Roe overturned

Try shipping illegal drugs in the mail

You're now enlightened
Happens all the time actually.

I am bothered by the notion that 50 years of legal precedent can be dismissed merely by a change in the membership of the court. That seems a bad road to go down.

I am also interested to see if this has any impact on the mid-terms.
I am bothered by the notion that a CLEAR state power was usurped by the FedGov and allowed to stand for 50 fucking years. That WAS a bad road to go down.

And I am pro-choice.

:dunno:

They should all be impeached. Were going into theology land and by the right wing nut jobs.
tenor (1).gif

Abort the Neo-GOP ladies. At all levels of government. Local, State, and Federal.

Then pass an Amendment to the Constitution.

It's the only way to be sure.

What this means is it has gone back to the states even the late Ruth Bader Ginsburg acknowledged the way Roe was done made it vulnerable to being overturned. The fight over abortion did not end today it just moved to the state level.

Yesterday, I could have gone out and gotten an abortion of I needed one. As of today, it's now illegal. So much for deeply rooted traditions.

But the real damage here is that there is not one single Supreme Court precedent that means anything anymore. From now on, all past precedents will be subject to the political leanings of the court at that moment in time. Heller? Enjoy it while it lasts. Yesterday's ruling on gun rights? It has an expiration date.

The democrats will respond with moves to pack the court. Things will spiral more and more out of control in our country. And China will be the ultimate winner.

Supreme Court overturns Roe v. Wade
Know what is interesting?

Yesterday, the SCOTUS said that states cannot universally restrict concealed carry of firearms, but today they said that states can universally restrict abortions in their territories.

This is completely consistent with the Constitution, as the Constitution specifically provides for the right to bear arms, but it does not provide a right to an abortion (or even health care). The latter is left up to each state to decide based upon the citizens and their elected legislatures.

Where the heck do you live that had laws immediately go in effect that banned abortion outright? Seriously, how ignorant ARE people that think overturning Roe outlawed abortion?
Look into trigger laws

2012321040-300x0.jpg

Not him......

Careful. There's no Constitutional right to travel either.
Actually, there is. Article IV, Section 2. The Privileges and Immunities Clause.

This was carried over from Article IV of the Articles of Confederation which states:

The better to secure and perpetuate mutual friendship and intercourse among the people of the different states in this union, the free inhabitants of each of these states, paupers, vagabonds and fugitives from Justice excepted, shall be entitled to all privileges and immunities of free citizens in the several states, and the people of each state shall have free ingress and regress to and from any other state, and shall enjoy therein all the privileges of trade and commerce, subject to the same duties, impositions and restrictions as the inhabitants thereof respectively, provided that such restrictions shall not extend so far as to prevent the removal of property imported into any state, to any other state of which the Owner is an inhabitant, provided also that no imposition, duties or restriction shall be laid by any state, on the property of the united states, or either of them.

Forum List

Back