Sad Inauguration Workers Prepare To Celebrate A Man They Despise

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Some federal workers have no choice but to be at inauguration for Donald Trump.

WASHINGTON ― As soon as she found out Donald Trump had won the presidential election, Diane* began applying for a new job. As a federal employee, she just couldn’t imagine sticking around and working for a man she worried would mistreat government workers and pursue dangerous, unethical policies.

But she’s not quite done with the president-elect yet. Diane is also a member of the National Guard and has been assigned to work at inauguration.

“Oh for heaven’s sake,” she sighed.

“Hopefully we show our best for this inauguration, despite who is being inaugurated,” she added. “You’re no better than you are on your worst day, I guess I would say. We have a job to do, and I support our troops doing that job.”

Plenty of federal workers, service members and others who come to to participate in the festivities always have to take part in an inauguration for a president for whom they may not have voted. But this year seems a bit different.

The 2016 campaign was particularly acrimonious, and Trump has had trouble attracting entertainers to perform at his big day. At least one D.C.-area marching band has participated in the past five inaugural parades, but not a single one applied for this year’s.

Federal employees or service members who have no choice but to be there are trying to make the best out of the uncomfortable situation.

More: Sad Inauguration Workers Prepare To Celebrate A Man They Despise

I feel sorry for inauguration workers who are required to be there. Glad it isn't me!

Soldiers taking orders...it's what a soldier does, Lakookoo. If they don't like it? Get out

I think there's a place where people can rent a portable Safe Space. Works like a PortaJohn.

Yes, most of us know what pathetic, whiny, pusssies, many LIbErals are. Why did you feel a need to shows us this article to tell us what we already know?

Soldiers are federal workers? I guess technically but I've never seen anyone in the military willing to insult themselves by claiming that

Soldiers taking orders...it's what a soldier does, Lakookoo. If they don't like it? Get out

That was the advice to my kids long ago, stay out, all the miltary is leveraged for anymore is for expanding the global reach of corporate power.

This Inaugural theme...."Sour Grapes"....just read a few Drumpfster posts to catch on.

WASHINGTON ― As soon as she found out Donald Trump had won the presidential election, Diane* began applying for a new job. As a federal employee, she just couldn’t imagine sticking around and working for a man she worried would mistreat government workers and pursue dangerous, unethical policies.

But she’s not quite done with the president-elect yet. Diane is also a member of the National Guard and has been assigned to work at inauguration.

“Hopefully we show our best for this inauguration, despite who is being inaugurated,” she added. “You’re no better than you are on your worst day, I guess I would say. We have a job to do, and I support our troops doing that job.”

Plenty of federal workers, service members and others who come to to participate in the festivities always have to take part in an inauguration for a president for whom they may not have voted. But this year seems a bit different.

The 2016 campaign was particularly acrimonious, and Trump has had trouble attracting entertainers to perform at his big day. At least one D.C.-area marching band has participated in the past five inaugural parades, but not a single one applied for this year’s.

Federal employees or service members who have no choice but to be there are trying to make the best out of the uncomfortable situation.

I feel sorry for inauguration workers who are required to be there. Glad it isn't me!
Poor Diane, thought she had a lead pipe lock for a way to get out of work, instead she has to settle for a whine fix...long live the queen diane

This is historical.

I'd be willing to bet this in the first time in history someone helping to set up for the inauguration didn't like the incoming CiC.

(and I'd probably lose the bet)

Did I say historical?

I meant hysterical.

Lol! Love these butthurt threads with no point other than to cry because you are a sore loser.

Nutters can't seem to lose with dignity.

Just tell the "sad workers" they'll get a "Participation Trophy" for doing their job.

:rofl:

/---- Any crocodile tears for the workers who despised Obozo when he took office? Of course not. That would require objectivity on your part. Bwhahaha bwhahaha

Let's see on Inauguration Day, I'm getting up, going to work, come home, eat dinner and go to bed. It is a formality I don't care to watch or celebrate. I think that most Americans will do the same. Only the nutters will go bonkers, as proof we see Lakhota starting the silly thread.

I feel bad for Hillary and Bill having to be there. How fucking humiliating to watch Donald take the oath.

Why don't they quit their jobs in protest? That would be the honorable thing to do. And American Taxpayers would save a few bucks. So what are they waiting for? Just quit.

Forum List

Back