Republicans: why raising taxes on the wealthy is good for the economy

I ask again.....

if you need to have snow shoveled off your driveway....and a 16 year old boy offers to do it for 40 bucks....and a 35 year old man offers to do it for 100 bucks and he says he needs 100 bucks because he has living expenses.......who would you hire?

And this shoveler will make me billions each year?
afraid to answer the question?

Will my tax dollars be going to support either one?
so yes, you are afraid to answer the question.

Why do you hold the wealthy to different standards than you hold yourself?

Why should the wealthy pay the 100 bucks to shovel their driveway, but it is OK for you to pay the 40 bucks?

How about this...is it fair that 35 year old men are taking away the good jobs for inexperienced 16 year olds?

The problem we have is not how little adults are paid to do menial tasks.

The problem we have is why do we have adults taking jobs doing menial tasks.

Think about it.

I've answered you several times over.

really?

Do you really think I am stupid? One thing has nothing to do with another.

I am simply saying that a stock boy at walmart is a job for a child who can legally work. You do not need experience and maturity to succeed at it. Thus why they are minimum wage jobs.

I don't believe children can collect welfare. They are the largest employer in the country. And they are making billions. Tax payers should not subsidize their workforce.
either you have a reading comprehension issue, you are intentionally diverting from my point, or I am not articulating my point properly.
Lets assume the latter.
Those jobs are not for adults. They are for 16 year olds...they are for college students who need a part time job for beer money.....
The issue is that 35 year old fathers of 4 are taking those jobs.

Don't blame the waltons for that.

35 year old fathers taking those jobs doesn't have anything to do with the mass exodus of jobs that were outsourced does it ?

yeah, sure it does.
If your job was outsourced and the best you can find is min wage you're doing it wrong.

really? that's your answer? not too deep are you?
What more would you like? I'd like to see the guy with a middle management job that was outsourced and is now working min wage at WM. Please show him to me.

I ask again.....

if you need to have snow shoveled off your driveway....and a 16 year old boy offers to do it for 40 bucks....and a 35 year old man offers to do it for 100 bucks and he says he needs 100 bucks because he has living expenses.......who would you hire?

are you saying you don't get the reason for my question?

Then ........never mind

And is the shoveler also a customer? So I'll pay him a little more, but he'll be buying more expenses me? If so I'll pay the older guy more.
you can not be that dense.

Does one pay based on service or does one pay based on the needs of the employee.

Are you willing to pay more for a burger at McDonalds if a 35 year old man stuffs it in the bag than you would if a 16 year old stuffs it in the bag?

If you owned a company.....and you had a 18 year old with 2 years copier experience who was willing to make copies for you all day long at 8 an hour...and a 35 year old who has been a "copier" for 15 years was willing to do it for 20 an hour because....well...he has 15 years experience making copies.....
And you gave them both a trial chance.....and they both proved to know how to hit "copy" properly...

Which one would you hire?

Well the worker is making me billions and is also a customer. So i pay the older guy more and my sales increase. Also there is one less person dependent on government and my taxes go down.
that does not make sense.

On paper....I like it.

But it is not realistic and if you are telling me that you would pay the more expensive guy.....then I am sure I will never want to offer you a small business loan.

Nice debate though. We don't agree....but it was a good exchange.

In closing.....I suggest you think about my earlier point....it is worthy fo a thread in itself....

The problem we have is why do we have adults taking jobs doing menial tasks

I ask again.....

afraid to answer the question?

Will my tax dollars be going to support either one?
so yes, you are afraid to answer the question.

Why do you hold the wealthy to different standards than you hold yourself?

Why should the wealthy pay the 100 bucks to shovel their driveway, but it is OK for you to pay the 40 bucks?

How about this...is it fair that 35 year old men are taking away the good jobs for inexperienced 16 year olds?

The problem we have is why do we have adults taking jobs doing menial tasks.

Think about it.

I've answered you several times over.
Nope. You answered me once......and that was right after I posted my last request for an answer.

Lets keep it honest. Your other responses were questions.

Don't ruin a good debate with childish games.

I don't believe children can collect welfare. They are the largest employer in the country. And they are making billions. Tax payers should not subsidize their workforce.
either you have a reading comprehension issue, you are intentionally diverting from my point, or I am not articulating my point properly.
Lets assume the latter.
Those jobs are not for adults. They are for 16 year olds...they are for college students who need a part time job for beer money.....

35 year old fathers taking those jobs doesn't have anything to do with the mass exodus of jobs that were outsourced does it ?

yeah, sure it does.
If your job was outsourced and the best you can find is min wage you're doing it wrong.

What more would you like? I'd like to see the guy with a middle management job that was outsourced and is now working min wage at WM. Please show him to me.

We need to make it hard for our companies to outsource. We need to promote American first business policy that demands competition and better pay for our workers.

Lets assume the latter.

yeah, sure it does.

Oh...they exist...they are the ones who want to keep themselves working until they find something more appropriate......they are the motivated ones.....they usually become the 1%

Lets assume the latter.

yeah, sure it does.

Look, right over there , see him ?

you're such a moron ....

That's a fairy tale. At some point, gaining more wealth becomes nothing more than a game and I've never heard of anyone quitting or even retiring early because they had to pay taxes. They'd be more likely to retire early if they met their financial goals sooner because they were able to skip on taxes.
Not only is it not a fairy tale but Hillary Clinton did exactly that, working harder one year to get her income into a lower tax year. High income people can take compensation in different ways. They can also take more vacations vs working. Since you've never had more than a job at Mickey D's you wouldnt know any of this.
What is this obsession of yours with Mickey D's? Did you get passed over for a promotion or something?

Hillary Clinton is still working. You'd think with the onerous tax laws she'd think: I only get to keep $7 million of the $12 million I earned? Screw that, it's just not worth showing up. You're so full of shit it's coming out your ears.
What is Hillary Clinton's job?
You have a serious case of the stupids.
She's probably a 'consultant' for several companies of the type that you seem to admire. They give her money for access which amounted to about $12 million last year. WTF do you think she does?
"Probably"? That's the best you can do? What a washout. Come back when you have something to debate with other than your ass.
Here you go:

The tally is based on research into Clinton’s speaking fees and the advance she received for her new book, “Hard Choices,” about her four years as America’s top diplomat.
Hillary Clinton earned 12 million in 16 months - NY Daily News

Why do you ask, you never seem to care HOW people make money.

are you saying you don't get the reason for my question?

Then ........never mind

And is the shoveler also a customer? So I'll pay him a little more, but he'll be buying more expenses me? If so I'll pay the older guy more.
you can not be that dense.

Does one pay based on service or does one pay based on the needs of the employee.

Are you willing to pay more for a burger at McDonalds if a 35 year old man stuffs it in the bag than you would if a 16 year old stuffs it in the bag?

If you owned a company.....and you had a 18 year old with 2 years copier experience who was willing to make copies for you all day long at 8 an hour...and a 35 year old who has been a "copier" for 15 years was willing to do it for 20 an hour because....well...he has 15 years experience making copies.....
And you gave them both a trial chance.....and they both proved to know how to hit "copy" properly...

Which one would you hire?

Well the worker is making me billions and is also a customer. So i pay the older guy more and my sales increase. Also there is one less person dependent on government and my taxes go down.
that does not make sense.

On paper....I like it.

But it is not realistic and if you are telling me that you would pay the more expensive guy.....then I am sure I will never want to offer you a small business loan.

Nice debate though. We don't agree....but it was a good exchange.

In closing.....I suggest you think about my earlier point....it is worthy fo a thread in itself....

The problem we have is why do we have adults taking jobs doing menial tasks

Why is our largest employer paying so little and making billions?

Keep in mind im not talking a huge raise for workers, just enough to get off welfare.

Not only is it not a fairy tale but Hillary Clinton did exactly that, working harder one year to get her income into a lower tax year. High income people can take compensation in different ways. They can also take more vacations vs working. Since you've never had more than a job at Mickey D's you wouldnt know any of this.
What is this obsession of yours with Mickey D's? Did you get passed over for a promotion or something?

Hillary Clinton is still working. You'd think with the onerous tax laws she'd think: I only get to keep $7 million of the $12 million I earned? Screw that, it's just not worth showing up. You're so full of shit it's coming out your ears.
She's probably a 'consultant' for several companies of the type that you seem to admire. They give her money for access which amounted to about $12 million last year. WTF do you think she does?
"Probably"? That's the best you can do? What a washout. Come back when you have something to debate with other than your ass.
Here you go:

The tally is based on research into Clinton’s speaking fees and the advance she received for her new book, “Hard Choices,” about her four years as America’s top diplomat.

You understand that speaking fees and a book advance are not consulting for several companies, right? Tell me you're not that stupid and you admit you pulled the first part out of your ass.

Lets assume the latter.

yeah, sure it does.

you're such a moron ....
You make up crap and I call you on it and I'm the moron? I'm a moron because I bother to respond to you. T rue.

Lets assume the latter.

yeah, sure it does.

We need to make it hard for our companies to outsource. We need to promote American first business policy that demands competition and better pay for our workers.
We dont need to do any suchj thing. You need to get an education in basic economics before you waste anyone else's time.

yeah, sure it does.

you're such a moron ....
You make up crap and I call you on it and I'm the moron? I'm a moron because I bother to respond to you. T rue.

I make up crap? Then you show me all the successful men and women that lost jobs to outsourcing replaced those lost jobs with equally successful jobs in the same field. Back up that mouth boy !

start here ..

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/popups/exporting.america/content.html

Here you go:

You understand that speaking fees and a book advance are not consulting for several companies, right? Tell me you're not that stupid and you admit you pulled the first part out of your ass.
You're some kind of special retard aren't you. You take issue with the word 'probably' and then accuse me of pulling facts out of my ass. I've actually got better things to do than research for a throw away question. So tell me why it matters. The pertinent point is that she made $12 million and probably only took home 7 of it. You seem to think the taxes would discourage her from working. Why should she bother? Do you think for $7 million, you could show up? She apparently considers it worth her time.

Last edited:

you're such a moron ....

I make up crap? Then you show me all the successful men and women that lost jobs to outsourcing replaced those lost jobs with equally successful jobs in the same field. Back up that mouth boy !

start here ..

http://www.cnn.com/CNN/Programs/lou.dobbs.tonight/popups/exporting.america/content.html
You made a claim. You support it, hairboy. You cant. You made shit up.

Here you go:

You're some kind of special retard aren't you. You take issue with the word 'probably' and then accuse me of pulling facts out of my ass. I've actually got better things to do than research for a throw away question. So tell me why it matters. The pertinent point is that she made $12 million and probably only took home 7 of it. You seem to think the taxes would discourage her from working. Why should she bother? Do you think for $7 million, you could show up? She apparently considers it worth her time.
So I caught you slinging lies and it's my fault? Im the retard here? No, no, son. You throw shit around because you dont have a clue what the reality is.
And the reality is that high income people have a lot of discretion in how much they earn and how they distribute that over the calender. You cannot refute it because it is simply fact.

you're such a moron ....

start here ..

I just did. Pay attention Doltboi.

you're such a moron ....

start here ..

I just did. Pay attention Doltboi.
You did no such thing. You are a pathetic ignorant loser. The only worse is me, because I botehr to respond to your crap and point out how wrong you are.

Here you go:

So I caught you slinging lies and it's my fault? Im the retard here? No, no, son. You throw shit around because you dont have a clue what the reality is.
And the reality is that high income people have a lot of discretion in how much they earn and how they distribute that over the calender. You cannot refute it because it is simply fact.
And in this case, what difference does that discretion make?

If you need more evidence, consider modern Germany,."

totally stipid by 1000%. If Europe cant imitate Germany when they are geographic and philosophical neighbors we sure cant!!! Why not consider modern Italy Spain France Italy Greece etcetc???

see why we say liberalism is based in pure ignorance?

Forum List

Back