Restaurant Owner Wants The Right To Refuse Service

If you don't like abortions, don't get one.

If you don't like bigots, don't patronize their business.

Not good enough for the PC Police, I know.

How will I know they are bigots Mac? Will they have a "whites only" sign on the door?

That would be the best alternative. Full disclosure. Then everyone can decide on their own.

All the other irrelevant discussions aside, and to the OP alone:
If the guy doesn't want to serve blacks, hispanics, jews, gays, the disable, etc., etc., why on earth did he ever open a restaurant in the first place?

How will I know they are bigots Mac? Will they have a "whites only" sign on the door?

That would be the best alternative. Full disclosure. Then everyone can decide on their own.

Yikes. Zeke is one of only two posters I have on ignore, and both of them continue to post directly to me, asking me direct questions, even though they both know I can only see their posts when they are quoted. Kind of explains why they're on ignore in first place, y'know?

:laugh:

Okay, Zeke, I can't believe a person would actually ask such a naive question, truly amazing, but I'll go ahead and answer it for you:

Maybe you folks in the PC Police could stop intimidating people from saying what's on their mind. Then you might know.

Incredible. Obvious answer is obviously obvious.

Yikes. Zeke is one of only two posters I have on ignore, and both of them continue to post directly to me, asking me direct questions, even though they both know I can only see their posts when they are quoted. Kind of explains why they're on ignore in first place, y'know?

Okay, Zeke, I can't believe a person would actually ask such a naive question, truly amazing, but I'll go ahead and answer it for you:

Maybe you folks in the PC Police could stop intimidating people from saying what's on their mind. Then you might know.

No. We aren't going to stop telling people that say offensive things that the things they say are offensive. Free speech, like a telephone line, works two directions.

Maybe he wants the space reserved for people who leave tips and don't try to skip out without paying for their meals. I'm just sayin'.
He has a policy against rednecks???

Rednecks have more respect for a place.

Show me cases of rednecks skipping out on a bill or be shown the liar we all know you are.

Yeah...I'm sure no "redneck" anywhere has ever not paid their bill. Are you insane?

No. We aren't going to stop telling people that say offensive things that the things they say are offensive. Free speech, like a telephone line, works two directions.

The obvious difference being, of course, that only one side wants to shut down the free speech of the other.

The obvious difference being, of course, that only one side wants to shut down the free speech of the other.

No, they don't. Nobody's free speech is threatened. You're not going to go to jail for calling someone a fag, dyke, n-word, etc.

Now this asshole might get charged for violating the Civil Rights Act, but his speech still is not threatened in any way, shape or form by Public Accommodation laws.

If someone doesn't want my business there are plenty of others who do.

I don't see the big deal in all this.

Right...we don't need these Public Accommodation laws. If you own the only grocery in town, you should be able to tell those black folks to suck it. If I own the only septic service in town, those fags can pump their own shit, right?

Right...we don't need these Public Accommodation laws. If you own the only grocery in town, you should be able to tell those black folks to suck it. If I own the only septic service in town, those fags can pump their own shit, right?

Yeah because there are sooo many towns with one mom and pop grocery store or one mom and pop septic truck. And what's stopping the guy in the next town over increasing his business by taking customers that a bigot won't?

Like I said it's no big deal.

Yeah because there are sooo many towns with one mom and pop grocery store or one mom and pop septic truck. And what's stopping the guy in the next town over increasing his business by taking customers that a bigot won't?

The "public accommodation" thing is the only argument they have, as if someone will die if this bigot doesn't let them in to his crappy restaurant.

The PC Police are about control, regardless of how they try to hide it.

not if my tax dollars are being spent to provide roads to their business, provide them with water and electricity, provide police and fire protection, and so on.

No, it isn't.

Sweet Evil Jesus, man, we had this discussion 50 years ago over lunch counters.

Your side lost.

Why are we having it again?

The "public accommodation" thing is the only argument they have, as if someone will die if this bigot doesn't let them in to his crappy restaurant.

The PC Police are about control, regardless of how they try to hide it.

No, you see, here's the thing.

He can't refuse blacks service.

And a mob of angry blacks can't loot his store and burn it to the ground.

That's called "Living in a civilized society". We all have to follow the rules a little bit.

What you conservatives want is selective anarchy. You want to make sure that big bad old government is looking out for your interests without really requiring anything from you in return.

At least not without some greivence.

Now, if you don't like the Public Accommedations Laws, get out there and advocate rewriting them.

And then whine about "Political Correctiness" when people openly speculate what kind of bigot you are.

Forum List

Back