Republicans & Homosexuality ?!

What's your opinion about homosexuality?

• Homosexuality must be illegal and punishable.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
you believe homosexuality is sin?

Yep
But what shall they do then? Cut their ***** and sit down in their home and do nothing about their natural emotions? or what? what is the better alternative of you and Christianity to solve this issue?
Are you ever had a gay as friend or family member? Are you really know enough about this people?

God created them himself. The big question is, If this is a sin, then why god created them with this strong feelings and then demands that they should ignore their feelings? It seems cruelly and illogical.

I have discussed this issue with many Iranians and i just curious about opinions of other people.

I know gay people but to my knowledge there are none in my family. There is no evidence gays are born gay, some say it's how they are raised and other reasons so I can't take it as fact they are born gay. The Bible says it's a sin, I'm a Christian and it's my belief it's sinful. I don't have issues with gays as long as they don't try and force their lifestyle on me or our children, if they want to be pretend married go for it but too many of them have become militant and they are well past annoying, they demand tolerance but too many times they don't give tolerance. If a group wants to be equal they can't be demanding special status and many gays are advocating that

Actually evidence was presented on another thread. Check the archives.

It is how the brain developer in the early stages, the fluctuation of hormones and chemicals in the mother.

It can be seen in brain scans.
Sounds like bullshit, does it also explain why some people get into group sex? Or sadomasochism? Or bi-sexuality? If you can show that I'll believe you. No, I won't do your research for you and bluffing won't work.

Group sex, sadomasochism and bisexuality were not studied, just gay and straight people, and yes, they did notice that there were similarities in the way straight males and gay female brains, as well as the way straight female and gay male brains were structured.

Here's 2 articles, one from Time and one from New Scientist.

Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

Gay brains structured like those of the opposite sex

Group sex, sadomasochism and bisexuality were not studied, just gay and straight people, and yes, they did notice that there were similarities in the way straight males and gay female brains, as well as the way straight female and gay male brains were structured.

Breaking News, Analysis, Politics, Blogs, News Photos, Video, Tech Reviews - TIME.com

So, bad wiring then?

But what shall they do then? Cut their ***** and sit down in their home and do nothing about their natural emotions? or what? what is the better alternative of you and Christianity to solve this issue?
Are you ever had a gay as friend or family member? Are you really know enough about this people?

God created them himself. The big question is, If this is a sin, then why god created them with this strong feelings and then demands that they should ignore their feelings? It seems cruelly and illogical.

I have discussed this issue with many Iranians and i just curious about opinions of other people.

I know gay people but to my knowledge there are none in my family. There is no evidence gays are born gay, some say it's how they are raised and other reasons so I can't take it as fact they are born gay. The Bible says it's a sin, I'm a Christian and it's my belief it's sinful. I don't have issues with gays as long as they don't try and force their lifestyle on me or our children, if they want to be pretend married go for it but too many of them have become militant and they are well past annoying, they demand tolerance but too many times they don't give tolerance. If a group wants to be equal they can't be demanding special status and many gays are advocating that

It is how the brain developer in the early stages, the fluctuation of hormones and chemicals in the mother.

Sounds like bullshit, does it also explain why some people get into group sex? Or sadomasochism? Or bi-sexuality? If you can show that I'll believe you. No, I won't do your research for you and bluffing won't work.

I don't do your homework. If you can't find anything worth posting I have no reason to go there. But it's bullshit anyway. Chemicals and hormones during our formation make us male or female. Only a pure idiot would believe the male hormones made it to the rest of the body but not the brain.

So, bad wiring then?

Dunno if I would consider it "bad" wiring, just different. Remember, the brains of artists and geniuses are wired differently than Joe and Jane Average.

I don't do your homework. If you can't find anything worth posting I have no reason to go there. But it's bullshit anyway. Chemicals and hormones during our formation make us male or female. Only a pure idiot would believe the male hormones made it to the rest of the body but not the brain.

You aren't doing my homework, the links are in my original post (I see you took them out here).

And.............sorry, but since I'm not a doctor or a brain scientist, I tend to trust those who have actually spent time studying and researching a subject rather than some blowhard on the internet.

And it's not the hormones "making it to the brain", it's actually in the way the brain grows during gestation, meaning it's the structure.

You aren't doing my homework, the links are in my original post (I see you took them out here).

And.............sorry, but since I'm not a doctor or a brain scientist, I tend to trust those who have actually spent time studying and researching a subject rather than some blowhard on the internet.

And it's not the hormones "making it to the brain", it's actually in the way the brain grows during gestation, meaning it's the structure.
If you are too lazy to post the content that supports your assertion then I'm too lazy to go there and try to figure out what the fuck you're babbling about.

The blowhard is the guy with zero substance proclaiming science has discovered the unthinkable. A man can be born with a female brain!

I suspect that would have made the news.

If you are too lazy to post the content that supports your assertion then I'm too lazy to go there and try to figure out what the fuck you're babbling about.

The blowhard is the guy with zero substance proclaiming science has discovered the unthinkable. A man can be born with a female brain!

Actually, it DID make the news, it was reported on by Time and the BBC, both which are reasonable news sources.

But, if you're too lazy to click on a link, here's a copy of the article in New Scientist, if you want to read the whole thing, click on the link.

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.

The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy, says Ivanka Savic, who conducted the study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.

“This is the most robust measure so far of cerebral differences between homosexual and heterosexual subjects,” she says.

Previous studies have also shown differences in brain architecture and activity between gay and straight people, but most relied on people’s responses to sexuality driven cues that could have been learned, such as rating the attractiveness of male or female faces.

Brain symmetry

To get round this, Savic and her colleague, Per Lindström, chose to measure brain parameters likely to have been fixed at birth.

“That was the whole point of the study, to show parameters that differ, but which couldn’t be altered by learning or cognitive processes,” says Savic.

First they used MRI scans to find out the overall volume and shapes of brains in a group of 90 volunteers consisting of 25 heterosexuals and 20 homosexuals of each gender.

The results showed that straight men had asymmetric brains, with the right hemisphere slightly larger – and the gay women also had this asymmetry. Gay men, meanwhile, had symmetrical brains like those of straight women.

The team next used PET scans to measure blood flow to the amygdala, part of the brain that governs fear and aggression. The images revealed how the amygdala connected to other parts of the brain, giving clues to how this might influence behaviour.

Depression link

They found that the patterns of connectivity in gay men matched those of straight women, and vice versa (see image, above right). In straight women and gay men, the connections were mainly into regions of the brain that manifest fear as intense anxiety.

“The regions involved in phobia, anxiety and depression overlap with the pattern we see from the amygdala,” says Savic.

This is significant, she says, and fits with data showing that women are three times as likely as men to suffer from mood disorders or depression. Gay men have higher rates of depression too, she says, but it’s difficult to know whether this is down to biology, homophobia or simply feelings of being “different”.

In straight men and lesbians, the amygdala fed its signals mainly into the sensorimotor cortex and the striatum, regions of the brain that trigger the “fight or flight” response. “It’s a more action-related response than in women,” says Savic.

There.....I did the work for you even though you couldn't click on a link. Happy?

Actually, it DID make the news, it was reported on by Time and the BBC, both which are reasonable news sources.

But, if you're too lazy to click on a link, here's a copy of the article in New Scientist, if you want to read the whole thing, click on the link.

Brain scans have provided the most compelling evidence yet that being gay or straight is a biologically fixed trait.

The scans reveal that in gay people, key structures of the brain governing emotion, mood, anxiety and aggressiveness resemble those in straight people of the opposite sex.

The differences are likely to have been forged in the womb or in early infancy, says Ivanka Savic, who conducted the study at the Karolinska Institute in Stockholm, Sweden.

“This is the most robust measure so far of cerebral differences between homosexual and heterosexual subjects,” she says.

Previous studies have also shown differences in brain architecture and activity between gay and straight people, but most relied on people’s responses to sexuality driven cues that could have been learned, such as rating the attractiveness of male or female faces.

Brain symmetry

To get round this, Savic and her colleague, Per Lindström, chose to measure brain parameters likely to have been fixed at birth.

“That was the whole point of the study, to show parameters that differ, but which couldn’t be altered by learning or cognitive processes,” says Savic.

First they used MRI scans to find out the overall volume and shapes of brains in a group of 90 volunteers consisting of 25 heterosexuals and 20 homosexuals of each gender.

The results showed that straight men had asymmetric brains, with the right hemisphere slightly larger – and the gay women also had this asymmetry. Gay men, meanwhile, had symmetrical brains like those of straight women.

The team next used PET scans to measure blood flow to the amygdala, part of the brain that governs fear and aggression. The images revealed how the amygdala connected to other parts of the brain, giving clues to how this might influence behaviour.

Depression link

They found that the patterns of connectivity in gay men matched those of straight women, and vice versa (see image, above right). In straight women and gay men, the connections were mainly into regions of the brain that manifest fear as intense anxiety.

“The regions involved in phobia, anxiety and depression overlap with the pattern we see from the amygdala,” says Savic.

This is significant, she says, and fits with data showing that women are three times as likely as men to suffer from mood disorders or depression. Gay men have higher rates of depression too, she says, but it’s difficult to know whether this is down to biology, homophobia or simply feelings of being “different”.

In straight men and lesbians, the amygdala fed its signals mainly into the sensorimotor cortex and the striatum, regions of the brain that trigger the “fight or flight” response. “It’s a more action-related response than in women,” says Savic.

There.....I did the work for you even though you couldn't click on a link. Happy?
You didn't do the work for me, you made the assertion, not me. I've heard of the gay gene being found, then debunked. The study looks like bullshit, especially when they use terms like homophobia. That's a scientific phrase now? Nor does it explain how some identical twins can have different sexual interests. They sampled a whopping 90 people who already had developed their sexual preferences? LOL.

Brain symmetry

Depression link

You didn't do the work for me, you made the assertion, not me. I've heard of the gay gene being found, then debunked. The study looks like bullshit, especially when they use terms like homophobia. That's a scientific phrase now? Nor does it explain how some identical twins can have different sexual interests. They sampled a whopping 90 people who already had developed their sexual preferences? LOL.

A simple Google search reveals it's a junk science site

A "gay gene" is much different than brain structure.
Yes, I said it was from a while ago. That's not a big sampling, it sounds like they were trying to confirm what they believed. Like i said, there are twins with different desires. Human sexuality is complex, I don't care what people do, neither do most people. They just don't like getting sued for shying away from things that make them feel uncomfortable.

Yes, I said it was from a while ago. That's not a big sampling, it sounds like they were trying to confirm what they believed. Like i said, there are twins with different desires. Human sexuality is complex, I don't care what people do, neither do most people. They just don't like getting sued for shying away from things that make them feel uncomfortable.

You DO realize that there is no such thing as a true "identical twin", because their fingerprints and eye irises (2 modern methods for ID), will be different? If something like that can be different, then why not brain structure? Too bad they didn't have twins they could study as well who had different sexual preferences.

And, since it truly does appear that people are born that way, is it right to discriminate against them for it?

If so, then we should discriminate against anyone who isn't formed perfect and straight, meaning discriminate against those with Down's syndrome as well?

Or, do we simply accept them as being different and allow them to exist peacefully in our society, with all the benefits that everyone else gets?

Which is it?

abuse, persecution, denial of right, lack of respect............................

LGBT are just people and seen the righto to be themselves and not verbally of physically abuse. To have the same right to marry and be happy as any other person.

They don't need false labels or hatred. They don't need people calling the perverts or trying to change them against their will to fit come "christian" idea. What of christian tolerance and love, what of jesus welcoming the lepers and groups on the outside of society?

If jesus can lay with a naked man, why can't other men? Why do certain christian or muslim groups have the right to judge and condemn?

LGBT are like everyone else, uniquely themselves.
Lots of baseless assertions there. Who is abusing homosexuals these days?

But Jesus was gay??? Seriously?
the same people who have always abused homosexuals some even on this site.
Failing to suck your dick isn't abuse.
Denying people their rights because of their colour or sexuality is abusive behaviour. You cant really change the way that sick minded haters think but you can insist that they are not allowed to affect others.
It creases me how the religious nuts invert reality and paint themselves as victims.
Repeating stupid shit doesn't make it true. I'm not religious, dumbfuck. And all men have had the same rights since long ago.
Bullshit! when did women and blacks get the right to vote?
For white women about 100 years ago blacks, decades after that.
Same sex marriage a little less than a year ago.
Not very long ago at all.

?

So, bad wiring then?
You are the best example of bad wiring I've ever encountered and I'm an electrician among other things.

Brain symmetry

Depression link

A simple Google search reveals it's a junk science site
How would you know ?
you wouldn't know real science if it bitch slapped you, as it has your whole life.

abuse, persecution, denial of right, lack of respect............................

LGBT are just people and seen the righto to be themselves and not verbally of physically abuse. To have the same right to marry and be happy as any other person.

They don't need false labels or hatred. They don't need people calling the perverts or trying to change them against their will to fit come "christian" idea. What of christian tolerance and love, what of jesus welcoming the lepers and groups on the outside of society?

If jesus can lay with a naked man, why can't other men? Why do certain christian or muslim groups have the right to judge and condemn?

Denying people their rights because of their colour or sexuality is abusive behaviour. You cant really change the way that sick minded haters think but you can insist that they are not allowed to affect others.
It creases me how the religious nuts invert reality and paint themselves as victims.
Repeating stupid shit doesn't make it true. I'm not religious, dumbfuck. And all men have had the same rights since long ago.

the right to love who they want and to commit to that person for live. The right to be happy and not have others judge him because he is himself.

You don't have join, just let them live and let live.

>>And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked. (Mark 14:51-52, KJV<<

It was not average behavior to be naked, so there must have a significance to not just mentioning but repeating the nakedness. The naked man appears in both Mark and the secret gospels of Mark.

So, bad wiring then?

Nature created wiring. Just different, or unique wiring.
Homosexual behavior have existed since dinosaurs and today in most animals species.
It might not be the majority, but it is not unnatural or sinful.

the right to love who they want and to commit to that person for live. The right to be happy and not have others judge him because he is himself.

>>And there followed him a certain young man, having a linen cloth cast about his naked body; and the young men laid hold on him: And he left the linen cloth, and fled from them naked. (Mark 14:51-52, KJV<<

It was not average behavior to be naked, so there must have a significance to not just mentioning but repeating the nakedness. The naked man appears in both Mark and the secret gospels of Mark.

You DO realize that there is no such thing as a true "identical twin", because their fingerprints and eye irises (2 modern methods for ID), will be different? If something like that can be different, then why not brain structure? Too bad they didn't have twins they could study as well who had different sexual preferences.

And, since it truly does appear that people are born that way, is it right to discriminate against them for it?

If so, then we should discriminate against anyone who isn't formed perfect and straight, meaning discriminate against those with Down's syndrome as well?

Or, do we simply accept them as being different and allow them to exist peacefully in our society, with all the benefits that everyone else gets?

Which is it?
Why do you assholes need to misrepresent others? Is it possible you know you're full of shit? Because if your weren't there would be no need to bother. So the bodies of identical twins are the same but their brains are different, and you buy that?

The ones not letting others live in peace are those trying to destroy the life of those that disagree with them, that would be the Gaystapo, not the people minding their own business.

Nature created wiring. Just different, or unique wiring.
Homosexual behavior have existed since dinosaurs and today in most animals species.
It might not be the majority, but it is not unnatural or sinful.
I don't recall advocating killing homosexuals. Would you kindly point that post out? Perhaps I was drunk.

No, homosexuals don't exist in animals, that's not how nature designed genders. There are reasons less dominant males would groom each other but they aren't having anal sex. Male mammals prefer females in the real world. So much of the gay agenda is based on lies and distortions, that's the real problem, not so much what they do in private, most folks don't care.

And yes, I am well familiar with the militant gay twist to Mark 14. It's laughable.

Forum List

Back