Round Rock students suspended for posing with Confederate flag

People from the south are very proud of their heritage. You don't have any say in the matter. For people nowadays, the flag doesn't stand for slavery, it stands for pride in their heritage and their ancestors.

Most of the people who fought and died in that war did not own slaves.
people from the south that want to use that flag and pretend it represents 'heritage' are liars.

Link?
it's an opinion. but that flag has represented racism and traitors from day one. that someone would think they could re-appropriate it to mean something else to me means they are either lying to themselves or lying about their intended meaning. you take your pick.
You've been lied too. That flag has been misrepresented n misunderstood by both blacks n whites.
so you telling me that the traitor's flag has not symbolized the fight for slavery and racism from its very beginning?
The battle flag was exactly that a battle flag, nothing more nothing less.

people from the south that want to use that flag and pretend it represents 'heritage' are liars.

Link?
it's an opinion. but that flag has represented racism and traitors from day one. that someone would think they could re-appropriate it to mean something else to me means they are either lying to themselves or lying about their intended meaning. you take your pick.
You've been lied too. That flag has been misrepresented n misunderstood by both blacks n whites.
so you telling me that the traitor's flag has not symbolized the fight for slavery and racism from its very beginning?
right. it was a banner representing traitors fighting for slavery in battle. from day one until now that is what it has represented.

First off does a school assistant principal have the right to view a child's cell phone?
Suspended too? My God it's a damn police state in Texas.

I see a lawsuit in the school's future.
read the article. pretty clear the dad doesn't believe his son's b.s.

The asst principle was digging through a student's cell phone.

Yeah, a big lawsuit could be in his future.

Why wouldn't he have his phone at school?
well - and this is just one guess - because he exhibits poor judgment with it

Poor judgment? That is not for you to decide. This is still a free country, and symbols are not illegal. The "punishment" for posing with a flag is way over the top and nothing short of ridiculous. People are still entitled to their own beliefs and to make their own judgments, as long as it is not breaking any laws.

right. it was a banner representing traitors fighting for slavery in battle. from day one until now that is what it has represented.
That's not a fact.

First off does a school assistant principal have the right to view a child's cell phone?

you're dreaming.

you're dreaming.

It's a symbol of the south. If you read something else into that, that is only your opinion. Nothing more. You want to punish everyone who you don't agree with? Is that it?

Let me get this straight.

The only way they knew the student was posing with the Confederate flag, is because the Asst Principal found the picture while scrolling thru the students phone log?

Has anyone stated they were threatened by it, other than the principal?
No one knows. They havent released any details. I'm satisfied that it was because of the loser flag. No doubt the child was inbred.
I would sue the school, you see having the flag is neither illegal nor aggressive, It is a violation of the 1st Amendment free speech and association. The school has no legal reason to suspend a student because of a flag.
schools and free speech are a tricky subject - but suffice to say that they do not have to allow threatening or disruptive speech and can punish those that participate in such.

they can also ban pretty much whatever they want - including the traitor's rag.
I still don't see in the article how the boy was caught with the pic, can u point me to what I'm missing.

The only way they knew the student was posing with the Confederate flag, is because the Asst Principal found the picture while scrolling thru the students phone log?

No one knows. They havent released any details. I'm satisfied that it was because of the loser flag. No doubt the child was inbred.
I would sue the school, you see having the flag is neither illegal nor aggressive, It is a violation of the 1st Amendment free speech and association. The school has no legal reason to suspend a student because of a flag.
schools and free speech are a tricky subject - but suffice to say that they do not have to allow threatening or disruptive speech and can punish those that participate in such.

I still don't see in the article how the boy was caught with the pic, can u point me to what I'm missing.

Probably not. I'm still waiting for him to post which school policies were violated, as he claims to know school policies. Still waiting.

What school policies were violated?

That's not a fact.
except that it is.
or are you claiming that it was not used by traitors fighting in defense of slavery - or that since the civil war it has not been used by those pushing racism and segregation and all sorts of other evils.

a teacher saw it on a cell phone. that's all i know.

Probably not. I'm still waiting for him to post which school policies were violated, as he claims to know school policies. Still waiting.
the school says the pic was an implied threat. without their handbook i won't be able to tell you their exact policies, but no school tolerates threats.

the school says the pic was an implied threat. without their handbook i won't be able to tell you their exact policies, but no school tolerates threats.

How is taking a picture with a flag a "threat?"

Oh, so you don't know much about school policies either, I see. Lol. :D

Just because you might find something offensive, doesn't mean anything.

That's not a fact.
except that it is.
or are you claiming that it was not used by traitors fighting in defense of slavery - or that since the civil war it has not been used by those pushing racism and segregation and all sorts of other evils.
Most from the south fought against tyranny. Since the fucktard kkk idiots have done everything to tarnish the true meaning. Everything is not about slavery of the blacks.

How is taking a picture with a flag a "threat?"
i haven't seen the picture and i don't know the history in the school.
when the principal says this wasn't the first problem i tend to believe that an otherwise stupid yet innocuous photo might take on additional meaning in context.

That's not a fact.
except that it is.
Most from the south fought against tyranny. Since the fucktard kkk idiots have done everything to tarnish the true meaning. Everything is not about slavery of the blacks.
nobody from the south fought against tyranny. they all fought for slavery.

Forum List

Back