Republicans are starting to lose it

RandomVariable channeling his inner Cummings.

Is RandomVariable channeling? I am channeling anyone who has every believed in "justice and liberty for all." When one side is silenced by another there is not justice, equity, there is not liberty, the right to express oneself, there is tyranny, absolute power.

Issa was going to let him talk. Cummings said he had a question. Issa said fine, ask it. Then Cummings said the question was to help Issa get to what he wants. Issa said again, go ahead. Then Cummings started an incoherent rant full of accusations not asking what he said and everyone left.

They did the right thing, Cummings was an arrogant, angry ass, no one should have stayed and validated his childish crap.

Aw. Issa hadda Pologize to Cummings.

Cummings was very very statesmanlike accepting Issa apology for being a world class dick.

But gotta give him a hattip: Issa DID aplogize.

awwww poor eljja was cut off.......lets have a pittyparty...... 1,2,3...awwwwwwwwww
doesnt he pull this shit a couple of times a year?

Since some of you righties continue to explain what happened without apparently watching the incident I have taken the trouble to transcribe. If anyone know how much I dislike transcribing they will know the significance of this event.

Issa:
[at the end of Issa's opening questioning] Ladies and Gentlemen, Seeking the truth is the obligation of this committee, I can see no point in going further. I have no expectation Ms. Lerner will cooperate with this committee. Therefor we stand adjourned.​

Cummings:
Mr. Chairman, Mr. Chairman, Mr. Chairman, I have a statement. I have a procedural question Mr. Chairman. Mr. Chairman, I have a procedural question. [Issa starts collecting his things while ignoring Cummings.] Mr. Chairman, you can not run a committee like this. This, We are better than that as a country. We are better than that as a committee. [Issa turns away and stands up.] I have asked for a few minutes to ask.. [Issa turns off Cummings' microphone and turns to walk out of the room. Issa turns back to Cummings and the two talk for about 15 seconds. Issa sits back down. Issa turns Cummings' microphone back on.] May I ask my question?​

Issa:
[Turning to the right side of the House.]You are all free to leave. We have adjourned but the Gentleman may ask his question. [turning back to Cummings.]​

Cummings:
Thank you very much. Mr. Chairman, I have one procedural question and it goes to trying to help you get the information by the way just asked.​

Issa:
What is your question?​

Cummings:
Let me say what I have to say. I have listened to you for the last fifteen to twenty minutes. Let me say what I have to say. Mr. Chairman, I have one procedural question.​

Issa:
[Interrupting Cummings and speaking to Ms. Lerner, the questionee.]Ms. Lerner, you're released. You may leave.​

Cummings:
But first I would like to use my time to make some brief points. For the past year, The central Republicans accusations... [Issa stands up and turns off Cummings' microphone for the second time.]​

Issa:
We're adjourned. Close it out. [Cummings continues to speak with his microphone off. Issa turns to Cummings and repeats that they are adjourned. Issa turns to the right, makes a couple chopping motions across his neck, and says, "Thank you." Cummings is continuing to speak. Issa turns to Cummings scowling and says something. Shortly after Issa walks out of the room.]​

OK, now you see where Issa had adjourned the meeting, right? But he was nice enough to let Cummings ask his question. But instead of asking a question Cummings launched into a tirade. A tirade is not a question. Issa cut him off because there was no question. Cummings lied.
Pretty simple when you lay it out that way, right?

Since some of you righties continue to explain what happened without apparently watching the incident I have taken the trouble to transcribe. If anyone know how much I dislike transcribing they will know the significance of this event.

Issa:
[at the end of Issa's opening questioning] Ladies and Gentlemen, Seeking the truth is the obligation of this committee, I can see no point in going further. I have no expectation Ms. Lerner will cooperate with this committee. Therefor we stand adjourned.​

Cummings:
Mr. Chairman, Mr. Chairman, Mr. Chairman, I have a statement. I have a procedural question Mr. Chairman. Mr. Chairman, I have a procedural question. [Issa starts collecting his things while ignoring Cummings.] Mr. Chairman, you can not run a committee like this. This, We are better than that as a country. We are better than that as a committee. [Issa turns away and stands up.] I have asked for a few minutes to ask.. [Issa turns off Cummings' microphone and turns to walk out of the room. Issa turns back to Cummings and the two talk for about 15 seconds. Issa sits back down. Issa turns Cummings' microphone back on.] May I ask my question?​

Issa:
[Turning to the right side of the House.]You are all free to leave. We have adjourned but the Gentleman may ask his question. [turning back to Cummings.]​

Cummings:
Thank you very much. Mr. Chairman, I have one procedural question and it goes to trying to help you get the information by the way just asked.​

Issa:
What is your question?​

Cummings:
Let me say what I have to say. I have listened to you for the last fifteen to twenty minutes. Let me say what I have to say. Mr. Chairman, I have one procedural question.​

Issa:
[Interrupting Cummings and speaking to Ms. Lerner, the questionee.]Ms. Lerner, you're released. You may leave.​

Cummings:
But first I would like to use my time to make some brief points. For the past year, The central Republicans accusations... [Issa stands up and turns off Cummings' microphone for the second time.]​

Issa:
We're adjourned. Close it out. [Cummings continues to speak with his microphone off. Issa turns to Cummings and repeats that they are adjourned. Issa turns to the right, makes a couple chopping motions across his neck, and says, "Thank you." Cummings is continuing to speak. Issa turns to Cummings scowling and says something. Shortly after Issa walks out of the room.]​

OK, now you see where Issa had adjourned the meeting, right? But he was nice enough to let Cummings ask his question. But instead of asking a question Cummings launched into a tirade. A tirade is not a question. Issa cut him off because there was no question. Cummings lied.

Don't expect this to change dem minds.
They're to damn stupid to understand what happened. All they see is a white guy denying a black man a chance to speak and to hell with the rules.
That this thread has gone on as long as it has pretty much proves they dont have a clue.

So Cummings, who has been in Washington a long time, still doesn't know how hearings work and rather than blame him for his gross incompetence, you are blaming Issa for leaving at the end of the hearing?

Last edited:

Issa:

Cummings:

Issa:

Cummings:

Issa:
What is your question?​

Cummings:

Issa:

Cummings:

Issa:

Don't you just love it when people provide proof that undermines there entire argument?

Don't you just love it when people provide proof that undermines there entire argument?
The worst part is that instead of responding to these comments the subject will be dropped. And in the next thread where it comes up RandomVaginal will again spout off about Issa denying Cummings his opportunity to talk. It's like they never learn.

The worst part is that instead of responding to these comments the subject will be dropped. And in the next thread where it comes up RandomVaginal will again spout off about Issa denying Cummings his opportunity to talk. It's like they never learn.

They don't. If they did, we'd probably get along well with one another.

If you don't follow the rules of order, you don't speak. I'm terribly sorry Cummings didn't have a firm grasp on the rules. Perhaps if we had more congressmen who did, we wouldn't have so many problems, now would we?

Look Republicans......just a hint here

If you want to conduct a witch hunt, try not to make it look like such a witch hunt

Not allowing the other side to speak kind of makes your intentions obvious

Thats it ......This thread is over

<STRIKES GAVEL LOUDLY>

If this was a witch hunt, why is the evil witch of the IRS pleading the 5th?....... :eusa_whistle:

If you don't follow the rules of order, you don't speak. I'm terribly sorry Cummings didn't have a firm grasp on the rules. Perhaps if we had more congressmen who did, we wouldn't have so many problems, now would we?

If you want to conduct a witch hunt, try not to make it look like such a witch hunt

<STRIKES GAVEL LOUDLY>

If this was a witch hunt, why is the evil witch of the IRS pleading the 5th?....... :eusa_whistle:

no kiddimg, using the irs to hurt political opponents is actually a witch hunt. Watching liberals give up freedom, now i know how hitler convinced stupid people to go along with him

<STRIKES GAVEL LOUDLY>

She sees the writing on the wall about her ability to get a fair hearing with Issa in charge
Burden of proof goes to Issa

i'm terribly sorry you don't follow the rules of etiquette in Congress or the deference that should be shown the ranking member of a committee.

now if we had more people who weren't self-serving, rightwing wackjobs the congress might actually start to function again.

<STRIKES GAVEL LOUDLY>

She sees the writing on the wall about her ability to get a fair hearing with Issa in charge

innocent people have nothing to hide moron. remember there isnt a "smidgen of corruption" at the IRS; so there cant be anything she says that can be twisted

you're an idiot lying to himself; but what else is new?

i'm terribly sorry you don't follow the rules of etiquette in Congress or the deference that should be shown the ranking member of a committee.

now if we had more people who weren't self-serving, rightwing wackjobs the congress might actually start to function again.

comical hypocrisy from a left-wing moron; especially considering she's trying to defend the guy citing rules of etiquette; when all the guy has done is use his time not to get to the bottom of the issue; but to spew political statements.

idiots and hypocrites

<STRIKES GAVEL LOUDLY>

A fair hearing? ... :lol::lol::lol:

This isn't behind closed doors like the healthcare talks, if there is anything unfair, it's there for the entire country to see.

She's pleading the fifth because if she's forced to tell the truth she will incriminate herself, she has a lot to hide........ :thup:

<STRIKES GAVEL LOUDLY>

This isnt a trial. This isnt about a fair hearing. He's trying to find out what happened, and why she wrote the emails she did.
If she did nothing wrong and has nothing to hide, why is she hiding something?

Eat shit you big hypocrite. You never post anything worthwhile. Or even correct. Why arent you complaining about this performance?

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back