Republicans..The real allies of African Americans

Saying blacks are free men and women who can think for themselves is a silly-ass comment?

In itself, no, but if so, then you have to accept that those free men and women who can think for themselves do not, in their free thinking, see the Republican Party as the defenders of their interests.

There was a time when they did. In 1932, black activists for Roosevelt had to work against the entrenched GOP preference among black voters going all the way back to the Civil War and Reconstruction. There was a flier put out by some black political group or other, I forget which, that started, "Abraham Lincoln is not a candidate in this year's election."

The thing is, when 90% or more of black voters consistently vote Democratic, it becomes a little strained for Republicans to claim that they are the ones who really represent black interests. The only argument presented here so far involves "dependence on government," which completely ignores the difficulties faced by poor people generally and poor people of color in particular in finding work that pays a living wage, particularly in this economy. Over the last thirty years, the bar to a middle-class income has been raised higher and higher so that fewer and fewer people achieve it. It's reached a point now when big companies that made fortunes marketing products to middle-class people now ignore that demographic and concentrate on the poor and the rich -- because that's increasingly what's left. While both parties are at fault to a degree, the primary blame lies with the Republicans. Black voters understand this. It's not rocket science.

The reason that black people vote Democratic is simple, and it's the same reason they used to vote Republican a long time ago: precisely BECAUSE they're free men and women who think for themselves, and are not persuaded by bogus arguments that making things harder for them is somehow in their favor.
A large part of the problem is the lefts constantly screeching that the right is racist -- when there's no evidence of it.

Of course, the left just wants the black vote, so they don't really care how they get it. Same as it ever was.

Prove it. This is what I mean. You make your silly Hard Right reactionary comments without any evidence. They are free men and women, who think for themselves, and they vote against our GOP because of people like you and Unkotare and your silly ass comments.
Saying blacks are free men and women who can think for themselves is a silly-ass comment?

:confused:

Jake, in your blind defense of the Democratic Party, you're gone around the bend.

Trying to fix a problem with our Republican Party is not a "blind defense of the Democratic Party." The silly ass comment was about your and Unkotare's comments.

You need to read, kid.

You silly reactionary wack so bad want to be a Republican. No.
So, you stepped on your crank with golf spikes, and it's MY fault. :lol:

Why can't you ever take responsibility for yourself, boy?

Oh, yeah -- because you're a leftist.

I don't see you refuting anything he said. Why don't you give it a try?

I've asked him, and others who respond to my posts with ad-homs suggestive of mouth foaming, repeatedly to do that, so far without much success. I think what's happening here is that they don't really know how to respond to what I'm saying, and so crap like the above is really all they can do without agreeing with me.

It's also interesting that this is about the fourth or fifth time now that Unkotare has said "you are officially not worth the trouble" or words to that effect, yet he keeps on troubling for some reason . . .

What I said in the last post is that 1) blacks tend to vote heavily Democratic in U.S. national elections (true or false?); 2) over the last 30 years, it's become harder and harder to achieve a middle-class income, so that fewer and fewer accomplish it (true or false?); black voters have minds of their own and can decide whom to vote for (true or false?).

To say that self-evident statements like these have been "proven false over and over" is, frankly, a sign of desperation, as in fact is the entire resort to ad hominem on the part of people like Unkotare. It shows that they are unable to rebut what I'm saying with logic or evidence. It makes them mad, and that shows, too.

They are very desperate, the Far Hard Right wacks like Unkotare, Jroc, JRK, daveman and the rest. They can't argue the points on this, so they simply keep frothing.
And Jake agrees with and comes to the defense of another USMB leftist. :clap2:

People who disagree with you are first and always Americans, some are leftist, some are moderate, some are responsible Republicans, like me.

You are a Far Hard Right desperate wack who can't offer any sensible defense for his nonsense.

Your choices have consequences, and we Americans will hold you to your choices. Nuff said.

People who disagree with you are first and always Americans, some are leftist, some are moderate, some are responsible Republicans, like me.

You are a Far Hard Right desperate wack who can't offer any sensible defense for his nonsense.

Your choices have consequences, and we Americans will hold you to your choices. Nuff said.
A "responsible Republican" complaining that Obama isn't far enough left:
I got on Obama about not pushing through a single payer health care, got on him about not bringing the Iraq troops home more quickly, plus a few other things.

Show of hands -- who believes Fakey's horseshit?

I count none. :lol:

You are a Far Hard Right wack who is not a conservative, daveman. Those in the mainstream are not folks like you. Obama has not shown leadership, he certainly didn't when he could have rammed health care through. Romney did it the right way at the state level. The GOP has offered nothing worthwhile on the issue. If we Republicans generally won't do it, then we need to support those like Romney who have shown the way. And that does not happen, the next Dems take over they will give us socialized national health care a German would be thrilled to get.

I'm coming in about 33 pages late here. I'm noticing how much fun y'all are having.. And all the progress..

Seems to me the largest remaining SYSTEMIC problems that the black community in America faces are:

1) The War on Drugs which has overfilled prisons and afforded kids financial incentives for becoming criminals.

2) The lack of Public School choice for Black parents that DO give a damn what hellhole their kids are forced to sit in.

3) The inability of political leadership to encourage 21st Century manufacturing to be built in this country and provide jobs.

4) A myriad of serious roadblocks to small Black Biz entreprenuers like licensing requirements for a hair braiding shop or govt corruption in granting cab licenses or leveling Black communities for redevelopment targeted to enrich large white interests.

I could go on --- you get the picture.. So Jake and my black buds here should realize that NEITHER party is gonna move these things forward. HOWEVER -- the Libertarian Party has ALL of those as their top priorities..

So where's the love? :2up: :thanks:

Last edited:
I'm coming in about 33 pages late here. I'm noticing how much fun y'all are having.. And all the progress..

Seems to me the largest remaining SYSTEMIC problems that the black community in America faces are:

1) The War on Drugs which has overfilled prisons and afforded kids financial incentives for becoming criminals.

2) The lack of Public School choice for Black parents that DO give a damn what hellhole their kids are forced to sit in.

3) The inability of political leadership to encourage 21st Century manufacturing to be built in this country and provide jobs.

4) A myriad of serious roadblocks to small Black Biz entreprenuers like licensing requirements for a hair braiding shop or govt corruption in granting cab licenses or leveling Black communities for redevelopment targeted to enrich large white interests.

I could go on --- you get the picture.. So Jake and my black buds here should realize that NEITHER party is gonna move these things forward. HOWEVER -- the Libertarian Party has ALL of those as their top priorities..

The biggest problem facing the black community is the total breakdown of the black family. Neither party can fix that......the black community must fix itself

The biggest problem facing the black community is the total breakdown of the black family. Neither party can fix that......the black community must fix itself

Obviously not ALL of them need fixing. In fact the Black Moms I saw lined up for Public School lotteries didn't seem dysfunctional at all.

So Yeah -- there's an aspect of "internal affairs" there. It would help if we removed the attractions of pushing drugs by advertising career alternatives and opportunity to their kids rather despair and "lowered expectations". RAISE the bar -- get more confident capable adolescents..

A large part of the problem is the lefts constantly screeching that the right is racist -- when there's no evidence of it.

Of course, the left just wants the black vote, so they don't really care how they get it. Same as it ever was.

What you seem to be saying here is that, contrary to what you said earlier, black voters are NOT human beings with self will able to think for themselves. You say that the left lies that the right is racist -- but obviously if that's so, the black voters buy it. You say that the left (by which in this case I suppose you mean the Democrats, inaccurate as that is) only want the black vote and don't care how they get it -- yet black voters seem to be fooled by this again and again.

So what is it? Are black voters full-fledged adult human beings able to think for themselves (in which case you have to accept that they are doing so by consistently voting Democratic), or are they little children easily fooled and led around by unscrupulous hucksters -- for decades now?

daveman has trouble seeing the inconsistency of statements in the past. However, perhaps he can change. I hope so. The GOP has to adapt to the issue. The libertarians are right that the drug laws are a great part of the problem, a perfect example of conservative progressivism ~ change of society through political means. Jail their asses seem to be the point.

It is Democrats who have provided aid to go to college, Jobs programs, pre school education....not just to blacks, but to any American struggling to escape poverty

the Democrat's welfare programs have amounted to a near genocide against blacks. Did you think it was Girl Scout welfare programs that destroyed the black family, sent the men to jail, and made the children illegitimate.

Its very easy to look at the progress blacks were making before LBJ's great welfare programs and after.

Last edited:

In itself, no, but if so, then you have to accept that those free men and women who can think for themselves do not, in their free thinking, see the Republican Party as the defenders of their interests.

There was a time when they did. In 1932, black activists for Roosevelt had to work against the entrenched GOP preference among black voters going all the way back to the Civil War and Reconstruction. There was a flier put out by some black political group or other, I forget which, that started, "Abraham Lincoln is not a candidate in this year's election."

The thing is, when 90% or more of black voters consistently vote Democratic, it becomes a little strained for Republicans to claim that they are the ones who really represent black interests. The only argument presented here so far involves "dependence on government," which completely ignores the difficulties faced by poor people generally and poor people of color in particular in finding work that pays a living wage, particularly in this economy. Over the last thirty years, the bar to a middle-class income has been raised higher and higher so that fewer and fewer people achieve it. It's reached a point now when big companies that made fortunes marketing products to middle-class people now ignore that demographic and concentrate on the poor and the rich -- because that's increasingly what's left. While both parties are at fault to a degree, the primary blame lies with the Republicans. Black voters understand this. It's not rocket science.

The reason that black people vote Democratic is simple, and it's the same reason they used to vote Republican a long time ago: precisely BECAUSE they're free men and women who think for themselves, and are not persuaded by bogus arguments that making things harder for them is somehow in their favor.

:doubt:The more you post the more you sound like all the other liberal drones on the board the facts are that all your liberal big government programs have done nothing to help the poor and Black population what helps them is less government restrictions on our capitalists system which will release our economy and help to create jobs for them. You libs and your class warfare are a joke and that’s pretty much all you got. All this big powerful government is what has created the problems we have now smaller government means all these companies wouldn't have too cozy up to the politicians for special favors, big government has created this "Crony Capitalist" system we have now and Obama just wants to add to it

they're free men and women who think for themselves,

if they think why are they voting liberal when the liberal agenda has amounted to a near genocide against them? Did you notice that the black family was intact before the liberal welfare Great Society programs.

Now you know what Prof. Walter Williams meant when he said, " we could survive slavery, we could survive Jim Crow, but we could not survive liberalism."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fXexa00BAJg&feature=related]Stossel Walter Williams Unintended Consequences - YouTube[/ame]

You are a Far Hard Right wack who is not a conservative, daveman. Those in the mainstream are not folks like you. Obama has not shown leadership, he certainly didn't when he could have rammed health care through. Romney did it the right way at the state level. The GOP has offered nothing worthwhile on the issue. If we Republicans generally won't do it, then we need to support those like Romney who have shown the way. And that does not happen, the next Dems take over they will give us socialized national health care a German would be thrilled to get.
*yawn* Aren't you late for your Obama Youth meeting?

ObamaYouth2.jpg

What you seem to be saying here is that, contrary to what you said earlier, black voters are NOT human beings with self will able to think for themselves. You say that the left lies that the right is racist -- but obviously if that's so, the black voters buy it. You say that the left (by which in this case I suppose you mean the Democrats, inaccurate as that is) only want the black vote and don't care how they get it -- yet black voters seem to be fooled by this again and again.

So what is it? Are black voters full-fledged adult human beings able to think for themselves (in which case you have to accept that they are doing so by consistently voting Democratic), or are they little children easily fooled and led around by unscrupulous hucksters -- for decades now?
They're choosing for themselves based on inaccurate information. That inaccurate information is screeched loudly and often. It's all they can hear.

Maybe if you guys stopped lying, they could hear something else.

But that's not going to happen, is it? You need the black vote, and you don't much care how you get it.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dragon For This Useful Post:
JakeStarkey (Today)
And once again, Fakey's mindlessly cheerleading for leftists.

daveman has trouble seeing the inconsistency of statements in the past. However, perhaps he can change. I hope so. The GOP has to adapt to the issue. The libertarians are right that the drug laws are a great part of the problem, a perfect example of conservative progressivism ~ change of society through political means. Jail their asses seem to be the point.
Fakey has trouble with reality.

It is Democrats who have provided aid to go to college, Jobs programs, pre school education....not just to blacks, but to any American struggling to escape poverty

the Democrat's welfare programs have amounted to a near genocide against blacks. Did you think it was Girl Scout welfare programs that destroyed the black family, sent the men to jail, and made the children illegitimate.

Its very easy to look at the progress blacks were making before LBJ's great welfare programs and after.

Welfare makes black men go to jail? Try ridiculous conservative war on drugs laws that fill our prisons with non violent offenders

Blacks were not making progress before LBJs great society. Civil Rights laws had to be forced down peoples throats. And when the response to civil rights laws was to block the hiring of blacks, affirmative action had to be forced down peoples throats

Welfare makes black men go to jail? Try ridiculous conservative war on drugs laws that fill our prisons with non violent offenders

Blacks were not making progress before LBJs great society. Civil Rights laws had to be forced down peoples throats. And when the response to civil rights laws was to block the hiring of blacks, affirmative action had to be forced down peoples throats

Do you read? He said welfare not civil rights. The Great Society and civil rights are two totally different things. Republicans supported and pushed for the civil rights act over the objections and filibusters of a large portion of democrats, Republicans did not support the great society which is a failure as we have spent trillions on it, and things have gotten much worst for the majority of poor African Americans.

Forum List

Back