Ron Paul: Crimea Secedes. So What?...

Only simpletons think complicated situations have simple solutions. Comforting, but without value.

Communists

I was born just before the collapse of the soviet union so I didn't live in the era of communism but judging from my parent's words this political regime isn't that bad as it is portrayed in your country. The medical care was free, everybody could afford to go to university because the education was free either. food was affordable and there were no homeless people begging on the streets. The soviet Russia launched the first man into space. the frst sattelite,sputnik, was put in orbit , the first robotic mission to the Moon was also the union's achievment. I'm not saying that communisn is the best social order but living in the soveit union surely had its own advantages .

Last edited:

America isn't going to fight cus it has to trudge very carefuly - today's russia is not what it used to be in the 90s and we still got nukes so....

america has to take a cautious step back and take a look around - brazil, india, china are not on your side. EU has no influence whatsoever it's not half as powerful as it used to be in the late 40's

Last edited:
Communists

I was born just before the collapse of the soviet union so I didn't live in the era of communism but judging from my parent's words this political regime isn't that bad as it is portrayed in your country. The medical care was free, everybody could afford to go to university because the education was free either. food was affordable and there were no homeless people begging on the streets. The soviet Russia launched the first man into space. the frst sattelite,sputnik, was put in orbit , the first robotic mission to the Moon was also the union's achievment. I'm not saying that communisn is the best social order but living in the soveit union surely had its own advantages .

Must be, DC has been trying to emulate the USSR since 1935.

Russia and Crimea vs the West

Crimea voted on a referendum to join Russia. Violence non existent. Almost no deaths.

On the other hand we supply military equipment, military advisers, military training, and billions of dollars to support militants errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rebels who want "democracy" oh and our tax dollars.

:lol:

Look how well it's worked so far in Egypt (I hear Morsi's still in jail), and in Libya (run by militias now) Syria (Assad is still in control of his country and is driving out the mercenaries and al Qaeda).

I'd say the "Russian Spring" was far more successful and with such little blood being shed.

Who has said anything about military strikes against Russia

Ok, but even imposing sanctions on Russia is not a solution. you just haven''t figured what Ukraine , Belarus mean to us. we share the same culture , history, traditions, language. Those coutries are almost like the extention of russia. And any manifestation of violence against the population of those states is in some sense a mortal insult to every russian. To understand it you have to be russian so I don't expect you to.

you aren't of our nation or of our blood. Our nation was specifically founded by and for whites.

If you knew anything at all about my nation, you'd know that it wasn't founded on "blood" or any false notion of race, you stupid shit. Not only are you NOT an American, you don't deserve the privilege of residing in my country. GTFO, you worthless cur.

You ought to look at the immigration act of 1790 and my country's constitutional preamble. Alien scum like you have no place in our country. Nor am I going to let smear my White Russian brothers, who should be our natural allies, if it wasn't for our zionist klepocratic government.

Looks like we'll be experiencing some serious Blowback on this one. The perpetrators of the Coup in Kiev are beginning to look like very unsavory characters. Why are we giving them several $Billion in Tax Dollars again? I'm still not getting it.

you aren't of our nation or of our blood. Our nation was specifically founded by and for whites.

If you knew anything at all about my nation, you'd know that it wasn't founded on "blood" or any false notion of race, you stupid shit. Not only are you NOT an American, you don't deserve the privilege of residing in my country. GTFO, you worthless cur.

my country's constitutional preamble.

What country is that? You sure as hell are NOT an American. You can't even understand what it means to be one, fool.

Who has said anything about military strikes against Russia

Ok, but even imposing sanctions on Russia is not a solution. you just haven''t figured what Ukraine , Belarus mean to us. we share the same culture , history, traditions, language. Those coutries are almost like the extention of russia. And any manifestation of violence against the population of those states is in some sense a mortal insult to every russian. To understand it you have to be russian so I don't expect you to.

Now we're back to Austria, The Sudetenland, Poland, etc.

Residents of Crimea voted over the weekend on whether they would remain an autonomous region of Ukraine or join the Russian Federation. In so doing, they joined a number of countries and regions — including recently Scotland, Catalonia and Venice — that are seeking to secede from what they view as unresponsive or oppressive governments.

These latter three are proceeding without much notice, while the overwhelming Crimea vote to secede from Ukraine has incensed U.S. and European Union officials, and has led NATO closer to conflict with Russia than since the height of the Cold War.

What's the big deal? Opponents of the Crimea vote like to point to the illegality of the referendum. But self-determination is a centerpiece of international law. Article I of the United Nations Charter points out clearly that the purpose of the U.N. is to "develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples."

Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?

Critics point to the Russian "occupation" of Crimea as evidence that no fair vote could have taken place. Where were these people when an election held in an Iraq occupied by U.S. troops was called a "triumph of democracy"?

Perhaps the U.S. officials who supported the unconstitutional overthrow of Ukraine's government should refocus their energies on learning our own Constitution, which does not allow the U.S. government to overthrow governments overseas or send a billion dollars to bail out Ukraine and its international creditors.

Though the Obama administration has applied some minimal sanctions on selected Russian and Crimean individuals, neither the U.S. nor the EU can afford significant sanctions against Russia. Global trade provides too much economic benefit to both sides.

Indeed, international markets rallied on news that the sanctions would be thus far minimal. They understand that trade and economic engagement are the surest roads to peace and prosperity. Let's hope governments will follow their lead.

Ron Paul: Crimea secedes. So what?
DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Good post!

Land ownership & leadership is an ever-changing organism of sorts. From mankind's oldest historical documentation to the present time nations have changed hands or morphed in various ways. It's nothing new. Who do some of the "leaders" of America think they are? Who set us up as the world's watchdogs? As far as I'm concerned we can set up in a throne on some moral high ground if and when we clean up our own backyard. We have MORE than enough problems of our own. We don't need to stick our meddling noses in someone else's problems.

Obama is all huffy about Russians crossing borders on that end of the world but turns a blind eye to all the Mexicans crossing our southern border. The difference is that the folks on THAT end of the world voted in favor of it while we Americans are generally opposed to our border situation. So Obama, in usual fashion, has things bass-ackwards.

Looks like this one could go the Syrian route. We've been supportong Terrorist psychos there. And now it looks like we're supporting Nazi psychos in Ukraine. Americans need to research who the perpetrators of the Coup in Kiev really are. Here's a hint, they're not nice people.

There are a few million dead Native Americans who know better.

Meanwhile speaking of "worthless", your entire input to this thread has consisted of "he didn't do that", "he didn't do that either", "it is not" and "you're stupid (an idiot/worthless/etc) so get the fuck out". Clearly you're the one who's clueless here taking up bandwidth and contributing absolute zero, so maybe you should just get the fuck out since you obviously have no role here. What the fuck is wrong with you?

Looks like we'll be experiencing some serious Blowback on this one. The perpetrators of the Coup in Kiev are beginning to look like very unsavory characters. Why are we giving them several $Billion in Tax Dollars again? I'm still not getting it.

Wait till you get a load of the Right Sector's new promise to destroy Russia's economy by destroying the pipelines that go to Europe. :D

These thugs that provided the muscle for the coup are a little short on the thought process of "what could possibly go wrong". It's these goons that were killing cops and beating others. Serious whack jobs.

This is who our leaders have been backing in the *cough* rebellion. I think that the EU and all of our governments are going to rue the day they stepped in to back the coup.

The leader of the far-right Ukrainian nationalist Pravy Sektor (Right Sector) party has reportedly threatened to attack Russia's lucrative gas pipeline which travels through Ukraine to prevent the Kremlin from sparking a "Third World War".

"We cannot allow the enemy to carry out a blitzkrieg attack on Ukrainian territory," said Dmitry Yarosh, according to Voice of Russia.

The pipeline in question, the Trans-Siberian Pipeline, supplies Europe with the majority of its gas imports.

"We are well aware of the fact that Russia is earning money by transporting its oil and gas to the West through our pipe," he said. "Therefore, we'll destroy this pipe in order to deprive Russia of its financing source."

Ukraine: Neo-Fascist Leader Dmitry Yarosh Vows to Destroy Russia's Gas Pipelines to Stop 'World War III'

Last edited:
Residents of Crimea voted over the weekend on whether they would remain an autonomous region of Ukraine or join the Russian Federation. In so doing, they joined a number of countries and regions — including recently Scotland, Catalonia and Venice — that are seeking to secede from what they view as unresponsive or oppressive governments.

These latter three are proceeding without much notice, while the overwhelming Crimea vote to secede from Ukraine has incensed U.S. and European Union officials, and has led NATO closer to conflict with Russia than since the height of the Cold War.

What's the big deal? Opponents of the Crimea vote like to point to the illegality of the referendum. But self-determination is a centerpiece of international law. Article I of the United Nations Charter points out clearly that the purpose of the U.N. is to "develop friendly relations among nations based on respect for the principle of equal rights and self-determination of peoples."

Why does the U.S. care which flag will be hoisted on a small piece of land thousands of miles away?

Critics point to the Russian "occupation" of Crimea as evidence that no fair vote could have taken place. Where were these people when an election held in an Iraq occupied by U.S. troops was called a "triumph of democracy"?

Perhaps the U.S. officials who supported the unconstitutional overthrow of Ukraine's government should refocus their energies on learning our own Constitution, which does not allow the U.S. government to overthrow governments overseas or send a billion dollars to bail out Ukraine and its international creditors.

Though the Obama administration has applied some minimal sanctions on selected Russian and Crimean individuals, neither the U.S. nor the EU can afford significant sanctions against Russia. Global trade provides too much economic benefit to both sides.

Indeed, international markets rallied on news that the sanctions would be thus far minimal. They understand that trade and economic engagement are the surest roads to peace and prosperity. Let's hope governments will follow their lead.

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

but ron paul is a zero with regard to foreign policy…. willfully ignorant.

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

Good post!

Land ownership & leadership is an ever-changing organism of sorts. From mankind's oldest historical documentation to the present time nations have changed hands or morphed in various ways. It's nothing new. Who do some of the "leaders" of America think they are? Who set us up as the world's watchdogs? As far as I'm concerned we can set up in a throne on some moral high ground if and when we clean up our own backyard. We have MORE than enough problems of our own. We don't need to stick our meddling noses in someone else's problems.

Obama is all huffy about Russians crossing borders on that end of the world but turns a blind eye to all the Mexicans crossing our southern border. The difference is that the folks on THAT end of the world voted in favor of it while we Americans are generally opposed to our border situation. So Obama, in usual fashion, has things bass-ackwards.

Sooooo..... Mexicans are massing troops at the border? Mexico is holding a referendum asking Texas whether it wants to join Mexico or be an independent nation?

Yeah that's a comparison.... :cuckoo:

DRUDGE REPORT 2014®

but ron paul is a zero with regard to foreign policy…. willfully ignorant.

The word you were looking for was

WILLFULLY NON-INTERVENTIONIST.

The goons who are now in power in Kiev and yes Svoboda holds some key positions now as payback for their muscle in the overthrow made no bones about having wanted to strip away Crimea's autonomy.

I've listed the shit in their party platform till I'm blue in the face. The new government is seriously anti Russian and super uber Ukrainian nationalist.

Crimea is ethnically Russian for crying out loud. Why on earth would they want to stay with Kiev when the usurpers hate ethnic Russians so much?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back