Republicans how are you going win national elections with minority vote growing?

Why do liberals assume Hispanics will always vote Democrat clear enough?

Thank you. They will until the GOP reaches out sincerely to Hispanic needs.

Perhaps you have not noticed but the Hispanic community is not overly thrilled with the way Obama and the Democrats have responded to their needs. Its been my observation the Hispanic community does not always block vote for one party the way the black community does with the Democrats the Hispanic vote is always up for grabs. I do agree the Republicans will have to a better job of outreaching to Hispanics I would also caution Democrats not to just assume they own that vote.

So you think that over 70% of the vote is not "Bloc voting like the Blacks" do? :)

That's pretty much the same number for Asians and Jews. Why do some people seem to always focus their angst toward "the Blacks" and then wonder why not a few Blacks think they have have a racial chip on their shoulder?

I find it "funny" that the Black people many conservatives seem to highlight as the next "hope" , are the ones who make ignorant blanket generalizations about "the Blacks" in general. You know the fare; "The Blacks are on the Democrat Plantation", "The Blacks are brainwashed so they vote Democrat", "The blacks vote Democrat because they want handouts", as well as other "slavery" references. All courtesy of west, cain, and carson.

Tim Scott, gets a mention, but no "Presidential prospect" talk that cain, west, and carson get. J.C. watts, you hardly hear about him unless you are looking, Colin Powell, all you hear from most of these "conservative republicans" are insults, Michael Steele, not much traction.

Perhaps you have not noticed but the Hispanic community is not overly thrilled with the way Obama and the Democrats have responded to their needs. Its been my observation the Hispanic community does not always block vote for one party the way the black community does with the Democrats the Hispanic vote is always up for grabs. I do agree the Republicans will have to a better job of outreaching to Hispanics I would also caution Democrats not to just assume they own that vote.

So you think that over 70% of the vote is not "Bloc voting like the Blacks" do? :)

That's pretty much the same number for Asians and Jews. Why do some people seem to always focus their angst toward "the Blacks" and then wonder why not a few Blacks think they have have a racial chip on their shoulder?

I find it "funny" that the Black people many conservatives seem to highlight as the next "hope" , are the ones who make ignorant blanket generalizations about "the Blacks" in general. You know the fare; "The Blacks are on the Democrat Plantation", "The Blacks are brainwashed so they vote Democrat", "The blacks vote Democrat because they want handouts", as well as other "slavery" references. All courtesy of west, cain, and carson.

Tim Scott, gets a mention, but no "Presidential prospect" talk that cain, west, and carson get. J.C. watts, you hardly hear about him unless you are looking, Colin Powell, all you hear from most of these "conservative republicans" are insults, Michael Steele, not much traction.

You make a good point

Republicans whine about Hispanics and Blacks just wanting "free stuff"

But republicans poll just as poorly among Asians and Jews who do very well economically

The bottom line is that Republicans are just offensive

Last edited:

You make a good point

Republicans whine about Hispanics and Blacks just wanting "free stuff"

But republicans poll just as poorly among Asians and Jews who do very well economically

The bottom line is that Republicans are just offensive[

I just find it funny that many republicans and conservatives come out with the "I stand with Israel" stuff , yet only a small minority of Jews vote for them in national elections. Have you and others noticed that they don't use the same derogatory blanket generalizations about "The Jews" as they use against "The Blacks" who they pretty much make no effort to reach them and pretty much every other effort to outright call them "*******", yet they have this overwhelming "astonishment " as to why "the Blacks" don't vote for them and join their party? :lol:

Last edited:
I tell the truth to the far delusional right of our GOP. Don't like it? :lol: Yes, business has knowingly hired millions of illegals as you will know. The fines are cheaper than paying fair wages. If you deny that business wants cheap labor, then you have nothing to offer this discussion.

The TPM allied with business screwed up the GOP. We lost the Senate in 2010 and 2012, when we should have easily captured it. The TPM was responsible for the President's second victory. But . . . as I said from the beginning here, the day would come when the GoP would break the TP's back politically.

And that has been fulfilled in trump.

Back to "we" again I see. "They" earlier in the thread, but I guess that was a slip.:eusa_shhh:

I personally have yet to meet a hiring manager that would knowingly hire an illegal. The people pushing for higher profits are usually pretty far removed from the hiring process for positions that illegals would be getting. Why would a low-level manager stick his neck out there to hire illegals? So if the business gets called on it they can fire him and say, "We had no idea he was hiring illegals?"

I don't have any data, but I would be willing to bet more illegals are getting employment under false pretenses than are hired with the full knowledge of their employer.

Either way, I'm not going to make blanket statements without facts to back them up.

You offered your personal anecdote. No one cares. I like this, "I don't have any data, but I would be willing to bet more illegals are getting employment under false pretenses than are hired with the full knowledge of their employer." But you did not finish it with "because it is cheaper to not know officially."

Both the Dems (for votes) and the Pubs (for cheap wages) want these immigrants, who eventually will become, or their children will become, citizens.
Limited personal evidence is better than no evidence at all.

I can make statements like, "liberals hate vanilla ice cream" all day long. That doesn't make it true. A statement like, "every liberal I know hates vanilla ice cream" at least shows some personal experience as backing for the idea that liberals hate vanilla ice cream. If I wanted to prove that liberals hate vanilla ice cream, I would have to get some actual evidence.

I admitted that I had no evidence, but at least I presented my personal experience fully labeled as such rather than making unsupported blanket statements.

The millennials don't see Obama as either the savior or the cause.

They understand that it was the GOP Congress from 1994 to 2006 with complacent presidents. They think the Dems, although hobbled by the far left, do care about the citizenry whereas the GOP cares only about business.

They are isolationist in international affairs. They are terrified of the political power of Big Business. They don't give a fuck about social con worries on abortion, LGBT, etc. They generally think the over forty crowd is stupid, particularly the far right crowd. This not a paradigm for GOP success.

They don't want your world, guys.

You are very, very foolish if you think you have any idea about what is important to the 34 and younger voters.

Very, very foolish.

Again, the voters coming of age see 8 years of failed O policies, no jobs, no hope and so on. They need jobs not condoms.

The problem about yours and [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] posts are that this is pretty much what you said in 2012. In 2008, Obama got 353 electoral votes. In 2012, he received 332.

I know that every election cycle is different but can you at least show the math and demonstrate where the other 64 electoral votes come from--name the states. I mean do you really believe that Illinois will go red? Or Michigan? Or Pennsylvania which hasn't gone red since 1988 when I was in school?

I get that you really have to be optimistic but if you can't show at least some of the math, optimism looks an awfully lot like wishful thinking.

I don't have a crystal ball nor do I pretend to - but I can see Virginia (13) , Ohio (18), NM (5), Colo (9) and Florida (29) going GOP.

In my experience Partisan Politics is highly cyclical. What looks insurmountable one cycle, becomes easy the next. I believe the current electoral cycle strongly favors the GOP. We've all seen the data that indicates that younger voters that supported Obama in 08 and 12 are disengaged or disgusted with politics. The few that are still interested identify as Libertarian more than at any other time. That is good news for the Republicans. I expect the GOP to pick up 7-9 Senate Seats in 2014.

But again - it is WAY to early to seriously speculate....we don't even know who's running yet.

:thup:

Again, the voters coming of age see 8 years of failed O policies, no jobs, no hope and so on. They need jobs not condoms.

The problem about yours and [MENTION=20854]Zander[/MENTION] posts are that this is pretty much what you said in 2012. In 2008, Obama got 353 electoral votes. In 2012, he received 332.

I know that every election cycle is different but can you at least show the math and demonstrate where the other 64 electoral votes come from--name the states. I mean do you really believe that Illinois will go red? Or Michigan? Or Pennsylvania which hasn't gone red since 1988 when I was in school?

I get that you really have to be optimistic but if you can't show at least some of the math, optimism looks an awfully lot like wishful thinking.

I don't have a crystal ball nor do I pretend to - but I can see Virginia (13) , Ohio (18), NM (5), Colo (9) and Florida (29) going GOP.

In my experience Partisan Politics is highly cyclical. What looks insurmountable one cycle, becomes easy the next. I believe the current electoral cycle strongly favors the GOP. We've all seen the data that indicates that younger voters that supported Obama in 08 and 12 are disengaged or disgusted with politics. The few that are still interested identify as Libertarian more than at any other time. That is good news for the Republicans. I expect the GOP to pick up 7-9 Senate Seats in 2014.

But again - it is WAY to early to seriously speculate....we don't even know who's running yet.

:thup:

New Mexico isn't much of a swing state anymore, and Virginia isn't turning blue due to minorities, it's turning blue due to Urbanization.

Republicans don't need to do anything to win. As children become adults they become more conservative. They also vote more regularly. After 8 years of Obama failure, the next generation of voters will all be conservatives.

This younger crop of voters has seen 8 years of failure under O and the dems. They'll vote against failure in the coming elections. Same happened in the late 60's and with carter.

They understand that it was the GOP Congress from 1994 to 2006 with complacent presidents. They think the Dems, although hobbled by the far left, do care about the citizenry whereas the GOP cares only about business.

They are isolationist in international affairs. They are terrified of the political power of Big Business. They don't give a fuck about social con worries on abortion, LGBT, etc. They generally think the over forty crowd is stupid, particularly the far right crowd. This not a paradigm for GOP success.

You are very, very foolish if you think you have any idea about what is important to the 34 and younger voters.

Very, very foolish.

Jake, just how old are you? And how can you know exactly what millennials think? Being 26 years old, that makes me a millennial. I can tell you flat out that millennials like me know what the real cause is, Obama. He didn't do what he promised he would do. Most of us (excluding myself) voted for Obama, now we want him gone:

IOP Releases New Fall Poll, 5 Key Findings And Trends in Millennial Viewpoints | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

We're more tolerant towards gay marriage, but are less keen on legalized abortion. Static viewpoints are so cliche, Jake. More of us are identifying with Republicans each and every year that goes by. A majority of us support recalling and replacing Obama, who as it stands now is the sole cause of the problems this country faces right now.

bh, ask your question more clearly, please

Why do liberals assume Hispanics will always vote Democrat clear enough?

I don't assume they will always vote democrat. I hope people from many different "racial" groups will join the Republican party as well as the Democratic Party and basically vote for the best person. Regarding "minorities", I want forward thinking, positive thinking, open minded, results oriented (willing to cross party lines for the good) , "minorities" to join the republican party en masse' and change their current "complexion" back to their original roots instead of today's perverted version of it.

Fair enough I should have phrased the question as some liberals not simply liberals.

This younger crop of voters has seen 8 years of failure under O and the dems. They'll vote against failure in the coming elections. Same happened in the late 60's and with carter.

Very, very foolish.

Jake, just how old are you? And how can you know exactly what millennials think? Being 26 years old, that makes me a millennial. I can tell you flat out that millennials like me know what the real cause is, Obama. He didn't do what he promised he would do. Most of us (excluding myself) voted for Obama, now we want him gone:

IOP Releases New Fall Poll, 5 Key Findings And Trends in Millennial Viewpoints | The Institute of Politics at Harvard University

We're more tolerant towards gay marriage, but are less keen on legalized abortion. Static viewpoints are so cliche, Jake. More of us are identifying with Republicans each and every year that goes by. A majority of us support recalling and replacing Obama, who as it stands now is the sole cause of the problems this country faces right now.

Your own link shows that approval of Republicans among milenials has shrunk significantly in the last five years

TK, as a former school board president I have been around the age group of 16 to 34 now since 2001. You are in a small minority of your own group, you know it, you know you don't fit in with most (not a bad thing), so don't think you can speak for them. Your own stats do not agree with your anecdotal evidence.

Your own link shows that approval of Republicans among milenials has shrunk significantly in the last five years

It helps to disaggregate the data.

CIRCLE_2012Election_YouthVoteChoiceByRaceGender.jpg

Bush did a decent job getting the Hispanic vote which is why I feel it is always up for grabs in any election clearly that changed with McCain and Romney because they were simply weak candidates in my view. There is dissatisfaction with Obama and the Democrats from Hispanic voters which is why I feel the vote could swing back towards Republicans in November as with all things political it depends on how good the candidates are and how good their message is.

Bush did a decent job getting the Hispanic vote which is why I feel it is always up for grabs in any election clearly that changed with McCain and Romney because they were simply weak candidates in my view.

Step back and think this through. It really is no blessing if one Republican candidate captures 42% of the Hispanic vote compared to another Republican candidate capturing 39% for the outcomes is still the same, the Democrats capture the majority in both cases.

There really isn't a silver lining here, like "We lose money on every widget but we'll make it up with volume."

There is dissatisfaction with Obama and the Democrats from Hispanic voters which is why I feel the vote could swing back towards Republicans in November as with all things political it depends on how good the candidates are and how good their message is.

The Republicans can never out-Democrat the Democrats. When Democrats implement race-focused policies and Republicans continue to advance race-neutral policies, then the Republicans can never out-bribe the Democrats in the racial spoils game.

Bush did a decent job getting the Hispanic vote which is why I feel it is always up for grabs in any election clearly that changed with McCain and Romney because they were simply weak candidates in my view. There is dissatisfaction with Obama and the Democrats from Hispanic voters which is why I feel the vote could swing back towards Republicans in November as with all things political it depends on how good the candidates are and how good their message is.

Bush supported immigration reform. His own party blocked it

Since then, Republicans have done everything possible to block every initiative regardless of how it is supported by the American public

Any possibility of getting the Hispanic vote in the foreseeable future is blown

Bush was an idiot. Conservatives across the land weren't.

Since then, Republicans have done everything possible to block every initiative regardless of how it is supported by the American public

Good for them.

There has never been a possibility of capturing the Hispanic vote and until Republicans decide to engage in a racial spoils free-for-all to match the Democrats they possibility of capturing a majority of the Hispanic vote is zilch. Secondly, if the Republicans ever do decide to engage in racial bribery they run the risk of alienating their white voter base, whose hides will suffer as all of the racial goodies have to be stripped from someone's hide in order to be paid out.

Republican voters have shown their support for race-neutral policies. Blacks and Hispanics have shown that they favor racial goodies doled out by Democrats. That's the lay of the land.

It was a combination of Bush pushing for immigration reform and Kerry not courting the hispanic vote at all that caused Bush to get a whole 44% of the hispanic vote in 2004.

It's why Kerry banked on Ohio in 2004 and not Florida. He knew he wasn't performing well with Hispanics, so he just gave up on them. He also lost New Mexico, unlike Gore in 2000. And he was performing better with midwesterners, like winning Iowa, unlike Gore again. Hence Kerry ignored the hispanics mostly, namely Florida, and focused on the midwest, namely Ohio.

In the end, Bush's 2004 election is not a norm, it's a fluke. If you look at the historical norm it is nowhere near 44%.

Further, the GOP has done absolutely nothing to improve the hispanic vote, if anything it's gotten worse.

Last edited:

Bush was an idiot. Conservatives across the land weren't.

Good for them.

There has never been a possibility of capturing the Hispanic vote and until Republicans decide to engage in a racial spoils free-for-all to match the Democrats they possibility of capturing a majority of the Hispanic vote is zilch. Secondly, if the Republicans ever do decide to engage in racial bribery they run the risk of alienating their white voter base, whose hides will suffer as all of the racial goodies have to be stripped from someone's hide in order to be paid out.

Republican voters have shown their support for race-neutral policies. Blacks and Hispanics have shown that they favor racial goodies doled out by Democrats. That's the lay of the land.

Florida, Arizona, Texas......get ready to lose them forever

Also get ready to not win the White House for a generation

Florida, Arizona, Texas......get ready to lose them forever

Quite likely but the countervailing trend will be to capture states which are not dominated by Hispanics.

These are dynamic issues, not static ones. When one factor changes all the other factors don't remain unchanged, they respond.

Look at Romney's performance in the last election - he handily won all key white demographics, men, women, youth.

The $1,000,000 question here is "What is the ceiling on proportion of white votes?" As Democrats increasingly award racial spoils in order to capture minority votes, how long can white Democrats stick with the party which is disadvantaging them and their children?

The white share of the vote going to Republicans has been increasing at the same time that the Hispanic share of the vote going to Democrats has been increasing. All the media focus is on the Hispanic vote but the white vote is more significant in that whites are a larger demographic group than Hispanics and whites are more actively engaged in politics than Hispanics, thus multiplying their influence.

My point is that there are two trends in play, not just one. The final tally will depend on the NET DIFFERENCE. Will Republicans capture more white votes than the Hispanic votes that the Democrats capture?

The situation on the Southern border suggest otherwise Republicans said many times the border needed to be secured first before there was immigration reform the President and Democrats told us just as many times it was secure we know that is not the case.Right now the Democrats will have a hard time selling we can do immigration reform because the border is secure to anyone no matter what their ethnic background is.

Forum List

Back