Round Rock students suspended for posing with Confederate flag

the facts are in the secession declarations. the facts are that we do not now live under tyranny, and we didn't then, either - ergo the traitors could not have been fighting tyranny.

It doesn't really matter if you believe in their cause. People can honor and remember their ancestors and their culture in any way they wish.
they sure can, but as i've said before, it is my opinion that people using the confederate flag and claiming it represents 'heritage' are either lying to themselves about what it means or lying to us about what they want it to mean. my guess is more often than not they're not lying to themselves.

Your opinion isn't law and is irrelevant to other people.
have i said that it was law - or even should be? i'm fine with people broadcasting they are assholes by flying the rag. but i do believe such displays in schools are disruptive and could be construed as threats.

How is it a threat? You still haven't explained that bit of hyperbole. Lol. It's a flag. It can't hurt you.
the flag has meaning. don't try to pretend it doesn't.

I would sue the school, you see having the flag is neither illegal nor aggressive, It is a violation of the 1st Amendment free speech and association. The school has no legal reason to suspend a student because of a flag.
schools and free speech are a tricky subject - but suffice to say that they do not have to allow threatening or disruptive speech and can punish those that participate in such.

they can also ban pretty much whatever they want - including the traitor's rag.
I still don't see in the article how the boy was caught with the pic, can u point me to what I'm missing.

Probably not. I'm still waiting for him to post which school policies were violated, as he claims to know school policies. Still waiting.
the school says the pic was an implied threat. without their handbook i won't be able to tell you their exact policies, but no school tolerates threats.

How is taking a picture with a flag a "threat?"
It promotes treason. Next thing you know they will be bombing federal buildings.

It doesn't really matter if you believe in their cause. People can honor and remember their ancestors and their culture in any way they wish.
they sure can, but as i've said before, it is my opinion that people using the confederate flag and claiming it represents 'heritage' are either lying to themselves about what it means or lying to us about what they want it to mean. my guess is more often than not they're not lying to themselves.

have i said that it was law - or even should be? i'm fine with people broadcasting they are assholes by flying the rag. but i do believe such displays in schools are disruptive and could be construed as threats.

How is it a threat? You still haven't explained that bit of hyperbole. Lol. It's a flag. It can't hurt you.

It has different meaning to different people and is not a "threat." Lol.

except that it is.
or are you claiming that it was not used by traitors fighting in defense of slavery - or that since the civil war it has not been used by those pushing racism and segregation and all sorts of other evils.
Most from the south fought against tyranny. Since the fucktard kkk idiots have done everything to tarnish the true meaning. Everything is not about slavery of the blacks.
nobody from the south fought against tyranny. they all fought for slavery.
Show me the facts
the facts are in the secession declarations. the facts are that we do not now live under tyranny, and we didn't then, either - ergo the traitors could not have been fighting tyranny.

Many of the men who died in that war were drafted.
So what?

Of course its a threat. i would kick someones ass that waved a loser flag at me. I know exactly what they are saying.

right. a flag that has flown over lynchings cannot be seen as a threat. grow up.

good story. hopefully the kids kearned their lesson and will think twice about supporting treason in the future

If not for treason, you'd be a British subject right now (or possibly German) by now you historical illiterate.

I often wonder how this corporate entity has been able to keep the people fooled for so long...then I see stupidity like Ogi posted and the picture becomes clear.
stupidity? every single confederate was a treasonous bastard fighting for the right to keep people as property.

pretending that the traitor's rag is anything other than just that is the real stupidity.

Quick question. Should we destroy the US flag because it was used as a standard as our Army killed Native Americans? Well actually, more to the point, Is England offended by our treasonous flag? You fucking idiots need to open a history book once in awhile.

Actually, its even simpler than that. From the founding of the nation until 1865, the Stars and Stripes was the flag of a SLAVE NATION.

If the Confederate flag is a slavery flag, then to is the Stars and Stripes.

Logically, it can be no other way.

Mark

good story. hopefully the kids kearned their lesson and will think twice about supporting treason in the future

If not for treason, you'd be a British subject right now (or possibly German) by now you historical illiterate.

I often wonder how this corporate entity has been able to keep the people fooled for so long...then I see stupidity like Ogi posted and the picture becomes clear.
stupidity? every single confederate was a treasonous bastard fighting for the right to keep people as property.

pretending that the traitor's rag is anything other than just that is the real stupidity.

Quick question. Should we destroy the US flag because it was used as a standard as our Army killed Native Americans? Well actually, more to the point, Is England offended by our treasonous flag? You fucking idiots need to open a history book once in awhile.

Actually, its even simpler than that. From the founding of the nation until 1865, the Stars and Stripes was the flag of a SLAVE NATION.

Mark
Terrible analogy and a logical fallacy called false equivalence. The stars and stripes were never established to promote slavery like the loser confederate flag was. Youre not even in the same ball park.

My God it's a damn police state in Texas.

Yep, been pointing that out for years. That's why conservatives love Texas so much. They love uniformed people with authority over them running their lives.

No, I love it down here because of the weather, food, and women.

As for the stupidity in Round Rock, well I am starting to wonder how the hell can someone be suspended for a picture with a Rebel Flag?

None of the school damn business unless the kid was passing it around and even then the school can request the kid to stop and not do it on school grounds and then if the kid does not then they have a case for suspension, but not before that.

Also read the news story and either the father is not telling everything or the school is bent in the damn head.

Taking a picture with any flag is not against the law, and I am betting the School Officials would not suspend kids taking a picture with the Mexican Flag while flashing Gang Signs.

Stupid suspension and it amazes me how stupid some can be down here, but not all Texans are like that!

Yep, been pointing that out for years. That's why conservatives love Texas so much. They love uniformed people with authority over them running their lives.

As for the stupidity in Round Rock, well I am starting to wonder how the hell can someone be suspended for a picture with a Rebel Flag?

None of the school damn business unless the kid was passing it around and even then the school can request the kid to stop and not do it on school grounds and then if the kid does not then they have a case for suspension, but not before that.

Also read the news story and either the father is not telling everything or the school is bent in the damn head.

Taking a picture with any flag is not against the law, and I am betting the School Officials would not suspend kids taking a picture with the Mexican Flag while flashing Gang Signs.

Stupid suspension and it amazes me how stupid some can be down here, but not all Texans are like that!

The kid is probably lying. His excuse was that he liked the colors? Doesnt the US flag have the exact same colors?

Mark
Terrible analogy and a logical fallacy called false equivalence. The stars and stripes were never established to promote slavery like the loser confederate flag was. Youre not even in the same ball park.

The flag in question is the Battle Flag of General Lee regiment and was incorporated into the Confederate Flag at a later date.

The original Confederate Flag looked more like our Flag and nothing like Stars and Bars.

So that should be first understood when discussing the flag.

The Flag the Kids were holding up is the Rebel Flag of Lee and has to do with allowing other regiments to know they were not Union Soldiers because the Confederate Flag at that time looked almost like the Union Flag.

It had nothing to do with slavery!

The kid is probably lying. His excuse was that he liked the colors? Doesnt the US flag have the exact same colors?

U.S. flag does not have the orange factor unless you are writing about the real Confederate Flag then yes it did look like the U.S. Flag at one point.

I believe the kid and father are lying.

Evidently this school has a history of racist shit and the principal is letting it be known it wont be tolerated. This is from the link in the OP.

"“We immediately told him, ‘In today's times, you need to be really careful what others think. And that the Confederate flag could be considered a negative, due to the south, you know, did fight for slavery,” Andy said.

Ryan said this isn't the first issue.

“There was more than one incident at Ridgeview Middle School involving a small amount of students,” said Ryan. "

yeah. the kid's dad clearly isn't buying the b.s. either.

Mark

The flag in question is the Battle Flag of General Lee regiment and was incorporated into the Confederate Flag at a later date.

The original Confederate Flag looked more like our Flag and nothing like Stars and Bars.

So that should be first understood when discussing the flag.

The Flag the Kids were holding up is the Rebel Flag of Lee and has to do with allowing other regiments to know they were not Union Soldiers because the Confederate Flag at that time looked almost like the Union Flag.

It had nothing to do with slavery!
Lee was a confederate general fighting to keep slavery going. Same thing in my opinion.

Evidently this school has a history of racist shit and the principal is letting it be known it wont be tolerated. This is from the link in the OP.

"“We immediately told him, ‘In today's times, you need to be really careful what others think. And that the Confederate flag could be considered a negative, due to the south, you know, did fight for slavery,” Andy said.

Ryan said this isn't the first issue.

“There was more than one incident at Ridgeview Middle School involving a small amount of students,” said Ryan. "

Yeah, I am not buying the kid excuse and believe he's been hanging with some idiots that believe it is cool to pose with the Rebel Flag and act stupid without understanding what they're doing is just making them look stupid.

The kids need a real history lesson on the Battle Flag and True Confederate Flag and why Lee had his flag made, and realize Lee Flag was made so his soldiers would not be shot by other Confederate Soldiers.

Later on his flag was incorporated into the Confederate Flag and the original one was no longer used.

It is interesting history about the flag but so many on both sides just see it as a way to mess with each other...

The Nazi Flag on the other hand, well that is a different story!

Forum List

Back