Round Rock students suspended for posing with Confederate flag

every single one of them fought against their own nation to preserve slavery. every single one.

So what. That's not the job of the public school system. It's job is to educate the children. That is IT.
hopefully the kids learned something. they sure should have.

Such as? As far as I know this is still America where people are entitled to their own views.
yep. but they were at school, which means they have to follow the rules. maybe now they have a little more respect for them, and understand why posing with the confederate flag is in poor taste.

And which particular rule did they break by posing with a flag.

More than likely, it is just going to cause hard feelings. And to say that they are being taught by being suspended is just ridiculous.
take it up with the school - but all have rules about acceptable behavior.

Doesnt really matter how many people had them. The point was that the cause of the war in their minds was slavery. We know because they admitted it. Are you saying they didnt admit they were fighting specifically because of slavery? If you are then i would suggest you read the cornerstone speech. Dont get angry. Get educated.

Asc, does the fact that thousands and thousands and thousands of white men, more per capita than any other war, left their homes, wives and children, and gave up their lives, to stop slavery and free the slaves? Does that count?

every single one of them fought against their own nation to preserve slavery. every single one.

So what. That's not the job of the public school system. It's job is to educate the children. That is IT.

Such as? As far as I know this is still America where people are entitled to their own views.
yep. but they were at school, which means they have to follow the rules. maybe now they have a little more respect for them, and understand why posing with the confederate flag is in poor taste.

Poor taste is not against the law, nor is it against any school policy that I'm aware of.
you likely aren't aware of many school policies.

I often wonder how this corporate entity has been able to keep the people fooled for so long...then I see stupidity like Ogi posted and the picture becomes clear.
stupidity? every single confederate was a treasonous bastard fighting for the right to keep people as property.

pretending that the traitor's rag is anything other than just that is the real stupidity.

Quick question. Should we destroy the US flag because it was used as a standard as our Army killed Native Americans? Well actually, more to the point, Is England offended by our treasonous flag? You fucking idiots need to open a history book once in awhile.
england might be. that's their problem. and if they choose not to celebrate our founding fathers i don't blame them.

but that doesn't make the failed traitors in the confederacy any better

You disrespect both the families who lost love ones fighting for the south AND families who lost loved ones fighting for the north with such comments. People can both be honorable and be wrong. There were many honorable people in the south and denigrating them as traitors an scum is just stupid.
they were traitors fighting for slavery. they don't deserve to be honored.

People from the south are very proud of their heritage. You don't have any say in the matter. For people nowadays, the flag doesn't stand for slavery, it stands for pride in their heritage and their ancestors.

Most of the people who fought and died in that war did not own slaves.

Poor taste is not against the law, nor is it against any school policy that I'm aware of.
you likely aren't aware of many school policies.

Well, why don't you quote them for me then. I'll wait.

stupidity? every single confederate was a treasonous bastard fighting for the right to keep people as property.

pretending that the traitor's rag is anything other than just that is the real stupidity.

Quick question. Should we destroy the US flag because it was used as a standard as our Army killed Native Americans? Well actually, more to the point, Is England offended by our treasonous flag? You fucking idiots need to open a history book once in awhile.
england might be. that's their problem. and if they choose not to celebrate our founding fathers i don't blame them.

You disrespect both the families who lost love ones fighting for the south AND families who lost loved ones fighting for the north with such comments. People can both be honorable and be wrong. There were many honorable people in the south and denigrating them as traitors an scum is just stupid.

People from the south are very proud of their heritage. You don't have any say in the matter. For people nowadays, the flag doesn't stand for slavery, it stands for pride in their heritage and their ancestors.

people from the south that want to use that flag and pretend it represents 'heritage' are liars.

that the people that did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war weren't slave owners is irrelevant. they were fighting for slavery.

people from the south that want to use that flag and pretend it represents 'heritage' are liars.

Link?

You don't have to like it or agree with it, but that doesn't mean you have the right to punish people who aren't doing anything wrong or illegal. We don't live in a police state.

Link?
it's an opinion. but that flag has represented racism and traitors from day one. that someone would think they could re-appropriate it to mean something else to me means they are either lying to themselves or lying about their intended meaning. you take your pick.

Link?
it's an opinion. but that flag has represented racism and traitors from day one. that someone would think they could re-appropriate it to mean something else to me means they are either lying to themselves or lying about their intended meaning. you take your pick.

Doesn't matter if you don't like it. It is not against any policies or laws, nor is it violent or a crime. People are still entitled to their own views and opinions whether you like it or not.

Withholding an education (suspension) is the wrong way to go about it. The schools are getting out of control and too big for their britches.

that the people that did most of the fighting and dying in the civil war weren't slave owners is irrelevant. they were fighting for slavery.
Why r they liars?

Link?
You've been lied too. That flag has been misrepresented n misunderstood by both blacks n whites.

Let me get this straight.

The only way they knew the student was posing with the Confederate flag, is because the Asst Principal found the picture while scrolling thru the students phone log?

Has anyone stated they were threatened by it, other than the principal?
No one knows. They havent released any details. I'm satisfied that it was because of the loser flag. No doubt the child was inbred.
I would sue the school, you see having the flag is neither illegal nor aggressive, It is a violation of the 1st Amendment free speech and association. The school has no legal reason to suspend a student because of a flag.

Round Rock students suspended for posing with Confederate flag
First off does a school assistant principal have the right to view a child's cell phone?
Suspended too? My God it's a damn police state in Texas.

That's a liberal for you.

He doesn't like the flag.

He assumes only bad people with bad motives would not see it his way.

And discharges his professional responsibility based on those assumptions.

Punishing a child for absolutely nothing.

As demographic shift pushes this country leftward, and LIbs get more and more control, this is our future.
Yeah...a liberal school administrator....in Texas. :rofl:

Link?
You've been lied too. That flag has been misrepresented n misunderstood by both blacks n whites.
so you telling me that the traitor's flag has not symbolized the fight for slavery and racism from its very beginning?

The only way they knew the student was posing with the Confederate flag, is because the Asst Principal found the picture while scrolling thru the students phone log?

No one knows. They havent released any details. I'm satisfied that it was because of the loser flag. No doubt the child was inbred.
I would sue the school, you see having the flag is neither illegal nor aggressive, It is a violation of the 1st Amendment free speech and association. The school has no legal reason to suspend a student because of a flag.
schools and free speech are a tricky subject - but suffice to say that they do not have to allow threatening or disruptive speech and can punish those that participate in such.

they can also ban pretty much whatever they want - including the traitor's rag.

schools and free speech are a tricky subject - but suffice to say that they do not have to allow threatening or disruptive speech and can punish those that participate in such.

They had to dig thru his phone to find the picture.

I'd like to find out why that was necessary

They had to dig thru his phone to find the picture.

I'd like to find out why that was necessary
i doubt very much that was the case. the pic was on his phone (why does he have his phone at school?) but i doubt they randomly selected that kid and went through his phone to see if there were any pictures they could get him in trouble with.

Forum List

Back