Romney-Obama Debate Thread

Obama seemed to lack passion. Romney was well prepped and sold himself well

Romney should see a boost from the debate.....but I doubt if it is enough

I agree , one of the talking heads said Obama doesn't enjoy debating and I'd say it showed, he looked sparkelss at times.

As far as "enough"? Enough for what? Outside a hammer lock, Romney had to o what he did, show well and sound imformed and confident and meet the mo,d of what folks would say is presidential. So in that sense he surely won.
I was surprised, but I thought each person presented as well as he could. I'm so partial, however, to Romney's Issues page, I have to recuse myself from making a prediction about who won, but I was especially pleased at Romney's debate overall. And Obama did not offend me as I thought he might.

So I walked away from the debate a little surprised, but happier than I've felt for a long time due to the overall gentlemanliness of each participant at all times in the debate I recollect.

First Debate.....I have to give to Romney

I didn't see the promised zingers from either side

Good job by Romney, but far from the home run that he needed

I agree... Romney took this one. I wonder what happened to all the zingers we were told Romney has been practicing? I guess he was too bust with substance. ;)

While I agree this was not a home run for Romney, I'd say it was a triple.

He had one home run...When Obama chided Romney on the $2.8 Billion subsidy for oil and Romney responded with the $90 Billion Subsidy to green industry, mentioning Solyndra and others that went bankrupt, ending with some may say "picking winners and losers, my friend said, picking losers!"

tHAT WAS THE WINNER FOR THE NIGHT. oBAMA SHOOK HIS HEAD IN AGREEMENT!

rachel is going to drown many a lesbian tonight with her tears.

Last edited:
now the media gets to look at everything Mitt said and destroy him with his own words on just how liberal he really is. That will be the big killer, not the bullshit in a debate, but what is talked about for days and days after it.

Admit it, most you "conservatives" were only happy Mitt was talking, on a very shallow level you know he was not talking in a strait line and you prolly hated a good deal of what he said... That will be all over the news.

Dude most of the "conservatives" on this board don't care as long as Willard has an (R) next to his name he could read the communist manifesto while taking a shit on the Bill of rights and they would still cheer him on

Last edited:
Money we're saving from two wars? Does the dumbass not realize that we've had to BORROW the money to finance those wars. There are no savings to spend.

There might have been, but obama spent it on Libya.

First Debate.....I have to give to Romney

I didn't see the promised zingers from either side

Good job by Romney, but far from the home run that he needed

I agree... Romney took this one. I wonder what happened to all the zingers we were told Romney has been practicing? I guess he was too bust with substance. ;)

While I agree this was not a home run for Romney, I'd say it was a triple.

He had one home run...When Obama chided Romney on the $2.8 Billion subsidy for oil and Romney responded with the $90 Billion Subsidy to green industry, mentioning Solyndra and others that went bankrupt, ending with some may say "picking winners and losers, my friend said, picking losers!"

tHAT WAS THE WINNER FOR THE NIGHT. oBAMA SHOOK HIS HEAD IN AGREEMENT!

Half those companies are out of business and the other half donated to your campaign.

That was PRICELESS.

You are entitled to your own airplane and your own house but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Another PRICELESS.

Romney was ready and energetic. Credit for that. But how does he expect to magically do all those cuts and balance the budget. Wow

now the media gets to look at everything Mitt said and destroy him with his own words on just how liberal he really is. That will be the big killer, not the bullshit in a debate, but what is talked about for days and days after it.

Admit it, most you "conservatives" were only happy Mitt was talking, on a very shallow level you know he was not talking in a strait line and you prolly hated a good deal of what he said... That will be all over the news.

You are correct. That's why Obama pinged him on taxes, Medicare and healthcare. Romney said the opposite of what his plan says and the media will fact-check his every word. The second debate is foreign and domestic issues and the topics will come up again.

Dude most of the "conservatives" on this board don't care as long as Willard has an (R) next to his name he could read the communist manifesto while taking a shit on the Bill of right and they would still cheer him on

What bullshit

Dude most of the "conservatives" on this board don't care as long as Willard has an (R) next to his name he could read the communist manifesto while taking a shit on the Bill of rights and they would still cheer him on

:rolleyes: Oh brother....

You are correct. That's why Obama pinged him on taxes, Medicare and healthcare. Romney said the opposite of what his plan says and the media will fact-check his every word. The second debate is foreign and domestic issues and the topics will come up again.

Romney is going to get shit on by the fact-checkers.

Rightly so...

Forum List

Back