Round Rock students suspended for posing with Confederate flag

The battle flag was exactly that a battle flag, nothing more nothing less.
right. it was a banner representing traitors fighting for slavery in battle. from day one until now that is what it has represented.
That's not a fact.
except that it is.
or are you claiming that it was not used by traitors fighting in defense of slavery - or that since the civil war it has not been used by those pushing racism and segregation and all sorts of other evils.
Most from the south fought against tyranny. Since the fucktard kkk idiots have done everything to tarnish the true meaning. Everything is not about slavery of the blacks.
nobody from the south fought against tyranny. they all fought for slavery.
Show me the facts

schools and free speech are a tricky subject - but suffice to say that they do not have to allow threatening or disruptive speech and can punish those that participate in such.

they can also ban pretty much whatever they want - including the traitor's rag.
I still don't see in the article how the boy was caught with the pic, can u point me to what I'm missing.

Probably not. I'm still waiting for him to post which school policies were violated, as he claims to know school policies. Still waiting.
the school says the pic was an implied threat. without their handbook i won't be able to tell you their exact policies, but no school tolerates threats.

How is taking a picture with a flag a "threat?"
i haven't seen the picture and i don't know the history in the school.
when the principal says this wasn't the first problem i tend to believe that an otherwise stupid yet innocuous photo might take on additional meaning in context.

A picture with a flag is not grounds for suspension.

Dumbf***kery isn't bound by geography.

Of course not. There are confederate sympathizing traitors all over the country, not just in Texas.
Better a confederate then a commie puke like yo. By the way, I am a Yankee, glad the south lost. But I am smart enough to know it is just a flag. Unlike libtard pussies who get their panties all bunched up over a flag.

This a possible case of a citizens rights being violated, but somehow slavery gets thrown n there, deflect, deflect, deflect.

I still don't see in the article how the boy was caught with the pic, can u point me to what I'm missing.

Probably not. I'm still waiting for him to post which school policies were violated, as he claims to know school policies. Still waiting.
the school says the pic was an implied threat. without their handbook i won't be able to tell you their exact policies, but no school tolerates threats.

when the principal says this wasn't the first problem i tend to believe that an otherwise stupid yet innocuous photo might take on additional meaning in context.

Only to libtards in their screwed up minds.

A Confederate flag can be a mighty dangerous device. I've injured myself on a couple of them. Good thing Obama's bringing tens of thousands of muslims to this country. Hope they all bring an islamic flag, which will soon take it's rightful place on the flagpole with the stars and stripes.

right. it was a banner representing traitors fighting for slavery in battle. from day one until now that is what it has represented.
That's not a fact.
except that it is.
or are you claiming that it was not used by traitors fighting in defense of slavery - or that since the civil war it has not been used by those pushing racism and segregation and all sorts of other evils.
Most from the south fought against tyranny. Since the fucktard kkk idiots have done everything to tarnish the true meaning. Everything is not about slavery of the blacks.
Show me the facts
the facts are in the secession declarations. the facts are that we do not now live under tyranny, and we didn't then, either - ergo the traitors could not have been fighting tyranny.

That's not a fact.
except that it is.
Show me the facts
the facts are in the secession declarations. the facts are that we do not now live under tyranny, and we didn't then, either - ergo the traitors could not have been fighting tyranny.

Many of the men who died in that war were drafted.

the school begs to differ.
and you might be right - but do you honestly think we have the whole story?

i'm going to give everyone here a clue when it comes to school stories - they are always one sided. schools cannot talk about students and discipline except in the vaguest of terms. parents and students have no constraints and can make any accusation or claim they want, with the schools almost without exception offering no comment.

That's not a fact.
except that it is.
Show me the facts

It doesn't really matter if you believe in their cause. People can honor and remember their ancestors and their culture in any way they wish.

except that it is.
Show me the facts

that sucks for them. guess they should have deserted rather than fight for traitors and slavery.

except that it is.
Show me the facts

It doesn't really matter if you believe in their cause. People can honor and remember their ancestors and their culture in any way they wish.
they sure can, but as i've said before, it is my opinion that people using the confederate flag and claiming it represents 'heritage' are either lying to themselves about what it means or lying to us about what they want it to mean. my guess is more often than not they're not lying to themselves.

Show me the facts

that sucks for them. guess they should have deserted rather than fight for traitors and slavery.

Obviously, you have no arguments. Back then, men would be hung.

Show me the facts

they sure can, but as i've said before, it is my opinion that people using the confederate flag and claiming it represents 'heritage' are either lying to themselves about what it means or lying to us about what they want it to mean. my guess is more often than not they're not lying to themselves.

Your opinion isn't law and is irrelevant to other people.

Show me the facts

Obviously, you have no arguments. Back then, men would be hung.
only if caught. rough choice, i agree. choosing to either fight for slavery or risk hanging. of course, if they were patriots, they would have gone north and enlisted with the united states before being drafted.

Show me the facts

have i said that it was law - or even should be? i'm fine with people broadcasting they are assholes by flying the rag. but i do believe such displays in schools are disruptive and could be construed as threats.

Show me the facts

have i said that it was law - or even should be? i'm fine with people broadcasting they are assholes by flying the rag. but i do believe such displays in schools are disruptive and could be construed as threats.

It wasn't displayed. Apparently, they went through a kid's cellphone to find the pictures.

Show me the facts

How is it a threat? You still haven't explained that bit of hyperbole. Lol. It's a flag. It can't hurt you.

It wasn't displayed.
you don't know that.
Apparently, they went through a kid's cellphone to find the pictures.
we don't really know that either, just that it was found on a cellphone.

Forum List

Back