Schiff: Whenever Trump Calls Something Fake 'It Ought To Set Off Alarm Bells'

JohnnyApplesack

Gold Member
Feb 8, 2011
Schiff called the circuitous route of those documents "an attempt to distract and to hide the origin of the materials, to hide the White House's hand, and the question is of course why."

"I think the answer to the question is this effort to point the Congress in other directions. Basically say, don't look at me, don't look at Russia, there's nothing to see here," Schiff said. "I would tell people, whenever they see the President use the word 'fake,' it ought to set off alarm bells."

no kidding, and that goes for his dopey minions as well

This is yet another example of how the similar the two ends in so many of their behaviors.

When stung by a catchphrase (and, of course, the point behind it), they immediately move to dilute it by co-opting it for themselves, and moving it away from its original intention.

Liberals did it with "snowflake" (holy crap, I think they use the term more than conservatives do at this point), now the conservatives are doing it with "fake news". "Fake news" was something specific, the wave of purely fabricated "news" stories that we saw linked to daily by Alt-Righters on USMB during the campaign. They appeared to completely believe them.

Now, Trump & Co have used the above co-opting strategy to call pretty much any news item - true, false, whatever - that they don't like, "Fake News".

The two ends are SO DAMN SIMILAR.

Last edited:
Someone with nothing to hide and who has done nothing wrong would let the investigations continue without interference. Trump has done the exact opposite of that.

This is yet another example of how the similar the two ends in so many of their behaviors.

When stung by a catchphrase (and, of course, the point behind it), they immediately move to dilute it by co-opting it for themselves, and moving it away from its original intention.

Liberals did it with "snowflake" (holy crap, I think they use the term more than conservatives do at this point), now the conservatives are doing it with "fake news". "Fake news" was something specific, the wave of purely fabricated "news" stories that we saw linked to daily by Alt-Righters on USMB. They appeared to completely believe them.

Now, Trump & Co have used the above co-opting strategy to call pretty much any news item - true, false, whatever - that they don't like, "Fake News".

I agree diversion from the topic at hand is used by both sides of the coin, progressive and reactionary

the Trumpeteers are deploying the tactic on a HUGE scale, completely destroying any attempt to do so unobserved - the key to its success

so they have shone the spotlight on themselves with this ham handed gambit, and now find themselves mired in a Watergate-style cover-up that is just like Chinese handcuffs - or the deeper they dig the harder it is to get out

Liberals did it with "snowflake" (holy crap, I think they use the term more than conservatives do at this point), now the conservatives are doing it with "fake news". "Fake news" was something specific, the wave of purely fabricated "news" stories that we saw linked to daily by Alt-Righters on USMB. They appeared to completely believe them.

I agree diversion from the topic at hand is used by both sides of the coin, progressive and reactionary

the Trumpeteers are deploying the tactic on a HUGE scale, completely destroying any attempt to do so unobserved - the key to its success

so they have shone the spotlight on themselves with this ham handed gambit, and now find themselves mired in a Watergate-style cover-up that is just like Chinese handcuffs - or the deeper they dig the harder it is to get out
I can't imagine it will work. This is serious shit, and I want to think that there are still enough serious people out there who will be willing to chase it down to its conclusion.

It may be nothing, I don't know. But trying to brush it off as "fake" is silly and won't work.

I can't imagine it will work. This is serious shit, and I want to think that there are still enough serious people out there who will be willing to chase it down to its conclusion.

It may be nothing, I don't know. But trying to brush it off as "fake" is silly and won't work.

The Senate's investigation seems to be. We always have the Fourth Estate...and they're doing a pretty good job.

Schiff called the circuitous route of those documents "an attempt to distract and to hide the origin of the materials, to hide the White House's hand, and the question is of course why."

"I think the answer to the question is this effort to point the Congress in other directions. Basically say, don't look at me, don't look at Russia, there's nothing to see here," Schiff said. "I would tell people, whenever they see the President use the word 'fake,' it ought to set off alarm bells."

What have schiff for brains proved?
Not a dang thing so far.
The guy is a laughing stock. Good thing he has jokes like you to back him up

So you create a phony scandal and then accuse him of a coverup?

tyrone knows that trump is tweeting there is no RussiaGate while his secretaries of Defense and State are saying that there is RussiaGate.

Not a dang thing so far.

Not a dang thing so far.
Schiff has neutralized and exposed the corruption of the WH and House Intelligence Committee in regards to investigating charges against trump and the WH. And it is true, nobody believes the President of the United States when he talks his bullshyt. He is accepted as a pathological and serial liar.

So you create a phony scandal and then accuse him of a coverup?
Discovering and exposing the National Security Advisor as a Secret Foreign Agent is a genuine scandal.
Literally and factually, by admission, a Secret Foreign Agent, the National Security Advisor to the President.

Not a dang thing so far.

Not a dang thing so far.
Schiff has neutralized and exposed the corruption of the WH and House Intelligence Committee in regards to investigating charges against trump and the WH. And it is true, nobody believes the President of the United States when he talks his bullshyt. He is accepted as a pathological and serial liar.

You should have clarified, no one believes the President of the U.S. when bs comes out of his mouth except USMB righties.

Liberals did it with "snowflake" (holy crap, I think they use the term more than conservatives do at this point), now the conservatives are doing it with "fake news". "Fake news" was something specific, the wave of purely fabricated "news" stories that we saw linked to daily by Alt-Righters on USMB during the campaign. They appeared to completely believe them.

True, now let's see the left call for Shiffs recusal for his obvious bias. The results of this investigation cannot be believed if the democratic leader states such obvious bias.

Forum List

Back