Self censoring "trigger" words online shows how weak and soft our society has become.

Resnic

Diamond Member
May 2, 2021
I noticed recently a inordinate amount of videos on YouTube or words on Twitter and other social media censor out words to defeat filters. Like someone can't say "a girl was raped" they have to type a "girl was r*ped", or in videos they will beep out the word rape. Drugs, rape, abuse, sex and so on. Someone can't even make a comment about a video game as a joke without having to mispell it intentionally, I can't say "damn I was playing dark souls 3 and champion gundyr kept abusing me everytime" I have to type "abvsed".

This isn't just a rare occurrence like it used to be, it's all the time now. It's sad to see how weak and soft and snivelling our society is becoming when someone can't see a word online without becoming "triggered". Is this really how we all want to be? Where reading a single word sends us into rage or depression or sadness? Do we really want to be ruled by emotions to the point where one single word ruins our entire day?

I was in the army overseas. I understand people having trauma and by that I mean real deep seeded trauma so I'm not insensitive to it. But we have an entire generation that hasn't experienced real trauma or even lived on their own and have a break down seeing the word abuse. They cry at a 40 hour work week, cry reading 1 word, they cry over everything.

I don't understand what happened. Jesus when I was a kid they showed the movie "extremities" on tv for all to see where a man breaks into this ladies house and tries to rape her and she traps him and tortured him and no one ever even said a word. I watched it with my mom as a kid. Now we can't even read the word rape. These people would have to be committed to an insane asylum if they saw the movie they call her one eye.

What happened to be people being tough and durable? Sure you can not like things and have them upset you. But you deal with it and move on. Most things people get triggered by today are things our whole society used to be exposed to every day and we barely even thought about it.

And what really boggles my mind is if I type "r4pe" it still puts the word "rape" in your head. We all know what it means, you think the word rape. So how does misspelling it make it ok somehow? It's like the word "nword", come on, we all know what it means but it's acceptable?

I don't understand America anymore and I'm only 50, I'm not that old. My grandma died at 95, and even at 95 she was still tougher than the vast majority of people today that are 15 to 30. I can't believe how much of a pussy most people have become even since the 90s.

I noticed recently a inordinate amount of videos on YouTube or words on Twitter and other social media censor out words to defeat filters. Like someone can't say "a girl was raped" they have to type a "girl was r*ped", or in videos they will beep out the word rape. Drugs, rape, abuse, sex and so on. Someone can't even make a comment about a video game as a joke without having to mispell it intentionally, I can't say "damn I was playing dark souls 3 and champion gundyr kept abusing me everytime" I have to type "abvsed".

This isn't just a rare occurrence like it used to be, it's all the time now. It's sad to see how weak and soft and snivelling our society is becoming when someone can't see a word online without becoming "triggered". Is this really how we all want to be? Where reading a single word sends us into rage or depression or sadness? Do we really want to be ruled by emotions to the point where one single word ruins our entire day?

I was in the army overseas. I understand people having trauma and by that I mean real deep seeded trauma so I'm not insensitive to it. But we have an entire generation that hasn't experienced real trauma or even lived on their own and have a break down seeing the word abuse. They cry at a 40 hour work week, cry reading 1 word, they cry over everything.

I don't understand what happened. Jesus when I was a kid they showed the movie "extremities" on tv for all to see where a man breaks into this ladies house and tries to rape her and she traps him and tortured him and no one ever even said a word. I watched it with my mom as a kid. Now we can't even read the word rape. These people would have to be committed to an insane asylum if they saw the movie they call her one eye.

What happened to be people being tough and durable? Sure you can not like things and have them upset you. But you deal with it and move on. Most things people get triggered by today are things our whole society used to be exposed to every day and we barely even thought about it.

And what really boggles my mind is if I type "r4pe" it still puts the word "rape" in your head. We all know what it means, you think the word rape. So how does misspelling it make it ok somehow? It's like the word "nword", come on, we all know what it means but it's acceptable?

I don't understand America anymore and I'm only 50, I'm not that old. My grandma died at 95, and even at 95 she was still tougher than the vast majority of people today that are 15 to 30. I can't believe how much of a pussy most people have become even since the 90s.
You are a sensitive soul. But you are lucky that you have so little to worry about.

I was just looking at a list of movies that the article said couldn't be shown today, there were many classic movies on that list notably "Blazing Saddles" we are soft for sure.

TMC July 4 10pm.

On many other channels also.

OrewllWarnedU.jpg

We can't get a handle on gangs who raid stores and smash windows and we can't stop the hoard of illegal aliens who are raping and murdering American citizens but we are concerned that words in common usage might be offensive to a small segment of society. Orwell lives.

Forum List

Back