Roe overturned

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 ESV​

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
--------------------------------------------
Is this how you right wings sinners think, how about the street drugs kids take.

and the women who was accused of having an affair on her husband she drank something that she would abort the baby,

So what gets me most about this opinion is how it is so blatantly political instead of a principled stance on a certain interpretation of the constitution.

The reason I say this is that the majority opinion makes an argument and then immediately tries to qualify it as being solely applicable to abortion and not to other things that obviously would be on the chopping block under the same argumentation. The sole exception is Thomas who does seem willing to apply the logic of the argument consistently.

If you aren't willing to stand by the logic of your own argumentation as a judge, chances are you aren't a very good judge.

But then again, I suspect the whole reason they got appointed to the bench is that they weren't good judges but solely activist judges.

'Kay. Those hearings are nothing more than political grandstanding. There are very few honest people in DC these days who are very skilled at talking but saying nothing, if not outright lying.

The truth is that 9 unelected people ought not to be making laws and creating constitutional rights that have no real basis in the Constitution. That is exactly what Roe v Wade did; it was a bad decision in the 1st place by a progressive liberal activist court and deserved to be overturned.
Bullshit. The judicial branch is one part of government.

Ruling was 5-4

The Supreme Court overturned its Roe v. Wade ruling Friday with a 6-3 decision in a Mississippi case that returns the issue of abortion to the states after nearly 50 years.

If I was a 20 something year old man right now, I'd be pissed.

Mucho Congrats to all my anti-abortion and prolife friends! But this court (IMHO) has pulled up short. They did not sufficiently address the matter of Personhood; So our efforts will have to be focused and intensified on that front.
Very good point but personhood wasn't on the table. It should be and, hopefully, will be one day soon. But Louisiana's 15-week law also denied personhood.

When they finally rule on personhood, all abortions except for the life of the mother will end. That's the goal.

Even for life of the mother, my own wife was told for two of our three children that if she carried them it would kill her. Of course 40+ years after the third, both mother and all the children are doing fine.

But there could be cases where life of the mother does warrant an abortion because having both mother and child die doesn't make sense. Many mothers, though, will sacrifice their lives just trying to save their child. Kind of like the mothers who were physically restrained from going to save their children in Uvalde. Mothers are amazing...

The reason I say this is that the majority opinion makes an argument and then immediately tries to qualify it as being solely applicable to abortion and not to other things that obviously would be on the chopping block under the same argumentation. The sole exception is Thomas who does seem willing to apply the logic of the argument consistently.

And even Thomas would not take it to interracial marriage for obvious reasons even though it falls under the same logic.

Deuteronomy 21:18-21 ESV​

“If a man has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey the voice of his father or the voice of his mother, and, though they discipline him, will not listen to them, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his city at the gate of the place where he lives, and they shall say to the elders of his city, ‘This our son is stubborn and rebellious; he will not obey our voice; he is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the city shall stone him to death with stones. So you shall purge the evil from your midst, and all Israel shall hear, and fear.
--------------------------------------------
Is this how you right wings sinners think, how about the street drugs kids take.

and the women who was accused of having an affair on her husband she drank something that she would abort the baby,
Nope. Sorry, couldn't find that in the Dobbs opinion.

Can someone show me where the Air Force is mentioned in the constitution?

Forum List

Back