Republicans: why raising taxes on the wealthy is good for the economy

they do a job that a high school junior can do...it does not take much to do a good job when stocking goods...it simply takes the ability to get to work on time.
The question is why do they take those jobs....not why the waltons don't pay them more. They don't have to pay them more. A high school junior would be thrilled to make 8 bucks an hour stocking goods on a shelf.
People not much older than high school students are sent into combat zones. Does that mean that it's not worth much?
really?

Do you really think I am stupid? One thing has nothing to do with another.

I am simply saying that a stock boy at walmart is a job for a child who can legally work. You do not need experience and maturity to succeed at it. Thus why they are minimum wage jobs.

I don't believe children can collect welfare. They are the largest employer in the country. And they are making billions. Tax payers should not subsidize their workforce.
either you have a reading comprehension issue, you are intentionally diverting from my point, or I am not articulating my point properly.
Lets assume the latter.
Those jobs are not for adults. They are for 16 year olds...they are for college students who need a part time job for beer money.....
The issue is that 35 year old fathers of 4 are taking those jobs.

Don't blame the waltons for that.

35 year old fathers taking those jobs doesn't have anything to do with the mass exodus of jobs that were outsourced does it ?

yeah, sure it does.
If your job was outsourced and the best you can find is min wage you're doing it wrong.

Let me explain how it works in retail.....for those that are motivated....they start stocking shelves...usually at 16 years old. They graduate high school...and all the while show dedication. They do not call in sick on Mondays and Fridays...they do not count their sick days to see how they can extend their vacation days...they do not call in once a month because some distant relative who they were "very close to" died...they do not complain about "the hard work".....and then they are promoted to shift supervisor...then department supervisor....then department manager....then assistant store manager...then store manager.....that is how it is supposed to work.

But who do we see protesting their meager salaries? The 35 year old father of 4 who is still a shelf stocker because he uses all of his sick days...interestingly on Fridays and Mondays.....who had to take 10 bereavement days because ...well....his family is close.....who needs every one of his personal days because....well....his job is so demanding....

True story.
We've all known slackers. OTOH, the factory that was part of the company I work for was closed and the product lines that were built there were moved. It wasn't because the people there weren't dedicated and productive either. It's part of a plan designed to appeal to the stockholders and a year into this fiasco, I still wish it hadn't happened. I saw one of the factory schedulers (sharp guy incidentally) working at Walmart as a checker because that's that best he could find in our area at this time.

Let me explain how it works in retail.....for those that are motivated....they start stocking shelves...usually at 16 years old. They graduate high school...and all the while show dedication. They do not call in sick on Mondays and Fridays...they do not count their sick days to see how they can extend their vacation days...they do not call in once a month because some distant relative who they were "very close to" died...they do not complain about "the hard work".....and then they are promoted to shift supervisor...then department supervisor....then department manager....then assistant store manager...then store manager.....that is how it is supposed to work.

But who do we see protesting their meager salaries? The 35 year old father of 4 who is still a shelf stocker because he uses all of his sick days...interestingly on Fridays and Mondays.....who had to take 10 bereavement days because ...well....his family is close.....who needs every one of his personal days because....well....his job is so demanding....

True story.

So why should tax payers pay while the Waltons make billions?
ask those that are taking the tax payer money. Ask them why they insist on taking jobs a 16 year old can do and then turn to you and me to support their needs.
What the waltons make is irrelevant.

Question......if you need to have snow shoveled off your driveway....and a 16 year old boy offers to do it for 40 bucks....and a 35 year old man offers to do it for 100 bucks and he says he needs 100 bucks because he has living expenses.......who would you hire?

No what they make is relevant. It shows they could pay more but choose not to.

they do a job that a high school junior can do...it does not take much to do a good job when stocking goods...it simply takes the ability to get to work on time.
The question is why do they take those jobs....not why the waltons don't pay them more. They don't have to pay them more. A high school junior would be thrilled to make 8 bucks an hour stocking goods on a shelf.
People not much older than high school students are sent into combat zones. Does that mean that it's not worth much?
really?

I am simply saying that a stock boy at walmart is a job for a child who can legally work. You do not need experience and maturity to succeed at it. Thus why they are minimum wage jobs.

I don't believe children can collect welfare. They are the largest employer in the country. And they are making billions. Tax payers should not subsidize their workforce.
either you have a reading comprehension issue, you are intentionally diverting from my point, or I am not articulating my point properly.
Lets assume the latter.
Those jobs are not for adults. They are for 16 year olds...they are for college students who need a part time job for beer money.....

So the largest employer in the country has jobs for children only? Maybe we do need to nationalize Walmart, you communists might be right.
actually, the minimum wage jobs ARE for children. The waltons pay their supervisors and managers very nice salaries because they need adults for those jobs.

Pay attention....I described earlier the career path in retail.

really?

Lets assume the latter.

35 year old fathers taking those jobs doesn't have anything to do with the mass exodus of jobs that were outsourced does it ?

yeah, sure it does.
If your job was outsourced and the best you can find is min wage you're doing it wrong.

Well wages are stagnant.

Uh huh. So refresh my memory, why is it that you think lowering taxes would be desirable?
Because lower tax rates generally create incentives to work harder and keep more of the money you make. Higher income people working harder creates opportunities for lower income people to earn more. THis is pretty elemental. Except if you're stupid.
That's a fairy tale. At some point, gaining more wealth becomes nothing more than a game and I've never heard of anyone quitting or even retiring early because they had to pay taxes. They'd be more likely to retire early if they met their financial goals sooner because they were able to skip on taxes.
Not only is it not a fairy tale but Hillary Clinton did exactly that, working harder one year to get her income into a lower tax year. High income people can take compensation in different ways. They can also take more vacations vs working. Since you've never had more than a job at Mickey D's you wouldnt know any of this.
What is this obsession of yours with Mickey D's? Did you get passed over for a promotion or something?

Hillary Clinton is still working. You'd think with the onerous tax laws she'd think: I only get to keep $7 million of the $12 million I earned? Screw that, it's just not worth showing up. You're so full of shit it's coming out your ears.
What is Hillary Clinton's job?
You have a serious case of the stupids.
She's probably a 'consultant' for several companies of the type that you seem to admire. They give her money for access which amounted to about $12 million last year. WTF do you think she does?

True story.

So why should tax payers pay while the Waltons make billions?
ask those that are taking the tax payer money. Ask them why they insist on taking jobs a 16 year old can do and then turn to you and me to support their needs.
What the waltons make is irrelevant.

Question......if you need to have snow shoveled off your driveway....and a 16 year old boy offers to do it for 40 bucks....and a 35 year old man offers to do it for 100 bucks and he says he needs 100 bucks because he has living expenses.......who would you hire?

No what they make is relevant. It shows they could pay more but choose not to.
as you would do.

I ask again.....

if you need to have snow shoveled off your driveway....and a 16 year old boy offers to do it for 40 bucks....and a 35 year old man offers to do it for 100 bucks and he says he needs 100 bucks because he has living expenses.......who would you hire?

really?

Lets assume the latter.

So the largest employer in the country has jobs for children only? Maybe we do need to nationalize Walmart, you communists might be right.
actually, the minimum wage jobs ARE for children. The waltons pay their supervisors and managers very nice salaries because they need adults for those jobs.

Pay attention....I described earlier the career path in retail.

So the largest employer in the country requires the government subsidize wages while the owners make billions.

really?

Lets assume the latter.

yeah, sure it does.

really? that's your answer? not too deep are you?

I ask again.....

if you need to have snow shoveled off your driveway....and a 16 year old boy offers to do it for 40 bucks....and a 35 year old man offers to do it for 100 bucks and he says he needs 100 bucks because he has living expenses.......who would you hire?

And this shoveler will make me billions each year?

True story.
We've all known slackers. OTOH, the factory that was part of the company I work for was closed and the product lines that were built there were moved. It wasn't because the people there weren't dedicated and productive either. It's part of a plan designed to appeal to the stockholders and a year into this fiasco, I still wish it hadn't happened. I saw one of the factory schedulers (sharp guy incidentally) working at Walmart as a checker because that's that best he could find in our area at this time.
and if he is a sharp guy he will move up quickly

I ask again.....

are you saying you don't get the reason for my question?

Then ........never mind

I ask again.....

afraid to answer the question?

I ask again.....

Then ........never mind

And is the shoveler also a customer? So I'll pay him a little more, but he'll be buying more expenses from me? If so I'll pay the older guy more.

I ask again.....

Will my tax dollars be going to support either one?

I ask again.....

Then ........never mind

And is the shoveler also a customer? So I'll pay him a little more, but he'll be buying more expenses me? If so I'll pay the older guy more.
you can not be that dense.

Does one pay based on service or does one pay based on the needs of the employee.

Are you willing to pay more for a burger at McDonalds if a 35 year old man stuffs it in the bag than you would if a 16 year old stuffs it in the bag?

If you owned a company.....and you had a 18 year old with 2 years copier experience who was willing to make copies for you all day long at 8 an hour...and a 35 year old who has been a "copier" for 15 years was willing to do it for 20 an hour because....well...he has 15 years experience making copies.....
And you gave them both a trial chance.....and they both proved to know how to hit "copy" properly...

Which one would you hire?

I ask again.....

Will my tax dollars be going to support either one?
so yes, you are afraid to answer the question.

Why do you hold the wealthy to different standards than you hold yourself?

Why should the wealthy pay the 100 bucks to shovel their driveway, but it is OK for you to pay the 40 bucks?

How about this...is it fair that 35 year old men are taking away the good jobs for inexperienced 16 year olds?

The problem we have is not how little adults are paid to do menial tasks.

The problem we have is why do we have adults taking jobs doing menial tasks.

Think about it.

I ask again.....

Then ........never mind

And is the shoveler also a customer? So I'll pay him a little more, but he'll be buying more expenses me? If so I'll pay the older guy more.
you can not be that dense.

Does one pay based on service or does one pay based on the needs of the employee.

Are you willing to pay more for a burger at McDonalds if a 35 year old man stuffs it in the bag than you would if a 16 year old stuffs it in the bag?

If you owned a company.....and you had a 18 year old with 2 years copier experience who was willing to make copies for you all day long at 8 an hour...and a 35 year old who has been a "copier" for 15 years was willing to do it for 20 an hour because....well...he has 15 years experience making copies.....
And you gave them both a trial chance.....and they both proved to know how to hit "copy" properly...

Which one would you hire?

Well the worker is making me billions and is also a customer. So i pay the older guy more and my sales increase. Also there is one less person dependent on government and my taxes go down.

Because lower tax rates generally create incentives to work harder and keep more of the money you make. Higher income people working harder creates opportunities for lower income people to earn more. THis is pretty elemental. Except if you're stupid.
That's a fairy tale. At some point, gaining more wealth becomes nothing more than a game and I've never heard of anyone quitting or even retiring early because they had to pay taxes. They'd be more likely to retire early if they met their financial goals sooner because they were able to skip on taxes.
Not only is it not a fairy tale but Hillary Clinton did exactly that, working harder one year to get her income into a lower tax year. High income people can take compensation in different ways. They can also take more vacations vs working. Since you've never had more than a job at Mickey D's you wouldnt know any of this.
What is this obsession of yours with Mickey D's? Did you get passed over for a promotion or something?

Hillary Clinton is still working. You'd think with the onerous tax laws she'd think: I only get to keep $7 million of the $12 million I earned? Screw that, it's just not worth showing up. You're so full of shit it's coming out your ears.
What is Hillary Clinton's job?
You have a serious case of the stupids.
She's probably a 'consultant' for several companies of the type that you seem to admire. They give her money for access which amounted to about $12 million last year. WTF do you think she does?
"Probably"? That's the best you can do? What a washout. Come back when you have something to debate with other than your ass.

Forum List

Back