🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Sanders: Universal Healthcare and Free College Aren’t Radical Ideas, They Are ‘Human Rights’

A couple of personal anecdotes are sweet but hardly proof that a gov't single-payer system is better as Cowboy Ted claimed, that it is best for the US as many claim, nor does it explain why so many Canadians come to the US for their medical care.

If Canada is so much better, why do they come here and why is Canadian dissatisfaction with their system rising?

Almost 90% of Canadians want health-care complaint line: survey

"A wave of discontent with the nation’s health-care system is sweeping across Canada, with the vast majority of Canadians revealing they feel like outsiders who are powerless to influence their own health care...

An Ipsos Reid survey, commissioned by the Canadian Medical Association and due to be released Monday at the organization’s annual general council meeting in St. John’s, N.L., shows that public satisfaction with the health system continues to slide."

The CMA has two subsidiaries: MD Financial Management and NewCo.

MD Financial Management is a wealth management firm wholly owned by the CMA. MD helps clients build wealth and capitalize on opportunities that ensure they meet their personal and professional goals. MD Financial Management includes MD Financial Management Inc., MD Management Limited, MD Private Trust Company, MD Life Insurance Company and MD Insurance Agency Limited.

NewCo is the temporary name of a new wholly owned CMA subsidiary. It was created on September 1, 2014. This subsidiary delivers information and knowledge products and services. NewCo includes the Canadian Medical Association Journal and PMI physician leadership courses. It also includes clinical tools such as DynaMed, RxTx and POEMs. NewCo also includes Conjoint Accreditation Services, which upholds national standards for the education of health professionals. NewCo is registered to conduct business as 8872147 Canada Inc. It will be formally launched with a permanent name and brand later in 2015.
Canadian Medical Association - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You continue to wiggle and squirm but have yet to explain why so many Canadians come to the US for medical treatment or the rising dissatisfaction with their gov't run healthcare system.
“42,000 Canadians come to the United States for care” – Really? - PNHP's Official Blog

No squirming here.

Your little free market bullshit doesn't work for the entire population. And when you look at who is representing this picture then you find out that, once again, there are people who are invested and profit off of maintaining the status quo.

And yet we have high level public officials in Canada, that left for the US to get care.

And then we have private businesses that actually specialize in helping people escape their 'free' care.

Timely Medical Alternatives | Timely Surgery at Affordable Prices

Timely Medical is a for-profit company that apparently has enough customers in Canada, willing to pay money, to escape their system, that this company can stay open.

Survey's are always 'wonky'. They always are. So yeah, you can bicker about the survey.

What you can't argue with, is people willing to spend money, enough money that a business specializing in people escaping from the Canadian system.

If the system was so good, there is no possible way someone could make a profitable business helping people escape it. That.... you can't deny. Sorry.
10 Myths About Canadian Health Care, Busted | Physicians for a National Health Program
I am glad to burst your bubble here.
Universal or single payer is NEVER going to become the norm here.
First, the people won't stand for the confiscatory taxes. Second, they won't tolerate the hyper bureaucracy. Third they will resist with all their collective being the waste fraud and abuse that will most assuredly accompany the creation and administration of an insurance policy that is intended to cover 320 million people.
Single payer would be a gigantic money grab. Single payer would make all health care professionals into de facto federal employees.
Now, do you really think that a neuro-surgeon who probably yanks down a couple million per year is going to have their earnings cut by 80 or 90%?...do you really think that a perosn is going to spend 200k to 300k on a medical degree, spend ten years in school and another 4 years as an intern/resident only to have the fucking federal government tell them their "Grade" only allows them to earn less than $100k per year? Who do you think is going to foot the bill to pay the debt on the schooling. And just who do you think is going to cover the malpractice insurance premium so that when some hysterical parent's of a new born child that is handicapped or otherwise compromised is going oto look to the civil courts for someone to blame?...
You libs make everything in your tiny minds so simple and not once do you stop to consider the unintended consequences.

The ideas that all members of society should have access to a system of basic healthcare AND basic education regardless of their ability to pay

are simply commonsense ideas as to what a civilized society should be.

The uncivilized may disagree, but it is up to civilized society to render them powerless and irrelevant.

Here's the forum idiot yet again spouting off that taxpayers owe him free healthcare AND a college education. This from someone who doesn't even know that CVS fills prescriptions for contraceptives.

I think he also believes that PP is a major supplier of women's healthcare where there are "no other providers". Funny thing is, there's no place in this country that doesn't have basic healthcare for women, unless you live on a mountaintop in Idaho or something. In which case, it's your own damned fault. But PP has 820 or so clinics in the whole country, by their own count. Correct my math if I got it wrong, but in a nation with 158 million women, I'm going to say there's no way they're providing anything that isn't already available . . . except abortion.

The question becomes, why the hell do we listen to uninformed idealogues like NY on the subject of healthcare? Why do we take them seriously, or allow them to take themselves seriously?
There is a common assumption that one of PP's functions is to provide breast cancer screenings using mammogram devices.
Not one PP clinic has one. Not a single one.
Planned Parenthood Runs Zero Licensed Mammogram Clinics
listen to this chuck duck and dive,.
Cecile Richards Once Said Planned Parenthood Does Mammograms. Today She Admitted She Lied...
Santorum Shuts Down Whoopi’s Planned Parenthood Misconceptions [VIDEO]
The repeated, misleading claim that Planned Parenthood ‘provides’ mammograms

PP refers patients for mammograms and they also help patients in acquiring financial assistance for mammograms.

The ideas that all members of society should have access to a system of basic healthcare AND basic education regardless of their ability to pay

The uncivilized may disagree, but it is up to civilized society to render them powerless and irrelevant.

Here's the forum idiot yet again spouting off that taxpayers owe him free healthcare AND a college education. This from someone who doesn't even know that CVS fills prescriptions for contraceptives.

I think he also believes that PP is a major supplier of women's healthcare where there are "no other providers". Funny thing is, there's no place in this country that doesn't have basic healthcare for women, unless you live on a mountaintop in Idaho or something. In which case, it's your own damned fault. But PP has 820 or so clinics in the whole country, by their own count. Correct my math if I got it wrong, but in a nation with 158 million women, I'm going to say there's no way they're providing anything that isn't already available . . . except abortion.

The question becomes, why the hell do we listen to uninformed idealogues like NY on the subject of healthcare? Why do we take them seriously, or allow them to take themselves seriously?
There is a common assumption that one of PP's functions is to provide breast cancer screenings using mammogram devices.
Cecile Richards Once Said Planned Parenthood Does Mammograms. Today She Admitted She Lied...

PP refers patients for mammograms and they also help patients in acquiring financial assistance for mammograms.

Mammograms are free under all medical insurance including Medicare by federal law. Referrals can be obtained if necessary by picking up the phone. No points.

Ohhh. I knew there was a good reason they were getting 500 million tax dollars a year.

Ohhh. I knew there was a good reason they were getting 500 million tax dollars a year.

Most of what they get is for Medicaid, and yes,

we know that Republicans would end Medicaid if they could.

No, Medicaid is the entity that funds are transferred to Planned Parenthood. That's why a government shutdown would not stop the funding immediately.

No, Medicaid is the entity that funds are transferred to Planned Parenthood. That's why a government shutdown would not stop the funding immediately.

English please.

Well, some states have stopped it.

Why wouldn't you want poor children to get healthcare regardless of their parents' ability to pay?

Tell us about your philosophy on that issue.

Yep. The taxpayers pay them 500 million a year for providing referral which can be obtained for free.

Why wouldn't you want poor children to get healthcare regardless of their parents' ability to pay?

What has Planned Parenthood to do with poor children other than to murder them? Deflecting are you?

What has Planned Parenthood to do with poor children other than to murder them? Deflecting are you?

You figure it out.

You figure it out.

Already did. You're trying to deflect from an argument in which you lost terribly. Slink off and crawl back under your rock and try again another day.

Sanders will be 75 in January of 2017.
Envision him romping around in the Oval Office wondering if dad will get home in time to sit down and watch Ozzie and Harriet:

Oh and since the Rich CAN pay more they SHOULD pay more.

They DO!!!
Not really. They get tax breaks and find loopholes.Just another reason to vote for Sanders. Its why we had such a high tax rate for the rich in the 50's they couldn't buy politicians then.

And yet they DO still shoulder exponentially more of the tax burden than everyone else combined. "Just another reason to vote for Sanders" basically just amounts to "AND THEY'RE STILL RICH! HOW DARE THOSE BASTARDS NOT BE POOR LIKE ME?!"

Indeed. The Liberals are so very juvenile. They act like kids fighting over who gets the larger piece of a candy bar. You have no right to be rich and successful because I'm too stupid and lazy to accomplish what you have accomplished. I'm a victim.

Only liberals could think of victimhood as a trophy to compete for.

The Pacific Research Institute (PRI), officially the "Pacific Research Institute for Public Policy," is a think tank founded in 1979 whose stated vision is the promotion of "the principles of individual freedom and personal responsibility. The Institute believes these principles are best encouraged through policies that emphasize a free economy, private initiative, and limited government." The institute is a 501(c)3 non-profit corporation, and had $4.8 million in revenue in 2012.[1] The Pacific Research Institute has associated with other think-tanks like the American Enterprise Institute and the Cato Institute, including filing joint briefs in major legal cases.

PRI has received over $1.6 million in donations from the Koch family foundations since 1986, $1.5 million from the Koch conduits DonorsTrust and Donors Capital Fund, and millions from other right-wing foundations, including the Sarah Scaife Foundation, the Searle Freedom Trust, and the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation.
Pacific Research Institute - SourceWatch

Pacific Research Institute. Now there is a trusted source.

So can you explain why Canadians who can afford to opt out of their national system and come to the US for health care do so?

The US Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions thought enough of Pipes to hear her testimony on the not-so-wonderfulness of gov't run healthcare. Just because she doesn't work at Socialists-R-Us doesn't mean she doesn't know her stuff.
In fact ...
I was listening to three ham radio operators. All three were Canadian. All three were in their 70s. Health care came up because one just had a hip replacement. All three had long experience with the health care system.

All of them had nothing but praise for their system.

Unsolicited, unbiased, private conversation.

Three people had a good experience. How many people live in Canada? I'm sure there are lots of people who get along happily with Medicaid, but that doesn't mean it's the ideal I'm shooting for with MY healthcare. More to the point, it's MY healthcare. I would rather control it myself. The government and the President and whoever aren't the ones who are going to have to live or die by the results. My family and I are.

Yeah, I know. Excepting abortions - always, ALWAYS excepting abortions - Planned Parenthood does absolutely nothing that could not be done by the GP at the local Minute Clinic or whatever at the pharmacy, let alone the gazillion primary care clinics in this country. They do simple, basic manual breast exams, not really any different from the ones a woman should be performing on herself, and then they refer you to a radiology lab for your mammogram. Same as any general practitioner out there.

25jfbpi.jpg

The greatest nation on the face of the earth ought to have the healthiest and most well educated populace on the face of the earth. No?

Silly nutters.

So take the video games away from the kids and give them 2 hours a day of regimented P.E.

Should work great.

They can roll around the track until they can find their legs.

Planned Parenthood takes in quite a bit of money without tax money, so it's not like we'd be shutting them down. Not, you understand, that I care.

Forum List

Back