Schumer vows to block SCOTUS pick

Chuck The Clown thinks he can bully Trump? Chuck The Clown in a coma the last 18 months?

Seems to me the court is working just fine with eight justices

Republicans proved we do not need a full court
No, they did not. You and many other here were complaining about those actions for months. Now they are okay?

We do not really need a full court - we DO need a court with an odd number of justices though. 8 is a very bad number because they can split and leave a case unresolved for precedence. A court of 8 is good for the left though - the lower courts are far more liberal than the SCOTUS will be when Trump gets to seat a judge. Unfortunately for the left, you never regained the senate so blocking Trump is simply not going to happen.
With 8, when they tie, it just leaves the earlier Circuit Court Of Review ruling in place. There is nothing wrong with that.

I'm not anymore impressed with Schumer's thought process than I was with the Republicans handling of situation. It's really hard finding an adult in government these days, one whose actions are simply based on a sense of right and wrong. .
Well SCOTUS well be a knock down drag out fight because on the left they are worried about losing Roe v. Wade and on the right they are worried about losing the 2nd Amendment.

No, they did not. You and many other here were complaining about those actions for months. Now they are okay?

We do not really need a full court - we DO need a court with an odd number of justices though. 8 is a very bad number because they can split and leave a case unresolved for precedence. A court of 8 is good for the left though - the lower courts are far more liberal than the SCOTUS will be when Trump gets to seat a judge. Unfortunately for the left, you never regained the senate so blocking Trump is simply not going to happen.
With 8, when they tie, it just leaves the earlier Circuit Court Of Review ruling in place. There is nothing wrong with that.
Yes there is. When the SCOTUS takes a case it is because it has constitutional questions that need to be solidified. When they make a ruling it enshrines that ruling as part of the context of the constitution. When the lower court's ruling stands, it does not put the constitutional question to rest.

Incorrect. The Constitution should apply uniformly throughout the United States. When the SCOTUS has an even number that can result is the Constitution be applied differently in different Circuits. When there is disagreement between the Circuits the SCOTUS must be able to resolve the issue. With an even number of Justices you can have different results in different Circuits.

>>>>

Incorrect. The Constitution should apply uniformly throughout the United States. When the SCOTUS has an even number that can result is the Constitution be applied differently in different Circuits. When there is disagreement between the Circuits the SCOTUS must be able to resolve the issue. With an even number of Justices you can have different results in different Circuits.

>>>>
Jeeze now you are telling me what "should" be.

Jeeze who made you God ???

Welcome to the ignore list azzhole.

Yes there is. When the SCOTUS takes a case it is because it has constitutional questions that need to be solidified. When they make a ruling it enshrines that ruling as part of the context of the constitution. When the lower court's ruling stands, it does not put the constitutional question to rest.
Bull Sh!t.

Scotus appointment are purely political.

The far left wants to be able to completely ignore the Constitution and the far right wants to preserve it in literal terms.

As long as there are 8 then the Circuit Courts Of Review become de facto Supreme Courts for their own circuits. That works just fine.

It works infinitely better than having another Kagan, Sotomayor, or Ginsberg subverting the Court.

>>>>

Wow.

He lays out an intelligent and supported argument and you respond with slurs and putting him on the ignore list. I see that intelligence seems to threaten you. That must be why you have not bothered to state why you claimed I was 'dumm.' I do not think you even know.

Bull Sh!t.

The far left wants to be able to completely ignore the Constitution and the far right wants to preserve it in literal terms.

As long as there are 8 then the Circuit Courts Of Review become de facto Supreme Courts for their own circuits. That works just fine.

It works infinitely better than having another Kagan, Sotomayor, or Ginsberg subverting the Court.
Not really, most of the courts below the SCOTUS make those three look like constitutionalists.

>>>>

Wow.

He lays out an intelligent and supported argument and you respond with slurs and putting him on the ignore list. I see that intelligence seems to threaten you. That must be why you have not bothered to state why you claimed I was 'dumm.' I do not think you even know.
Spam bot.

Ignore list.

I am guessing these two accounts are both your sock puppets.

and btw Md notice how your pos kiss putin and assanges butt at the expense of our fbi cia etc etc while not long ago bashed them both
when did I bash Putin, Assanges maybe, but kissing their butts? I hardly think so, what I do think is that it is more of an advantage to try and work with Putin, than it has been with obama kissing terrorist ass for the last 8 years. As far as Assange? everyone does the right thing now and again, and to be honest, to expose the truth when it came to hillary and her traitorous actions, I think he did the country a service this time.

Chuck The Clown thinks he can bully Trump? Chuck The Clown in a coma the last 18 months?
Trump is an AH A soon to be president calling anyone in a position of power a clown just shows what disaster is on the way First newspapers next cia

Bull Sh!t.

The left completely ignore the constitution??? That's some fine BS you have

and btw Md notice how your pos kiss putin and assanges butt at the expense of our fbi cia etc etc while not long ago bashed them both
when did I bash Putin, Assanges maybe, but kissing their butts? I hardly think so, what I do think is that it is more of an advantage to try and work with Putin, than it has been with obama kissing terrorist ass for the last 8 years. As far as Assange? everyone does the right thing now and again, and to be honest, to expose the truth when it came to hillary and her traitorous actions, I think he did the country a service this time.
Not you but republican s that are or were in power

Schumer is a particular male body part that even I wont say on live TV

So Chucky has decided to block Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy. Good for him.

I suggest Trump play hardball with him. What I would do is nominate a Constitutionalist with decent Conservative credentials and see what Schumer does. If Democrats filibuster, withdraw the nomination and put up an even more Conservative jurist.
After 3 or 4 tries at this, Trump sits down with Senator Schumer and simply tells him to either play ball or there will be dire consequences.
If Trump knows anything, it's how to negotiate from a position of strength.
Give the pos republicans a dose of their own medicine I say 8 more years without a 9th in the SC GD repubs know how to dish it out but like the pussy's they are ,can't take it

So you concede that your argument against Republicans for not voting on the garland nomination was pure bs?

Schumer is a particular male body part that even I wont say on live TV
He might be Rexx but you have 54 in the senate just like that and hundreds in the house Low life shit,, Republicans ,,,But I repeat myself

So Chucky has decided to block Trump's nominee for the Supreme Court vacancy. Good for him.

I suggest Trump play hardball with him. What I would do is nominate a Constitutionalist with decent Conservative credentials and see what Schumer does. If Democrats filibuster, withdraw the nomination and put up an even more Conservative jurist.
After 3 or 4 tries at this, Trump sits down with Senator Schumer and simply tells him to either play ball or there will be dire consequences.
If Trump knows anything, it's how to negotiate from a position of strength.
Give the pos republicans a dose of their own medicine I say 8 more years without a 9th in the SC GD repubs know how to dish it out but like the pussy's they are ,can't take it

So you concede that your argument against Republicans for not voting on the garland nomination was pure bs?
Sorry but I believe you smack me I try and smack you twice as hard You fed up now in your face back at you

Forum List

Back