Romney breaks with GOP over minimum wage

Romney should run on a "$100,000 minimum wage" platform, he'd capture all the living 47%'er, the non-living still vote Democrat

he should pass the bill, then just keep delaying its implementation like ObamaCare

Never mind he is republican, a very successful business man has come out to advocate for a raise in the minimum wage.

Republicans are shitting themselves.
Wait a second...now he's a very successful business man? I thought he was a greedy one percenter that took people's money?

The reason he lost is that much of the base didn't turn out for him, which was dumb, but he wasn't conservative by even North East standards.

It's a smart political move. Talk about it. Promise it. Demagogue the living shit out of it. Right up to election day. Then pull an Obama. ...

I will close Gitmo
I will run the most transparent Admin in history
I will halt the rising seas
I will give voters 5 days to look at bills before I sign them
I will raise the minimum wage

Politics for dummies...

Politics for dummies is believing that Republicans have something to offer the middle class. A rich registered Republican told you that.

Never mind he is republican, a very successful business man has come out to advocate for a raise in the minimum wage.

Republicans are shitting themselves.
Wait a second...now he's a very successful business man? I thought he was a greedy one percenter that took people's money?

The reason he lost is that much of the base didn't turn out for him, which was dumb, but he wasn't conservative by even North East standards.

The reason Romney was placed was to loose. The same with Palin. Republicans knew the Democrats didn't have the 60 votes in the Senate and they had a majority in the house.

It's a smart political move. Talk about it. Promise it. Demagogue the living shit out of it. Right up to election day. Then pull an Obama. ...

I will close Gitmo

Politics for dummies...

Politics for dummies is believing that Republicans have something to offer the middle class. A rich registered Republican told you that.
They offer a better economy. Tell your rich Republican friend to sober up.

I will close Gitmo

Politics for dummies...

They offer a better economy.

Too whom? There isn't one thing that Republicans have put forward that would advance the middle class. NOTHING!

Too whom? There isn't one thing that Republicans have put forward that would advance the middle class. NOTHING!
Done a lot of research huh? Two second search:

Eric Cantor || Majority Leader
Key Points of the Plan

Empower Small Business Owners and Reduce Regulatory Burdens:

Require congressional review and approval of any government regulations that have a significant impact on the economy or burden small businesses.
Audit existing and pending regulations to identify and address those that hinder economic growth.

Fix the Tax Code to Help Job Creators:

Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for businesses and individuals including small business owners to no more than 25%.
Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.

Increase Competitiveness for American Manufacturers:

Pass the three pending free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea to create up to 250,000 jobs.
Continue to open new markets to American made products.

Encourage Entrepreneurship and Growth:

Modernize our patent system to protect our nation’s innovators, discourage frivolous lawsuits, and expedite patent reviews.
Re-Authorize and improve federal programs and approval processes to streamline development of new products. Remove barriers to building a first class workforce so that the United States can compete in the global marketplace and lead the way in technological development and growth.

Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century:

Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production. Encourage all forms of energy production.

Pay Down America's Unsustainable Debt Burden and Start Living Within our Means:

Build upon the House Republicans’ Budget by enacting significant spending cuts.

Get The Documents
The Full Jobs Plan (PDF)
One-Page Summary (PDF)

FLOOR UPDATES
The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. First votes expected: 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Last votes expected: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.

GOP Health Care Reforms

Key Points of the Plan

Require congressional review and approval of any government regulations that have a significant impact on the economy or burden small businesses.
Audit existing and pending regulations to identify and address those that hinder economic growth.

Increase American competitiveness to spur investment and create more American jobs by streamlining the tax code and lowering the tax rate for businesses and individuals including small business owners to no more than 25%.
Reform the tax code to allow American businesses to bring back their overseas profits without having to pay a tax penalty so they can invest in our economy and create American jobs.

Pass the three pending free trade agreements with Colombia, Panama, and South Korea to create up to 250,000 jobs.

Modernize our patent system to protect our nation’s innovators, discourage frivolous lawsuits, and expedite patent reviews.
Re-Authorize and improve federal programs and approval processes to streamline development of new products. Remove barriers to building a first class workforce so that the United States can compete in the global marketplace and lead the way in technological development and growth.

Maximize Domestic Energy Production to Ensure an Energy Policy for the 21st Century:

Promote lower energy prices through increased domestic production. Encourage all forms of energy production.

Get The Documents
The Full Jobs Plan (PDF)
One-Page Summary (PDF)

FLOOR UPDATES
The House will meet at 9:00 a.m. for legislative business. First votes expected: 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. Last votes expected: 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.

GOP Health Care Reforms

My plan does. It reduces the most costly business expense (employee costs) to a maximum of taxes.

Which Government regulations 'burden' small business? I'm a business owner and I haven't seen any I didn't like.

Mitt is a loser, and is washed up in politics. it is as simple as that.

Not necessarily. A number of presidential tickets had names that ran more than once:

William Jennings Bryan (D) - 3 times nominated, lost all three times.

FDR (D) - 5 times nominated, the first time as VP candidate in 1920, he lost. 12 years later, he was our president.

John Dewey (R) ran 3 times (1940, 1944, 1948) and was nominated in 1944 and 1948. He lost both times.

Adlai E. Stevenson III (D) - nominated twice, lost twice.

Richard Nixon - nominated 5 times (2 as VP, 3 as Pres nominee), lost the prez election in 1960, came back in 1968.

So, it's possible. But it's not very likely. Times have changed and parties tend to be very unkind to losing nominees.

Key Points of the Plan

Get The Documents
The Full Jobs Plan (PDF)
One-Page Summary (PDF)

FLOOR UPDATES

GOP Health Care Reforms

My plan does all of that. FYI the average effective tax that business pays is 12%. The reality is that apple to apples with you, business already pays less effective rate than you do today. Walmart; 1.7% effective.

"More jobs and better pay" is a freaking cliche thrown out by thoughtless politicians. How in the world does an increase in min wage translate to more jobs? Common sense will tell you that a raise in min wage will lead to a decrease in low level jobs because small businesses can't afford it.

Key Points of the Plan

Get The Documents
The Full Jobs Plan (PDF)
One-Page Summary (PDF)

FLOOR UPDATES

GOP Health Care Reforms

My plan does that. It removes the largest cost from the business bottom line. It also put more money into the hands of the middle class to buy more.

Sorry, planes landing, see you later!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back