Second Amendment advocates would this change your mind?

The important question is, would denying those who want a black assault weapon to kill people, lower the rate of murder with gun in America?
I think it would because there would be less gratification for the killer if he was limited to using a gun that didn't look the part for a murder, and obviously be less efficient in killing large numbers of people.
The professed good guy who wants to kill animals, kill songbirds, or shoot at targets wouldn't be unduly affected by his ability to own an assault weapon. Even though the change would be demoralizing for those who shoot at human silouette targets and dream of an opportunity to shoot at the real thing.
How do I know? I've been there and found immature pleasure in the shooting sports. I know what motivates all sorts of people who crave guns.
Ask a Canadian expert.
No compromise will ever be possible. An approach of taking away the incentive to own black assault weapons is the key. That will almost certainly have to start with demilitarizing America, and reducing the number of wars. In fact, that is in process now, due to the ineffectiveness of personal firearms in a war, as compared to bombs from a distance.
Comments?
I think you are confused. Assault weapons were all but outlawed 88 years ago. They are already not a factor US murder rates.

No, you don't. You have a stereotypical gun owner in your head you use as a reference. It bears little resemblance to the real thing.
There is no immature pleasure in the shooting sports. They are like any difficult endeavor. You get pleasure from mastering it. The pleasure is no different from sailing well, flying well, or driving a fast car well. I suppose it's the same as golf, backpacking or cycling, but I don't do any of those things.

Those who support a ban on high-capacity magazines are likewise Second Amendment advocates, given the fact that such bans do not violate the Constitution and have not been invalidated by the Supreme Court.
Such bans do violate the Constitution.

20 round handgun magazines and 30 round rifle magazines are clearly appropriate for self defense, and we have the right to have weapons that are appropriate for self defense.

And of course the threats of bodily harm.... gun nuts love threatening people with guns. It speaks to their lack of manhood.
Would you prefer we threaten you with knives, clubs or our hands? Guns make weak, untrained people like you less likely to be victims of strong, trained people. When might makes right, alpha males rule.

Would you prefer we threaten you with knives, clubs or our hands? Guns make weak, untrained people like you less likely to be victims of strong, trained people. When might makes right, alpha males rule.

I'd prefer they don't offer the hilarious threats at all. In no way do I worry about physical harm from these losers on the internet. Its just a sign of how lessened we have become as a people when hate is the coin of the realm.

In other words, you want to be able to say any stupid shit you want and nobody is allowed to call you on it.

How's that working out for you, kid?
I think I've made myself clear before but for the sake of the slow learners like you.
I don't care what you say. My opinion is good enough for me and if you don't like it, get a ticket, get inline and kiss my arse.

See how that fits in with you.

I'd prefer they don't offer the hilarious threats at all. In no way do I worry about physical harm from these losers on the internet. Its just a sign of how lessened we have become as a people when hate is the coin of the realm.
Tell that to the Trump haters.

I think I've made myself clear before but for the sake of the slow learners like you.
I don't care what you say. My opinion is good enough for me and if you don't like it, get a ticket, get inline and kiss my arse.

See how that fits in with you.
Opinions are like assholes everybody has one.

So everything said about Jan 6 is bullshit??!

In other words, you want to be able to say any stupid shit you want and nobody is allowed to call you on it.

How's that working out for you, kid?
That's how they believe they can make their points valid. "No resistance I must be right" lol

Opinions are like assholes everybody has one.
You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Except arseholes like you.
Ignorance is ignorance and nothing of value can be derived from it.
Have another go.

You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant. Except arseholes like you.
Ignorance is ignorance and nothing of value can be derived from it.
Have another go.
When my opinion is correct my opinion trumps the wrong opinion. Such as yours.

When my opinion is correct my opinion trumps the wrong opinion. Such as yours.
Self assessment is no assessment.
You opinion has the same validity as pure air.
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.

Self assessment is no assessment.
You opinion has the same validity as pure air.
All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
No it's called experience training and common sense. Which I have, real world time tested experience.
ETCS

Last edited:
The important question is, would denying those who want a black assault weapon to kill people, lower the rate of murder with gun in America?

I think it would because there would be less gratification for the killer if he was limited to using a gun that didn't look the part for a murder, and obviously be less efficient in killing large numbers of people.

The professed good guy who wants to kill animals, kill songbirds, or shoot at targets wouldn't be unduly affected by his ability to own an assault weapon. Even though the change would be demoralizing for those who shoot at human silouette targets and dream of an opportunity to shoot at the real thing.

How do I know? I've been there and found immature pleasure in the shooting sports. I know what motivates all sorts of people who crave guns.
Ask a Canadian expert.

No compromise will ever be possible. An approach of taking away the incentive to own black assault weapons is the key. That will almost certainly have to start with demilitarizing America, and reducing the number of wars. In fact, that is in process now, due to the ineffectiveness of personal firearms in a war, as compared to bombs from a distance.

Comments?
LOL ALMOST NO murders are committed with the supposed assault rifle. of ALL rifles less then 400 murders a year.

Forum List

Back