Retired Air Force officer sentenced to 3 years for storing classified information at his Florida home

I wonder why he didn't just declassify them before he took them home?

Oh yeah. Air Force officers cannot do that. Presidents can, though.

Hillary Clinton, who was never the president, stored thousands classified documents on a server in her bathroom. What was her sentence?

The exact same amount as this guy and Biden and Pence and whoever else have done the same thing.
What was determined as to be the overall "intent" in the case dipstick ? With all case's the circumstances are always different, and so the outcomes are also different in all cases. Simple stuff, but the left I see is at it again. Good grief.

The argument is simply INTENTIONAL unauthorized retention of classified documents ...which is prosecuted vs. unintentional, which is not prosecuted as a criminal offense.

Pence and Biden was not intentional retention of the classified documents, it was mishandling.

the article said the Mi!itary guy intentionally removed and intentionally retained classified documents.

the same could be said for Trump, with pretty sound evidence that he intentionally took all of these classified documents and retained them.

but Trump will likely not be charged like the military guy with that....(though he could be.... now that they know that Trump knew they were classified and not declassified when he intentionally took them and intentionally retained them)

Trump will be charged with obstruction of justice in this case...imo.
Bull shite..

There is a difference between forgetting that one has some documents left around your house, as with Biden and Pence...

God I hope this was SARCASM / HUMOR - It HAD to be, right?!

If not I smell a serious BOT...because no real person could say something THAT stupid - not even snowflakes on this board (who I am defending at this moment)!

:auiqs.jpg: Oh F*ing PLEASE!

BIDEN left highly classified documents he stole as both a SENATOR and as a VP 'laying around' MULTIPLE LOCATIONS, not just at his home - in an unauthorized, unsecured, unprotected, unmonitored office provided to him and paid for him by the CCP ... AND in an unauthorized, unsecured, unprotected garage - next to his Corvette - in a house he rented to his criminal crackhead son who was paid millions by the Chinese, Russians, Romanians, and Ukraine!

Good grief, don't try to lump 'Espionage' Joe in with the 'Forgetful Boy Scout' Mike Pence.

Sorry, but no one I have ever heard of has stolen classified info - no less TS/SCI - for DECADES (since Biden was a Senator), 'lost' it for a year, then accidently illegally left it spread all.over the place in unauthotized, unsecured, unprotected locations - to include an office provided / paid for by the Chinese.

'Gee, everybody does that.'

'The jails would be FULL of absent-minded people who accidently stole highly classified documents and accidently placed them in offices provided to them by the CHINESE.'

:auiqs.jpg:

There seems to be a double standard here. You know who was storing classified information you know where and really nothing has been done about it.
I do believe they found documents in various places.
Not sure how you know who can get away with it.

A retired Air Force lieutenant colonel was sentenced to three years in federal prison Thursday for storing files with classified information at his Florida home, the Department of Justice announced.

Robert Birchum pleaded guilty earlier this year to unlawfully possessing and retaining classified documents relating to national defense, the department said in a news release.
Birchum served nearly three decades in the Air Force and held several roles that required him to handle classified information, prosecutors said. In his plea agreement, Birchum admitted to having stored hundreds of files that contained information with top secret, secret or confidential classification markings in unauthorized locations.
In 2017, investigators found that Birchum “knowingly removed more than 300 classified files or documents” and kept them in “his home, his overseas officer’s headquarters, and a storage pod in his driveway,” according to the release. More than 30 of those files and documents were marked “Top Secret” – the highest level of classification.

The Air Force officer isn't the President of the United States with the privilege of declassifying so long as his President title is in front of his Christian name. You guys are taking this issue to the edge of the cliff, but it keeps landing on the same spot. The President can declassify and take his papers home if he so pleases. The Vice President can't. Why aren't you going after Joseph Robinett Biden? He took classified stuff of the Obama Administration. The only person with the privilege to do that would be President Barack Obama. The law of this land says so.

The retured US military officer should call the US Commander and Chief, Joe Biden, as a witness to testify how easy it is to mistakenly, accidently take / keep / misplace classified info and how people who do - something he has in common with Biden - should not be puished...like Joe isn't being punished.

:popcorn:

The Air Force officer isn't the President of the United States with the privilege of declassifying so long as his President title is in front of his Christian name.

SENATOR Joe Biden was not President when he stole TS/SCI / classified info and did NOT have the authority to declassify them.or steal them.

VICE PRESIDENT Joe Biden was not President when he stole TS/SCI / classified info and did NOT have the authority to declassify them.or steal them.

What else ya got?

:dunno:

The President can declassify and take his papers home if he so pleases. The Vice President can't. Why aren't you going after Joseph Robinett Biden? He took classified stuff of the Obama Administration. The only person with the privilege to do that would be President Barack Obama. The law of this land says so.SENATOR Joe Biden was not President when he stole TS/SCI / classified info and did NOT have the authority to declassify them.or steal them.

VICE PRESIDENT Joe Biden was not President when he stole TS/SCI / classified info and did NOT have the authority to declassify them.or steal them.

What else ya got?

:dunno:
Huh? I also said, "The President can declassify and take his papers home if he so pleases. The Vice President can't. Why aren't you going after Joseph Robinett Biden? He took classified stuff of the Obama Administration. The only person with the privilege to do that would be President Barack Obama. The law of this land says so." I'm on the Constitution's side, sir.

Huh? I also said, "The President can declassify and take his papers home if he so pleases. The Vice President can't. Why aren't you going after Joseph Robinett Biden?

Probably because I'm not familiar with the guy.

There seems to be a double standard here. You know who was storing classified information you know where and really nothing has been done about it.
I do believe they found documents in various places.
Not sure how you know who can get away with it.

A retired Air Force lieutenant colonel was sentenced to three years in federal prison Thursday for storing files with classified information at his Florida home, the Department of Justice announced.

Robert Birchum pleaded guilty earlier this year to unlawfully possessing and retaining classified documents relating to national defense, the department said in a news release.
Birchum served nearly three decades in the Air Force and held several roles that required him to handle classified information, prosecutors said. In his plea agreement, Birchum admitted to having stored hundreds of files that contained information with top secret, secret or confidential classification markings in unauthorized locations.
In 2017, investigators found that Birchum “knowingly removed more than 300 classified files or documents” and kept them in “his home, his overseas officer’s headquarters, and a storage pod in his driveway,” according to the release. More than 30 of those files and documents were marked “Top Secret” – the highest level of classification.

Trump, Biden, and Pence would never face the penalties we would for mishandling classified material, but there is a distinction besides rank:

Birchum “knowingly removed more than 300 classified files or documents”

That is what changes it from breaking rules to committing a crime.

Huh? I also said, "The President can declassify and take his papers home if he so pleases. The Vice President can't. Why aren't you going after Joseph Robinett Biden? He took classified stuff of the Obama Administration. The only person with the privilege to do that would be President Barack Obama. The law of this land says so." I'm on the Constitution's side, sir.
The Vice President CAN do that.

Forum List

Back