Republicans, a bridge too far

You trolls of message boards, it doesn't matter what anyone says to you, you always claim 'victory' and then slither on to the next thread so you can feel good.

Whatever makes you feel good. Go with it.

It's a straight forward question, Isaac...tell us the last "moderate" Supreme Court Justice named to the Court by a Democrat! You've made the claim that it's the GOP that's extreme...yet they are the only side that nominates moderates...so how can that be?

You'll have to refresh me on where I said whatever it is you are talking about. Some days I am lazy as hell and don't remember what I've posted or where.

When you start a thread accusing Republicans of extremism simply because they won't "rubber stamp" whatever far left nominee Barack Obama names...but then can't name a single moderate that a Democratic President has nominated...then you're more than LAZY...you're full of shit! I can name moderates that Republicans have named to the Supreme Court...so why can't you name moderates that Democrats have sent there?

You trolls of message boards, it doesn't matter what anyone says to you, you always claim 'victory' and then slither on to the next thread so you can feel good.

It's a straight forward question, Isaac...tell us the last "moderate" Supreme Court Justice named to the Court by a Democrat! You've made the claim that it's the GOP that's extreme...yet they are the only side that nominates moderates...so how can that be?

You'll have to refresh me on where I said whatever it is you are talking about. Some days I am lazy as hell and don't remember what I've posted or where.

When you start a thread accusing Republicans of extremism simply because they won't "rubber stamp" whatever far left nominee Barack Obama names...but then can't name a single moderate that a Democratic President has nominated...then you're more than LAZY...you're full of shit! I can name moderates that Republicans have named to the Supreme Court...so why can't you name moderates that Democrats have sent there?

I see, so your purpose is to toss out a Strawman because you want to change the subject. Sorry, if you can't address the current topic, run along.

I see, so your purpose is to toss out a Strawman because you want to change the subject. Sorry, if you can't address the current topic, run along.

The "straw man" that's been tossed out is one of your own making, Issac! Your claim that it's the GOP that is the Party of extremists becomes that when you can't name a single moderate Supreme Court Justice that's been put forward by a Democratic President. There is no "current topic" because your entire premise is laughable!

The "straw man" that's been tossed out is one of your own making, Issac! Your claim that it's the GOP that is the Party of extremists becomes that when you can't name a single moderate Supreme Court Justice that's been put forward by a Democratic President. There is no "current topic" because your entire premise is laughable!

Then stop yer bitchin and go start a thread that makes you feel good. You only have Strawmen arguments, that crap may fly in your backyard or on con-talk-radio which is ONLY Strawmen arguments and Red Herrings, but it doesn't cut it here. And you refusing to address a thread and instead only want to inject your own diversions isn't going to cut it either.

You are free to start another thread to whine about whatever it is you like to whine about. Get to it.

Then stop yer bitchin and go start a thread that makes you feel good. You only have Strawmen arguments, that crap may fly in your backyard or on con-talk-radio which is ONLY Strawmen arguments and Red Herrings, but it doesn't cut it here. And you refusing to address a thread and instead only want to inject your own diversions isn't going to cut it either.

You are free to start another thread to whine about whatever it is you like to whine about. Get to it.

So pretty much what you're looking for is a forum where you present your "premise" and anyone who thinks it's full of shit isn't allowed to rebut what you've said? But YOU'RE not the extreme one? :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

So pretty much what you're looking for is a forum where you present your "premise" and anyone who thinks it's full of shit isn't allowed to rebut what you've said? But YOU'RE not the extreme one? :blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

Your mind works in self-fulfilling circles. Some people can't put forth a coherent argument, you are one of those. No crime.

So, you're saying Kagen and Sontomayor are .... what? Moderates, not really but they're hardly firebrands. No more left than Alito is right.

So, you're saying Kagen and Sontomayor are .... what? Moderates, not really but they're hardly firebrands. No more left than Alito is right.

What I'm saying, Bendog is that despite all the allegations from the Left that Republicans are so "extreme"...the GOP has a history of nominating the most moderate candidate running and unlike Democratic Presidents...Republican Presidents have sent moderates to the Supreme Court.

As for Kagen and Sontomayor? Are you really making the case that they aren't liberals?

Your mind works in self-fulfilling circles. Some people can't put forth a coherent argument, you are one of those. No crime.

I put forth the argument that the GOP isn't as extreme as you portray it and the crux of that argument is that when one looks beyond rhetoric...and look solely at actions...it's the Democrats that are far more "extreme" in their politics than the GOP. Your response has been less than "coherent".

What I'm saying, Bendog is that despite all the allegations from the Left that Republicans are so "extreme"...the GOP has a history of nominating the most moderate candidate running and unlike Democratic Presidents...Republican Presidents have sent moderates to the Supreme Court.

As for Kagen and Sontomayor? Are you really making the case that they aren't liberals?
I don't think Reagan or W were the most moderate possibilities, though I voted for W once, regrettably.

I'd have preferred Kerry to Clinton, but you cannot possibly argue Clinton was not the most moderate or second to most moderate. running.
Democratic Party presidential primaries, 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

What I'm saying is even Sontomayor is no more left than Alito is right.

I don't think Reagan or W were the most moderate possibilities, though I voted for W once, regrettably.

I'd have preferred Kerry to Clinton, but you cannot possibly argue Clinton was not the most moderate or second to most moderate. running.
Democratic Party presidential primaries, 1992 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You voted for W. but you don't think he was a moderate? Why did you vote for a "far right" candidate? I'm going to guess that you voted for Bush because you felt he was a moderate. Who do you think was more moderate than Bush?

I didn't put Samuel Alito out as a moderate Justice...would you say that Sandra Day O'Connor was more moderate than Sontomayor? David Souter? Anthony Kennedy? What "moderate" Justices appointed by Democrats would you hold out as the counterpoint of any of those?

You voted for W. but you don't think he was a moderate? Why did you vote for a "far right" candidate? I'm going to guess that you voted for Bush because you felt he was a moderate. Who do you think was more moderate than Bush?

I didn't put Samuel Alito out as a moderate Justice...would you say that Sandra Day O'Connor was more moderate than Sontomayor? David Souter? Anthony Kennedy? What "moderate" Justices appointed by Democrats would you hold out as the counterpoint of any of those?
I think W was less moderate than Forbes, who bailed early, and he certainly was less fiscally moderate then McCain who argued against the tax cuts. I voted W because of Kerry.

O'Conner's long dead. A comparison might be Kennedy, but in reality it's Alito who replaced her, and he's hardly a moderate. In any event, I'd say neither Ginsberg nor Breyer are more to the left than Kennedy, and certainly not as far to the left as Thomas is to the right. Souter was a mistake according to Poppy. LOL

I don't know where you're going with this, but it cannot be very far. (-:

I think W was less moderate than Forbes, who bailed early, and he certainly was less fiscally moderate then McCain who argued against the tax cuts. I voted W because of Kerry.

O'Conner's long dead. A comparison might be Kennedy, but in reality it's Alito who replaced her, and he's hardly a moderate. In any event, I'd say neither Ginsberg nor Breyer are more to the left than Kennedy, and certainly not as far to the left as Thomas is to the right. Souter was a mistake according to Poppy. LOL

Where I'm going with this as you put it...is that I'm still looking for the last "moderate" named by a Democratic President to the Supreme Court? If you're claiming that Ginsberg is a moderate then with all due respect, Bendog...you're out of your mind! Where I'm going with this is that GOP Presidents have appointed moderates and your side has not...yet we keep getting accused of being "extreme".

Where I'm going with this as you put it...is that I'm still looking for the last "moderate" named by a Democratic President to the Supreme Court? If you're claiming that Ginsberg is a moderate then with all due respect, Bendog...you're out of your mind! Where I'm going with this is that GOP Presidents have appointed moderates and your side has not...yet we keep getting accused of being "extreme".
Breyer's a moderate. Pro-govt powers. Ginsburg's no more left, except on social issues.

But you're entire analysis is skewed. Thomas is so far off the right as to render any comparision of HW and Clinton nominees ludicrous.

W put up Roberts and Alito. Roberts has checked his basic instincts. Kagen and Sontomayor are just flip sides of the same coin. Although Alito really may desire a return to pre civil rights era. Not that he's a racist. Fundamentally, I think he's correct that the commerce clause was taken to far, but it's too late to return to the Beaver.

Breyer's a moderate. Pro-govt powers. Ginsburg's no more left, except on social issues.

But you're entire analysis is skewed. Thomas is so far off the right as to render any comparision of HW and Clinton nominees ludicrous.

W put up Roberts and Alito. Roberts has checked his basic instincts. Kagen and Sontomayor are just flip sides of the same coin. Although Alito really may desire a return to pre civil rights era. Not that he's a racist. Fundamentally, I think he's correct that the commerce clause was taken to far, but it's too late to return to the Beaver.

Roberts has "checked his basic instincts"? What does that mean exactly? That he's REALLY a far right Justice but is fighting it? Roberts is a moderate. If he wasn't the ACA would be a thing of the past right now. Show me where Kagen and Sontomayer DIDN'T vote the liberal party line. I'm curious as to where you think that's taken place that would allow you to claim that THEY are moderates?

Sotomayor supports Disparate Impact Theory and believes that Latino Women are innately "wiser" than white men.

That's pretty radical.

The Republicans are about to once again over-reach in their never-ending-we-don't -compromise-on-anything-for-any-reason strategy they have employed the last 7 years.

They've already announced they plan to block WHOEVER the president nominates to the Supreme Court. Some of them saying "we should let the people decide in an election". Problem is the people already decided, in the 2012 election they elected Barack Obama who is charged by the Constitution to nominate a new Supreme Court justice when a vacancy comes open, which he is going to do. Republicans though, still in "we won't call it racism but Obama won't get anything passed ever at any time" mode, seem to think they run the government themselves, that there was no election in 2012. Sorry, there was. The people's voice HAS been heard and this president was given powers by the people to choose the next Supreme Court justice.

Elizabeth Warren unloads on Republicans for saying they'll block Obama's attempt to replace Scalia

The Republicans are about to once again over-reach in their never-ending-we-don't -compromise-on-anything-for-any-reason strategy they have employed the last 7 years.

They've already announced they plan to block WHOEVER the president nominates to the Supreme Court. Some of them saying "we should let the people decide in an election". Problem is the people already decided, in the 2012 election they elected Barack Obama who is charged by the Constitution to nominate a new Supreme Court justice when a vacancy comes open, which he is going to do. Republicans though, still in "we won't call it racism but Obama won't get anything passed ever at any time" mode, seem to think they run the government themselves, that there was no election in 2012. Sorry, there was. The people's voice HAS been heard and this president was given powers by the people to choose the next Supreme Court justice.

Elizabeth Warren unloads on Republicans for saying they'll block Obama's attempt to replace Scalia

yes. we do have liberalism on the run. soon to be extinct. how's the elections going on in occupied France ??

yes. we do have liberalism on the run. soon to be extinct. how's the elections going on in occupied France ??

Like Mr Kruger to George Costanza's father when he shows Kruger the Festivus pole, "I find your belief system...fascinating".

Forum List

Back