get that through your stubborn skull.

Umm who is the wealthy? The burger joint owner or the burger slingers working for him/her?

It is pro EMPLOYER....so the EMPLOYER can expand....seeing as expansion means new job openings...and expanion of economy.

Pretty simple concept.

And who is doing the work so he can profit and expand? The burger slingers, floor moppers, bathroom cleaners, etc.

the wealthy generally get that way on the backs of the lower workers.

Last edited:
So you are saying that you are against the freedom to keep what you earn....

I get to keep less of what I earn than a millionaire. My wages are taxed more than their "income". I am taxed 100% on my wages for SS yet that millionaire likely pays no SS at all if he is getting his money via investment. I am all for keeping more what I earn... like rich people get to.

You only live hand to mouth if you opt to live at your means and not within your means.

I lived in a basement apartment for two years as I took the little I made and slowly built up the capital to branch out.

I lived in a basement apartment too...I didn't have enough to invest in anything....I could barely pay the rent. My apartment was furnished with what my mom called "early Goodwill". The only decent piece of furniture I had was a bed given to me by my mom. I eventually got a tv for Christmas. No cable though. I took the bus to work. I took my lunch with me as I couldn't afford to buy lunch. I got no help from anybody and I had the highest heating bill in the apartment building...basements cost a lot to heat. All this while working for the government in a job that paid MORE than minimum wage, and I was still living in poverty. Today it's much, much worse.

You are an idiot if you think someone making minimum wage can afford their own apartment, let alone invest any of their money.

Fuck you I don't.. I worked my way from the lowest run on the shortest ladder.... don't you DARE say that someone has no idea about being poor merely because they support a conservative stance and speak against wealth redistribution by the government to the poor

I get to keep less of what I earn than a millionaire. My wages are taxed more than their "income". I am taxed 100% on my wages for SS yet that millionaire likely pays no SS at all if he is getting his money via investment. I am all for keeping more what I earn... like rich people get to.

I also want all the tax deductions the rich get.
Writing off my transportation costs to get to work, etc.

I AM a successful former business owner.

Last edited:

Pretty simple concept.

And who is doing the work so he can profit and expand? The burger slingers, floor moppers, bathroom cleaners, etc.

The wealthy get wealthy by investing their life savings into an idea.

And those that take that idea and make something of it open the doors to others to start to work and earn a wage....with the hopes that one day they too, will invest a good part of their time and money, as little as it may be...into an idea.....

Or you can simply say that the business owners take advantage of those that ask to work for them.

Seems a little backwards though......

don't you DARE say that someone has no idea about being poor merely because they support a conservative stance and speak against wealth redistribution by the government to the poor

Well, you sure defend the redistribution of wealth from the rest of us to the rich. That is why I DARE.

Last edited:

You are naive peepers.

EVERYONE pays SS up to 106,400 in income.

Just becuase the rich got rich, does not mean that it is unfair.

You too, have the right to beome rich.

Pretty simple concept.

And those that take that idea and make something of it open the doors to others to start to work and earn a wage....with the hopes that one day they too, will invest a good part of their time and money, as little as it may be...into an idea.....

Or you can simply say that the business owners take advantage of those that ask to work for them.

And some get wealthy by getting hired into a situation through a series of "old boy" networks, i.e., Wall Street investment bankers, corporate CEOs and the like.

I lived in a basement apartment too...I didn't have enough to invest in anything....I could barely pay the rent. My apartment was furnished with what my mom called "early Goodwill". The only decent piece of furniture I had was a bed given to me by my mom. I eventually got a tv for Christmas. No cable though. I took the bus to work. I took my lunch with me as I couldn't afford to buy lunch. I got no help from anybody and I had the highest heating bill in the apartment building...basements cost a lot to heat. All this while working for the government in a job that paid MORE than minimum wage, and I was still living in poverty. Today it's much, much worse.

You are an idiot if you think someone making minimum wage can afford their own apartment, let alone invest any of their money.

BULLSHIT

I earned minimum wage.. I would save $10 from a paycheck and entertain by sitting home with friends instead of going out... I earned less than minimum hourly wage as a private, and invested from my paycheck.. I would save every dime I could when I worked for under $8 an hour and had to pay for all my own food, upkeep, rent, etc

I STILL have furniture I had that was freebies... I STILL shop for sales and generics

ANYONE can save.... just as anyone can work any amount of jobs they need, or advance their skills to earn more...

Stop portraying myths to try and paint minimum wagers or 'the poor' as incapable... conservatives certainly do not

don't you DARE say that someone has no idea about being poor merely because they support a conservative stance and speak against wealth redistribution by the government to the poor

Well, you sure defend the redistribution of wealth from the rest of us to the rich. That is why I DARE.

Show one thing I have supported besides the freedom to succeed or fail as you will.... I support free markets for you to freely supply a good or service, for a company to supply a good or service, for you to spend or not send as you chose FREELY

I do not support any wealth redistribution... that sir, is you

And some get wealthy by getting hired into a situation through a series of "old boy" networks, i.e., Wall Street investment bankers, corporate CEOs and the like.

Just like some of the poor capitalize on the system.....but it does not mean the majority of them are dirtbags.

Most of the rich, got rich by taking chances...and their reward was being rich and their giving back was employing others so they too can acheive the dream if they so opt to.

Forum List

Back