Republican outreach to African Americans

I guess we could just offer the blacks twice as much free shit as the democrats do. I mean does it really matter? Obama hasn't delivered any of his promises to the minorities and the morons elected him again.
We could just promise, not deliver, do what we want instead and still get reelected.

The liberal way FTW !!!!!

If 'giving free shit' to minorities and the morons who elected him, I assume that is or at least includes the poor, raises the economy why would you be against that, I mean besides being racist that is.

LMAO!! left-wing nutjobs actually believe their idiotic talking point that welfare, food stamps and unemployment "save or create jobs"!!!

almost as rich as we have to pass it to know what's in it!!

I guess we could just offer the blacks twice as much free shit as the democrats do. I mean does it really matter? Obama hasn't delivered any of his promises to the minorities and the morons elected him again.
We could just promise, not deliver, do what we want instead and still get reelected.

If 'giving free shit' to minorities and the morons who elected him, I assume that is or at least includes the poor, raises the economy why would you be against that, I mean besides being racist that is.

Racist ehh? Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Your party is too shallow for this discussion

The solutions to lifes problems is hard work and determination. The government can not provide you with that. So beyond the "free" shit what exactly are you expecting?

Well, if that is how you simplify it then you guys win nothing. You guys need to backtrack. This next cycle of elections and definitely in 2016 will be how well the response is to the needs of the people.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-two percent of Americans, on average, identified as political independents in 2013, the highest Gallup has measured since it began conducting interviews by telephone 25 years ago. Meanwhile, Republican identification fell to 25%, the lowest over that time span. At 31%, Democratic identification is unchanged from the last four years but down from 36% in 2008.

The results are based on more than 18,000 interviews with Americans from 13 separate Gallup multiple-day polls conducted in 2013.

In each of the last three years, at least 40% of Americans have identified as independents. These are also the only years in Gallup's records that the percentage of independents has reached that level.

Americans' increasing shift to independent status has come more at the expense of the Republican Party than the Democratic Party. Republican identification peaked at 34% in 2004, the year George W. Bush won a second term in office. Since then, it has fallen nine percentage points, with most of that decline coming during Bush's troubled second term. When he left office, Republican identification was down to 28%. It has declined or stagnated since then, improving only slightly to 29% in 2010, the year Republicans "shellacked" Democrats in the midterm elections.

Not since 1983, when Gallup was still conducting interviews face to face, has a lower percentage of Americans, 24%, identified as Republicans than is the case now. That year, President Ronald Reagan remained unpopular as the economy struggled to emerge from recession. By the following year, amid an improving economy and re-election for the increasingly popular incumbent president, Republican identification jumped to 30%, a level generally maintained until 2007.

Democratic identification has also declined in recent years, falling five points from its recent high of 36% in 2008, the year President Barack Obama was elected. The current 31% of Americans identifying as Democrats matches the lowest annual
average in the last 25 years.

Record-High 42% of Americans Identify as Independents

My suggestion is that you figure out what the needs of the people are.

The needs of the people are for the government to get the fuck out of the way & stop trying to micro manage our society. Every time you try to lift one person with some kind of legislation you push several others down.

Well, we're not gonna get too far with the 47% stuff, cutting fed aid to educ and healthcare for women.

Racist ehh? Guess I shouldn't be surprised. Your party is too shallow for this discussion

libs really dont see their pandering and patronizing of Black people as racist; that's just how sanctimonious and condescending they are

Well, if that is how you simplify it then you guys win nothing. You guys need to backtrack. This next cycle of elections and definitely in 2016 will be how well the response is to the needs of the people.

PRINCETON, NJ -- Forty-two percent of Americans, on average, identified as political independents in 2013, the highest Gallup has measured since it began conducting interviews by telephone 25 years ago. Meanwhile, Republican identification fell to 25%, the lowest over that time span. At 31%, Democratic identification is unchanged from the last four years but down from 36% in 2008.

The results are based on more than 18,000 interviews with Americans from 13 separate Gallup multiple-day polls conducted in 2013.

In each of the last three years, at least 40% of Americans have identified as independents. These are also the only years in Gallup's records that the percentage of independents has reached that level.

Americans' increasing shift to independent status has come more at the expense of the Republican Party than the Democratic Party. Republican identification peaked at 34% in 2004, the year George W. Bush won a second term in office. Since then, it has fallen nine percentage points, with most of that decline coming during Bush's troubled second term. When he left office, Republican identification was down to 28%. It has declined or stagnated since then, improving only slightly to 29% in 2010, the year Republicans "shellacked" Democrats in the midterm elections.

Not since 1983, when Gallup was still conducting interviews face to face, has a lower percentage of Americans, 24%, identified as Republicans than is the case now. That year, President Ronald Reagan remained unpopular as the economy struggled to emerge from recession. By the following year, amid an improving economy and re-election for the increasingly popular incumbent president, Republican identification jumped to 30%, a level generally maintained until 2007.

Democratic identification has also declined in recent years, falling five points from its recent high of 36% in 2008, the year President Barack Obama was elected. The current 31% of Americans identifying as Democrats matches the lowest annual

The needs of the people are for the government to get the fuck out of the way & stop trying to micro manage our society. Every time you try to lift one person with some kind of legislation you push several others down.

Well, we're not gonna get too far with the 47% stuff, cutting fed aid to educ and healthcare for women.

the 47%; also had it WAY WAY better when Republicans were in charge

libs really dont see their pandering and patronizing of Black people as racist; that's just how sanctimonious and condescending they are

I just found the whole racist accusation amusing. Well spoken I am not but racist? Anyone labeling me with that title clearly doesn't know me and is unworthy of serious debate.

Well, W, for all his failures, was not a socially divisive. Unfortunately, Ayn Paul is, and so was Mitt's platform. But, we'll have to see what the gop is up to in 16.

Frankly, the black vote is irrelevant. The gop needs latinos, women and to a lesser degree Asians. When we lose the women and Asians, for Gods sakes, that outta tell us we've lost the up from the bottom achievers, which is where we should be living.

No vote is irrelevant

It will take a generation or more for Republicans to win back the black vote. They have done that much damage

But every percentage shift matters. A 10% shift back down into the low 80s would mean a percent or two at the polls. There are several states where this would make a difference in the election

what you really need to consider is 3 million more blacks came out ot vote for the first black man running for president. will they be there when the democrats don't run a black man? and will they be there if the democrats run a white woman? also 7 million white voters didn't show up for the 2012 election. I'm guessing they will be back in 2016

Bill Clinton did very well with the Black vote, So will Hillary

Losing 700,000 jobs a month will do that

The solutions to lifes problems is hard work and determination. The government can not provide you with that. So beyond the "free" shit what exactly are you expecting?

Like union busting. Got it.

Government could 'raise the economy' by confiscating all goods, money, and property and controlling all production by the way they see fit... does not mean it is their job to do that either

You are not 'being racist' for being for freedom and being against government handouts

Pandering nonsense. Republicans should reach out to all Americans REGARDLESS of skin color.

Exactly. This business of dividing people and treating them differently is at the root of the problem.

The left doesn't want minorities to feel like they are part of the mainstream like the rest of us. They are too busy pushing the victimhood mentality and insist that some people aren't as smart and need to be talked down to and taken care of.

The message most on the right have for people is that each of us should do our best to reach out potential and that no one else can do that for you. The left has taught that some people are incapable of achieving success on their own. That is always the message they send to minorities. It's all about what the country can do for them and they have the nerve to criticize the right when they offer the same message to all Americans and fail to divide people.

The best that Obama will do for minorities is come up with the policy that you are your brother's keeper. It's still about telling people that it's someone else's responsibility to take care of them. I wish that decades of liberal policies that destroyed the minority families could be undone with one program, but it won't, especially not this one.

I remember when Romney addressed the NAACP and was told he failed because he talked about the economy and jobs. The left said he didn't bring up anything that mattered to them. That's because the left doesn't have any faith in minorities and doesn't believe they can succeed. They want the right to tell minorities that they will increase welfare and tell illegals that they will grant amnesty, then increase welfare for them. The left believes that minorities only care about those things and the libs have done a good job of convincing many that they should totally rely on government. It's all so sad.

We need to bring back the common sense some of us heard from our parents. They told us to work hard in school and stay out of trouble or we'd end up on welfare and would never realize our dream. I was told that I should write down everything I did each day and ask if what I did took me one step closer or one step back from my dream. Now kids just do as they please. Violence has become so common that they don't seem to fear getting in trouble or think about how they are doing something wrong. The schools are so dumbed down already and common core is taking it to new lows.

Why can't we tell young people that they need to get their act together or they will end up on welfare? And we need to make sure that welfare is just the basics. No fancy tennis shoes or cell phones. You want shit, you earn shit. Or you survive on the bare necessities. That was our lesson and most of us decided not to go that route.

Last edited:

Well, W, for all his failures, was not a socially divisive. Unfortunately, Ayn Paul is, and so was Mitt's platform. But, we'll have to see what the gop is up to in 16.

Bush?

LMAO!!
who's that lefard?

and who is Ayn Paul?

listen leftard; obama's failures have nothing to do with Bush; that was the whole point here lol!

Like union busting. Got it.

Absolutely! Forcing the working public to financially contribute to the democrats through what should be considered an illegal money laundering scheme should absolutely be abolished.
You're just mad that the lowly sheep now have a choice to financially support your corrupt bullshit or not.

leftardz; there are about 1 MILLION fewer Americans working now then when those 700,000jobs/month were being lost.

participation in the labor force is at a 40 year low

and it isnt because of retiring baby boomers either leftardz; we havent had this many WORKING AGE, ABLE-BODIED AMERICANS not working in over a generation

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Bush?

LMAO!!
who's that lefard?

and who is Ayn Paul?

listen leftard; obama's failures have nothing to do with Bush; that was the whole point here lol!

listen asshole. the thread's aobut gop outreach, not about Obama. be careful with the name calling.

The Number Of Working Age Americans Without A Job Has Risen By Almost 10 Million Under Obama

By Michael Snyder, on January 12th, 2014

That headline is not a misprint. The number of working age Americans that do not have a job has increased by nearly 10 million since Barack Obama first entered the White House. In January 2009, the number of "officially unemployed" workers plus the number of Americans "not in the labor force" was sitting at a grand total of 92.6 million. Today, that number has risen to 102.2 million. That means that the number of working age Americans that are not working has grown by close to 10 million since Barack Obama first took office. So why does the "official unemployment rate" keep going down? Well, it is because the federal government has been pretending that millions upon millions of unemployed workers have "left the labor force" over the past few years and do not want to work anymore. The government says that another 347,000 workers "left the labor force" in December. That is nearly five times larger than the 74,000 jobs that were "created" by the U.S. economy last month. And it is important to note that more than half of those jobs were temporary jobs, and it takes well over 100,000 new jobs just to keep up with population growth each month. So the unemployment rate should not have gone down. If anything, it should have gone up.
==============================================================

libs are losers who lie to themselves

Bush?

LMAO!!
who's that lefard?

and who is Ayn Paul?

listen asshole. the thread's aobut gop outreach, not about Obama. be careful with the name calling.

......said the asshole; lecturing others about name-calling

I'm not black so this is speculation but leveling the playing field for one thing.

Mitt Romney paid less on his dividend income than you and I paid on income earned through labor. So for every dollar he makes by not lifting a finger he keeps more of it than you and I make by waking up early and going to work. The GOP would rather eat a dirt sandwich than have those rates equalized... This is where you lose a lot of people.

Level the playing field? What the fuck does that even mean?

C'mon Gramps, I explained it in the post you're responding to. Income is taxed differently. If you're getting interest and dividends as your income, you're paying less in income taxes. Generally, the rich are the ones that are doing this on a large scale.

If your party is fighting very hard to maintain that some income is treated differently than others, those on the short end of the stick are going to look at it with a jaundiced eye.

Forum List

Back