Republicans, here's your chance.

Well, currently we've got Democrats in control of both branches of Congress and the presidency. So, yeah, let's talk about cutting spending. Democrats certainly aren't doing that.
It's a shame that you refuse to challenge your own party. But not a surprise.

That's what this thread is about. The GOP keeps talking about cutting spending. So back it up, get specific, show your math.

Always the other guy. Always.

Its too bad you give the dems a pass for their failure NOW and instead only want to bash repubs who are not in power

That's what this thread is about. The GOP keeps talking about cutting spending. So back it up, get specific, show your math.

Always the other guy. Always.
It's hypocrisy to talk about Republicans cutting spending when Democrats keep on bringing up multi-trillion dollar spending plans one after another after another after another. How do Democrats want to cut spending?

It's hypocrisy to talk about Republicans cutting spending when Democrats keep on bringing up multi-trillion dollar spending plans one after another after another after another. How do Democrats want to cut spending?
They don't want to cut spending. They want to spend more.

But changing the subject of the thread doesn't address the thread. As you well know, Republicans talk a big game about cutting spending, but then shrivel when asked to back it up. As we have seen on this thread.

we have not had a fiscal responsible Govt for longer than any of us have been alive
While Republicans talk a good game, Democrats seem to be up front with saying, "to hell with fiscal responsibility". I'll give them credit for being honest. But, I will say that, as bad as Republicans are in following through, I don't hear them constantly wanting to bring up multi-trillion dollar spending plans one after another after another. Hell, the progressives don't want to compromise on the 3.5 trillion dollar reconciliation bill because they say they have already compromised down from 10 trillion.

They don't want to cut spending. They want to spend more.

But changing the subject of the thread doesn't address the thread. As you well know, Republicans talk a big game about cutting spending, but then shrivel when asked to back it up. As we have seen on this thread.
What I see is Democrats putting up multi-trillion dollar spending plan and plan after plan and then asking how Republicans would cut spending. Seems rather hypocritical.

What I see is Democrats putting up multi-trillion dollar spending plan and plan after plan and then asking how Republicans would cut spending. Seems rather hypocritical.
Why don't you want to back up your words?

If you don't want to cut spending, fine. Just say so.

You keep trying to change the subject.

Could we have imagined in 1975 the tens of millions of jobs in the computer industry coming in the future? Or the telecommunications industry?

Some of the jobs of the future will be in automated car services. Some will be in financial services. Some will be in nanotechnology. Some will be in energy. Many will be in fields we can't even imagine yet.

All will require heavy duty technical and engineering training.

Generalizations that we have no idea whether it will ever happen. Many of these kinds of jobs can be done in India for far less also.

Generalizations that we have no idea whether it will ever happen. Many of these kinds of jobs can be done in India for far less also.
We are already importing skilled tech workers from India. And other countries. Because we are a country of uneducated morons.

Let's travel back in time 60 years...

FARMER: What will my toddler son do when he grows up if he isn't going to be a farmer, dad blast it?

PSYCHIC: (*peers into crystal ball*) Your son is going to be in charge of the maintenance for satellite uplink/downlink terminals at Verizon.

FARMER: What's a satellite, and WHAT THE HELL IS A VERIZON!?!

PSYCHIC: I don't know, but if I were you, I'd be whipping him with a switch if he doesn't get straight A's in mathematics and science.

FARMER: Will he be handsome? Will he be rich?

PSYCHIC: Que sera, sera. Whatever will be, will be. The future's not ours to see...

Most people working for Verizon are just getting by. I'm sure you probably understand that the turn over is quite high.

We are already importing skilled tech workers from India. And other countries. Because we are a country of uneducated morons.

We are importing workers because they will initially work for less. Disney did this a few years ago. People were doing these jobs already. They were not uneducated. The foreign workers would work for less.

One thing is certain. Whatever the future holds, it ill have no room for 8th grade dropouts.

We are going to need advanced technical and engineering know-how.

Forum List

Back